OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to go, but it is too far for me unless I hop a plane there and back. Sigh.

Hey, there are some great prices on flights right now! J/S. To be honest, I'm far too selfish (and poor) to pay air fare and car rental to be there. My horses need grain and our grandies need some summer fun (which unfortunately usually costs $$$).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She may be developmentally disabled and have the emotional maturity of a much younger person (like a 12-year-old) and not an adult. This can happen when unborn children are exposed to alcohol, drugs, or syphilis. (No, I don't know that she was exposed to those. I only know her dad said she had the mind of a child.)

I think she functions at a much higher level than a 12 year old. Her 911 call sounded like an adult, trying to keep it together, and her interviews read like an adult. She's probably not a member of Mensa (but neither am I :rolleyes: ). I've heard folks use that term for adult children who are backward, and easily taken advantage of (naive), but would not be considered mentally handicapped.

I think she functions at a much higher level than a 12 year old. Her 911 call sounded like an adult, trying to keep it together, and her interviews read like an adult. She's probably not a member of Mensa (but neither am I :rolleyes: ). I've heard folks use that term for adult children who are backward, and easily taken advantage of (naive), but would not be considered mentally handicapped.

I agree with your analysis.

BBM

Maybe by texting DR to make sure she was home?

I agree i think there is more, but I think custody was the trigger. One words were said, threats made, then it escalated into something more.

It could have been but it seems everything that has been talked about, (custody, the standing in the road w/weapons, the going to the other derby driver's house and knocking his dad's tooth out, CR2 getting slapped, the court date just the day before, CR2 bumping the guy's car & threats made), had all happened within the last couple weeks or so before the murders occurred.

I may be wrong, and I'm a pretty detailed person when I do something, but I know it would take me longer than a a couple, three weeks to plan this out (not that I would), alone, but to plan it out w/two or more people who you trust, would be trickier. The murders they were ready to do, and could do, it's the planning of getting them all in place, and not getting caught.

I keep going back to Reader in the beginning. I don't think it was a hit man, b/c, nine times out of ten when someone in one of these little places tries to hire a hit man, it's someone who will go to a cop, or is an undercover cop.

This was very methodical. This was well planned. This was not something that just happened," said Reader

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-ohio-ag-pre-planned-execution-20160424-snap-story.html

Thanks to Granny and OP for deciphering the interception of LM's blob about "conflict last saturday".

This video document from the very first hours is very interesting.

From the very beginning, LM doesn't have a high esteem of the police force and questions the seizing of JM's truck.

His body language, not looking at the camera attracted my attention. At that very moment, he is not comfortable with his own statement.

IMO, him or his other children are involved a little more than it appears in the "conflict last saturday". Does it have anything to do with the murders? idk.

They've had no retribution from the surviving Rs and they were the rougher of the two groups from all indication. I don't think they could have pulled this off, with the planning, in just a couple of weeks. Whoever did this, I believe it had been in the planning for more than a couple of weeks, and all of the chips had to be in order (all Rhodens at their homes, tucked in for the night), and someone had to let them know that they were all home and in place.

That Alaska move has been in the works for a while also according to some people. Could the move have been planned for right after the murders but got delayed by a year because the murders of 8 people put a kink in their business and income was down? After all if LE is looking hard at you for the murders you can't be trafficking. An unexpected downturn so to speak.

And parents always think their kids are immature. They have a hard time seeing them as an adult.

It could have been but it seems everything that has been talked about, (custody, the standing in the road w/weapons, the going to the other derby driver's house and knocking his dad's tooth out, CR2 getting slapped, the court date just the day before, CR2 bumping the guy's car & threats made), had all happened within the last couple weeks or so before the murders occurred.

I may be wrong, and I'm a pretty detailed person when I do something, but I know it would take me longer than a a couple, three weeks to plan this out (not that I would), alone, but to plan it out w/two or more people who you trust, would be trickier. The murders they were ready to do, and could do, it's the planning of getting them all in place, and not getting caught.

