OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen the info on Gary. Is that from a news article and do you have a link?
There was information on Gary's criminal record, on the first thread likely, it was in KY. The other information came out but can't be discussed at this point.

I'm starting to think this wasn't connected to drugs/grow-op and this was more emotional/revenge/vigilante justice.

I don't think it was connected to the drugs/grow-up because now it's actually *exposed* it all when it was totally under the radar before all this.

If cartel, local competition, Kentucky boys were pissed off at this family or someone in the family the last thing they would do is perform such a grandiose murder to garner world news. The money would be gone, the plants would be gone, they'd draw attention/connections to themselves, they wouldn't need the headache or a trail leading back to them.

If it was other criminals they could easily just make them "disappear" without a trace without the grand shootout.

To me this has to be personal somehow within the connected families or community. Reasons come to mind: rejection from the business/not being included, humiliation (previous altercation with someone), a sexual assault/abuse and some vigilante justice, or just an "I'll show you" from a conflict.

JMO.
There is also the thought that someone could have wanted them out of business and this would do it.

That was my last free article for the Chillicothe Gazette

It asked questions about who would care for the kids, but didn't offer any answers. Had nursery rhymes mixed in.

Simply clear your browser's cookies and then you can read articles again.

My family for generations farmed in the Mississippi Delta. I understand to a small degree family clans & grudges

Here is my thoughts on the possible roots of the dispute:
The perps knew their victims very well.Perps had planned & stalked family biding their time to carry out the final solution.Perception was the victims had deprived the perps of a portion of their success (Perps were competitive & vilified them i.e. for gloating)They were extremely jealous of the Rhoden clans comfortable lifestyle.Rhoden family had lots of property perhaps some of which had at one time been in the perps family.Rhoden's had deposable income for hobbies & plenty of cash. Some of the Rhoden family were just plain cocky & they needed to be taught a lesson.Perps wanted to inflict max amount of retribution of multi-generational wrongs inflected by the clan.
:cow:

I can totally see this as well and the fact that you mention "taught a lesson" is close to what I think similar to a "we'll show you". Someone really wanted to prove a point that they "won" and they would have the final word (or solution as you mentioned).

Too bad some in the article have the need to make this about gun control. These are not gang members arming themselves with saturday night specials. These are people that have funds, grew up around guns and know how to use guns. They go on and on about carry permits but I'm willing to bet almost every household had a firearm. Registering them costs money. If they're not wearing seat belts- their not registering their guns.
We don't register here, but I'm strongly against registration and won't ever register. I fill out my federal forms and if they need to know what I have they can search their database, I'm not making a list for them.

Yes, I agree. That is a good guess too. Can I change my votes? I say Chris Jr, then Frankie, then Hanna. The kids will be key to this.

The reason I'm not going for the kids is Kenneth. Why would someone go so far out of the way to include him? I can't help but think that the timing had to do with Gary being in town. So I'm leaning toward CR Sr, GR and KR. Maybe DR and FR.

I do not know why.I do not think she actually "did" it. But there are parts of the call (key bugs me a lot) that just "feel" rehearsed. I am saying I think she had been hearing stuff that her family is danger let s say last two weeks. Did not really beleive it.

Then it happens. Now she is in a mess. Are you aware if any threats to your family? (lie no). I dont think I would be all that willing to let LE know everything if the people I suspect just blew away my whole family.

This is a family system that has no fondness of LE. Poor thing- she has got to be so wrecked ............

ah ha good job smc

BJM: The door was locked when we got here. But I know where the key was at. So I went in and they were laying on the floor. I'm down out. I'm staying outside right now.
Proper language coming from a hillbilly would be "I'm DONE out". Not down.

Gosh.. WV just reminded me, we watched the Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia again a couple of weeks ago..

Just looked that up. Sounds like an interesting doc, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Question about the Rhoden that called 911 in Kentucky a few days back and said he was being followed...

"Yes, ma'am. My name is Kenny Rhoden. There's somebody following me right now and chasing me," Rhoden said. "I fear for my life. I'm leaving the Speedway and heading toward Greenup and somebody's chasing me."

... Was that Gary's dad Kenneth? Or is this a THIRD Kenneth Rhoden?

This was the Cincinnati paper. You have to understand that most people in cities do NOT own guns and are horrified by the number of guns on the streets. Without passing judgment on anyone at all, I am shocked to read about all the people posting on this thread who say guns are an every day way of life. I don't know one person who owns a gun. Not one! (I guess maybe some of my relatives back in Ohio own hunting rifles. But I have lived in the suburbs of L.A. for 25 years and have never even seen a gun since I moved here). What is going on in Piketon is a TOTALLY different and completely shocking culture to most of us who live in L.A, Cincinnati, etc. I think that article just reflects the big-city mindset.
Totally funny thing.. Less legally armed citizens, more gun crime. If I'm going to do a home invasion or a robbery, I'm going to the places where they don't have guns.

If I want to do a mass shooting, I'm going where people are unarmed and sitting ducks, I'm not going to the range where I can walk in with a gun and no one blink. I might get one shot off there, two at the most.

Weird thing about criminals, they commit crime and prefer people that can't protect themselves. We have open carry here, I never open carry, but people aren't shooting people in the streets here.

This was the Cincinnati paper. You have to understand that most people in cities do NOT own guns and are horrified by the number of guns on the streets. Without passing judgment on anyone at all, I am shocked to read about all the people posting on this thread who say guns are an every day way of life. I don't know one person who owns a gun. Not one! (I guess maybe some of my relatives back in Ohio own hunting rifles. But I have lived in the suburbs of L.A. for 25 years and have never even seen a gun since I moved here). What is going on in Piketon is a TOTALLY different and completely shocking culture to most of us who live in L.A, Cincinnati, etc. I think that article just reflects the big-city mindset.

I'm one of those who is terrified of guns. I have only seen a real gun once in my life and it freaked the crap out of me! I was really uncomfortable. It was a registered gun that my boyfriend at the time's sister's husband owned. His sister and hubby lived in a more isolated, small community and we were up there visiting. That was well over 10 years ago, haven't seen one since lol! I'm in Canada too, so we don't have the gun history as much as the US.

I'm starting to think this wasn't connected to drugs/grow-op and this was more emotional/revenge/vigilante justice.

I don't think it was connected to the drugs/grow-up because now it's actually *exposed* it all when it was totally under the radar before all this.

If cartel, local competition, Kentucky boys were pissed off at this family or someone in the family the last thing they would do is perform such a grandiose murder to garner world news. The money would be gone, the plants would be gone, they'd draw attention/connections to themselves, they wouldn't need the headache or a trail leading back to them.

If it was other criminals they could easily just make them "disappear" without a trace without the grand shootout.

To me this has to be personal somehow within the connected families or community. Reasons come to mind: rejection from the business/not being included, humiliation (previous altercation with someone), a sexual assault/abuse and some vigilante justice, or just an "I'll show you" from a conflict.

JMO.

If you read Wiki article about Appalachian culture, it mentions about long history of clan clashes.

[/B]

With all due respect I disagree. These people all know each other. They all grew up together.....some just became cops. I don't think they have a disregard for LE. This is going to be a community that is very pro cop. Per TOS rules I can't go any more into how I know they would not be against the LEO's

Just looked that up. Sounds like an interesting doc, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!
It is crazy and some of the extreme culture and issues we have talked about on here concerning this. Just keep watching until the end.

It is very extreme.

Yes, I agree. That is a good guess too. Can I change my votes? I say Chris Jr, then Frankie, then Hanna. The kids will be key to this.

I'm torn...

I could see young kids having the bravado of the "don't mess with me/I'll show you" attitude that seems rampant these days but I can't see them doing the thought out planning unless a parent/older adult familiar with the law was involved.

If a couple of men were beat up prior it's hard to say if it happened defending themselves or as a torturous ordeal. If a torturous ordeal, I'm thinking vigilante justice.

We need to know who had 9 bullets put in them, still not sure that would help as it still doesn't explain slow death vs fighting back.

yup, this is a life style i understand, growing a bit of dope, is just a mortgage helper. Out door dope all is all harvested the same time, so the market gluts $400 an pound max .In door bit more profitable, but high overhead. I wish law enforcement would quit saying one plant is worth a $1000, it makes it sound like a good business to get into.
If the dogs get barking, its usually a coyote or some critter, so i just yell at them to quiet down. Why they went out of their way to kill a 16 year old, i do not understand. I think maybe just a clan situation.

Gosh.. WV just reminded me, we watched the Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia again a couple of weeks ago..
Lived one county over. Made me sick because people thought it was funny. That is reality though, or was a few years ago.

There is also the thought that someone could have wanted them out of business and this would do it.

I thought that too but then wouldn't it be way too obvious if there were new king pins stepping in? If someone wanted turf, the key family members/competition would've easily been made to just disappear couldn't they? This murder was LOUD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma