OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might agree with you, but I can't get around the killers taking the security cameras. Security cameras at KR and CR1's property. I don't care how experienced or professional the killers are, no stranger would have known where all those cameras were hid. Those cameras could have been installed years earlier. That area is so rural, no way any strangers could spend as much time as it would have taken to do the surveillance necessary to determine where all the cameras were without being noticed by family or neighbors. Then you have the dogs. 20 or so if iirc. Pit bulls, hunting dogs, and other assorted dogs. Dogs bark even when someone they know comes around. No way to get around that either.

As far as no evidence being left, there wouldn't be any DNA, fingerprints ect that would help LE determine the killer, if the killers were close friends or family members who had been in those homes numerous times prior to the murders. LE would expect their DNA, fingerprints ect to be there.

As far as knowing the schedules, activities, layouts of homes, a close family member would have known all that and more. It doesn't mean they were professional killers, just that they had been in the homes frequently and were up in the business of the family enough to know when they were home and when not.

I think the only one the killers were not sure about was DR, because she unexpectedly worked a double shift that night. The text messages between DR and AM took care of that. So as soon as they knew DR was home, JM called JW to tell him it was a go, that everyone was home and in bed.

None of this took an experienced and professional killer. It just took someone close enough to this family to know everything about them, including where the security cameras were installed.

It's long been my theory (and it was mentioned by some LE early on) that the killers may have had assistance from some acquaintance of the family. It would be too difficult for them to case all 4 locations and family members on their own without someone becoming suspicious. They could have gotten assistance from someone already familiar with the victims and homes, who could observe their daily routines without arousing suspicion. That easily could have been people concerned about the ongoing custody battle over Hanna Rhoden's daughter or someone else.

It's long been my theory (and it was mentioned by some LE early on) that the killers may have had assistance from some acquaintance of the family. It would be too difficult for them to case all 4 locations and family members on their own without someone becoming suspicious. That easily could have been people concerned about the ongoing custody battle over Hanna Rhoden's daughter.
Didn't that family say all along they were moving to Alaska? That the Rhoden's deaths had nothing to do with it? But are they the type of people to pick up and move leaving S behind?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Didn't that family say all along they were moving to Alaska? That the Rhoden's deaths had nothing to do with it? But are they the type of people to pick up and move leaving S behind?

Just a guess, but they may have been assuming they would be free to take S with them, one way or another. Could have been they thought they would prevail in court or for any number of reasons.

As much as I hate that family may be involved, it's been the number one on my list from the git-go, with rolling on someone, with a LEO staring at prison, if it all came down, a close second, and an odd third through fifth place theories that jockey for positions.

The cameras and KR's dog almost seal it that it has to be family (and when I say family, I'm including extended, and/or in-laws) involved. Why KR though? I don't think TR knew a thing about any "whys" or "whos" or grow ops, at the time that the murders occurred. If he did, he'd not pulled anything out of his memory banks, at the time of this interview.

TR and CR1 were almost eight years apart, while, KR and CR1 are right at 3 1/2 years apart. Not only were they closest in age, but they shared similar hobbies, and "gardening" activities. I think this would make them more likely to share secrets, or family problems, with one another. Poor GR landed right smack dab in the middle of it when he moved to that trailer, not to mention HHG connecting w/FR.

Folks who are skilled hunters, being able to pull this off, was also one of my theories. They'd have equipment. They'd have the clothing. It could easily be discarded afterwards (burned). Lots of places in those hills to make a burn pit, too. There's lots of skilled hunters in the region, here, and I'm guessing there, too. This also could tie into the custody theory, because, if you're looking for skilled hunters, there's a particular family that's full of them.

This was, apparently, prior to DR's move, because it says "same property" and they did all live at 4077 for a bit:

On another note, I don't think this was CRsr's first Merry-go-round, someone just decided to press charges. Could be b/c they knew of prior improprieties. Family will warn younger folks away from certain relation, and some will disclose to close friends, and cousins, who grow up, close. I remember a friend of mine telling me about a relation who would mess with her, but only when he'd get lit. She shared that smelling beer on a man's breath, would bring back those childhood memories.

FWIW, I don't think that GSR wanted to be buried in Ky., by her ex, CRsr., even though his obit listed her as his wife (they were divorced Sept. 1995). Oddly enough, it states that they'd been married only 15 years, and he filed. I am not 100% but it also appears the GSR may have moved back to Ky. in '94 and stayed til at least 2002, although maybe not "officially". However that could explain the reason given for the divorce as "Other or Divorce Obtained Out of State".

CRsr Obit - http://www.rogerwdavisfuneralhome.com/notices/CLarence-Rhoden

TR's quote about GSR - http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/04/27/rhoden-relative-a-man-cant-bear-it.html

RSD, My "Thanks" button hasn't worked in weeks. If it was working I would have hit it multiple times. I'm with you all the way on this.

No matter how many theories I bounce around (on a daily basis believe it or not), I come back to this every time.

This case is on my mind 24/7. Always will be. Done tons of research and just can't work it all out.

No, I do not think they ever entertained the thought of leaving SW behind, since JW tried to convince HR to reconcile and move to AK with him. When that failed he and his father tried to convince HR to give up her parental rights to SW.

It's long been my theory (and it was mentioned by some LE early on) that the killers may have had assistance from some acquaintance of the family. It would be too difficult for them to case all 4 locations and family members on their own without someone becoming suspicious. They could have gotten assistance from someone already familiar with the victims and homes, who could observe their daily routines without arousing suspicion. That easily could have been people concerned about the ongoing custody battle over Hanna Rhoden's daughter or someone else.

Remember when they spoke at the church? I can't lay my hands on the article, maybe someone else has it? Didn't Reader stand in front of the church, and tell them that he knew someone in there, knew something? Or, did I dream that.

No, I do not think they ever entertained the thought of leaving SW behind, since JW tried to convince HR to reconcile and move to AK with him. When that failed he and his father tried to convince HR to give up her parental rights to SW.
Which, never would have worked. She had her father, mother and the rest of the family to back her. It wpuld have been a hard battle and who knows maybe tbats why there were pot plants there for the extra money. Does anyone know when the W's put their land up for sale? I'm asking and making the above statements because I want to either clear them in my mind or at least have all the facts where the W family is concerned. It's all very frustrating.

All I do know for sure is someone so evil came up with the plan to walk into 4 different homes and killed 8 people. Not only that but they talked one or two other people into helping them carry it out. If I were that evil person I'd start taking care of the one or two who helped me unless they were close close family. Has there been any single murders in or around that area after the murders?

Remember when they spoke at the church? I can't lay my hands on the article, maybe someone else has it? Didn't Reader stand in front of the church, and tell them that he knew someone in there, knew something? Or, did I dream that.

I don't have a link, but I do remember reading that Reader stood in front of the family in church and said someone here knows something. moo

RSD, My "Thanks" button hasn't worked in weeks. If it was working I would have hit it multiple times. I'm with you all the way on this.

No matter how many theories I bounce around (on a daily basis believe it or not), I come back to this every time.

This case is on my mind 24/7. Always will be. Done tons of research and just can't work it all out.

Same. It's on mine every day too. I check in every day, even if I don't post.

I think something is going on w/the WS site b/c my screen jumps and scrolls away in replying to a post at times. It's highly frustrating combined with my sticky "r" key.

Which, never would have worked. She had her father, mother and the rest of the family to back her. It wpuld have been a hard battle and who knows maybe tbats why there were pot plants there for the extra money. Does anyone know when the W's put their land up for sale? I'm asking and making the above statements because I want to either clear them in my mind or at least have all the facts where the W family is concerned. It's all very frustrating.

All I do know for sure is someone so evil came up with the plan to walk into 4 different homes and killed 8 people. Not only that but they talked one or two other people into helping them carry it out. If I were that evil person I'd start taking care of the one or two who helped me unless they were close close family. Has there been any single murders in or around that area after the murders?

Well, one thing about the R's, they were local. If you're local, a lot of times you'll have the upper hand, and, judges lean more toward mothers. In the other W son's case, we don't know as much about. I do think that until the break up, that HMR spent a significant amount of time there, as did little S. even after the break-up. The thing that makes me think that it might possibly not be JW was that he was traveling for work and had to take a lesser paying job, after the murders, and was then cash strapped. I think the push for custody, if there was a big push, came from mom W. The home went up for sale after the murders, and after JW knew he wasn't the parent to the infant, they moved. JW even mentioned, that after the baby was born that he'd hoped they could reconcile, and she would come back home. (loosely quoted)

I'm also agreeing with rsd, family was involved somehow. Right now, pretty much all we know points to the W's. They have criminal background in their past, some for theft. They were truck drivers also. I believe at some time that CRsr and BW were best friends as AW indicated. How else could it not have been a "big deal" for CRsr and DR that their underage daughter dated, and had a baby with their son? (that we know of). And if they were best friends and had a criminal background (W's), they would know some of and probably particaipated in some of the same activities. Wow! imagine going through a custody battle with each other and knowing all the all the secrets of each other! How do you fight that? Knowing if it comes down to war, all the secrets could be revealed and jail time could be in the mix. IMO, both families were trying to avoid that.
This happened soon after DR and HMR moved into a new place without any drugs growing around the new property. Brand new place with seperate bedrooms for the child and new baby.(some states require this for children). And IMO, they waited for the new baby to be born, to make sure if it was a W or not. If the child was a W, then the same parent would get custody of the baby to. Then the grandparents, parents and grandchildren could all move to Alaska together and live happily ever after.
We all know the ones who in the media have been identified as the people who had had plans to spend the night with some of the victims. But what if some others did spend the night and could have let the killers into some of the homes? Remember, there was no evidence of break ins at any of the properties.

And this site is having problems, I didn't change the font and can't get it to change.

No I remember that also. I think Readers exact words was "Someone sitting in this church right now knows who killed these people and why." or something to that effect. LM told that in one of his earlier interviews. The one where he was mad about his sons truck I think.

BBM

Exactly. And there you have it all. Now no one is left to contest the W's moving little SW to AK. No mother, father, uncles and even a great uncle and cousin.

BBM

Exactly. And there you have it all. Now no one is left to contest the W's moving little SW to AK. No mother, father, uncles and even a great uncle and cousin.

If this is the case, why did LE allow the Ws to leave the state? By naming them as possible suspects they should have been able to keep them in Ohio. Did they pull off the perfect crime?

If this is the case, why did LE allow the Ws to leave the state? By naming them as possible suspects they should have been able to keep them in Ohio. Did they pull off the perfect crime?
It seems that they did allow them to leave the state, but by the number of times that they were pulled up on that journey, LE had put out the 'watch them' information widely.

I'm also agreeing with rsd, family was involved somehow. Right now, pretty much all we know points to the W's. They have criminal background in their past, some for theft. They were truck drivers also. I believe at some time that CRsr and BW were best friends as AW indicated. How else could it not have been a "big deal" for CRsr and DR that their underage daughter dated, and had a baby with their son? (that we know of). And if they were best friends and had a criminal background (W's), they would know some of and probably particaipated in some of the same activities. Wow! imagine going through a custody battle with each other and knowing all the all the secrets of each other! How do you fight that? Knowing if it comes down to war, all the secrets could be revealed and jail time could be in the mix. IMO, both families were trying to avoid that.
This happened soon after DR and HMR moved into a new place without any drugs growing around the new property. Brand new place with seperate bedrooms for the child and new baby.(some states require this for children). And IMO, they waited for the new baby to be born, to make sure if it was a W or not. If the child was a W, then the same parent would get custody of the baby to. Then the grandparents, parents and grandchildren could all move to Alaska together and live happily ever after.
We all know the ones who in the media have been identified as the people who had had plans to spend the night with some of the victims. But what if some others did spend the night and could have let the killers into some of the homes? Remember, there was no evidence of break ins at any of the properties.

And this site is having problems, I didn't change the font and can't get it to change.

Some criminal background, some theft, and being truck drivers leaves a pretty big leap to mass murderers wiping out a whole family. Are there felonious assaults or crimes involving weapons in their past?

Some criminal background, some theft, and being truck drivers leaves a pretty big leap to mass murderers wiping out a whole family. Are there felonious assaults or crimes involving weapons in their past?

Wasn't AG/BCI/LE putting "Lasor Focus" on them? Wanting to know if anyone knew about ammo, guns, or information of anything about them?

Wasn't AG/BCI/LE putting "Lasor Focus" on them? Wanting to know if anyone knew about ammo, guns, or information of anything about them?

Why did that happen AFTER they moved and not before? Was that a fishing expedition to see if someone would talk? Did they eliminate them as suspects after that "laser focus" and searches? They didn't name them as possible suspects or arrest anyone. LE has never said that anyone is not a possible suspect. Does that mean they have no idea who could have done this? Nothing about the investigation of this case is even close to normal operating procedure. Everyone should be concerned about that. They seem to think that eventually someone will come to them and tell them what happened instead of them finding out what happened. So far it looks like they are covering up something or just plain inept... And the man in charge wants to be governor....

Because until they are charged with a crime, they are free to go anywhere they want. Even naming them as suspects would not have been enough to keep them from leaving Ohio. But if you noticed, LE making their leaving so public, announcing a "laser focus" on them, all but assured that LE in the Kenai and AK would be watching them very closely. I assume so they couldn't disappear and would be available for that time when they are charged.

I think Reader and DeWine know exactly who killed the R's and why. They just don't have the evidence for an arrest. So far the only hint that we have got was the raid on W property, "laser focus", and the arrest of JM. LE seemed pretty certain, at least certain enough to get a warrant, that the truck JM was driving had been used in the crime of capital murder. I would just like to know if the W's or a friend of theirs sold JM that truck.

Because until they are charged with a crime, they are free to go anywhere they want. Even naming them as suspects would not have been enough to keep them from leaving Ohio. But if you noticed, LE making their leaving so public, announcing a "laser focus" on them, all but assured that LE in the Kenai and AK would be watching them very closely. I assume so they couldn't disappear and would be available for that time when they are charged.

I think Reader and DeWine know exactly who killed the R's and why. They just don't have the evidence for an arrest. So far the only hint that we have got was the raid on W property, "laser focus", and the arrest of JM. LE seemed pretty certain, at least certain enough to get a warrant, that the truck JM was driving had been used in the crime of capital murder. I would just like to know if the W's or a friend of theirs sold JM that truck.

Well said. They have to have enough evidence to convict...otherwise they WILL walk free forever. This has to be proven in a court of law. Thats where they are stuck. W's are in it up to their eyeballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926