I keep going back to Reader in the beginning. I don't think it was a hit man, b/c, nine times out of ten when someone in one of these little places tries to hire a hit man, it's someone who will go to a cop, or is an undercover cop.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-ohio-ag-pre-planned-execution-20160424-snap-story.html
[/FONT][/COLOR]

I think it had been simmering since HR got pregnant. The planned move to Alaska for the beautiful new life which JW obviously hoped HR would be making with him. Then bam, she's pregnant and sending another man the ultrasound. Then she refuses his offer to raise the new baby, then refuses to sign away her rights to SW. I can see it all building up over that nine months. Throw in the new boyfriend, the fight with CR1 and with DR at the hospital (the hammertoe incident) and you have a recipe for murder.

Think OJ and the dance recital. OJ had always considered the Browns as inferior to him because he had money and they didn't, then they snubbed him that night. After all he had done for them.

Thanks to Granny and OP for deciphering the interception of LM's blob about "conflict last saturday".

This video document from the very first hours is very interesting.

From the very beginning, LM doesn't have a high esteem of the police force and questions the seizing of JM's truck.

His body language, not looking at the camera attracted my attention. At that very moment, he is not comfortable with his own statement.

IMO, him or his other children are involved a little more than it appears in the "conflict last saturday". Does it have anything to do with the murders? idk.

This is what's been said by someone who was there the night this happened:

5 car loads of people went to UHR to jump CRjr& FR over the McDonalds incident.

Family & friends of CRjr & FR went to UHR to make it a fair fight.

Some of the people involved were detained and questioned by police immediately after the murders.

I think it had been simmering since HR got pregnant. The planned move to Alaska for the beautiful new life which JW obviously hoped HR would be making with him. Then bam, she's pregnant and sending another man the ultrasound. Then she refuses his offer to raise the new baby, then refuses to sign away her rights to SW. I can see it all building up over that nine months. Throw in the new boyfriend, the fight with CR1 and with DR at the hospital (the hammertoe incident) and you have a recipe for murder.

Think OJ and the dance recital. OJ had always considered the Browns as inferior to him because he had money and they didn't, then they snubbed him that night. After all he had done for them.

I think the move was more of an AW and GW3 thing. I remember JW saying in that interview that he hoped she'd come home, there, (I took it to Peterson Rd., ) with the new baby. He even talked about wanting S to know her 1/2 sister. If there was anything that may have gotten under his skin, I think it was the photo of HMR, CH, and little S, on HMR's FB page. (I'm almost thinking that was a CH idea to put that up and have himself tagged). I didn't get a good vibe off of him. We also don't know why HMR & JW broke up. If this turns out to be the Ws, I don't think that JW was a major player, if any player. I'm leaning w/his Granny. What if that call/text was him figuring out what was about to happen and trying to get a warning to them? We don't know that he'd not called the Rhoden phones and gotten nothing. DR was alive at 12:59 a.m. unless someone else was sharing a post to her page, and to BH's Memorial page, under her profile, and I find that a bit unlikely. The call and/or text were said to have taken place after that, iirc. Maybe he'd tried CR1 and it was already over and done with at CR1's place. JW, just from looking at all of this for the past year, seems the most stable of the bunch. I don't think he's even had a speeding ticket, iirc. No fights, turn around marriages, etc... He just doesn't strike me as a crazed, plotting, murderer. Then again, the women who fell for Ted Bundy didn't find anything odd about him either.

One thing I want to add to this is, The fight with CR1 and DR were recent events. We don't know what was said at the hospital between JW and DR or the fight but CR1 was shot nine times and DR was shot five times in the face. Could have been some really harsh words said or they could have been viewed as the reason HR wouldn't come back to him.

