OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Almond!

I've heard a couple things about GR. CR1 was helping him stay clean, and that he'd been there for awhile, and I'd also heard that he'd been scooped up to go get vehicles with CR1 the next day, which would complete everyone being in place. I'd always wondered if CR1 was staying at DR's because LM had said that the "work trailer" (that is what I call it) was basically a shell.

I too am very interested in that individual that you speak about. I had run across a few things but can't broach them due to TOS, but, it seems they knew one another, and that person is elderly, and may not be able to get up and about now, but has a lot of pull, and is a super nice fella, till he ain't.

Please keep posting! :)

Thank you for responding! I wonder how Bad G's addiction was and to what. I don't consider weed to be a drug btw. What kind of people did he associate with in Ky...Were any in trouble with the law? I know he was arrested once.

As for that nice old man, family in the high gov't?

Hello everyone, I've been following along since the massacre happened but have never been brave enough to post. You guys are Amazing detectives and researchers and I am intimidated. :blushing: Don't want to ire the admins either. I have questions though...
Gary, how long had he been in Ohio when he was murdered and why was he in Ohio. This is where TOS might get me? What do we know about his life in KY. Was he running? Did he owe money?
I think he was alone in the "office" when someone showed up...don't know who. He called Csr , who was holding down the fort at Dana's place, and told him so and so was there. I think he was annoyed but felt he had to go, and did. Possibly Gary was already dead when Csr arrived to an ambush.

I'm also very much interested in the M*n*gome*y family and their land interests. Did Csr scoop up some property they wanted? It has been mentioned that one of the family had been lurking around Dana's place...

Okay, I'm going to see if I get deleted now. :facepalm:

Btw, I've yet to figure out what BBM means.

It means, bolded by me. I just realized I forgot to tell you.

All good points. BTW, if you can find and share a photo of the red truck at the W farm, that would be great. I'm pretty sure we've already posted photos of the truck parked at JM's place. You're also spot on about LE seeming to put up a smoke screen by not releasing any facts about the case. The time, labor and expense they've expended to protect the AR's and lock up the trailers and camper is pretty much unprecedented in murder cases AFAIK.

Agree, someone was using JM and BJM, setting them up to look like the killers. We know why, but we don't exactly know who. W's seem to be involved in that, but I have a feeling there's someone else behind the scenes who helped engineer and carry out that plan. Has there ever been a case of someone doing that before in a murder case in that area? Can we see any patterns or similarities between these murders (and set up of family and acquaintences) and others in the region? Were there other murders/ burglaries/ B&E in the area where someone used some of the same MO's? Whomever killed the Rhodens & HHG, it probably wasn't their first rodeo. JMO, they built up to this. They learned something each time they killed someone.

Feel free to add other murders that have a similar MO or common victim characteristics.

Some common characteristics of previous crimes:

Pre-planning of the murder (Newsome, Rhodens, Eapmon, Lake)

Surveilling victims schedules beforehand (Rhodens, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Breaking and entering homes while victims are asleep (Rhodens, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Familiar with layout of homes and trailers where victims lived (Rhoden, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Gun as the murder weapon (Shotgun was used in Newsom murders)

Victims mostly killed execution style - shot in the head at close range (Rhodens, Newsome, Lake, Eapmon)

Shooting victims while they're asleep or in bed (mostly successful, but sometimes victims awaken and fight back or try to escape) (Newsome, Rhodens, Eapmon, Lake)

Getting to and from the crime scene without anyone noticing (seems to indicate they may park their car some distance away from the crime scene and approach & leave on foot).(Rhodens, Newsome, Eapmon, Lake)

Familiar with/skilled at navigating homes and outdoor areas in the dark (Rhodens, Newsome, Eapmon, Lake was early morning 7:10 am)

Willing to kill young teen relatives of target victims (Rhoden, Newsome)

Killer takes evidence from the crime scene (Rhodens, Eapmons)

