OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a stupid question, but I can't find the answer. If all, or some of the trials are moved to other counties in Ohio, will Junk still be the prosecutor? I assume AC will be because she works for the state of Ohio. I'm hoping if/when they are moved, Junk won't go. Or if they are in separate counties and more than one are happening at once, how does that work? I have no reason for doubting Junk. He just seems kinda shifty and shady. Definitely doesn't inspire confidence.

Might be a stupid question, but I can't find the answer. If all, or some of the trials are moved to other counties in Ohio, will Junk still be the prosecutor? I assume AC will be because she works for the state of Ohio. I'm hoping if/when they are moved, Junk won't go. Or if they are in separate counties and more than one are happening at once, how does that work? I have no reason for doubting Junk. He just seems kinda shifty and shady. Definitely doesn't inspire confidence.

JMO only, but AC will probably oversee all of them. They probably won't be held simultaneously. They may have assistance from other prosecutors in the AG's office.

@gitana1
Hope you're not too busy and can answer some questions for us about the Pike County OH murder trials.

The county sheriff recently stated the trials for the 4 Wagner family members accused of the murders (and 2 other family members who face separate charges related to the murders, including forgery of custody documents, lying to the Grand Jury, etc.) will probably be held separately, likely in other counties. Pike County doesn't have the budget or population to hold all 4 trials there. If this happens, will the trials likely be held simultaneously or at different times? How will prosecutors handle 4 separate trials? There is only 1 prosecutor in Pike County (Rob Junk) and the lead prosecutor right now in pre-trial hearings is a special prosecutor from the Ohio AG's office, Angela Canepa. All six Wagner family members are currently being held in separate jails in various counties.

Another question that has come up recently has to do with motions in the pre-trial hearings, currently being held in Pike County Common Pleas Court. Defense attorneys have asked the judge to rule on a variety of motions e.g. allowing defendants to wear street clothes in court and to appear without visible restraints, like handcuffs, etc. Are these kind of motions normally ruled on by judges in pre-trial hearings? We understand the numerous other motions made by defense attorneys relating to discovery issues, etc. Here's a link to a sample of some of the motions filed by defense Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered

In the indictments for the 4 Wagners accused of murder, there is mention of a John Doe in one of the counts. Who might this be or what does it imply? Just a little background

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...cial-Prosecutions/PikeCountyMurderIndictments

Count 9 (p 7 of 52) in murder indictments is a charge of Conspiracy that lists any unidentified and/or unknown individuals.
Count 22 (p 12 of 52) Engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity charge lists, as members of the group engaged in corrupt activity, a John Doe and any unidentified and/or unknown individuals along with the other 6 Wagner family members.

Sorry for asking so many questions about this complicated case. If you can answer a couple, that would be great. Thanks for all your great help with this case!

I'm just now catching up on this news. WTH is going on here? Very interesting information about the budget politics being played by Pike County Commissioners, the new AG and Sheriff Reader. AG Yost and his team seem to be approaching this differently than DeWine's team. I've been a little concerned at, JMO, Yost's limited experience in the criminal prosecution area.

Also interesting information about who serves on the Pike County Commission and possible 2nd degree connections to FW. o_O What??? Still catching up on this. Has anyone found a link yet to the AG press conference?

ETA: Some links

State leaders give Pike County $100K ‘down payment’ toward massacre prosecutions

I'm assuming this means if Reader can't get money for this "vest" then JW still has to appear in the courtroom in shackles? Is that the implication?
Reader had 1000.00 in his budget and he stated he purchased the vest. When his 400.00 left is gone is when he needs to approach the commissioners. Jmo the commissioners are not at fault in this situation Jmo

How long are they going to keep these bedbug infested trailers?

Was there ever and proof of a bed bug infestation? (I apologize to those that are sick to death of the bedbug conversation) I would think that even if there was any bedbugs, they died relatively soon. My opinion is, they are being kept until after the trials, then the family would be able to take possession. I'm sure there are plenty of items the family would be very happy to get back.

This is all so crazy, I have never seen movement and storage of trailers etc before?

