OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Thanks, rsd1200!!! I'm still somewhat surprised they let her out on bond knowing that.

So, yes, she was there and heard the conversations. JMO/IANAL, she could be charged with other crimes, possibly conspiracy. Didn't she realize by then that her son and his family had committed the murders? Were they discussing that fact with her? How much did she know and when?

She didn't call LE, instead she went on to lie to the Grand Jury, resulting in a charge of Obstruction of Justice. In spite of the "no contact" order, she's still probably trying to control her family members in jail and doing her utmost that they avoid conviction. JMO, she wants these people back out in the community, posing a risk to the lives of other innocent people.

I agree. The prosecution is saying she purchased bulletproof vests for her son and maybe grandson. The ordinary Joe or Josie out there does not buy a bulletproof vest. They are expensive for one thing. Anywhere from 800.00 to 2500.00 (I know this because I purchased one for hubby). For the second thing here in my state and I assume any other state, you cannot purchase a Kevlar vest legally unless you are in law enforcement. Hubby had to show identification proving who he was and why he would need a bulletproof vest before they would even take measurements to fit him for the vest. He had to show it again to pick up the vest when it was finished.

So I am assuming she purchased the vests illegally since neither she or her son is LE.

So why did she purchase Kevlar vests for her son and then lie about it. IMO it is because she knew what they were going to be used for. Which makes her more deeply involved than OOJ or perjury.
JMO

Rhoden family massacre: Fredericka Wagner argues for access to church, workplace

Wagner matriarch in Rhoden murder case wants bail modified

Pike County Murders: Fredericka Wagner's defense requests testimony

Catching up. Been busy and missed FW's hearing

ETA: Anyone recall what reason her defense gave for objecting to the "no contact" order? She really wants to keep control of this case. JMO.

NBC -Columbus, OH has a good article, too

Grandmothers of Rhoden family murder suspects to be in court Thursday

Last edited:
Yes. Why would they have no reason to have vests?

I think they said they were found in the bedroom of her son. Not sure. Poor audio, for me.

BBM
Because they are not law enforcement and cannot legally purchase or own a Kevlar vest.

Soooo why did they want them? So someone they were shooting at could not kill them if they shot back?

I am pretty certain that a Kevlar vest would have absolutely no value during hunting because the deer they are shooting at does not own a gun.

JMO

She also listened in on their plans to seek revenge against LE and did nothing to stop them. That's pretty serious.

I know Betty. I was not defending, I was making a comparison in conjunction with other people who may have told one lie to a GJ. If other people told one lie I would not think the prosecutor would be so hard core they didn't even want to modify a house arrest to let them go to church. Especially if they were 76 years old.

That is why I think her involvement was much deeper than just lying to the GJ.

JMO

BBM
Because they are not law enforcement and cannot legally purchase or own a Kevlar vest.

Soooo why did they want them? So someone they were shooting at could not kill them if they shot back?

I am pretty certain that a Kevlar vest would have absolutely no value during hunting because the deer they are shooting at does not own a gun.

JMO

According to Trudie's article above, its legal everywhere except Connecticut. It's considered reasonable if someone works in a high risk type job, like managing a jewelry store, liquor store, etc.

The bigger question seems to be why Fredericka lied to the GJ about her son and grandson owning them, or that she bought them? LE must have found the receipts where she purchased them, so they caught her in a lie. That's obstruction of justice, likely because Billy and GW4 used them during the murders. JMO. I'm guessing GW4 is the grandson being referred to. He seems the more likely of the two brothers to want / need one. I wonder when the vests were purchased? Did FW buy anything else for them?

Rhoden family massacre: Fredericka Wagner argues for access to church, workplace

Wagner matriarch in Rhoden murder case wants bail modified

Pike County Murders: Fredericka Wagner's defense requests testimony

Catching up. Been busy and missed FW's hearing

ETA: Anyone recall what reason her defense gave for objecting to the "no contact" order? She really wants to keep control of this case. JMO.

NBC -Columbus, OH has a good article, too

Grandmothers of Rhoden family murder suspects to be in court Thursday
They did not object to the "no contact" order. They objected to the gag order and stated they wanted to make a statement to the press refuting the accusations against their client.

According to Trudie's article above, its legal everywhere except Connecticut. It's considered reasonable if someone works in a high risk type job, like managing a jewelry store, liquor store, etc.

The bigger question seems to be why Fredericka lied to the GJ about her son and grandson owning them, or that she bought them? LE must have found the receipts where she purchased them, so they caught her in a lie. That's obstruction of justice, likely because Billy and GW4 used them during the murders. JMO. I'm guessing GW4 is the grandson being referred to. He seems the more likely of the two brothers to want / need one. I wonder when the vests were purchased? Did FW buy anything else for them?

Betty, was it said by the DA that F purchased the vests? I thought I heard she lied about them after they were found. I didn’t catch the portion regarding the specific context of the lie. DA/defense agreed, one lie, I think.
Tysm

That is not true in my state. I know because I bought one. I purchased it from a tactical store that caters to law enforcement. Hubby had to show identification in order to get fitted for it and to pick it up.
I just questioned some LE relatives of mine re these vests, body armor, and yes you can now purchase them. Apparently some execs use them. I know for a fact that I had to wait in a coffee shop, not even in the car, when m friend purchased one in PA.

Betty, when I purchased the vest for hubby, I was told they could not legally and would not sell that vest to me for hubby unless he was law enforcement. I bought it from a reputable tactical store that caters to LE. He had to show identification and his badge to be fitted and to pick it up. I don't know how it is in Ohio, but that is how it is here.

JMO

I just questioned some LE relatives of mine re these vests, body armor, and yes you can now purchase them. Apparently some execs use them. I know for a fact that I had to wait in a coffee shop, not even in the car, when m friend purchased one in PA.

The bulletproof vests in her article stops all handguns up to a .44 mag. Those would be less than useless in LE. Hubby's protects against all guns except armor piercing bullets. It also protects against stab wounds from a knife or other sharp object. A vest like the one in her article would only serve to get him killed.

I don't know if the law has changed here in the last few years regarding the purchase or owning them, I just know what I was told when I bought it.

JMO

The bulletproof vests in her article stops all handguns up to a .44 mag. Those would be less than useless in LE. Hubby's protects against all guns except armor piercing bullets. It also protects against stab wounds from a knife or other sharp object. A vest like the one in her article would only serve to get him killed.

I don't know if the law has changed here in the last few years regarding the purchase or owning them, I just know what I was told when I bought it.

JMO
Thank you, Raisin. That explains it for me. :)

Coffee shop is better than a car, imo (picturing a steaming cup of caffeine).
I have 3 bpvs. I ordered 2 from a catalogue & bought one in person from Gall’s.

They did not object to the "no contact" order. They objected to the gag order and stated they wanted to make a statement to the press refuting the accusations against their client.

Gotcha. Oh, wow. Who knew FW would want to become a media queen during the trials? She can refute accusations in court, no? She'll have her chance, she doesn't need to try the case in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16