OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm skeptical of the claim that there was money at his feet. It comes from one source and hasn't been corroborated by anyone else, AFAIK. Even LE (the AG, I believe) seemed to scoff at the notion.

Video at link, much more info from one of a # of companies that hauled.

He says he and another worker helped tow five of a total of 18 vehicles away from the Rhoden property where eight members of the family were shot to death nearly two weeks ago.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/up-to-18-vehicles-towed-from-pike-county-massacre-property

Neace said the cars were various makes and models with some missing parts such as engines.

He says investigators would not specify why specific vehicles were selected. He estimates a total of 40 vehicles were scattered in and around the property. He's not sure why the family had so many.

I think that if the killings were planned well in advance and waiting for HR to have her baby was a factor, it could simply be the unpredictable timing related to giving birth. If the primary intended target(s) would have likely been at the hospital awaiting the birth or visiting afterward it could throw a serious monkey wrench into the plans.

By waiting until the baby was born, HR was back home and the family was back to a more normal routine done you could better predict who would (or wouldn't) be around.

To me that is more likely than the full moon theory.

Or, they felt that they had to kill Hanna, too. And had to be sure that she was home. Until she was finally home with the baby, they wouldn't know when she would go into labor and leave for the hospital. JMO......ETA sorry, I basically said the same thing as you!

AG didn't specify if he was shooting down the money at his feet or the amount discrepancy. So it's still a possibility IMO. IIRC the reporter asked about 1000 dollars being found.

AG didn't specify if he was shooting down the money at his feet or the amount discrepancy. So it's still a possibility IMO. IIRC the reporter asked about 1000 dollars being found.

Well, it sounds like some money was there. If there was no money, he would have said that. He wouldn't have said it "didn't sound right." I think he's referring to the amount. It was likely significantly less than $1000.

If money thing is true and it was dollar bills and not 1000 as Daily Mail headlined it. I'm thinking the killer is young, broke a tightwad or trying to stage the scene. Just a thought.

maybe not the exact amount, but it probably is true.......if not it's just a ridiculous bald-faced lie. JMO

Yes but he was only caught because his nephew lived to tell them who did it. What if the nephew hadn't lived. It still boggles my mind today to read how many adults were in the one room and it seemed like they just stood there and waited their turn. I think it was 3 in the kitchen.

I bet there is more than 1 killer....hence killing the 3 adults in the kitchen as they stood there. I can see the family hushing up and not saying a word. I wonder about local LE...how reliable were they, are they, I do not know but the question needs to be asked. Since this news broke all eyes are on LE, but before, what was, if any, their involvement, what did they know or not do?

With that...this a true story. I can see this type of thing happening in Ohio....a big secret. We moved to Maryville, MO, about 1983, living there 4 years because of my husbands job. We were warned the first day, NOT to go to Skidmore, MO. IF we had to travel that way or through the town to drive straight through, not to talk to anyone and keep our mouth shut. We were like...WHAT? There is a book out, In Broad Daylight, by Harrty MacLean. (This can be googled). It is about Ken Rex McElroy, of Skidmore, MO, who for 21 years was the town bully and everyone was scared, terrified of him. McElroy was indicted 21 times and acquitted 20 times. The things he did were awful. The townspeople finally had enough. In 1981, McElroy and his wife sat in his pickup on mainstreet, the truck was surrounded by town and county people and McElroy was shot 21 times, killed....his young wife was not hurt. Three grand juries later, no one was charged. FBI was brought in and could not crack the case. There were over 40 witnesses to the shooting and NO ONE, not even his wife, would tell who the people were that did the shooting. NONE of the weapons were found...ever. To this day this is an unsolved murder. The town has kept the secret forever.

So, for an entire town to keep quiet for over 3 decades, not killing the wife who sat next to McElroy...I can see this family uniting and keeping quiet to 'protect' the killer or killers...I can see why the kids were not hurt. They were young, could not identify the killers and were family. The 3 year old could have been drugged, so sound asleep he did not hear anything. Was a Silencer or pillow uses??? I do not know. With McElroy, he was a bully, damaged, hurt and killed, people got tired of him as LE was even bullied and under McElroys thumb and on the take.....but what is the secret this family has? So many adults, were they going to break away from the family business, want more of the 'cut', involved in another business that other family members were not part of but wanted money from...we do not know yet...but I bet LE knows.

WS are asking all the right questions, going over all the possibilities, but follow the money and find the family secret....that will be very hard to do if this family had closed its ranks protecting the killers or killer much like Skidmore citizens have done some 30 years ago. JMO..a big secret ans money are the leads.

One thing for sure. I have read through a lot of cases here at WS over the years and this is one of the most bizarre and tragic ones.

I will be glad when LE releases information to help the public understand WTH happened. And be even more glad when someone is arrested for the murders. If the shooter(s) are from out of state then we could be in for a long wait for any arrests.

But Stone also appears to be the source of the info for the security cameras missing from at Kenneth's camper, and DeWine has not challenged that and sort of acknowledged it when he mentioned that the killer(s) had 'been careful' to cover their tracks and make the investigation and any prosecution difficult. If Stone publicly claims he saw money and deputies did not find any ... well ... good luck sorting that one out.

If money thing is true and it was dollar bills and not 1000 as Daily Mail headlined it. I'm thinking the killer is young, broke a tightwad or trying to stage the scene. Just a thought.

Or someone popped by to get a quarter, and it went south for whatever reason?

Dewine was asked about it by WLW in an interview and chose to address it. “It does not sound correct to me, but I’m not going to get into knocking down every rumor,” DeWine said during the WLW interview.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...wine-dismisses-rumors-in-pike-county-killings

In the video of PC at the bottom Dewine explains he doesn't want to get into if the rumor is partially true. IOW he doesn't want to tell which parts are true and which parts aren't IMO.

Honestly if it was family I think there would be an arrest already.

It very much depends on how much hard evidence they have and what forensic results are still outstanding. Firm linkage is important. Furthermore, there may be secondary lines of investigation ... others involved in the drug operation, others involved in motor vehicle crime. They may wish to swoop on them all simultaneously and they may need to justify multiple arrest warrants, work with other LE departments. Timing could also be critical in making arrests so that police officers and innocents don't get hurt in the process. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread ?? We don't know how complex this might be ... Let's give LE credit until we know more ... !!

LE has not confirmed or denied the bills DS claimed to have seen.

One thing for sure. I have read through a lot of cases here at WS over the years and this is one of the most bizarre and tragic ones.

I will be glad when LE releases information to help the public understand WTH happened. And be even more glad when someone is arrested for the murders. If the shooter(s) are from out of state then we could be in for a long wait for any arrests.

YUP So many motives and characters and no info that we can bank on other than 8 people are dead. JMO

That's a new one for me. What are your thoughts about this?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well it would obviously have to be someone who had a lot of money to keep someone quiet. Who did Kenneth know that had a lot of money and a secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413