OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been discussion or confirmation of any altercations that would have happened 24-36 hours prior to the discovery? Was one or more of the victims said to be late for work the morning prior to the murders? Have the victims names with the bruising been identified?
DR was an hour late to work. BJM says that GR & CRsr had bruising.

Interesting thought about the mother and daughter, there are also the women who were all drug users and/prostitutes and the woman and man who were shot while they slept. It not unusual for a serial killer to have an "issue: with some aspect of the victim's culture. Drugs definitely are the one thing on common with all of these murders. I wonder if there was anyone that the local citizens suspected? Someone in authority with an urge to kill?

There are a lot of unsolved murders in the area between 2014 and now... another man and woman were shot while they were sleeping.
Yeah there is. I had forgot about some if them that happened in my hometown that's a couple hrs away. Two boys were found murdered in a burnt up car in a field. Still unsolved. Then there's the Jeff Crawford case that is about as baffling as this one. Both believed to be related to drugs.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

I am convinced that LE played a part in these murders - whether it's a rogue cop or an undercover operation gone bad. I can't imagine any other scenario where homes would be hauled off to a giant warehouse. "Preserved and protected" from who? 24 hour guards would have been cheaper than hauling all that away. I just can't think of anything that the Rhodens did that someone else local would wipe them out for. GR and DS remind me of guys I knew way back in the day. They drink and drug too much, and rely on stronger relatives to see them through... No one is going to own up to anything, including the Manley's because everyone knows who did this, but to say it out loud could be a death sentence. lmho
There's no reason to believe that LE had any part in these murders. And no, 24 hr guards on the properties are not cheaper in the long run to hauling the trailers into storage. At this point in the investigation all pertinent forensics and investigation, photos etc of the properties have already been completed and to pay police or guards 24/7 on 4 separate locations is expensive. As the police have said these trailers were taken simply because they could just in case the crime scenes are needed later for any kind of further need such as crime walk-through during trial or further inspection. If left on their properties it would be far too easy for someone to burn them down or to vandalize or break into them. Besides, nobody will ever want to live in a trailer where people were murdered anyone. Spending a few thousand dollars to put them in storage is far cheaper than the tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands that would have to be paid to have police protect 4 different properties for the next months or even years it takes until a prosecution or conviction.

Interesting thought about the mother and daughter, there are also the women who were all drug users and/prostitutes and the woman and man who were shot while they slept. It not unusual for a serial killer to have an "issue: with some aspect of the victim's culture. Drugs definitely are the one thing on common with all of these murders. I wonder if there was anyone that the local citizens suspected? Someone in authority with an urge to kill?
This makes me think of Boondock Saints.

I'm of the opinion that it actually shows significant oversight and accountability to hold the trailers as evidence even after LE has swept through them completely.

I really feel like their relationship was more than platonic. I think maybe she wanted to take the relationship to the next level before he died. Maybe she wanted to discuss living together, or even getting married. That's just my gut feeling with what she said, given the context in which she said it. I seriously doubt she would keep the daily vigil of posting to his In Memoriam site if they hadn't already bumped uglies.
Maybe she wanted to tell him she was in love with him but scared of rejection, imo their daughters look alot alike

(For reference: https://www.facebook.com/dana.l.rhoden/posts/974112065959297)

These are the Minford murders. A mother and daughter were shot in Minford, OH. One or both was known to be dealing oxycontin/oxycodone. The mother was shot execution style in the head when she was sleeping in her trailer. The daughter was shot dead when she was fleeing.
Hannah Hazel Gilley was friends/acquaintances with the daughter, Kristina Mykal Newsome. The mother's name is Candice Newsome. This murder is unsolved.

Edit: Minford is 27 minutes away from Piketon.

Follow the cars. She's connected to Dana via social media

Who are all the people in that first pic in the article? Is that pic even related to the rhodens?

I wonder this too. None of them look familiar to me.

You have not been able to see her friends list since day one of this, it's how she had her privacy settings, I have mine set like that too.
Not true. I remember going through her friends list and remember it didn't go private until the day before her funeral. Obviously, Dana didn't make the change. Who did?

I have to say that I have never been able to see her Friends List on the Dana Lynn Rhoden facebook page and I started looking there shortly after April 22 ....

I am sticking with my original theory on who the suspect is that I had in mind in the very beginning shortly after hearing the 911 calls. My number 1 suspect purposely placed himself at the crime scene. JMO

I have noticed something strange relative to Dana Lynn Rhoden's facebook page. I have two screengrabs of the same profile pic with 2 comments, 10 likes and 14 shares. On the one screengrab it has date and time stamp April 20 at 6.52pm and on the other it has 21 April at 00.52am. Analysing this "discrepancy" I note that the time difference is exactly 6 hours. How come ?? Well, my tablet is set for UK time ... the one screengrab was taken from the Facebook App direct and the other was via Google Chrome. Had me confused for a minute or three ... just goes to show how one can be quite adamant about seeing something on the the 20th and somebody else be damn sure that same thing was posted on the 21st !!

