OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister in law has a close friend who lives a few miles from where this happened and where she heard one of the bodies were found is different than anything I've heard thus far and would definitely change up the theories. Although I understand the need to keep most details private, I wish they would release a little more info..
And you're not going to share?

Leonard's been pretty quiet lately. Poor fella.

But Stone also appears to be the source of the info for the security cameras missing from at Kenneth's camper, and DeWine has not challenged that and sort of acknowledged it when he mentioned that the killer(s) had 'been careful' to cover their tracks and make the investigation and any prosecution difficult. If Stone publicly claims he saw money and deputies did not find any ... well ... good luck sorting that one out.

LE could have requested that he not discuss the case, but they probably know he's a motormouth and want him to keep on blabbing. JMO

Still no info released yet on which victims were shot which number of times???

The numbers bother me for some reason. Something about it seems methodical. As if the number of shots to each victim represented something.

"Dr. Stuart Bassman, a Cincinnati-based trauma and sexual assault counselor, spoke with WCPO Tuesday, saying the number of gunshots can indicate certain psychological factors at play in the killings."

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/rhod...-pike-county-massacre-multiple-gunshot-wounds

> One victim with a single gunshot wound
> One victim with two gunshot wounds
> Two victims each with three gunshot wounds
> One victim with four gunshot wounds
> Two victims each with five gunshot wounds
> One victim with nine gunshot wounds

Leonard's been pretty quiet lately. Poor fella.

Wonder if his son ever got his truck back.
Also, probably laying low and staying quiet because of his relationship with the police. He mentioned there had been a conflict the previous Saturday in which some of the deputies were "just pure snots."

LE has not confirmed or denied the bills DS claimed to have seen.

Did LE ever confirm or deny the claim by DS that they had him get KRs dog Brownie so that LE could go into the trailer and deal with the body/crime scene?

IF what DS said about that was true then :
A) the killer of KR was let in by KR himself,
or
B) it was someone who was a frequent enough visitor at KRs that Brownie took no issue with them letting themselves in. That means not just someone who knew 'the family', but was close enough to KR to be at his home regularly.

There is a quote somewhere in a media article where someone says they can't believe someone would do this to the Rhodens, ESPECIALLY Gary. They said that killing Gary was the equivalent to "kicking a dog."
So I think that goes to show a bit about Gary's demeanor. JMO.

Edit : Found it!
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/01/health/ohio-murders-pike-county/

So do you think Gary may have actually not been an initial target? Maybe he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time? Seems possible.

Well it would obviously have to be someone who had a lot of money to keep someone quiet. Who did Kenneth know that had a lot of money and a secret.
I honestly have no idea, lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Did LE ever confirm or deny the claim by DS that they had him get KRs dog Brownie so that LE could go into the trailer and deal with the body/crime scene?

IF what DS said about that was true then :
A) the killer of KR was let in by KR himself,
or
B) it was someone who was a frequent enough visitor at KRs that Brownie took no issue with them letting themselves in. That means not just someone who knew 'the family', but was close enough to KR to be at his home regularly.

I totally agree and have thought the same thing. It's another reason Kenneth stands out to me. And I'm not particularly assuming DS is responsible. He seems too stupid to pull something like this off IMO.

Still no info released yet on which victims were shot which number of times???

The numbers bother me for some reason. Something about it seems methodical. As if the number of shots to each victim represented something.

"Dr. Stuart Bassman, a Cincinnati-based trauma and sexual assault counselor, spoke with WCPO Tuesday, saying the number of gunshots can indicate certain psychological factors at play in the killings."

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/rhod...-pike-county-massacre-multiple-gunshot-wounds

> One victim with a single gunshot wound
> One victim with two gunshot wounds
> Two victims each with three gunshot wounds
> One victim with four gunshot wounds
> Two victims each with five gunshot wounds
> One victim with nine gunshot wounds

I think that the ones who got shot the least amount of times were shot as efficiently as possible.
Those with the most shots may have been intentionally shot in non-lethal places to prolong the suffering.
Multiple shots, to me, indicate more suffering.
I'd be interested to know which person received how many shots. That would probably reveal a lot about who the main targets were.

So do you think Gary may have actually not been an initial target? Maybe he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time? Seems possible.

Ehhhhh. No. I still think this leads back to Gary and his involvement in other "business endeavors."
But someone suggested that he perhaps was killed because someone stumbled across the bodies and assumed Gary did it. I don't think anyone would assume Gary did it, if what that woman said about his personality is true.

I still think there have to be at least 2 involved. Maybe 3, but probably not more. JMO

Well it would obviously have to be someone who had a lot of money to keep someone quiet. Who did Kenneth know that had a lot of money and a secret.

Or Kenneth owed that person/people a lot more money than what was strewn at his feet. Maybe he promised to have the rest of the money by a certain time and tried to get his family to help raise it. Maybe he pulled them into a web he created, and they weren't able to meet the deadline. Maybe he thought the people/person he owed would give them more time, and didn't think they were going to be murdered over it. Just thinking.

**Sorry for this...I had trouble with the reply with quote function.**

LE has confirmed the grow operations but was the product already harvested? Or still intact?
Perhaps it was still on the premises, packaged, waiting for distribution
The perp(s) knew it was there but not exactly where to find it
Multiple gunshot wounds could have been to extract details from the victims
Simply guessing
Definitely more questions than answers!
IMO

I bet there is more than 1 killer....hence killing the 3 adults in the kitchen as they stood there. I can see the family hushing up and not saying a word. I wonder about local LE...how reliable were they, are they, I do not know but the question needs to be asked. Since this news broke all eyes are on LE, but before, what was, if any, their involvement, what did they know or not do?

With that...this a true story. I can see this type of thing happening in Ohio....a big secret. We moved to Maryville, MO, about 1983, living there 4 years because of my husbands job. We were warned the first day, NOT to go to Skidmore, MO. IF we had to travel that way or through the town to drive straight through, not to talk to anyone and keep our mouth shut. We were like...WHAT? There is a book out, In Broad Daylight, by Harrty MacLean. (This can be googled). It is about Ken Rex McElroy, of Skidmore, MO, who for 21 years was the town bully and everyone was scared, terrified of him. McElroy was indicted 21 times and acquitted 20 times. The things he did were awful. The townspeople finally had enough. In 1981, McElroy and his wife sat in his pickup on mainstreet, the truck was surrounded by town and county people and McElroy was shot 21 times, killed....his young wife was not hurt. Three grand juries later, no one was charged. FBI was brought in and could not crack the case. There were over 40 witnesses to the shooting and NO ONE, not even his wife, would tell who the people were that did the shooting. NONE of the weapons were found...ever. To this day this is an unsolved murder. .
I have that book that's one of the first true crime books I ever read. If I ever drive thru Skidmore I'm stopping. The person to fear is gone. My kind of town. I'm not a fan of vigilante justice but sometimes common sense has got to take over. That man was a terrorist.

Am I imagining this or did I read that one thing DS said was that Kenneth always willingly lent him money? I'm wondering if Kenneth may have put the clamps on loans, and the money at his feet was thrown at him before he was shot....Also, if Kenneth had planned to go to an auction, he would have had quite a bit of cash to buy a car or two. JMO

Am I imagining this or did I read that one thing DS said was that Kenneth always willingly lent him money? I'm wondering if Kenneth may have put the clamps on loans, and the money at his feet was thrown at him before he was shot....Also, if Kenneth had planned to go to an auction, he would have had quite a bit of cash to buy a car or two. JMO

I can't imagine that DS would have left the money in a situation like this, then specifically mention it to the Daily Mail. Surely it would have had his fingerprints on it?

My sister in law has a close friend who lives a few miles from where this happened and where she heard one of the bodies were found is different than anything I've heard thus far and would definitely change up the theories. Although I understand the need to keep most details private, I wish they would release a little more info..

Would this be the CR Jr. rumor that his body was found in a different location? I seem to remember reading that somewhere early on, maybe last week and I don't think it was here on WS. Yes it would definitely throw things into a different light if that were the case. :doh:

I can't imagine that DS would have left the money in a situation like this, then specifically mention it to the Daily Mail. Surely it would have had his fingerprints on it?

yes...but there might have been more money where that came from. DUNNO just speculating.....JMO He may have deliberately mentioned it so that when his or if his prints showed up on it, he wouldn't look suspicious. Convoluted, I know, LOL JMO He went in there and found Kenneth obviously, before he called 911. What did he touch?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413