OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought: using a padlock on the outside of the camper doesn't mean there wasn't also a lock inside. Or am I missing something?

I would really like to know "what" started the planning of these murders? And how long ago the planning began. Who could hate 8 people enough to kill them? What could they possibly know or have done? Hey, I've been mad at a person before, but not enough to kill them. The murders wanted something stopped.
Ok, property is going to be tangled up in probate after or if they ever solve this.
Children will be with CPS until things are solved to, and it's going on a year.
No product grown this year, so no profit from that.
What was the gain? Except silence?
Wasn't there a heart shaped pond on one of the properties?

And welcome all new posters!
Silence is all i can think of too, but what about the remaining family that KR was close to ? wouldnt they think he tells them his issues too ? jmo .. as for the pond, only one i recall seeing is one near left fork on a surviving Rhoden property. but again no news on anything recovered, also it's not visable from the road so it would be a long stretch for the killer(s) to surpass more Rhoden property (without killing them i might add) to hurry and dump some evidence. jmo again.

Just a thought: using a padlock on the outside of the camper doesn't mean there wasn't also a lock inside. Or am I missing something?
I see where youre coming from, but if the lock on the door is broken, it would mean it wouldnt work from either direction, hence he added a padlock to the outside as his only form of securing the residence while away.

Kenny could have installed one of those sliding locks on the inside, but if he wasn't concerned about prowlers showing up when he was home, he may not have thought it was necessary.

Silence is all i can think of too, but what about the remaining family that KR was close to ? wouldnt they think he tells them his issues too ? jmo .. as for the pond, only one i recall seeing is one near left fork on a surviving Rhoden property. but again no news on anything recovered, also it's not visable from the road so it would be a long stretch for the killer(s) to surpass more Rhoden property (without killing them i might add) to hurry and dump some evidence. jmo again.

What do we all think. Was it professional? Or are we thinking average family member(s) local persons avenue?

In one of my theories, KR was shot first. So that they could use the back of his property with little or no detention. Using ATV's (remember it was turkey hunting season) and the full moon. They followed trails in behind peoples properties or creek beds to get to other locations. Around my neck of the woods, they have trails anywhere they can get those things, and some places you gotta crazy or heavier than I am to get to.

1of, if this is a question that is against TOS that you can answer, I apologize, and please disregard. Do you know who was the last person(s) to see CR1 & GR, alive? We pretty much know who saw the other family members that night, and some kind of time frame.

In one of my theories, KR was shot first. So that they could use the back of his property with little or no detention. Using ATV's (remember it was turkey hunting season) and the full moon. They followed trails in behind peoples properties or creek beds to get to other locations. Around my neck of the woods, they have trails anywhere they can get those things, and some places you gotta crazy or heavier than I am to get to.
I'm not sure i follow what youre saying there..? while yes, country land there are trails Everywhere, google maps would show you that his property is near other houses, and also that there were plenty of back roads between left fork and union that would be much easier and just as "sneaky" (for lack of better words) also less suspicious if a car drives up a road where as 4 wheelers going up and down the hills in their area may call attention (being louder, slower, and on more private property) there are a lot of hills between the locations, with a lot of private property, and it would take hours its self to get from .A to .B and so forth..

1of, if this is a question that is against TOS that you can answer, I apologize, and please disregard. Do you know who was the last person(s) to see CR1 & GR, alive? We pretty much know who saw the other family members that night, and some kind of time frame.

Pretty sure without a link this would be against

I see where youre coming from, but if the lock on the door is broken, it would mean it wouldnt work from either direction, hence he added a padlock to the outside as his only form of securing the residence while away.

I hadn't heard the reason for the padlock was the original lock being broken. That changes things. Guess I assumed it was added security. Tks.

I'm not saying that it can't be, but I'm leaning toward DR and the kids being first. I am still leaning toward her letting them in, or they had a key, too. LE says no forced entry. We don't know, that there was no one else found out of their bed at DR's house. No family member went into DR's house.

My thoughts just keep returning to no one hearing or reacting to this tragedy as it occurred. I live in a rural area in another part of the USA. Gunshots are a common occurrence out here, mostly rifles during deer hunting season. Pistols are popular all the time. I go to the back of my property and target practice. Sound travels a good distance in the still of the night. I am a night owl and sit on my porch sometimes into the wee hours of the morning. I can hear a lot of sounds out there. What I hear a lot of is barking dogs. I can hear those near and far. As many dogs as the Rhodens had, I can't help but believe that at least some of them barked like hell. Also, I think those dogs would react to the scent of carnage that was occurring. It must be very frustrating to LE when common sense lets them know that someone knows something and will not tell it.

My thoughts just keep returning to no one hearing or reacting to this tragedy as it occurred. I live in a rural area in another part of the USA. Gunshots are a common occurrence out here, mostly rifles during deer hunting season. Pistols are popular all the time. I go to the back of my property and target practice. Sound travels a good distance in the still of the night. I am a night owl and sit on my porch sometimes into the wee hours of the morning. I can hear a lot of sounds out there. What I hear a lot of is barking dogs. I can hear those near and far. As many dogs as the Rhodens had, I can't help but believe that at least some of them barked like hell. Also, I think those dogs would react to the scent of carnage that was occurring. It must be very frustrating to LE when common sense lets them know that someone knows something and will not tell it.

Agreed

Not to sound rude or undermine your post, but; when you hear the dogs barking at afar, do you go investigate as to why all the commotion, or write it off as normal? and when you target practice at the back of your property, do the neighbors come asking about the gunshots? I know it may be different if they heard them at such strange hours, but with only a few houses nearby its easily slept through. personally i could sleep through a hurricane. jmo though. but i thought there were postings of neighbors claiming to hear gunshots ? does make you wonder about the two rhoden properties that were close together, like was there a shooter in each house (CRs and FRs) to make sure no one had time to come check on the other.

Not to sound rude or undermine your post, but; when you hear the dogs barking at afar, do you go investigate as to why all the commotion, or write it off as normal? and when you target practice at the back of your property, do the neighbors come asking about the gunshots? I know it may be different if they heard them at such strange hours, but with only a few houses nearby its easily slept through. personally i could sleep through a hurricane. jmo though. but i thought there were postings of neighbors claiming to hear gunshots ? does make you wonder about the two rhoden properties that were close together, like was there a shooter in each house (CRs and FRs) to make sure no one had time to come check on the other.

And it would help to know what time this all started. I live in a rural area and hear gunshots even when it isn't hunting season. Dogs barking, (one of them's mine!)

I know of a story about someone that would shoot a 380 handgun (small caliber basically a mini 9mm) into a phone book in a garage. It was in an area where gunfire was not normal and not even allowed. I'm pretty sure no one ever even said anything even to him. This was middle of the day normal doors nothing special. Several houses inside 30 yards I would say. But I still think someone heard something during all these murders.

I'm having difficulty with the quick reply box. I hope my post goes through this time.

No offense taken with your reply. Gunshots are so common here that it is almost background noise. I don't guess I notice them enough to react unless a gun is being shot in rapid succession. I will ask other people here if they heard them too. I have called the county sheriff twice because of barking and snarling dogs. We suspected that some people that lived across 2 large fields and a creek from us were fighting dogs on their property. That is a horrible sound. The Rhodens' dogs are just a puzzle to me. I'm pretty sure danger is not in my golden retriever's mindset and the Chihuahua barks at everything even when the grass grows outside. I also think there was a killer in place at more than one house. It seems they almost had to be for the men to not have been able to come to each other's aid.

Thank you again for posting with us here on WS.

I know of a story about someone that would shoot a 380 handgun (small caliber basically a mini 9mm) into a phone book in a garage. It was in an area where gunfire was not normal and not even allowed. I'm pretty sure no one ever even said anything even to him. This was middle of the day normal doors nothing special. Several houses inside 30 yards I would say. But I still think someone heard something during all these murders.

They may not have even recognized what it was even if they heard something. The sound waves would be mostly contained by, and reverberate off of, the trailer walls, and what ones did escape, would be decreased by trees, mountainous areas, the walls of the other trailers, outbuildings between the other homes, until it would be fairly muted by the time it reached a sleeping human.

My theory has always been that of a money laundering/racketeering scheme gone wrong. I think the men in the family got mixed up in it and were indirectly, yet deeply, involved (they probably didn't know the half of it). Then, one of two things happened. Someone in the family figured out how deeply they were involved in the enterprise and wanted out or someone at the top had some other reason to fear one of them were about expose them. I think the women were killed because they just happened to be there or because they had information that would send the cops in their direction. I don't believe a drug cartel is responsible. They would have killed anything breathing--including young children and babies. But I do think these were hired hits. Someone close to the family may know more than they are letting on and/or helped them in some way, but I don't believe a family member killed them. The reason for this theory is because the family had their hands in many business ventures that are known for hiding money. Drugs, the selling and trading of used cars and parts, excavation, raising roosters in separate pens (which typically indicates they are being raised for cockfighting purposes), etc. This isn't just drugs. It's much more than that. IMO anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello tlcya,

1othefew posted a beautiful peotry for the victims. Could you tell me please why it was removed.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member