OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a rural area of Appalachia, population 1400. Derby is also popular here. They compete for the prize money and for bragging rights. Also- and I haven't heard this mentioned- but people will bet on the drivers- so there is gambling involved. They do have dog fights and chicken fights- also things that are bet on. People grow pot, make and run moonshine and there are about 6 families- and everyone is related in some form or fashion to them. Outsiders- non "locals" are not trusted and it takes years to gain entry into the "clan". The families have a LOT of rivals. There is a LOT of inter marriage, so this generation in- almost everyone is related to everyone else in some form or fashion. We have not had this type thing happen here- but there have been a lot of vandalism, car thefts, fist fights, name calling etc. over the years. I could tell you some stories. For something like this to happen here seems very likely to me and for that reason I truly think this is going to be a family dispute with another family. I don't think its going to be a cartel or any big time money operation- but someone that got slighted over something and got his family together to "take care of business" Just my opinion

While I understand why... Locals are being VERY quiet. I've watched cases where LE is.. It's very odd to me how quiet everyone else is. They must be absolutely terrified.
Yeah the things that have even come out there haven't been huge things either.

Another thing to chew on:

The person leading this assault was so familiar to the victims, that even if they had woken up or gotten out of bed to answer the door, the first question they would have asked is "Hey, what's up, what are you doing here ? "

I don't understand why people don't use the privacy settings on their social media pages, especially FB. It's horrible that so many people know intimate details about these poor people and their family/friends from FB.

It looks as though the victims' and many of their family/friends' FB posts from this year have been purged. Most end in late 2015.

It looks as though the victims' and many of their family/friends' FB posts from this year have been purged. Most end in late 2015.
You usually find their posts by searching their name and then things will pop up.

I am sorry but I don't trust this AG. I didn't think he said this particular information was false but he did say some of the rumors aren't true. That is totally understandable because rumors in every case seem to be rampant and some do believe they are true when they aren't. Some on SM are just attention seekers. The site that will not be named is the worst I have seen since its totally unmoderated and mostly a free for all and sometimes FB posts are just as bad.

I see no reason for Mr. Stone to lie about how he found his friend, Kenneth. I believe him, and not the AG if he said Kenneth wasn't found this way.

IMO
I'm just saying, it was the only thing he'd allude to that was untrue. I don't know what to think. Bill Cunningham interviewed him on 700WLW today. I may have mis-heard but Cunningham asked him specifically about the money and the AG was dismissive about it, and at the re-cap Cunningham said it was the only rumor the AG seemed to dispel. I'm not saying that Stone lied but it's odd that AG is dismissive of that one item and that one item is on that one particular UK paper that is known for being a "rag".

Something strange, but I could just be putting things together that do not exist . . .

Something was said about a three thousand derby car, that's what this could be over?
Well, this article and one of the people in it actually has a derby car named "3K."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...nt-end-in-ohio-massacre.html?via=twitter_page

I have this feeling some things being reported in the media is similar to the telephone game of our elementary days.

For any locals on the thread: are there any known prominent families in this particular area? I know the community has been painted as struggling but are there some families that aren't and who might be living well and better than others?

There is a Uranium enrichment plant there...which was supposed to boom the economy with a cutting edge new technology but in 2015 that was halted and it was a big blow to the region.

I believe those who have money in the county probably live in the village of Waverly. North of Piketon. Google Waverly and at least read the WIKi page for it. It's a great read to give you an idea of the history and why the area seems "backwards" to today's forward thoughts.

Sorry OT, KKearns is that a new avatar? I love it!
:eek:fftopic:

I'm just saying, it was the only thing he'd allude to that was untrue. I don't know what to think. Bill Cunningham interviewed him on 700WLW today. I may have mis-heard but Cunningham asked him specifically about the money and the AG was dismissive about it, and at the re-cap Cunningham said it was the only rumor the AG seemed to dispel. I'm not saying that Stone lied but it's odd that AG is dismissive of that one item and that one item is on that one particular UK paper that is known for being a "rag".
This AG has said things though and something comes out later. I wouldn't be surprised if this is true of he actually said it. Not sure why he would lie about it.

Something strange, but I could just be putting things together that do not exist . . .

Something was said about a three thousand derby car, that's what this could be over?
Well, this article and one of the people in it actually has a derby car named "3K."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...nt-end-in-ohio-massacre.html?via=twitter_page

I have this feeling some things being reported in the media is similar to the telephone game of our elementary days.

This article lists those deceased and doesn't mention HR or HG..

"In all the dead are: Frankie and Chris Jr.; their father, Chris Sr.; his ex-wife, Dana Rhoden; Chris Sr.’s brother, Kenneth, and their cousin, Gary."

It what way? Do you think he did it?

His story seems off to me.Subject to change as more comes out though.

The main issue is DS did not stay over at KR's as planned to work on cars in morning and doesn't show up until after noon. If he couldn't get a hold of KR, might it have been easier to have local relative, one live very close or police do a wellness check? Maybe it just how I'd deal with things, so it makes no sense how they did.

If the Rhoden's were working with LE having anything to do with cleaning up corruption and they died because of it.. It will be a **** storm for the local LE and the entire state.

This is why is wonder if the message sent by these deaths was directed, not only to other snitches, but also to LE. Very dangerous situation, especially as it seems Reader has been working very hard to clean up the drug trafficking, etc. The Chillicothe Gazette story from yesterday mentioned Reader was using undercover officers. If true, this may be why DeWine and other LE are keeping information close to the vest and being very careful about what they say. Can you imagine being an undercover officer in the midst of this mess, esp if there are still other corrupt officers around?

Lol I totally said that a few hundred pages ago. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member