This link lists the costs including some “incidental” costs...
Trailers from Pike County massacre moved again

Moving the trailers was AG DeWine's idea. He's the one who discussed the reasons at great length in news interviews. He discussed a couple different reasons for doing so, including cost to guard the trailers, use during the trial phase allowing jurors to view the crime scenes.

State to move homes where Pike County shooting victims found

AG Mike DeWine on securing Rhoden mobile homes

Pike County Commissioners approved moving them a second time to county property after Hadsell Chemical went out of business

Trailers from Pike County massacre moved again

They might be held during the same time frame but not the same days.

I'm just now catching up on this news. WTH is going on here? Very interesting information about the budget politics being played by Pike County Commissioners, the new AG and Sheriff Reader. AG Yost and his team seem to be approaching this differently than DeWine's team. I've been a little concerned at, JMO, Yost's limited experience in the criminal prosecution area.

Also interesting information about who serves on the Pike County Commission and possible 2nd degree connections to FW. o_O What??? Still catching up on this. Has anyone found a link yet to the AG press conference?

State leaders give Pike County $100K ‘down payment’ toward massacre prosecutions

I'm assuming this means if Reader can't get money for this "vest" then JW still has to appear in the courtroom in shackles? Is that the implication?

Betty P, if I understood Reader correctly, his office would be held in contempt for not providing the vests. This is sickening! I am losing respect fast for this Judge. Reader seems to be the only good person in PC!

Betty P, if I understood Reader correctly, his office would be held in contempt for not providing the vests. This is sickening! I am losing respect fast for this Judge. Reader seems to be the only good person in PC!

IDK, it doesn't sound like the Judge's fault necessarily, but the fault of whomever is holding up the funds to buy this equipment. I thought the judge had said that the sheriff's office needed to provide him with a report on the costs before he made a decision? Was some other decision made during in camera hearings?

IDK, it doesn't sound like the Judge's fault necessarily, but the fault of whomever is holding up the funds to buy this equipment. I thought the judge had said that the sheriff's office needed to provide him with a report on the costs before he made a decision? Was some other decision made during in camera hearings?

I thought it was to be discussed after a cost for different items was submitted. This must have happened in chambers and not in court or whatever if they made a choice...

Betty P, here's the link to the AG press release

Ohio AG delivers $100,000 of financial support to Pike Co.

Don’t know who “most” are - but my post was not a personal attack. I got bedbugs during a trip to the Ozarks and the article caught my eye.
I’m not most nor occasional . I’m well-known. It says so.

I don't know about the character of the judge. So far, I've seen no reason to question it. It appears he's going out of his way to accommodate the accused so that it never comes back to anything he didn't do. Although I think the request is predictable, I don't understand the thought process. Anyone who is following or watching these trials knows very well that they are prisoners, charged with horrible murders plus a lot more. Looking at the whole picture, why is visible restraints the breaking point? The handcuffs don't make them look *more* guilty to me. I think the judge is doing what he feels he has to do. It's up to the county to accommodate or deny those expenses. If it is ordered, the county should have to comply with it and provide the funds necessary.

I would be a terrible judge. I would have a difficult time being accommodating in many situations.

I don't know about the character of the judge. So far, I've seen no reason to question it. It appears he's going out of his way to accommodate the accused so that it never comes back to anything he didn't do. Although I think the request is predictable, I don't understand the thought process. Anyone who is following or watching these trials knows very well that they are prisoners, charged with horrible murders plus a lot more. Looking at the whole picture, why is visible restraints the breaking point? The handcuffs don't make them look *more* guilty to me. I think the judge is doing what he feels he has to do. It's up to the county to accommodate or deny those expenses. If it is ordered, the county should have to comply with it and provide the funds necessary.

I would be a terrible judge. I would have a difficult time being accommodating in many situations.

JMO, for now I think the judge is just trying to avoid giving the W's attorneys any excuse they might use for appeal or mistrial or whatever. IANAL. If the state just gave them a big check, they should use a small amount of that money to buy the vests or whatever it is that Reader needs to meet the judge's order. This seems like a no-brainer, but budget fights can be epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member