Some victims had been dealing in oxycontin and/or oxycodone (Lake, Newsome)

Intruders at home several days before murders (Lake, possibly Rhodens)

Threatening phone calls in days before murders (Lake, possibly Rhodens)

Letter left at one home before murder (Lake)

Victims had been arrested, worked with law enforcement to lessen sentence (Lake, Newsome, Eapmon)

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/c...ller-takes-evidence-from-the-scene-08-24-2016

http://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20180205/family-suspects-doctors-plea-deal-led-to-2017-slaying

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/doctor-dies-day-after-home-invasion-in-westerville

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Mother-and-daughter-found-dead-in-Scioto-County--364128731.html

https://www.**************/2683325/...-daughter-are-found-shot-to-death-in-trailer/

Not Ohio, but I think this one is still unsolved from 2013. 3 hours from Piketon.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/indian...-quadruple-murder-is-drug-related-police-say/

All of this story from DS has never seemed right. No one seems to know KR was taking the day off from his regular job to work on cars except DS. Even his daughter who talked to him regularly thought he was at work. DS bringing someone with him that afternoon could make a great excuse and witness as to why his fresh finger prints and DNA was there. I truly believe he was there earlier and came back. Maybe he helped himself to some things he knew no one would miss. I don't know if it was the night before or that morning, but I think he knew KR was dead when they pulled in to check on him. After he knows KR is murdered, he takes the time to wonder around the property before calling 911? He had no concern that the murder(s) could still be there? Did he know they were not?
I've wondered from early on that KR's death was a separate crime from the other seven.

As far as motives go, could CR1 have borrowed money from a shady lender and used it to buy DR's home instead of what he was supposed to use it for?

Ya know, I’ve thought about this a lot. I understand there was chaos and complete anguish that morning.

But, 150 family members gathered at a church. KR2 said she called her dad and texted him etc with no response.

Why didn’t someone call his employer and say hey, we can’t get ahold of KR since he’s working (that’s what the family thought), could someone please locate him and get him on the phone?

It just seems like in an instance like that, one person out of 150, would have done that. I’m not judging, I just don’t understand.

Thank you for responding! I wonder how Bad G's addiction was and to what. I don't consider weed to be a drug btw. What kind of people did he associate with in Ky...Were any in trouble with the law? I know he was arrested once.

As for that nice old man, family in the high gov't?

YW! I'm with you, weed is no big deal. I don't even equate it on the level of alcohol. Alcohol kills, you don't die from smoking weed. When GR was in Kentucky, he was into shooting up though. He was arrested, along w/his stepfather, after getting caught shooting up xanax or valium, in the local grocer's parking lot. That's a pretty bad habit there. Especially considering it was in Greenup, Ky. it's not like they couldn't have driven a couple three miles to go up into a holler to shoot up. Although Gary was almost 40, I'd guarantee he'd told his family that he was up there with CR1 so he could was help him (GR) stay straight, whether GR was staying straight or not. His father spoke about what a hard worker he was, and you could tell he was heartbroken.

It's because of GR's addiction problems, and seeming good nature, that I have wondered,If the R's, and HHG by default, were killed over hard drugs. We've never had any evidence of that, but, Reader said it was deeper than a couple little weed grows (loosely quoting). GR had a history of using the needle. One thing I have thought, is, that with GR's history, and the family being so close to the two state lines (Ky and Oh), that GR could have had some connections to folks, on that Greenup to Detroit pipeline, and made a connect with CR, GR, and KR. They get into it for a little bit, it seems like fast, easy, money, and a lot of it, but they decide it's much too risky. CR1 had spent a lot of cash in that month prior to their deaths. They wanted out.Demanded out, and walked away. You don't just walk away from that though. That's where the problem may have come in.

I don't know how high, but I feel he holds a lot of pull within the county. I've heard some interesting things about him.

YW! I'm with you, weed is no big deal. I don't even equate it on the level of alcohol. Alcohol kills, you don't die from smoking weed. When GR was in Kentucky, he was into shooting up though. He was arrested, along w/his stepfather, after getting caught shooting up xanax or valium, in the local grocer's parking lot. That's a pretty bad habit there. Especially considering it was in Greenup, Ky. it's not like they couldn't have driven a couple three miles to go up into a holler to shoot up. Although Gary was almost 40, I'd guarantee he'd told his family that he was up there with CR1 so he could was help him (GR) stay straight, whether GR was staying straight or not. His father spoke about what a hard worker he was, and you could tell he was heartbroken.

It's because of GR's addiction problems, and seeming good nature, that I have wondered,If the R's, and HHG by default, were killed over hard drugs. We've never had any evidence of that, but, Reader said it was deeper than a couple little weed grows (loosely quoting). GR had a history of using the needle. One thing I have thought, is, that with GR's history, and the family being so close to the two state lines (Ky and Oh), that GR could have had some connections to folks, on that Greenup to Detroit pipeline, and made a connect with CR, GR, and KR. They get into it for a little bit, it seems like fast, easy, money, and a lot of it, but they decide it's much too risky. CR1 had spent a lot of cash in that month prior to their deaths. They wanted out.Demanded out, and walked away. You don't just walk away from that though. That's where the problem may have come in.

I don't know how high, but I feel he holds a lot of pull within the county. I've heard some interesting things about him.

Good thinking again, rsd. I have felt from the beginning that GR brought the trouble to Union Hill. He may have gotten them into dealing, brought a big debt with him. or brought the evil ones around. I don't know how hard it is to kick a habit like his without doing rehab. How hard would cold turkey be. Maybe he was sneaking his fixes? Sigh.
I do know there's good money in salvage cars, lots of unreported cash.

I heard Senate.

Not one person has ever died from cannabis. Alcohol destroys lives and kills. Harder drugs have you passed out in parking lots and dead.

Good thinking again, rsd. I have felt from the beginning that GR brought the trouble to Union Hill. He may have gotten them into dealing, brought a big debt with him. or brought the evil ones around. I don't know how hard it is to kick a habit like his without doing rehab. How hard would cold turkey be. Maybe he was sneaking his fixes? Sigh.

I heard Senate.

That was an early theory of mine too. It's still on the back burner. His mother is currently inside again, for dealing, well, appears to be, I'll put it that way. As for addicts, I've been around sooooo many, that includes alcoholics, and it's just so hard for them to quit. I've lost so many friends I've lost count at this point, and now my kids are losing friends. Grandparents and foster homes are raising another generation. It would not surprise me at all if he was using. Could be where the bedbugs came from. There's a motel there in Piketon that is just a nopers... The reviewers mentioned "bedbugs". Motels are where addicts will go to do their drugs in general safety. I'd had a theory that, if using again, he'd been meeting up there, with like minded folks, and brought the bugs back with him.

I had not heard that high, but I do not doubt that.

I heard Senate.

Not one person has ever died from cannabis. Alcohol destroys lives and kills. Harder drugs have you passed out in parking lots and dead.

Alcohol and heroin are synonymous, but people don’t like to believe that. It is however a fact. Since alcohol is legal, it’s accepted.

The difference between the two withdrawals are-heroin withdrawals won’t kill you (a person may feel like they’re dying though) but alcohol withdrawals will kill you.

I’ve watched my adult father curled up in a ball, vomiting, shaking, sweating, with a fever and sobbing-from alcohol withdraws. Down the road, his body was so dependent he began having seizures.

Addiction is a cycle. Get clean, relapse, be worse than before you got clean. My father was found dead on his living room floor. At first, his death was investigated as a possible homicide because of the things out of sorts in his home. 9 weeks later when autopsy results came back, it was determined that he drank himself to death.He went into sudden liver failure, laid down on his floor, and died. He was clinically sober at the time of his death, but the days prior he was not.

