OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Images taken by the media show BCI evidence vans and multiple sheriff squad cars outside a red farmhouse and several outbuildings at 260 Peterson Road. The home and various outbuildings, as well as 71 acres, are owned by Edward J. Wagner and George W. Wagner IV, according to the Adams County Auditor's website.
But one official said Friday he thought the Wagners, who could not be reached Friday afternoon, may have recently sold the property. A real estate website indicates the property sold on March 10, 2017 for $165,000.

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/local/o...massacre-2nd-search-made-at-car-lot/439369501

Have pictures of the property been viewed. Doesit look like the yard has been kept up?

We were talking about the sheriff staying this was well planned and executed. Would folks who have, say, been in a branch of the military, been able to pull this off? I'm still kinda leaning toward a male and female too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Half of me thinks that it was very well planned by "professionals" and that is why it's been over a year and still no indictment. The other half of me thinks it's a close "friend" of family or family member that just happened to get lucky in regards to not being caught yet. Either or, it is absolutely amazing to me how this case has not yet been solved. I would think that HMR's oldest daughters father would have been on the list of one of the first individuals questioned, seeing as though there is a probable motive. Then again, if he did possibly commit these murders, why the overkill? Why execute 7 other members of this family? I honestly cannot think of a believable reason as to why all these people were murdered. It makes me think that it is something way bigger than drugs, bad blood or cars/trucks. It has to be some deep dark secret that every single one of these family members were aware of. Something so deep and dark that would cause someone to commit such horrendous acts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know, I'm thinking if prison guard unit is out there, maybe inmate informed? I also think it may have been someone with "hunting" experience and not military. My ex hunted and would spend an entire couple of weeks "getting ready" for the hunt. Even made lists of what was needed, checking it off as he went. He planned everything and scouted out the area it would hunt in. I hope the Wagner family are all alright, but with them kinda walking a grid line and poking the ground with poles, it reminds me of when there checking for a grave. JMO but it wouldn't be the first time someone got rid of their parents for financial gain. Again, just some of my thoughts.

I'm not so sure about looking for bodies as they would likely have dogs involved and I haven't seen that in the reports. Poking the ground could be looking for buried evidence. Seems like a long shot unless they got a very specific tip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crews from the Pike County Sheriff's Department, the Adams County Sheriff's Department, the Ohio Criminal Bureau of Investigation and the Ohio Rehabilitation and Corrections Department were involved in a search operation, said Dan Tierney, a spokesman for the Ohio Attorney General's office. He declined to say if authorities were removing items or were digging.

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/local/o...massacre-2nd-search-made-at-car-lot/439369501

The rehabilitation and corrections, makes me wonder if a person in jail has made a plea deal.
I wonder if their there looking for clothes, weapons, shoes/boots, anything that would link them to the crime scene evidence.

Curious! Is there a scanner thread on this case? :phone:

That's true, Gary Rhoden's dad mentioned the different types of shells at his crime scene. But that just makes me wonder why LE took a year to search the Wagner place if they could match cartridges for ballistics. We've talked about this before, there had to be more crime scene clean up than just picking up cartridges (which they didn't do effectively). It was hinted that they removed security cameras, but recently Leonard Manley stated that one camera was overlooked.

In one of Leonard's recent video interviews, he stated police saw 2 people on one of the cameras that were missed by the perps. So it seems there was at least some evidence left behind. Seems like it would have been enough to get a search warrant for the Wagner property a long time ago. JMO.
I was beginning to lose faith in them, I'll admit, but maybe they just had to have a few more pieces to make it airtight, and that's what we're seeing now. Also, I find it interesting that the searches coincide with the timing surrounding the possible release of the autopsies.

The corrections staff could be involved for other reasons than an inmate giving info. I could see them getting involved if they suspect a guard is connected to the murders.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The corrections staff could be involved for other reasons than an inmate giving info. I could see them getting involved if they suspect a guard is connected to the murders.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Do they employ private security staff? Like contractors or outsourced Security

Not sure we can assume that. The drug search at the Rhoden family properties was done by Ohio BCI. Didn't see anyone in the Tyvek suits, though. Not to say they weren't there, just didn't see any on video.

This case. :rollercoaster:
I noticed, that in one vid, or photo, (still om taptalk so cant link right now), from yesterday, that they had a dude digging, in what looked to be a small garden, iirc, it was near the house. This set mu radar off more-so than anything about the sesrch. That seemed very specific.

Curious! Is there a scanner thread on this case? :phone:

Unfortunately, I've not been able to find a scanner channel for this area. It's like a black hole down in those counties.

Many times various corrections agencies are involved in task forces as part of the teams. Its not unusual. Ive been on a search with multiple different agencies on my team. It could mean something, or nothing at all. They are manpower and great searchers and are a huge help to a large search.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Could this search be unrelated to the Rhoden murders? JMO

Is there a copy of the search warrant? What does it say they are looking for? JMO

Half of me thinks that it was very well planned by "professionals" and that is why it's been over a year and still no indictment. The other half of me thinks it's a close "friend" of family or family member that just happened to get lucky in regards to not being caught yet. Either or, it is absolutely amazing to me how this case has not yet been solved. I would think that HMR's oldest daughters father would have been on the list of one of the first individuals questioned, seeing as though there is a probable motive. Then again, if he did possibly commit these murders, why the overkill? Why execute 7 other members of this family? I honestly cannot think of a believable reason as to why all these people were murdered. It makes me think that it is something way bigger than drugs, bad blood or cars/trucks. It has to be some deep dark secret that every single one of these family members were aware of. Something so deep and dark that would cause someone to commit such horrendous acts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, since I think this is custody related, and I think it was provoked by JWs mother... Even if he got custody, the child would still be exposed to people in the R family...and I think she did not want the child in that environment. The only way to do that is to eliminate those closest to that child.

My parents had a violent relationship and did not divorce until I was in my 20s. When I asked my mother why she didn't divorce when I was a child, it was because she didn't want my dad to bring me to his family.

I would say it is almost definitely connected to the Rhodan murders.
At about 11am today there was probably 20-30 law enforcement vehicles coming in to Pike County from the north with sirens on. Some were trucks with covered trailers attached. I cant help but get my hopes up.

First time poster but long time reader.

The site has hundreds of people at the property today. Several entrances are blocked off. A large convoy of cars came down from up north earlier today.

I heard today that this particular residence has been under surveillance for months. Not sure if it is true but rumor is the surveillance was paid by the FBI.

Anothe rumor is the person that is associated with this property moved to Alaska a while back.

Kch...
Did you see the convoy? If so what is your opinion? To me it seemed the wanted Pike County to know they were here. Traffic was stopped, and sirens and lights were on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindzk86