OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is blaming them for their own murders. It's not like the R's asked someone to kill them. But something they were doing led to their murders so they actively participated in the events that led to their deaths. Even if the deaths were over child custody then the R's had to participate in an altercation that led to the bitterness that arose between them and JW or at least HR did. You know as close as the R's were that if HR was embroiled in a bitter custody battle the others would be also by virtue of that tight family relationship. By saying they may have been involved in drug trafficking is not blaming them for their own murders. You have to view this realistically. People sometimes make mistakes and get involved in things that are dangerous. Whole families are not killed for no reason.

As far as custody of SW goes, LM and wife are up there in age, GR is also, TR seems to be living in a campground as a single man, the sisters live out of state, we don't know much about BR but KR was a young girl trying to work and go to college besides being a second cousin to SW which would be viewed as a distant relative. We can assume JM was also suspect by the tracking device and BJM I don't think can take care of herself let alone a child as she had no definite job and KC has been rumored to have drug problems besides being involved in an earlier murder. JW is her father so he had first call on the custody issue. Because he may be suspected of having something to do with the murders won't hold up in court. In this country the court views you as innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That's why the court gave him custody IMO.

JMO

Yes, they were still involved in a custody battle over HR's child, but I still disagree that they brought the massacre of their entire immediate family upon themselves because of it. Maybe some people feel better about an unsolved murder of 8 family members if they can find a way to say those victims could have prevented their own deaths, but most would probably disagree.

If the argument that Rhodens brought their deaths upon themselves supports the theory that locals or other family members killed them, it's only fair to offer some more evidence and arguments that explain why LE is focused on the W family and how the killing team developed their advanced murder skills and why LE and the AGO are still stumped and the federal agents are on the outside of the investigaiton.

I don't think anyone is blaming them for their own murders. It's not like the R's asked someone to kill them. But something they were doing led to their murders so they actively participated in the events that led to their deaths. Even if the deaths were over child custody then the R's had to participate in an altercation that led to the bitterness that arose between them and JW or at least HR did. You know as close as the R's were that if HR was embroiled in a bitter custody battle the others would be also by virtue of that tight family relationship. By saying they may have been involved in drug trafficking is not blaming them for their own murders. You have to view this realistically. People sometimes make mistakes and get involved in things that are dangerous. Whole families are not killed for no reason.

As far as custody of SW goes, LM and wife are up there in age, GR is also, TR seems to be living in a campground as a single man, the sisters live out of state, we don't know much about BR but KR was a young girl trying to work and go to college besides being a second cousin to SW which would be viewed as a distant relative. We can assume JM was also suspect by the tracking device and BJM I don't think can take care of herself let alone a child as she had no definite job and KC has been rumored to have drug problems besides being involved in an earlier murder. JW is her father so he had first call on the custody issue. Because he may be suspected of having something to do with the murders won't hold up in court. In this country the court views you as innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That's why the court gave him custody IMO.

JMO

I'm pretty much with ya, but JM and wife, were in their early to mid 60s. Younger than many, who are taking care of grandchildren, left behind by an addicted, deceased, or incarcerated, child(ren). BJM has two children of her own, both teens at the time of the murders. Remember, she was seeing one off to the bus, prior to arriving at the murder scenes. I think she's kinda, what we call, backward, or naive, but not mentally handicapped. She drives, took care of the R properties, and worked fast food (or so her FB profile stated), and raised two children of her own, living on her own. Showed no fear rollin' up in those trailers either.

If one of the M family members had been the biological father and not been charged with a crime then the court would have no reason to deny custody.

I suppose that's true, but I'm not sure where you're going with it. No one in the M family is suspected of murder, so... JMO, it still doesn't let the Pike County judge off the hook. Even if you believe the judge was justified in allowing JW have permanent custody of S while he was under investigation for the murders of 8 people, it doesn't excuse his failure to revoke that custody once LE decided the entire family were "laser focus". JMO, the judge dropped the ball, as did many other people involved in this case. If, for example, the victims and minor child were white and the former boyfriend/suspected murderer of 8 people was black or Hispanic, the decision probably would have been different.

