OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what kind of mother would let her child move thousands of miles away to live with that family? It is not like weekend visitation is possible.

We don't know that she "let" them though. I think that they may have been married so some sort of visitation and boundaries may have been set. I think her other child became ill from an odd thing that went down, right before they started their move. The child is pretty young, and it was odd enough that cps stepped in and the child went to relatives while things were worked out. She may have not known they were moving. She has a photo of her, w/her son, at the her visit at Easter. Her sm acct was pretty open to the world. What kind of father would sweep his child thousands of miles away from his mother?

Or even if one grabbed her as the others entered to carry out the shooting. Makes sense that they may want her out of the way until she forgets it.

And an intelligent 3-year-old child would be able to tell LE that she saw Gam Gam and Dada go bang bang bang.

"What kind of father would sweep his child thousands of miles away from his mother?"

A monster, IMO.

That's what I'm thinking. LM said there was a big conflict "up there" on Saturday and then LM looked in the direction of Dana's and CR Senior's trailers. "Up there" was either Dana's or Chris Sr.'s trailer. Does anyone know how the shared custody worked with S? Was Saturday the parents' trade off day?

I've thought all along that LM was referring to when the sheriff came to their house in the middle of the night (after the murders) to further question BJM and possibly JM. I wasn't aware there was a "clan" fight before the murders. Very, very interesting!

could this "big conflict" be with the wagners? and the deputy took the wagner's side? JMO

No, it was with some boys in town and about derby cars I think. They were met by the Rhodens with ball bats and such....

"What kind of father would sweep his child thousands of miles away from his mother?"

A monster, IMO.

Mothers do it all the time. Just ask me. I went to court and won full custody. Mom didn't move back to the area to have regular visitation, she stayed where she went.

Maybe this is generational because I think if you looked at my Facebook to guess who my closest friends were you would be pretty inaccurate. I can think of a few friends who like every single photo I ever post but probably also like every single photo anyone posts and who I probably haven't actually spoken to since the summer after high school graduation. I will also admit that I probably had hung out with one of my actual best friends about a dozen times between when she sent me a friend request and when I got around to accepting it. No, she wasn't offended I don't think she was even thinking about it we were both a bit busy living life offline.

Honestly, I mainly have Facebook at this point to maintain contact with my older relatives (who I am guessing are in your generation based on things you have posted about you, your kids, and grandkids) who don't live close to us. I post pictures so they can see our kids grow up. To be fair this group does quite religiously like and comment on my kid pictures (and some of me that my husband takes with them) but I guess it seems much more genuine to me because they watched me grow up and they do see the kids in person when my husband and I manage to coordinate two physician call schedules well enough to take vacation or entertain out of state guests.

True. My main reason for keeping a FB page is to share photos, and interesting/humorous stuff, with my closer friends and family. I do have a few that "like" stuff. who aren't really close but I don't "collect" FB friends, and have privacy settings that shows most stuff only to family/close friends for the most part. I don't have many compared to most folks I know, and I keep it pretty tight. I like to share with family/friends who I don't see often, and I enjoy seeing their posts as well. While I'm not ancient, I am a grandparent, and animal lover so that's the main content on mine. lol

It just seems to me that HHG and HMR had the closer friendship. HHG had a six month old, HMR was pregnant during part of the time that HHG was, HHG didn't drive, HMR did, and probably drove her if she needed to go somewhere, or visited as they were just down the road. HMR was dating HHG's brother at one point, and HHG was living w/ HMR's brother. KR2 seemed to be a tad more active on "clicks" on HHG's timeline, so I was just kind of basing it off of scrolling through the three profiles. We only have KR2's word as to how close the two were.

I've listened to, and read her interviews, and again, we don't know b/c HMR isn't here, but driving around, and going fishing, four days after a c-section, and leaving a breast-fed, four day old baby to do so, just sounds a little "off" to me. Again, there's lots of things within this whole picture that seem odd, or "off", so I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Did someone say ice cream? Right up my alley. Now if I can only convince my marital unit (hubs) that it's worth the 8 hour drive (round trip). Reckon what kind of ice cream it is? Any toppings included? All you can eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its Jeni's ice cream I'm definitely going.

https://jenis.com/

That's what I'm thinking. LM said there was a big conflict "up there" on Saturday and then LM looked in the direction of Dana's and CR Senior's trailers. "Up there" was either Dana's or Chris Sr.'s trailer. Does anyone know how the shared custody worked with S? Was Saturday the parents' trade off day?

About 8-10 days, prior to the murders , a group of teens were joyriding and was stopped by, word has it, armed Rhoden family members who seemed to be patrolling the road. Folks around the area seemed to say it was Rhoden family members too. They were armed with baseball bats, firearms, etc.. and one, or more, of the occupants of the car said they tried to drag him out of the car.

In the moment, of the interview, LM was in mourning, angry, etc... I can see that he may have made a mistake with the date, but maybe there was another incident between this one and the murders. I'd have to filter through to find a link. It was mentioned in a couple of articles in the very beginning and I think they took a couple of the teens in to be questioned.

When people aren't arrested for previous heinous crimes, they can develop the mindset that they are above the law or smarter than the law.

Imo, someone had their @ss whooped in the fight and was steaming mad. His pride was severely injured. He couldn't wait any longer to kill Chris Sr. and his entire family as he had promised.

LM isn't a physical threat to anyone. He appears to be pretty short of breath (likely COPD) in the videos. He didn't need to be killed because he isn't a big threat. KR was a real threat and would have wanted quick justice.

They've had no retribution from the surviving Rs and they were the rougher of the two groups from all indication. I don't think they could have pulled this off, with the planning, in just a couple of weeks. Whoever did this, I believe it had been in the planning for more than a couple of weeks, and all of the chips had to be in order (all Rhodens at their homes, tucked in for the night), and someone had to let them know that they were all home and in place.

I understood that statement as Dana was a kind soul who would give anyone the shirt off her back. As a reference to her kindness, LM gave Lawshe Nursing Home where Dana worked serving elderly patients.

Yes, that, and I think he felt she may have confided in some of her workmate friends there, so he was telling them to talk to them. It has been said that she left work that night, crying, saying something about a mistake (Hearsay throughout the past year.).

I will be really surprised if BM is found to be involved. Her dad said she had the mind of a child.

She could have been used for information w/o her knowledge though. She's held down a job, helped raise DR's children, has two children she's raised herself, helped the Rhoden family whenever they ask, and lives on her own, so she's not mentally handicapped. I think she may be what we call, a bit "backward" , and possibly taken advantage of easily. She rolled right up in that trailer and pulled those kids out of that blood, wrapped them up and took them out, whether she had anything to do with it or not, she got those kids out of there and went to get FR, when she found CR1 and GR, or vice versa.

She could have been used for information w/o her knowledge though. She's held down a job, helped raise DR's children, has two children she's raised herself, helped the Rhoden family whenever they ask, and lives on her own, so she's not mentally handicapped. I think she may be what we call, a bit "backward" , and possibly taken advantage of easily. She rolled right up in that trailer and pulled those kids out of that blood, wrapped them up and took them out, whether she had anything to do with it or not, she got those kids out of there and went to get FR, when she found CR1 and GR, or vice versa.
She may be developmentally disabled and have the emotional maturity of a much younger person (like a 12-year-old) and not an adult. This can happen when unborn children are exposed to alcohol, drugs, or syphilis. (No, I don't know that she was exposed to those. I only know her dad said she had the mind of a child.)

She may be developmentally disabled and have the emotional maturity of a much younger person (like a 12-year-old) and not an adult. This can happen when unborn children are exposed to alcohol, drugs, or syphilis. (No, I don't know that she was exposed to those. I only know her dad said she had the mind of a child.)

Some minimal brain injuries from forceps births will have that effect too. Not even developmentally delayed just a little slow in some things, but not in all abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member