OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've restarted from the beginning and am rereading all the threads because I'm sure there is a lot of info I've forgotten. I wish the people that were commenting early on would come back and give their opinions now that is two years out and counting. A person that I've had on my radar since the beginning is mentioned early on and hasn't been discussed in quite some time. Maybe it's against TOS, I'm not sure yet. I think the TOS are a hindrance in this case, but I understand why they are in place. If any of you that were commenting early on and are still lurking, please give us an update on your thoughts. TIA

I've restarted from the beginning and am rereading all the threads because I'm sure there is a lot of info I've forgotten. I wish the people that were commenting early on would come back and give their opinions now that is two years out and counting. A person that I've had on my radar since the beginning is mentioned early on and hasn't been discussed in quite some time. Maybe it's against TOS, I'm not sure yet. I think the TOS are a hindrance in this case, but I understand why they are in place. If any of you that were commenting early on and are still lurking, please give us an update on your thoughts. TIA

What thread are you on? I’m curious lol. I’ve been rereading old threads as well.

I also have a new theory on KR. It’ll probably change by tomorrow because I constantly change my mind in this case. I always have. And yes-TOS make it very tough in this case. It’s almost impossible to not break them sometimes because there are so many victims and so many players w/so little confirmed info.

What thread are you on? I’m curious lol. I’ve been rereading old threads as well.

I also have a new theory on KR. It’ll probably change by tomorrow because I constantly change my mind in this case. I always have. And yes-TOS make it very tough in this case. It’s almost impossible to not break them sometimes because there are so many victims and so many players w/so little confirmed info.

I'm on the very first one. I want to reread at least the first couple of weeks, maybe the first month. DeWine and Reader seem very confident very early on that day the Rhoden family were targeted. The FBI reached out, they are on standby if needed, but not directly involved.(I think they need to be). That was at the first presser that day. Most people here seemed convinced it was a close family member and would be caught quickly.

I have been following this case since the beginning. I have gone a full 360 with my most likely suspects, At first, I assumed a family member was the killer, then began to think it drug related, then a drug related professional hit.

After evaluating the crime, the circumstances and the people involved, I am back to suspecting JW and his brother.

They had motive, they had access and their behavior has been suspicious from the beginning.

I think the motive was jealousy, control, child custody and pure anger.

The entire family was killed because Wagoner hated them, he feared them and he knew he could not beat them in custody court or in a fist fight.

He killed HR out of jealousy and his desire to control her. He killed the others to 1) prevent them from identify him as HR's killer and 2) he knew that if any of the R men were left alive, they would kill him in revenge.

He may have alleged one of the R's were molesters or abusers to get his family on board, or perhaps his brother just helped on his own.

I dont think this crime is very complicated. I think LE knows who the killers are, but they dont have enough evidence to go to trial.

I'm on the very first one. I want to reread at least the first couple of weeks, maybe the first month. DeWine and Reader seem very confident very early on that day the Rhoden family were targeted. The FBI reached out, they are on standby if needed, but not directly involved.(I think they need to be). That was at the first presser that day. Most people here seemed convinced it was a close family member and would be caught quickly.

Drugs are also mentioned here that very first day as a possible motive. This is before the grow announcement by DeWine. Another thing I've been thinking about...I noticed during the Kentucky Derby and Saturday's race, the winning jockey wears pants with Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse written on them. It reminds me of Ruby withdrawing his reward $ saying it was due to the criminal aspects that came to light. I can't imagine he would withdraw over a small weed grow that someone was selling to the locals for extra $. I think a Rhoden is very involved and some sort of harder drug is involved somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if W's are involved in someway, if not directly. I've always had a feeling that two different parties came together for their common purpose. It also appears to me someone tried to set up at least JM and possibly others. I'm also wondering if all the drama the family was involved in was part of the staging. I recall LM stating in an interview early on the family had been under pressure since the beginning of the year. I'd love to know exactly what all the fights were about.

I have been following this case since the beginning. I have gone a full 360 with my most likely suspects, At first, I assumed a family member was the killer, then began to think it drug related, then a drug related professional hit.

After evaluating the crime, the circumstances and the people involved, I am back to suspecting JW and his brother.

They had motive, they had access and their behavior has been suspicious from the beginning.

The entire family was killed because Wagoner hated them, he feared them and he knew he could not beat them in custody court or in a fist fight.

He killed HR out of jealousy and his desire to control her. He killed the others to 1) prevent them from identify him as HR's killer and 2) he knew that if any of the R men were left alive, they would kill him in revenge.

He may have alleged one of the R's were molesters or abusers to get his family on board, or perhaps his brother just helped on his own.

I dont think this crime is very complicated. I think LE knows who the killers are, but they dont have enough evidence to go to trial.

I think you're completely right. Thank you. As a domestic abuse survivor and volunteer and in the court systems and thru cases I've been around, this has all the earmarks of domestic violence. It's when a man realizes it's finally over and he can't control her anymore and can't have his kids all to himself, is when he murders her or murders the kids to punish her. Does anyone recall if the W's were the family that owned the crime scene recovery business or it was it a different family?

I think you're completely right. Thank you. As a domestic abuse survivor and volunteer and in the court systems and thru cases I've been around, this has all the earmarks of domestic violence. It's when a man realizes it's finally over and he can't control her anymore and can't have his kids all to himself, is when he murders her or murders the kids to punish her. Does anyone recall if the W's were the family that owned the crime scene recovery business or it was it a different family?

I fear for the lady that is with JW now and any lady ever mixed up with either of the W's. I fear the year LE seems to have wasted not investigating the W's, at least not with the "laser focus" they developed after they moved. means they will never get enough evidence to convict.

If JW is guilty, he had to have been planning it for a quite a while and prepared for a lot. I can't imagine the evil and hatred that required.

I've made it into the day after the murders in re-reading the very first thread here and although there is confusion among sleuthers as to whom exactly is HMR's ex, he seems to be a major suspect. There is talk of HMR's sadness and mentions of domestic violence on her Facebook. I've often wondered why the men in her family let that go on for so long. I imagine they had finally had enough of it. I remember CG having the ultrasound pic of K on his facebook page. Facebook seems good for setting off a lot of jealousy in relationships with children involved especially. I've seen it time and again.

Drugs are also mentioned here that very first day as a possible motive. This is before the grow announcement by DeWine. Another thing I've been thinking about...I noticed during the Kentucky Derby and Saturday's race, the winning jockey wears pants with Jeff Ruby's Steakhouse written on them. It reminds me of Ruby withdrawing his reward $ saying it was due to the criminal aspects that came to light. I can't imagine he would withdraw over a small weed grow that someone was selling to the locals for extra $. I think a Rhoden is very involved and some sort of harder drug is involved somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if W's are involved in someway, if not directly. I've always had a feeling that two different parties came together for their common purpose. It also appears to me someone tried to set up at least JM and possibly others. I'm also wondering if all the drama the family was involved in was part of the staging. I recall LM stating in an interview early on the family had been under pressure since the beginning of the year. I'd love to know exactly what all the fights were about.

Good eye on the jockey's advertising! Ruby said as much that it wasn't about the weed. He's done this type of thing before with putting up rewards. Something about this spooked him.

I've been looking back through old threads and re-reading notes too. Amazing what browsing old threads will bring to mind! In the beginning I was reading fast and trying to keep up, it's different now.

That was a different family. It was actually HMR’s current boyfriend at the time (CH’s) family who owned that business.

Another thing to consider with crime scene clean up, LE does not contact or handle that. That is left on the family and a lot of times covered by house insurance. I would imagine that since LE has kept the trailers that no crime scene clean up was ever done. If it was, it was probably internal on LE’s side of things for crime scene preservation.

If JW is guilty, he had to have been planning it for a quite a while and prepared for a lot. I can't imagine the evil and hatred that required.

Could that be why he put the crib together for HMR (if he really did)? So he could get a layout of the inside of the new house?

I've made it into the day after the murders in re-reading the very first thread here and although there is confusion among sleuthers as to whom exactly is HMR's ex, he seems to be a major suspect. There is talk of HMR's sadness and mentions of domestic violence on her Facebook. I've often wondered why the men in her family let that go on for so long. I imagine they had finally had enough of it. I remember CG having the ultrasound pic of K on his facebook page. Facebook seems good for setting off a lot of jealousy in relationships with children involved especially. I've seen it time and again.

In regards to the domestic violence and it’s JMO, I think the men in that family let it go because they didn’t want to jeopardize anything when it came to custody. If CR1 & FR gave JW the *advertiser censored* whooping that they probably wanted to give, that would look bad for HMR in custody court and the W’s could have used that against her. That’s just what I think though.

That was a different family. It was actually HMR’s current boyfriend at the time (CH’s) family who owned that business.

Another thing to consider with crime scene clean up, LE does not contact or handle that. That is left on the family and a lot of times covered by house insurance. I would imagine that since LE has kept the trailers that no crime scene clean up was ever done. If it was, it was probably internal on LE’s side of things for crime scene preservation.[/QUOTE

Oh ok. I couldn't recall which family owned that. For some reason it won't let me thank you.

Do you think they could have enough circumstantial evidence though? I sometimes wonder that and think they don’t pursue charges out of fear of not getting a conviction on circumstantial evidence.

Well they did eventually do that. Its been discussed before how everyone else thought KR was at work where he couldn't use his phone. The one anomaly in that situation is with DS who apparently knew KR wasn't going to work that day. Why he didn't say something sooner is odd.

This is something that has always rubbed me wrong....DS knew he wasn't working and never bothered to check on him when no one could get ahold of him..there is something very off about DS in this

I found an interesting video on a FB page called Real Rhoden Family Massacre Talk....I joined the group and just watched this..it takes you on a tour of the area of DR's house site them down the street to CR's/ FR's ..it shows how very rural it was and how someone would have had to know their way around to get there especially at night....don't want to take it off page since I just joined but anyone curious can join and view it

I found an interesting video on a FB page called Real Rhoden Family Massacre Talk....I joined the group and just watched this..it takes you on a tour of the area of DR's house site them down the street to CR's/ FR's ..it shows how very rural it was and how someone would have had to know their way around to get there especially at night....don't want to take it off page since I just joined but anyone curious can join and view it

There’s some great ones on YouTube. If you search “Union Hill Road Ohio”, it should take you to the first one. That user has a couple other videos as well going to two other locations-the W’s and Hillside Nursing Home.

Also, here’s one Jody Barr did. I’ve not seen it in the timeline, but I could’ve missed it. This is the only link for the video and takes you to the video published on his professional fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/100001149886480/videos/1295706380477679/

There’s some great ones on YouTube. If you search “Union Hill Road Ohio”, it should take you to the first one. That user has a couple other videos as well going to two other locations-the W’s and Hillside Nursing Home.

Also, here’s one Jody Barr did. I’ve not seen it in the timeline, but I could’ve missed it. This is the only link for the video and takes you to the video published on his professional fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/100001149886480/videos/1295706380477679/

Interesting that the lettering on the sign is backward on the first part. Then upside down, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindzk86