OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SIR: Does anyone know what BJM says at the very very beginning of the 911 call, right before the operator answers?

I 'think' she says "back in the bedroom". It seems also as if right after that I can hear a child in the background the first time she starts saying "40" (part of the address), then sounds like she/BJM says "let go" it sounds like. I could be wrong. It's difficult to understand and make it all out. So this is all JMO.

If you deposit over 3000.00 in one business day (24 hours) it sends up a red flag, if you deposit over 5000.00 in one business day they begin tracking you, if you deposit over 10000.00 it is reported to the IRS. That is in one business day (24 hours.) On the form submitted to the IRS you must list the source for the cash money (i.e. sale of property, gambling ect.)
But you can rent a large safe deposit box, or several, and put anything you want into it. Or, for that matter, a self-storage unit. They're all over the place and some even have electric. Put anything in it you want. Bodies are even found in them more often that people would like to think.

I think I read on her FB before it changed that she was induced. Her post birth pictures definitely look like she pushed. [emoji15]

Due dates are like meterologists-very often not right! Studies suggest babies are born on their EDD only 5 percent of the time. I don't think HR's baby is alive because she was earlier; I think the entire thing was planned around her birth.

I agree though it was planned to be once she delivered. 3 of mine were 4-6 weeks early and 1 was 4 weeks late so EDD definitely not very accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I 'think' she says "back in the bedroom". It seems also as if right after that I can hear a child in the background the first time she starts saying "40" (part of the address), then sounds like she/BJM says "let go" it sounds like. I could be wrong. It's difficult to understand and make it all out. So this is all JMO.

I slowed it down, sped it up, and heard "Bad things happen". I can't unhear it now, which is why I'm asking for a second opinion. Worse, to me it sounds like she is saying it in a nonchalant way. Later in the call, it sounds like she is saying good bye to someone when the operator is asking her for the names of the victims. Were there more people there that left before LE got there? That would be incriminating as hell if that was the case.

Possibly the sale of a car?

For instance, I sell a used car for 1,000.00 to Joe Blow. Joe Blow gives me that 1,000 in cash, but Joe and I have worked out that I will write that I sold that car to him for 15,000.00 cash. Could I then take the 15,000.00 in cash that I made illegally to the bank and deposit it and report it using the phony receipt from the car sale without sending up any red flags?

No. It would still be reported to the IRS. There are some shady characters who try to set up creative accounting. In my opinion they would need a CPA on board to pull it off. If they were audited then all bank statements would be examined and if the money reported on your return didn't match deposits in the bank you would find yourself with some explaining to do. Not something I would advise anyone to do, since even the smartest person indulging in tax fraud is caught eventually. And most times the banks are not your friend in an audit. Now if they had a legitimate business and were padding the receipts for small amounts they could maybe get by with it for a while but trust me the IRS would eventually catch up (especially if any tax credits were claimed on the return).

Or, if I have ten people and give them all 1000.00 a piece to deposit into a bank account, then withdraw it a few days later, would that send up any red flags?

No. You could do that yourself. Deposit a thousand a day or even two thousand a day. Up to three thousand which is where you should start getting antsy. Most banks would question if a bunch of people started coming in and depositing to one bank account, especially if their name is not on the account. I can't really tell about banking practices as that is not my forte, but I would think most small towns would be more tolerant since they probably know the depositor on a social basis.

Snipped by me for brevity...

I agree 100%. The lack of media coverage (aside from the few local news outlets) confuses me. But I guess it's hard to report the news when there isn't any news to report.

With that said, I've found the investigative procedures in this case to be completely and utterly strange... starting the minute that LE decided to uproot their homes and haul them down to a warehouse. I've never in my life heard of such a thing. No one else seemed to think it was odd though, so I figured it was just me.

This got strange for me from the get go. I've tossed around about 50 different theories and been on here reading and pondering almost non-stop since April 22nd, but I keep coming back to someone w/LE and/or military background who they have tried to pull one over on, or were going to be outed due to the Rhodens ratting, or the Rhodens were threatening to rat them out. I look around me, and I just don't see over a couple people, (and that's including our LE force) that I could really say, I think they could pull this off and walk away with nothing being found out for at least five weeks now. This has to be a person who is calm, cool, collected, knows how to get in, get out, and has zero problem shooting teenagers, teenagers sleeping w/infants at that. They either hated them, or felt nothing at all for them, except sorrow that their gravy train was over.

I always appreciate you're input being a local! You never talk down about the town or the victims! It's easy for outsiders such as myself to speculate on all scenarios. Personally, I feel that not only does this family, friends and town need closure, but the victims need to be able to rest peacefully! Everyone here obviously has a special interest in the case. I believe we all want to know why and how. I am not sure why this particular case has my attention, I NEVER watch news, it's too depressing! But this case has me held captive since 4/22! I feel for the victims, family and friends!

Thank you. I would never talk bad about the victims, as I didn't know any of them. Nor would I badmouth the area. Do I agree with the lifestyle they "allegedly" chose? Nope. It might surprise some that many LE have said "no one deserves this no matter what they were into" I agree. What has most locals po'd is the children being there during the murders. Have a good night everyone, work comes way too early!

I just wanted to add to my own thought here really quick if anyone can answer these. I have never outright sold a car, only traded them in, so I'm not sure how the receipts would work? Anyone have any idea how you handle these kinds of sales?
Also, could I sell them to a used car lot possibly in the same manner as above? I'm fixing up a car and giving it to them for cheap, but they're allowing me to invoice them for thousands of dollars for this sale...and they get all of the proceeds from the sale of the car. Is this possible?

You would be setting up false paper trail that would eventually get you audited and from your audit the car lot would be audited. Trust me the IRS goes to great lengths and does in-depth audits if they even catch a whiff of money laundering or tax fraud. A lot of people used to deposit in off shore bank accounts in the Caymens and such, but with stricter tax laws they are now being caught. There are some ways to launder money but it is not something I would put out in public or even privately. Like I said in my opinion they would need a CPA on board,and although there are some unethical ones out there most would outright refuse to even discuss it.

Possibly the sale of a car?

For instance, I sell a used car for 1,000.00 to Joe Blow. Joe Blow gives me that 1,000 in cash, but Joe and I have worked out that I will write that I sold that car to him for 15,000.00 cash. Could I then take the 15,000.00 in cash that I made illegally to the bank and deposit it and report it using the phony receipt from the car sale without sending up any red flags?

No. It would still be reported to the IRS. There are some shady characters who try to set up creative accounting. In my opinion they would need a CPA on board to pull it off. If they were audited then all bank statements would be examined and if the money reported on your return didn't match deposits in the bank you would find yourself with some explaining to do. Not something I would advise anyone to do, since even the smartest person indulging in tax fraud is caught eventually. And most times the banks are not your friend in an audit. Now if they had a legitimate business and were padding the receipts for small amounts they could maybe get by with it for a while but trust me the IRS would eventually catch up (especially if any tax credits were claimed on the return).

Or, if I have ten people and give them all 1000.00 a piece to deposit into a bank account, then withdraw it a few days later, would that send up any red flags?

No. You could do that yourself. Deposit a thousand a day or even two thousand a day. Up to three thousand which is where you should start getting antsy. Most banks would question if a bunch of people started coming in and depositing to one bank account, especially if their name is not on the account. I can't really tell about banking practices as that is not my forte, but I would think most small towns would be more tolerant since they probably know the depositor on a social basis.

Just wanted to chime in on this- I am a compliance examiner of financial institutions. Cash in excess of $10,000 deposited same day, same account(s) ownership, regardless of reasoning and explanation of funds, is required to be reported (name of report is Currency Transaction Report) to FinCEN. The financial institution is required per the Bank Secrecy Act to report transactions such as this.
When someone attempts to structure cash funds by depositing cash in small increments to avoid detection, financial institutions have sophisticated reporting that will alert staff. When activity is happening that is not normal for the customer, the Bank Secrecy Act requires diligent investigation and mandatory reporting (called Suspicious Activity Report).
Basically, it is quite difficult to get away with structuring/money laundering, as it is reported via sophisticated transaction data collection and/or diligent financial institution staff. Failure to comply results in HUGE fines, bank shut downs and reputation risk.

I agree with you, something...... a feeling and all the posts and opinions just points this way for me to.

I think that HR, HG, CR2, would have know them by association though. Whoever did this, imo, had it timed for that particular night, and was prepared for any unexpected things, like GR/CR1 not being asleep, the toddler being there, HR's due date arriving early (she was not due until the 29th). I think the newborn is only alive b/c she gave birth early. He'd have killed her either way. Unless, she'd been in the hospital giving birth that night, then the assailant(s) would possibly have changed their plans, regrouped, and not have struck that night. Too many family would have most likely been back and forth to the hospital. I'm not so sure it is about anything that we think it is either. It may come down to something as basic as hate. Someone w/in the family, or extended family, may have just plain hated them for something they had done. Possibly it was CR1 and KR, the two brothers, who had done it, so they had to die and so did everyone else who knew what they'd done to this person, yet they'd given them a pass. It may even be something that to you or I would seem trivial but to this person was the ultimate insult. I don't think they think like the average person. I keep coming back to sociopath.
So sorry, I earlier agreed with this but forgot to include the quote. It's just floating around out there now. Again sorry I'm new!

But you can rent a large safe deposit box, or several, and put anything you want into it. Or, for that matter, a self-storage unit. They're all over the place and some even have electric. Put anything in it you want. Bodies are even found in them more often that people would like to think.

True, you could do that, or bury it in a coffee can in the back yard. The point is, if you are spending more than you are earning or reporting on your return, trust me, the IRS will find it. And they will come down on you like a ton of bricks. Not many people would be able to keep up with the accounting side of that, especially involving cash. It is impossible to spend money without receiving value in return. For instance you pay cash for a car. You acquired a car, an asset. You have to change over the title. Enough of that and people begin to notice a yard full of cars and the state begins to notice all those titles. Same with property which is recorded on a deed. In this day and age almost every dollar spent is accompanied or recorded by a piece of paper, hence the term paper trail, which is an actual trail that can be followed by the right people as surely as your coonhounds follow the trail of a racoon.
Even donations to churches are now recorded and a paper sent at the end of the tax year. There are a few exceptions like yard sales but you could not spend a substantial sum there.
This is why I keep coming back to the financials on the Rhodens. Doing a little tracking of my own you might say.

Snipped by me for brevity...

I agree 100%. The lack of media coverage (aside from the few local news outlets) confuses me. But I guess it's hard to report the news when there isn't any news to report.

With that said, I've found the investigative procedures in this case to be completely and utterly strange... starting the minute that LE decided to uproot their homes and haul them down to a warehouse. I've never in my life heard of such a thing. No one else seemed to think it was odd though, so I figured it was just me.

I promise you you were not alone! THese were 4 small areas with 475 LE all over the place - and this dude is afraid he might have "missed" something. Ony a congressman can think that way!!

It would, however make a great sit-com, everyweek they move another crime scene to somwhere!! Maybe we could call our show :

"On The Move"

"Stash and Dash"

God forbid, someone wealthy got murdered and they had to shelp a mansion somewhere!!

I think that HR, HG, CR2, would have know them by association though. Whoever did this, imo, had it timed for that particular night, and was prepared for any unexpected things, like GR/CR1 not being asleep, the toddler being there, HR's due date arriving early (she was not due until the 29th). I think the newborn is only alive b/c she gave birth early. He'd have killed her either way. Unless, she'd been in the hospital giving birth that night, then the assailant(s) would possibly have changed their plans, regrouped, and not have struck that night. Too many family would have most likely been back and forth to the hospital. I'm not so sure it is about anything that we think it is either. It may come down to something as basic as hate. Someone w/in the family, or extended family, may have just plain hated them for something they had done. Possibly it was CR1 and KR, the two brothers, who had done it, so they had to die and so did everyone else who knew what they'd done to this person, yet they'd given them a pass. It may even be something that to you or I would seem trivial but to this person was the ultimate insult. I don't think they think like the average person. I keep coming back to sociopath.
So sorry, I earlier agreed with this but forgot to include the quote. It's just floating around out there now. Again sorry I'm new!

Just wanted to chime in on this- I am a compliance examiner of financial institutions. Cash in excess of $10,000 deposited same day, same account(s) ownership, regardless of reasoning and explanation of funds, is required to be reported (name of report is Currency Transaction Report) to FinCEN. The financial institution is required per the Bank Secrecy Act to report transactions such as this.
When someone attempts to structure cash funds by depositing cash in small increments to avoid detection, financial institutions have sophisticated reporting that will alert staff. When activity is happening that is not normal for the customer, the Bank Secrecy Act requires diligent investigation and mandatory reporting (called Suspicious Activity Report).
Basically, it is quite difficult to get away with structuring/money laundering, as it is reported via sophisticated transaction data collection and/or diligent financial institution staff. Failure to comply results in HUGE fines, bank shut downs and reputation risk.

Thank you! I really appreciate your explanation. I know basic banking, and that is it! I did some reading about money laundering and the various ways it might be possible, but that stuff is extremely hard to wrap your head around if you're starting from scratch!

I would imagine once upon a time it might have been a little easier, but with computers and stricter guidelines to be followed, it seemed like it would be darn near impossible without someone raising an eyebrow at you. I would imagine the plethora of shady bankers/accountants that could be involved in this would be HUGE...yet still risky. It sounds next to impossible to get away with.

Out of curiosity, if this is even in your realm of expertise..Chris Senior purchased land with 30,000.00 down and financed another 30,000.00 through the bank. From what I understand, he basically did odd jobs at a place called Big Bear Lake State Resort park, sold repurposed cars and did the occasional excavation type work. Aside from having a legit W-2 from Big Bear, how could he go about providing proof of income for a 30,000 loan? He did own some land on his own, however the rest of it was shared between brothers and sisters as family land.

If he used 30,000.00 of his own money, surely this was reported income, right? If it wasn't, could this purchase somehow be flagged as suspicious?

I apologize if I am not making sense! I swear I'm trying! :)

All of Ohio already knows who killed the Rhodens. This I've gleened from the web. Seems fairly accurate and fact based.

i don't quite understand why it couldn't be mentioned .

as if things couldn't have been any worse - my heart goes out to this family........very sad.

Thank you for the clarification. As I said I am not clear on banking practices as that is not my forte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413