JMO, but whoever arrived at Chris’ Sr’s, was not only seen by CR1 (per unredacted preliminary autopsy reports) but also had to be let in by CR1 (no forced entry per Dewine/Reader). That itself is very telling that at least, CR1 knew his killer. CR1 trusted that person enough to not only let them in his home but also enough to somehow end up in the bedroom with the door shut before he was shot. JMHO.

Also, since we know from media articles that Chris was awake and saw his killer(a) arrive that also tells us he didn’t feel threatened. He didn’t call 911 nor did he arm himself to fend off a possible attack. The man didn’t see what was coming. JMHO.

Also adding-Reader stated himself that LE believed the killers were local.

I believe this to be true of KR. He knew them. If for no other reason than the dog, and I'll not rehash the other reasons.

I'm pretty much with ya, but JM and wife, were in their early to mid 60s. Younger than many, who are taking care of grandchildren, left behind by an addicted, deceased, or incarcerated, child(ren). BJM has two children of her own, both teens at the time of the murders. Remember, she was seeing one off to the bus, prior to arriving at the murder scenes. I think she's kinda, what we call, backward, or naive, but not mentally handicapped. She drives, took care of the R properties, and worked fast food (or so her FB profile stated), and raised two children of her own, living on her own. Showed no fear rollin' up in those trailers either.

Are you saying BJM should have tried to get custody of the HMR's and FR's children? If so, do we know that she didn't? IIRC, LE and courts kept a lot of that info secret. The only info we're aware of is what showed up in the news media. IIRC, many here were harshly critical of those who were interested in gaining custody, also critical of those who didn't make an attempt. I'm confused. What does this have to do with finding the killers and bringing them to justice? Not saying it isn't related in some way, I'm just not clear on the connection. Thanks!

I believe this to be true of KR. He knew them. If for no other reason than the dog, and I'll not rehash the other reasons.
I agree. KR2 also said KR kept a gun at the head of his bed. Something made him not grab for it-I’m not sure what that was though. I have a couple theories about that.

Yes, they were still involved in a custody battle over HR's child, but I still disagree that they brought the massacre of their entire immediate family upon themselves because of it. Maybe some people feel better about an unsolved murder of 8 family members if they can find a way to say those victims could have prevented their own deaths, but most would probably disagree.

If the argument that Rhodens brought their deaths upon themselves supports the theory that locals or other family members killed them, it's only fair to offer some more evidence and arguments that explain why LE is focused on the W family and how the killing team developed their advanced murder skills and why LE and the AGO are still stumped and the federal agents are on the outside of the investigaiton.
I personally don’t think we know either way if the R’s played a role in their own murders.

Could they have? Sadly, yes. IF these murders boil down to illegal business deals then sadly some victims will have played a roll, most likely the two patriarch brothers, JMO. OR POSSIBLY the troubled cousin from KY had trouble follow him. That however would never and should never mean that any of them were deserving of murder.

I stopped following this case a long time ago when it went cold but I follow Dayton Daily on Twitter since I grew up there and saw this. I see you guys were already on to the family members but it's shocking to me since I haven't followed it

I stopped following this case a long time ago when it went cold but I follow Dayton Daily on Twitter since I grew up there and saw this. I see you guys were already on to the family members but it's shocking to me since I haven't followed it

They were in my top 5, but I was hoping, for S, that it would not be them. Though, if this horror happened, solely over custody, I will be surprised.

Are you saying BJM should have tried to get custody of the HMR's and FR's children? If so, do we know that she didn't? IIRC, LE and courts kept a lot of that info secret. The only info we're aware of is what showed up in the news media. IIRC, many here were harshly critical of those who were interested in gaining custody, also critical of those who didn't make an attempt. I'm confused. What does this have to do with finding the killers and bringing them to justice? Not saying it isn't related in some way, I'm just not clear on the connection. Thanks!

Nope, I was responding to this part of Raisn's post;
and BJM I don't think can take care of herself let alone a child as she had no definite job

BJM is not unable to care for herself, let alone a child. She is a functioning adult, not mentally handicapped and unable to care for others. I think folks have discounted BJM's abilities far to much, and she's been the source of jokes in the media, and I don't like it one little bit. That, is ALL I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin