OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'm surprised that none of us picked up on. In the comment section of this news article, http://highlandcountypress.com/Cont...nvestigators-search-for-answers-/12/106/32693 there is a comment about the commentator's cabin 1.3 miles from the Rhoden compound and that his brother was 'in the woods' and "heard gunshots" "before sunrise".

This got me thinking and reminded me that, oh yeah. Turkey Season is currently underway in Ohio (http://trekohio.com/ohio-turkey-hunting-season/).

NO WONDER no one would have thought anything of hearing gunshots. The one who would have made note of it was the brother who would have been in the woods and it would have been significant to him because you can not officially take any birds until 1/2 hour before sunrise (1/2 hour before sunrise until noon are the allowed hunting hours).
That many shots is a lot for turkeys though. One shot and you miss and they are gone and you have to let them calm down and stalk again. Noises make turkeys scatter easily.

I saw that comment and then checked it out. He does own 9 acres and it is by DR house. It is in Scioto county as is DR house.
If I were him, I would want my comment deleted and for sure stay out of Pike County for awhile and also make sure I'm protected and surveillance at my house and an alarm system.

I wish he hadn't given details on himself and his brother..

I so agree this is CYA OR they know danger is still out there , on my end I think CYA!!
Maybe you misunderstood my post, I am not implying nor do I believe this is CYA,!
I believe the statewide request is due to a large (VERY LARGE)
Group/area/threat/protection that is at a level larger than staffing .

This entire case is just bizarre. When the list of gunshot wounds came out it almost seemed like the killers were playing a game...1 victim with 1, 1 victim with 2, 2 with 3, 1 with 4, 2 with 5... and then 9. It's sickening.
Then there's the money strewn about KR'S legs. None of it makes any sense whatsoever

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I do not know why, I wonder if the money thing (knees) is accurate. I wonder if he is not posturing for a paid Nat ENquire deal !!

I have a friend like that too. We haven't hung out for years because our relationship is strained due to the drugs. The crowd she hangs out with scare me and I also worry about finding her dead. I'm not saying everyone here is vilifying them, but there are some comments on certain media sites where the victims are being vilified. People need to show some respect for the dead, but yes, I agree that the drug world is a very dangerous world to get into. I wouldn't want any part of it.

That is all I have been saying! This is not the boy scouts!

That many shots is a lot for turkeys though. One shot and you miss and they are gone and you have to let them calm down and stalk again. Noises make turkeys scatter easily.

You are correct. But living out in the country I can tell you that if I heard gunshots (even multiples) during any hunting season I would give it a second thought.

You are correct. But living out in the country I can tell you that if I heard gunshots (even multiples) during any hunting season I would give it a second thought.
I've lived in the country, spent a lot of time growing up, including summers out in the country.. Certain things would get my attention in my area I knew that might not on another area.

I've been out hiring before, but never actually hunted. Where I lived and places I spent a lot of time, a lot of shooting would get my attention, but a few shots wouldn't.

The guy that was there hunting, that was their cabin, do they aren't used to everyday. But I would have to say if I was out for turkey hunting and I thought someone was in the woods shooting a lot like that at turkeys, I would be worried about idiots not knowing what they were doing and me getting shot by accident lol

I think she called her dad before 911 too. She obviously was not alone on the phone. I really don't fault her with that. I may have done the same thing. I can't imagine the shock of it all! I am mostly confused that Leonard indicated she found Frankie and Hannah and then found Gary and Chris, but she doesn't even mention Frankie and Hannah on the phone. Maybe it is just all due to the shock of it all.

I am finding this case so disturbing. All of these people were fairly young....some extremely young. I look at their Facebook pictures.....like many other's Facebook pics of family and their lives....and it just breaks my heart. I understand they may have been involved in illegal activities and they seem to have the "tough guy" attitude. But, they seem like good people who are rough around the edges and so much of that can come from the way they grew up. I know people who would not be considered "model citizens" but who have big hearts. Seeing their smiling faces and pictures and posts of everyday life, like moving and painting walls of their new place, or racing and winning trophies.....it is just so heartbreaking. Unfortunately, I am afraid their illegal activities may have put them in contact with the wrong people.

We cant foget that it took someone (S)! 32 bullets - this just does not sound like hitmen, or hunters, honestly it sounds like someone on some PCP that really lost there mind and cant aim. Heroin is space out, meth can agitate, but 32 shots sounds like PCP sorry ....................

I am way behind and on the last thread, have been trying to catch up for 2 nights (lost power last night) so I could explain a few things. It is going so fast, I may not catch up enough to explain certain things. I'm happy to see there are some people joining that understand the area. After a few days of me being frustrated and wanting to explain things I realized it's all one point really. Most of the people do not understand the culture one bit. I think you're all amazing and have followed this site for a few years actually, but a couple things.
Our family has keys to our house.
They help us take care of our animals.
Family is everything.
My dad was divorced from my mom for 28 years and was still welcome at family gatherings. They loved him. Once family, always family unless you cross them in a bad way. I have aunts by marriage my uncle divorced 30 years ago. They still come to family gatherings too AND i call them my aunts. Hence, Bobbi calling him her brother in law.
My family has family living next to each other. Bet your behind if I find a someone dead, I'm running to my cousin's next door not only to check on them, but for protection. Cops don't get there quick enough.
Guns are normal;.
I could go on and on, but I want to get caught up on today's posts. Most are going to have to think outside the box on this due to the cultural difference.

We cant foget that it took someone (S)! 32 bullets - this just does not sound like hitmen, or hunters, honestly it sounds like someone on some PCP that really lost there mind and cant aim. Heroin is space out, meth can agitate, but 32 shots sounds like PCP sorry ....................
The nine shots could have been a torture thing or rage overkill.

