OH - Pike Co - 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue - 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
moo

Defense will appeal based on the judge allowing them to play incriminating statements by their client. Moo

and moo lol

edit: That infamous website was mentioned again earlier.
Has a moderator declined us from speaking about Topix since it's been mentioned in court and elaborated on by Julia today explaining what Topix was about.

I mean hard to appeal based on something you requested isn't it? I don't know it's just ridiculous to me that this is an issue now and not before this all started.

RE: that website mentioned earlier and again.. it's starting to sound like the W's were on that site.

Not surprising that they were. That web site was terrible. Obscene, bullying, violent language and often just dumb.

I'm glad they didn't mention WS, though I suspect they were here. Amazing how they had people spamming the BCI tip line. It actually worked for a while, but I don't think Sheriff Reader was fooled for long.

I'm also surprised at how often the elder Wagners are mentioned in these calls, dealing with LE, guns, etc. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohh, did you hear that?

Sounded like Parker said the state wants introduce evidence from "the website, which is voluminous".

I'll have to wait until I can playback the video.

Looks like the judge is going to listen to about 40 minutes of audio now.

Defense cross

Parker asking if Eveslage thinks the gun in both pictures is same gun.

Parker asks about when that first recording featuring George and his son took place - it was 4 days.

Parker wants to play the entire call from this morning.

Asks if there were hundreds if not thousands of calls out of the calls presented.

Breaking for 10 minutes to allow defense to set up to play entire call. Don't know how long it is.

This is the full 13-minute phone call between George and Billy about the search of the Peterson Road house - when agents used backhoes etc.

Defense lawyer Parker moves to play another full recording and yet another bench conference.

That leads to the jury being sent home for the day and perhaps more arguments this afternoon in court. But we're still on the record as two sides argue whether full recording played on three more calls.

defense arguing the prosecution is playing the recordings (excerpts) out of context.

Canepa says the prosecution is not hiding anything or being misleading.
https://twitter.com/jamespilcher

@jamespilcher
·
14m

defense arguing the prosecution is playing the recordings (excerpts) out of context.
@local12
When I was listening it seemed the defense thinks they were presented in a way that says that was the reason for each call to discuss what was played, but in fact other things were discussed in each call. So they want to play the entire call to show it wasn't just a call to discuss what the prosecution played.

Why can't they just have a stipulation that says, these are only excerpts from each call if the entire call isn't played?

They're talking about FB groups discussing the murders, too. Said there were people from FB and T who were at the farm during the search taking photos, etc.

ETA: Peterson Rd farm search

Possibly true. We followed the searches that day here at WS, but I don't recall anyone here saying they were going out there. I do recall some locals posting live video on FB, but they just seemed like locals.

Last edited:
Ohh, did you hear that?

Sounded like Parker said the state wants introduce evidence from "the website, which is voluminous".

I'll have to wait until I can playback the video.

Looks like the judge is going to listen to about 40 minutes of audio now.
I thought they were talking about the 2018 tapes and R &L trucking

Here is the Alaska house AW and GW are discussing.

Aw said the bank called it a hermaphrodite house and they wouldn't loan money on it.

Phone recording just now .... moo

GW4 ranting at AW about BCI digging up the farm when the new owners and people from Facebook and Topix have been walking all over it.

Paranoid about BCI following them on the road, cars with Ohio tags playing cat and mouse on the highway, etc.

State should have just played the whole recording. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member