OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I've been following along since the massacre happened but have never been brave enough to post. You guys are Amazing detectives and researchers and I am intimidated. :blushing: Don't want to ire the admins either. I have questions though...
Gary, how long had he been in Ohio when he was murdered and why was he in Ohio. This is where TOS might get me? What do we know about his life in KY. Was he running? Did he owe money?
I think he was alone in the "office" when someone showed up...don't know who. He called Csr , who was holding down the fort at Dana's place, and told him so and so was there. I think he was annoyed but felt he had to go, and did. Possibly Gary was already dead when Csr arrived to an ambush.

I'm also very much interested in the M*n*gome*y family and their land interests. Did Csr scoop up some property they wanted? It has been mentioned that one of the family had been lurking around Dana's place...

Okay, I'm going to see if I get deleted now. :facepalm:

Btw, I've yet to figure out what BBM means.

Welcome Almond!

Alcohol and heroin are synonymous, but people don’t like to believe that. It is however a fact. Since alcohol is legal, it’s accepted.

The difference between the two withdrawals are-heroin withdrawals won’t kill you (a person may feel like they’re dying though) but alcohol withdrawals will kill you.

I’ve watched my adult father curled up in a ball, vomiting, shaking, sweating, with a fever and sobbing-from alcohol withdraws. Down the road, his body was so dependent he began having seizures.

Addiction is a cycle. Get clean, relapse, be worse than before you got clean. My father was found dead on his living room floor. At first, his death was investigated as a possible homicide because of the things out of sorts in his home. 9 weeks later when autopsy results came back, it was determined that he drank himself to death.He went into sudden liver failure, laid down on his floor, and died. He was clinically sober at the time of his death, but the days prior he was not.

Heroin doesn’t do that. The withdrawal doesn’t kill a person. Yes, it can absolutely kill you, but it’s usually an instant death, seconds after the needle hits the vein. I know because it’s rampant around here.

Sorry for all the personal details, but bringing up addiction is just an emotional subject for me. When I think of GR, it reminds me of my father. Different substance of addiction, but still addiction. If GR was not prescribed suboxone or something similar, it’s doubtful that he was clean. Or he could have been buying suboxone off the streets. Or he could’ve been using.

Another thing that’s recently been proven to fight the withdrawal effects of heroin is weed.

So very sorry about your father.

Here’s one for you, Betty. It happened in the late 60’s BUT one person with two guns killed a family of 6. Never convicted because he committed suicide. He was a business partner of the deceased.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robison_family_murders

Yes, people who kill families, etc. who they know and are angry with usually commit suicide after or otherwise behave erratically in a way that allows LE to find or capture them. Killing large numbers of people you know in a spree has an emotional impact on most killers that impairs their ability to clean up evidence and escape.

Ya know, I’ve thought about this a lot. I understand there was chaos and complete anguish that morning.

But, 150 family members gathered at a church. KR2 said she called her dad and texted him etc with no response.

Why didn’t someone call his employer and say hey, we can’t get ahold of KR since he’s working (that’s what the family thought), could someone please locate him and get him on the phone?

It just seems like in an instance like that, one person out of 150, would have done that. I’m not judging, I just don’t understand.

Well they did eventually do that. Its been discussed before how everyone else thought KR was at work where he couldn't use his phone. The one anomaly in that situation is with DS who apparently knew KR wasn't going to work that day. Why he didn't say something sooner is odd.

Thank you Betty!

Another thing I too wonder about, the brother being chased and fearful. That story sure went away quick. It made me curious about the R's lives in KY.

No problem and Welcome to Websleuths!

I've always kept an open mind about GR and drug / gang activity in KY and the murders. Its very close to Pike Co and most people have relationships, networks and business connections there.

I dont recall exactly if it was ever stated in the news, but I believe GR had struggled with heroin or opiod addiction in the past.

Yes, people who kill families, etc. who they know and are angry with usually commit suicide after or otherwise behave erratically in a way that allows LE to find or capture them. Killing large numbers of people you know in a spree has an emotional impact on most killers that impairs their ability to clean up evidence and escape.

I agree. I was noting the similarities of a business partner and that he used two guns. He didn’t commit suicide until 5 years later when a new investigator took over and wanted to charge him on the evidence they had.

Well they did eventually do that. Its been discussed before how everyone else thought KR was at work where he couldn't use his phone. The one anomaly in that situation is with DS who apparently knew KR wasn't going to work that day. Why he didn't say something sooner is odd.

Agreed. I think my question has always been why didn’t one person call his work? I guess it’s easy to wonder why family didn’t do this or that. That questions always just stuck with me.

Agreed. I think my question has always been why didn’t one person call his work? I guess it’s easy to wonder why family didn’t do this or that. That questions always just stuck with me.

Yeah, to some degree, its always stuck with me, too. Especially DS. Things must have been a whole different level of crazy and surreal for the family that morning. Since the immediate family were all gone, there were probably only a few people left living who had talked to them the previous day and knew their plans. Killing so many family members at once left a big gap in knowledge about what was going on.

It also may not have occurred to anyone that KR would be included in the murders because he lived farther away. It must have been a chaotic scene with LE questioning everyone, taking JM's car, news media everywhere asking questions. Times like that I think people lose track of time, what's happening, who is around them, etc.

I know there's been speculation in the past about some other family going into KR's home to clean up weed or money at KR's. I'm not sure that's true since some weed and cash were left behind.

I was just going over the old news reports about the grow ops and the LE reports on that in the news media are all over the place.

KR2 has said that she did try, why DS didn't pipe up, I do not know.

"You try to get a hold of everybody, nobody's answering. Um, we're calling, leaving messages, he was supposed to be at work,” Kendra told FOX 19 in Cincinnati. “Well, then 12 o'clock came around, he was supposed to be on break. My dad never ignored me.”

http://fox45now.com/news/local/rhoden-family-member-speaks-about-pike-county-murders

Kendra Rhoden wonders if the loaded gun her dad kept near his head while he slept was also taken. She also doesn’t understand why her light-sleeping father wasn’t startled awake before he was shot once in the right eye. To her, that indicates he must have known or trusted his killer.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/07/22/pike-county-family-clings-hope/87337798/

Thank you. I understood KR2’s comment to mean they were calling Kenneth’s cell phone.

This is just an example-my cousins little boy had a seizure and stopped breathing. She couldn’t get a hold of her husband on his cell phone because he wasn’t answering while at work. She then called the actually facility he worked at and someone in the office went and got him.

Perhaps they did call KR’s actual employer, I’m not sure. I’m sure it was chaos all around. And I’m in no way judging as I can’t imagine being in the family’s shoes. It’s just a question I hope to one day know the answer to.

I’d also like to know who DS was with the night prior, when he didn’t stay the night with KR. IMO, that may or may not be a partial explanation for the GPS warrant w/the red truck a year later.

Thank you. I understood KR2’s comment to mean they were calling Kenneth’s cell phone.

This is just an example-my cousins little boy had a seizure and stopped breathing. She couldn’t get a hold of her husband on his cell phone because he wasn’t answering while at work. She then called the actually facility he worked at and someone in the office went and got him.

Perhaps they did call KR’s actual employer, I’m not sure. I’m sure it was chaos all around. And I’m in no way judging as I can’t imagine being in the family’s shoes. It’s just a question I hope to one day know the answer to.

I’d also like to know who DS was with the night prior, when he didn’t stay the night with KR. IMO, that may or may not be a partial explanation for the GPS warrant w/the red truck a year later.

Idk if they called work or not, it isn't really clear, but, even with spotty cell coverage, most of these operations would have a satellite phone or cb radio in the foreman's truck, who would likely check in at lunch time. KR2 does not say anything about leaving a message with the company, and getting a call from KR's foreman, that KR didn't show up for work that day. Only that she didn't recieve a call from him, at lunch time, and that he never ignored her. If she'd left an emergency message then surely a foreman, would have phoned her, when he check in at lunch time.

I haven’t but checked it out today after you shared-thank you! Did you notice it’s showing the UHR as being Scioto County? Probably just a system fluke.

DR's two lots are both in Scioto. UHR encompasses an odd little piece of the area that is part in Adams, Pike, and Scioto. LM lives in Adams, DR lived in Scioto, and CR1, FR and HHG, lived in Pike (GR was found in Pike), and KR was right on the line of Pike and Scioto. That property address and zip shows in Scioto but, it is registered in Pike County's PVA site.

DR's two lots are both in Scioto. UHR encompasses an odd little piece of the area that is part in Adams, Pike, and Scioto. LM lives in Adams, DR lived in Scioto, and CR1, FR and HHG, lived in Pike (GR was found in Pike), and KR was right on the line of Pike and Scioto. That property address and zip shows in Scioto but, it is registered in Pike County's PVA site.

I had no idea. I always thought hers was in Adams for some reason. I knew the counties changed quite a bit on UHR but for some reason didn’t know about Scioto. Is that why Pike County had jurisdiction over Dana’s - because it’s registered in the Pike County PVA site?

I had no idea. I always thought hers was in Adams for some reason. I knew the counties changed quite a bit on UHR but for some reason didn’t know about Scioto. Is that why Pike County had jurisdiction over Dana’s - because it’s registered in the Pike County PVA site?

DR's is registered in Scioto County's PVA. CR1's place, at the collection of parcels called 4077, is registered in Pike. KR's place is clearly in Scioto, but is under Pike. Manley's property is under Adam's Pva, but they have a trailer listed under Pike. FR's trailer has never appeared to be on CR1's land, but seems to be in Pike. It's an odd little corner there.

DR's is registered in Scioto County's PVA. CR1's place, at the collection of parcels called 4077, is registered in Pike. KR's place is clearly in Scioto, but is under Pike. Manley's property is under Adam's Pva, but they have a trailer listed under Pike. FR's trailer has never appeared to be on CR1's land, but seems to be in Pike. It's an odd little corner there.

Very odd. I’m curious why Scioto County wouldn’t be involved in the investigation alongside Pike County. Also, I’m surprised the land owners that surrounds all of the 4077 address never tried to buy out CR1 and his brothers small parcel there.

Very odd. I’m curious why Scioto County wouldn’t be involved in the investigation alongside Pike County. Also, I’m surprised the land owners that surrounds all of the 4077 address never tried to buy out CR1 and his brothers small parcel there.

I think that they have to some degree. Especially in the earlier stages and they may still share data. All three counties have high poverty rates so I'd guess that their LE departments are not huge. If theirs is similar to ours, they're not running on the latest and greatest equipment/software/internet speeds either. I can only imagine if this happened in my county.

Maybe they did try. As another possibility to what caused these murders, It looks like the junk and cars were spreading to the property behind the Rhoden lots. Maybe someone complained to CR1 and were told to go to *ell....

Maybe they did try. As another possibility to what caused these murders, It looks like the junk and cars were spreading to the property behind the Rhoden lots. Maybe someone complained to CR1 and were told to go to *ell....

That’s probably a possibility. Looking at the arial photos, it doesn’t look like CR1 kept all his stuff on his own land. It was for sure scattered over property lines, from what I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99