I've lived in the country, spent a lot of time growing up, including summers out in the country.. Certain things would get my attention in my area I knew that might not on another area.

I've been out hiring before, but never actually hunted. Where I lived and places I spent a lot of time, a lot of shooting would get my attention, but a few shots wouldn't.

The guy that was there hunting, that was their cabin, do they aren't used to everyday. But I would have to say if I was out for turkey hunting and I thought someone was in the woods shooting a lot like that at turkeys, I would be worried about idiots not knowing what they were doing and me getting shot by accident lol

Yes, we're on the same page. If I were out hunting and I heard multiple shots, I would think that 'someone was getting and early start' and I worry about idiots dumb enough to fire off bunches of shots being in the woods with me but I would never conclude that I'd just heard a murder.

I am way behind and on the last thread, have been trying to catch up for 2 nights (lost power last night) so I could explain a few things. It is going so fast, I may not catch up enough to explain certain things. I'm happy to see there are some people joining that understand the area. After a few days of me being frustrated and wanting to explain things I realized it's all one point really. Most of the people do not understand the culture one bit. I think you're all amazing and have followed this site for a few years actually, but a couple things.
Family is everything.
My dad was divorced from my mom for 28 years and was still welcome at family gatherings. They loved him. Once family, always family unless you cross them in a bad way. I have aunts by marriage my uncle divorced 30 years ago. They still come to family gatherings too AND i call them my aunts. Hence, Bobbi calling him her brother in law.
My family has family living next to each other. Bet your behind if I find a someone dead, I'm running to my cousin's next door not only to check on them, but for protection. Cops don't get there quick enough.
Guns are normal;.
I could go on and on, but I want to get caught up on today's posts. Most are going to have to think outside the box on this due to the cultural difference.

Certainly not a strange culture for anyone I know. Everyone I know would have family with keys for their house, most divorced people I know are still on speaking terms with ex's and often good friends. Guns normal I will never understand but then I don't live in america (although I do own guns but that is because I am a farmer).

I think we can safely say we now know for sure that they were killed with a handgun, not a shotgun. Gary had an open casket (really?!), according to his father. And he had 3 gunshot wounds to the head. A shotgun would have obliterated his head. But he was able to have an open casket, and they were able to determine there were three entry wounds. So that means a handgun.

That will create spatter. Someone has some REALLY bloody clothes somewhere. And someone was out very early that morning. Someone local HAS TO know something. I sure hope they start talking.

I am incredibly pro LE, with good reason, so this is not LE bashing but perplexed sleuthing - but one person keeps coming to mind who, it seems, would be well aware (if local LE was at all aware) of the Rhoden's interests, know how to maneuver like a professional, and has a motive - if needing a lot of money soon is indeed a possible motive. This is all speculation, but a person who fits this kind of profile would know how to commit crimes and not leave evidence. They would also have access to things like mace or pepper spray to make the dogs take off running. It could even be possible that a rogue LE person could have had designs on someone who rejected his advances and set off the fuse... Not naming anyone, but having done a bit of research, it wouldn't be the first time this kind of thing has happened,

I doubt it, but speculating if there was a gun by one of them and one of the Manley's removed it.

Hi Brwney

May change in 4 minutes, but that is where I am and if you think about kinda brillant if everyone keeps their mouths shut, and this is what happened it will never get solved, unless they are lying again in that there was a gun somewhere. But in the beginning it made sense that they could say no s/m in the beginning.

But as nothing happens, we dissect the call, and learn about Donald , and 32 shots much changes...well well some gun removal comes into the realm of credibilty IMO

Maybe she went in because the Rhodens' cars were there. Or maybe it was because she knew they were supposed to be up and about and everything was still and silent. That would prompt me to go inside.
If I came to my sister's house, knocked several times and got no answer on either cell or landline of course I'd go in. Especially if I was taking care of the animals.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Where I am confused is, at that point I never heard anything about dogs being "gone" . It took a day or so for that to get in the clutter, but does anyone know how when where?

Family is everything.
Guns are normal;.

I grew up in a similar county just a few counties away from Pike. I know many families in that area and in the area I live in now, that are exactly like the Rhodens. I have a 'clan' that lives less than 3 miles from my driveway complete with the trailers, cars dogs, chickens and most likely grow op.

One thing I got from talking with one of my friends who lives near Piketon is that although he did not know the Rhodens, everyone who he discussed it with basically said 'they were killed over marijuana' even before it was ever released that they had a grow op. Everyone in the small closed society communities knows everyone or knows of them.

I still think this will eventually lead to Kentucky.

I am incredibly pro LE, with good reason, so this is not LE bashing but perplexed sleuthing - but one person keeps coming to mind who, it seems, would be well aware (if local LE was at all aware) of the Rhoden's interests, know how to maneuver like a professional, and has a motive - if needing a lot of money soon is indeed a possible motive. This is all speculation, but a person who fits this kind of profile would know how to commit crimes and not leave evidence. They would also have access to things like mace or pepper spray to make the dogs take off running. It could even be possible that a rogue LE person could have had designs on someone who rejected his advances and set off the fuse... Not naming anyone, but having done a bit of research, it wouldn't be the first time this kind of thing has happened,
Didn't even think of that with the dogs. I'm a PO, and have sprayed a few dogs, and yes it sends most of them running. That is a possibility to get the dogs away!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The nine shots could have been a torture thing or rage overkill.

Torture to get information about what they were looking for. I keep wondering if Dana and her kids were collateral damage because they knew enough to know who the killer was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn