OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered if someone was spending the night with one of the families. Would have given the upper hand in at least one of the homes. Just a thought.

2) I've imagined how this situation could've gone down numerous times. I thoroughly believe the killers sneaked up on the victims and the shootings happened simultaneously. I am completely stumped on the amount of gunshots, however, I do believe the first two (BIG) men found would've attempted to fight back and may have been shot/beaten up in an attempt to garner information. Again, b/c of the children, I believe FR and his girlfriend were shot in their sleep. Also, am thinking the timeline is closer to daylight b/c Dana would've been asleep by then (home from work 11:30 p or thereabouts and prob on her computer, showering, having something to eat, etc. before going to bed), easier to sneak in on that household and subdue them.

Snipped and BBM- I agree- had to have been simultaneously attacked, at least the 2 trailers that were close to each other. Otherwise the shots/screams would have awakened those next door. DR was out of hearing distance as was KR, and that is also why I've wondered about the killers having military/paramilitary training.

I don't think I'm allowed to name who I think is involved, but it's my opinion that it's a long time friend of the family. And the relationship began with Chris Sr.
Hint? The guy from the campground?

I follow the idea of that family friend, and think very unusual things are going on there, but have not been
speculating further. You could be right.

The he big flaw in my current speculation about inside job is that the "short term solution" that the perp(s)
accomplished, makes NO SENSE "long term".
Just speculating.
If in the end, this is not " inside" I will feel awful about my current thoughts, but ultimately RELIEVED.
Can you PM me who you're thinking? I'm intrigued.

One of the largest unsolved mass murders occurred in Chicago in 2008 and is commonly called the Lane Bryant shooting where five people were gunned down in a clothing store. And it took nine years to make arrests in the seven murders in the Browns Chicken massacre in Palatine, Il. So occasionally years do pass without an arrest in mass slayings. Hoping that's not the case here.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...tml#st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/W5pQLKjM9Y

Pike County family massacre so far falls outside usual patterns in mass killiings. @kimballperry brings perspective dispatch.com/content/storie…

@hollyzachariah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the article:
"The ultimate goal of the individual who commits these attacks is to achieve the recognition of doing it," Cohen said. "Their goal is to die knowing their legacy will live on or to see their results validated.

Just a matter of time before the bragging/boasting behavior kicks in. There may already be some going on depending on how you read some of the FB posts I've seen in the last day or so. :thinking:

I think against TOS.
Since so little info. has been released, it limits discussion.
TOS are understandable and necessary.
But now, discussion seems at a road block.
Although, I guess I can say some family members are notably absent/silent and another talks too much.
I think we are thinking the same. Could you PM me as well?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Snipped and BBM- I agree- had to have been simultaneously attacked, at least the 2 trailers that were close to each other. Otherwise the shots/screams would have awakened those next door. DR was out of hearing distance as was KR, and that is also why I've wondered about the killers having military/paramilitary training.
Do a quick google search on the Lester Street murders. 1 perp and I believe 5 adults and 2 kid victims. Shot and stabbed. And they were wide awake. In a residential neighborhood. No training just a demonic monster.

Do a quick google search on the Lester Street murders. 1 perp and I believe 5 adults and 2 kid victims. Shot and stabbed. And they were wide awake. In a residential neighborhood. No training just a demonic monster.

Yes but the perp was arrested quickly. I've watched that First 48 episode several times.

Also, the children were killed, as is typical in family annihilation murders. I've been racking my brains trying to remember a family annihilation or bloodlust crime in which the children were NOT killed. To me, it points to a different kind of motive.

Can you PM me who you're thinking? I'm intrigued.

I appreciate your interest in my theory, but I cringe at the thought of what I am thinking.
Let's see what the next few days bring. I hope I find that I am wrong.
Speculation.
It could involve a double cross that was purposeful, accidental or just plain stupid.
Kind of a " you do this for me" ...and then..." I'll do that for you" .... without anyone thinking past
the 'event' or realizing the unintended consequences.
Now that I type it,....cringing...

From the article:

Just a matter of time before the bragging/boasting behavior kicks in. There may already be some going on depending on how you read some of the FB posts I've seen in the last day or so. :thinking:
I'm beginning to think schizophrenia or something is in the gene pool

Totally off topic! Why is turkey hunting season in April? Thanksgiving isn't until November! I'd have to eat turkey on Independence day or Labor day! By Thanksgiving that bird would be freezer burnt! -kidding

-sorry... There has to be a reason. I am clueless as to why the season is when it is. (Yes, I know it has nothing to do with "Thanksgiving") Are they breeding in April?
I haven't tried to google an answer, maybe I should.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ohio has two turkey seasons, one in the spring & one in the fall.

I just came across this article. Now I'm wondering if it could be something like the Ruppert Massacre.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...tragedy-stirs-memories-of-ruppert-fami/nrD6g/

The day after Easter, Hamilton awoke to the traumatic news that James Ruppert, then 41, had fatally shot 11 members of his family, including his mother, Charity; his brother, Leonard Jr.; his sister-in-law, Alma; and their eight children — Leonard III, 17; Michael, 16; Thomas, 15; Carol, 13; Ann, 12; David, 11; Teresa, 9; and John, 4.
The murders took place in his mother’s home on Minor Avenue in the city’s Lindenwald neighborhood. Ruppert was convicted of two counts of murder and received a verdict of not guilty by reason of insanity for the other nine killings. He was sentenced to 11 life sentences, and is in the Allen Correctional Institute in Lima awaiting his next parole hearing.

I have been all over the charts on this. But then I keep thinking keep it simple. The simplest is family.

Yes but the perp was arrested quickly. I've watched that First 48 episode several times.
Yes but he was only caught because his nephew lived to tell them who did it. What if the nephew hadn't lived. It still boggles my mind today to read how many adults were in the one room and it seemed like they just stood there and waited their turn. I think it was 3 in the kitchen.

JMO - I am leaning HARD toward a family friend. From everything that has come to light, they were involved "business wise" in a lot of areas with a long time family friend. There's a huge chance things went south, but the family trusted this person and never suspected them to be capable of this. It's just all adding up and it's my opinion that this person is being linked to the cars being towed for examination.

Whomever did this knew their life, their patterns, their schedules, etc. So either they were hardcore stalked for a while or this person already knew everything about them. Its my opinion that this person had someone complete the hit.

I don't think I'm allowed to name who I think is involved, but it's my opinion that it's a long time friend of the family. And the relationship began with Chris Sr.

JMO

I am thinking along the same lines, although I think there was a certain person that is related to the family that was also involved. This person would have also been involved in the auto salvage, would absolutely have been around Chris, Dana and the family. Would have known the dogs and if rumors are true wouldn't shy at murder. This person makes a lot of the pieces of the puzzle fit together nicely.

If this was tied to cars/salvage/drugs combination, this is big and may have been tied to an entirely different meaning of 'family'.

Yes but he was only caught because his nephew lived to tell them who did it. What if the nephew hadn't lived. It still boggles my mind today to read how many adults were in the one room and it seemed like they just stood there and waited their turn. I think it was 3 in the kitchen.

I've been wondering how verbal the surviving 3 year old is. I almost hope he slept through the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.