Heroin doesn’t do that. The withdrawal doesn’t kill a person. Yes, it can absolutely kill you, but it’s usually an instant death, seconds after the needle hits the vein. I know because it’s rampant around here.

Sorry for all the personal details, but bringing up addiction is just an emotional subject for me. When I think of GR, it reminds me of my father. Different substance of addiction, but still addiction. If GR was not prescribed suboxone or something similar, it’s doubtful that he was clean. Or he could have been buying suboxone off the streets. Or he could’ve been using.

Another thing that’s recently been proven to fight the withdrawal effects of heroin is weed.

Alcohol and heroin are synonymous, but people don’t like to believe that. It is however a fact. Since alcohol is legal, it’s accepted.

The difference between the two withdrawals are-heroin withdrawals won’t kill you (a person may feel like they’re dying though) but alcohol withdrawals will kill you.

I’ve watched my adult father curled up in a ball, vomiting, shaking, sweating, with a fever and sobbing-from alcohol withdraws. Down the road, his body was so dependent he began having seizures.

Addiction is a cycle. Get clean, relapse, be worse than before you got clean. My father was found dead on his living room floor. At first, his death was investigated as a possible homicide because of the things out of sorts in his home. 9 weeks later when autopsy results came back, it was determined that he drank himself to death.He went into sudden liver failure, laid down on his floor, and died. He was clinically sober at the time of his death, but the days prior he was not.

Heroin doesn’t do that. The withdrawal doesn’t kill a person. Yes, it can absolutely kill you, but it’s usually an instant death, seconds after the needle hits the vein. I know because it’s rampant around here.

Sorry for all the personal details, but bringing up addiction is just an emotional subject for me. When I think of GR, it reminds me of my father. Different substance of addiction, but still addiction. If GR was not prescribed suboxone or something similar, it’s doubtful that he was clean. Or he could have been buying suboxone off the streets. Or he could’ve been using.

Another thing that’s recently been proven to fight the withdrawal effects of heroin is weed.

I am so sorry about your father. It's a horrible addiction and you are so right about the withdrawal. My kids' dad became so malnourished, he couldn't go through a necessary surgery, so they had to put him in a twilight type coma, hope infection didn't set in from the need for surgery, til they could bring him through the delirium tremens medically, and the docs were surprised he lived through it at that. He was not ever able to go home again though, and he passed within two years. While he was in the care home, after the surgeries, was the longest period of time, that our kids seen him sober. I think the record may have been 36 hours. He died a relatively young man, with everything he owned carried out by four of us, in three totes, when he died. Weed doesn't do that to folks.

I googled it, there was an arrest and conviction. The killer hung out and did drugs with the 4 people he murdered, he evidently killed them to steal their meagre supply of cash and valuables. The word "low-life" comes to mind.

Wow! I swear I googled for an hour and couldn’t find anything. I must’ve been googling the wrong terms. Thanks for finding that!

Wow! I swear I googled for an hour and couldn’t find anything. I must’ve been googling the wrong terms. Thanks for finding that!

I googled the female victim's name, it was her son found the bodies, so her name shows up in later stories...

I am so sorry about your father. It's a horrible addiction and you are so right about the withdrawal. My kids' dad became so malnourished, he couldn't go through a necessary surgery, so they had to put him in a twilight type coma, hope infection didn't set in from the need for surgery, til they could bring him through the delirium tremens medically, and the docs were surprised he lived through it at that. He was not ever able to go home again though, and he passed within two years. While he was in the care home, after the surgeries, was the longest period of time, that our kids seen him sober. I think the record may have been 36 hours. He died a relatively young man, with everything he owned carried out by four of us, in three totes, when he died. Weed doesn't do that to folks.

Thank you. It’s a terrible thing to live through and witness someone slowly killing themselves, as you know. DT’s are the worst to witness. Sounds like your ex and my dad had a lot in common. But they’re free now. And nope, I’ve never heard of one instance where weed kills someone. It’s actually a safer and more effective treatment for many conditions versus prescription pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99