I think the move was more of an AW and GW3 thing. I remember JW saying in that interview that he hoped she'd come home, there, (I took it to Peterson Rd., ) with the new baby. He even talked about wanting S to know her 1/2 sister. If there was anything that may have gotten under his skin, I think it was the photo of HMR, CH, and little S, on HMR's FB page. (I'm almost thinking that was a CH idea to put that up and have himself tagged). I didn't get a good vibe off of him. We also don't know why HMR & JW broke up. If this turns out to be the Ws, I don't think that JW was a major player, if any player. I'm leaning w/his Granny. What if that call/text was him figuring out what was about to happen and trying to get a warning to them? We don't know that he'd not called the Rhoden phones and gotten nothing. DR was alive at 12:59 a.m. unless someone else was sharing a post to her page, and to BH's Memorial page, under her profile, and I find that a bit unlikely. The call and/or text were said to have taken place after that, iirc. Maybe he'd tried CR1 and it was already over and done with at CR1's place. JW, just from looking at all of this for the past year, seems the most stable of the bunch. I don't think he's even had a speeding ticket, iirc. No fights, turn around marriages, etc... He just doesn't strike me as a crazed, plotting, murderer. Then again, the women who fell for Ted Bundy didn't find anything odd about him either.

BBM

I thought that LE told LM that JM sent that text to JW not that JW sent it to him.
LM said that JM sent the text to JW at 9:00 PM not 2:00 AM like LE said.

Neither did OJ.

BBM

I thought that LE told LM that JM sent that text to JW not that JW sent it to him.
LM said that JM sent the text to JW at 9:00 PM not 2:00 AM like LE said.

Neither did OJ.

LM has contradicted himself, and made vague comments, before. When, and what was in, the text(s) or phone call(s), is anyone's guess at this point. They also may not be releasing any other information. They haven't told us much. There could have been frantic texts/calls to all the phones and we'd never know. It was said that DR left work, crying, and made the comment, loosely quoted, that she'd made a mistake, or they'd made a big mistake.

I know, my point w/Bundy. OJ was cleared though. :thinking:

This is what's been said by someone who was there the night this happened:

5 car loads of people went to UHR to jump CRjr& FR over the McDonalds incident.

Family & friends of CRjr & FR went to UHR to make it a fair fight.

Some of the people involved were detained and questioned by police immediately after the murders.

Thank you. If this is true I understand better why no one is charged yet with the murders. It is going to be a difficult case to prosecute.

LM has contradicted himself, and made vague comments, before. When, and what was in, the text(s) or phone call(s), is anyone's guess at this point. They also may not be releasing any other information. They haven't told us much. There could have been frantic texts/calls to all the phones and we'd never know. It was said that DR left work, crying, and made the comment, loosely quoted, that she'd made a mistake, or they'd made a big mistake.

I know, my point w/Bundy. OJ was cleared though. :thinking:

Wasn't DR also making posts for someone deceased to watch over her family about that same time?

I'm not sure about the subpoenas but the accused can be called as a witness.

https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Resources/LawYouCanUse/Pages/LawYouCanUse-86.aspx

Yes, this is GJ that meets in secret. Witnesses are not allowed to have their lawyer present. They can subpoena pretty much anyone they wish. Witnesses must answer all questions.

A few weeks ago, I asked our WS member who is an attorney about the GJ questioning and she verified that a GJ can ask questions about anything. It doesn't have to be related to the charges at hand (in JM's case, destroying government property). So, yes, the GJ could ask JM and anyone other witness they call, questions about the Rhoden murders, drug dealing, anything.

What is the hammertoe incident?

I keep reading about JW wanting HR to sign over custody of S...does anyone know when that occurred? Is there a link to some more info about that?
Just searched and couldn't find any that he was asking her sign off her rights, just to make the shared custody legal.

Wasn't DR also making posts for someone deceased to watch over her family about that same time?

She posted on his memorial almost on day to day basis. The night of the murders, she made two shares, one to her own FB, from a ministry type site, and it has been deleted, on 4/22 at 12:53 am. and one on BH's memorial site, on 4/22 at 12:52 am. The former was a quote about people coming and going but God was forever (loosely quoted) The one to BH's site was not in any way a plea to watch over her. The one that I saw that asked him to "watch over them, more than ever", was on the 18th, at 10:21 a.m. and I felt it was more about the baby being born, especially with there being a conflict of paternity, which could lead to possible drama at the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spudxii