Throw holes in this theory, please:

Things we know:
-Gary was involved in more than just marijuana. We know that he was a user of heavier drugs, we know that he had family involved in drug trades transcending cannabis, and we know he associated with some sketchy people.
-He had moved back and forth between Greenup, KY; Portsmouth, OH; and Piketon, OH.
-Gary had recently left Greenup, KY and gone to OH. His stomping grounds were in Portsmouth, which is about 32 minutes away from Piketon. He was staying in Piketon with CRsr and his family.

Things we also know, but may or may not be related to this case:

-A double murder occurred in January of 2016 just outside of Minford, OH. (Minford is 24 minutes away from Portsmouth, OH.) The double murder left a mother and her high school daughter dead. The mother was shot execution style in their trailer while she was sleeping, and the daughter was shot when she was fleeing.
-One of the two (or both) was dealing oxycodone/oxycontin.

The Theory
-Gary's sketchy social circle led him to be privy to which persons committed the double homicide in Minford.
-Gary had loose lips and a drug or alcohol problem. He was letting slip around town who was responsible for the double homicide. The people he told included CRsr.
-CRsr told his family about the situation
-Someone told the perpetrators that Gary (and CRsr) were running their mouths
-The perpetrators, to keep the secret from getting out, killed Gary and his family. Much in the same way they killed the mother/daughter in Minford. Execution style, in their trailers, as they slept. With the exception of Gary and CRsr, who were also beaten(?) before being shot.

That's pretty good. I don't necessarily think that he told the whole family but if there was indeed a beating that occurred, wanting to know who all GR told about the crime could be the info they were after.

Since the murders took place over such a short time span, LE will probably never be 100% sure on the order of the murders. Did the killers know the family well enough to know that DR and CR1 were reconciling? If so did they go to her place first thinking he was there and not finding him there killed them so they couldn't talk?

The one thing that I can't get my head around is how were so many killed in their sleep? I'm a deep sleeper, but there's no way I'd sleep through multiple gunshots. Even if "suppressors" were used (there's no such thing as a "silencer" no matter what we see in tv). It would still be incredibly loud in such closed quarters as a trailer. Almost had to be 2-3 people. The Rhodens, by all accounts, were a family that could hold their own in a physical altercation. It would've taken a minimum of 2 bad men to overwhelm those 2 IMO.

That's why I don't think this was teenagers or family. This was done by at least 2-3 very bad hombres that have more than likely done it before. So was it CR1 or GR that was the main target? Somewhere in the middle of the Bermuda triangle that is Minford, Greenup, Pike county is the answer

Anyone know anything about DR's Facebook post on March 20th is about? She shared something about $1500 to the person that points out the killers...?

Edit: I see now that it's for the Newsome murders.
You know I had forgotten about this. Maybe someone (the murderer of the Newsome family) felt that DR was sticking her nose somewhere that it didn't need to be?

I have to say that I have never been able to see her Friends List on the Dana Lynn Rhoden facebook page and I started looking there shortly after April 22 ....

I agree. I was on all of their sites the day the murders happened and DR's friends list has always been private. I had to navigate through other family lists.

I think the Newsome murders are connected to the Rhoden murders in some way. JMO

I think the Newsome murders are connected to the Rhoden murders in some way. JMO

I didn't think so at first, but I absolutely do now. As someone above mentioned, HG and the Newsome girl were friends on Facebook so there is a connection between two people that were murdered in the same fashion.

There could be a whole bunch of reasons a 15 year old needs someone there to make sure she gets on the bus: special needs, chronically truant, missed the bus so often that BJM has to be there to keep her on schedule. Anything. Or it's just a way of saying she was home in the mornings for her kid. I say I have to get my kids off the bus at 2:30. I don't physically get them off the bus, but I'm at home when they get off. It's plausible she means she liked to be there when the kid got on.
I was just going to add the same thing. When I was 15-16 my BIL had to sit and wait for me to get on the actual bus due to me constantly skipping school. Anyway I am probably way late and JMO as always. [emoji5]

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

I hope it is eventually confirmed by LE whether or not DS story about money strewn about KR is true or not does come out. Because if it isn't true (which I'd think would be easy for LE to see/know whether there was money strewn about or not) then why would DS throw that info in there too? The same in regards to the trays (or however he worded it) in the garage of marijuana, and the gunshot wound, the leg hanging over (or however it was worded), etc. If none of that is true, which again, would be easy for LE to confirm all or none of these things, then hasn't he really more so put himself in the spot light by saying those things?

There might have been thousands there but only a few hundred strewn about when LE got there. There may have been many trays of pot in the garage but only one when LE got there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99