OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The day the bodies were found my husband was working in Piketon and heard about it before the news broke. The original story was that a 16 year old killed his mom, dad, brother, brother's girlfriend, and 2 kids and that he killed himself.. This whole ordeal has been confusing with conflicting information since the beginning. I have a hard time wrapping my head around it all.
Yeah one of Hannah's cousins was repeating that days later.

Just curious- Informal poll: Who do you think are the "main players" or "main targets" in this scenario? Or which person's connections do you think led to this tragedy?

Chris Sr - everybody he loved was killed. His best friend/cousin, his closest brother, his children and his on-again off-again wife.

Second choice - A tie for Frankie and Chris Junior because they were constantly involved in fights and conflict. A local interviewed in the Daily Mail article a few days ago said they were the ones selling the drugs too.

The day the bodies were found my husband was working in Piketon and heard about it before the news broke. The original story was that a 16 year old killed his mom, dad, brother, brother's girlfriend, and 2 kids and that he killed himself.. This whole ordeal has been confusing with conflicting information since the beginning. I have a hard time wrapping my head around it all.

WOW ! It would not be hard for anyone just to lift the gun from the scene and here we are on thread 6!!

Oh, and great thanx a lot I was just settling in wiht my theory!!

Now spinning again . Maybe the elders just found out about the plants - it was Jr and his peers, and they said get that off my property -- that means no more derbies, no more cars, etc etc

I remember a similar story. I definitely remember people thinking at least 2 kids were dead and that a family member had done it.

Chris Sr - everybody he loved was killed. His best friend/cousin, his closest brother, his children and his on-again off-again wife.

Second choice - A tie for Frankie and Chris Junior because they were constantly involved in fights and conflict. A local interviewed in the Daily Mail article a few days ago said they were the ones selling the drugs too.

I agree.

WOW ! It would not be hard for anyone just to lift the gun from the scene and here we are on thread 6!!

Oh, and great thanx a lot I was just settling in wiht my theory!!

Now spinning again . Maybe the elders just found out about the plants - it was Jr and his peers, and they said get that off my property -- that means no more derbies, no more cars, etc etc
No.. Chris knew about the grow operations. Gary had been busted in KY for grow operations.

Chris Jr selling would be good, light sentence if caught and tons of kids at school.

Frankie selling due to him being like 20 and tons of friends to sell to, including many Derby people.

I remember a similar story. I definitely remember people thinking at least 2 kids were dead and that a family member had done it.
Oh that preacher first said five kids were dead.

No.. Chris knew about the grow operations. Gary had been busted in KY for grow operations.

Chris Jr selling would be good, light sentence if caught and tons of kids at school.

Frankie selling due to him being like 20 and tons of friends to sell to, including many Derby people.

And then those people tell their friends they can get weed so they start buying more quantities to sell to their friends and so on and so forth.

I go back to this

2 aggressive dogs at Danas per her father

1 aggressive dog at Kenneth Rhodens

So that tells me at least the killer/killers had to know those two.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said from the beginning that I think this is either robbery or revenge. I posted a theory on the robbery scenario back in about thread 3. I still can not answer one simple question that would lock down the robbery theory, that being if it were robbery, why would there be an ongoing threat to the remaining Rhodens to the point that the sheriff would suggest they arm themselves?

So...let's take a look at revenge theory...

Other things I believe are relevant to this case.
1) I have also felt since early in the incidents that Gary was the key to the motive.
2) I believe there were at least 3 killers and likely 4.
3) I believe at least 2 of the killers were from out of town and likely from KY or WV.

Let's take a look at revenge.

Reasons for revenge:
1) Someone narc'd on someone else.
2) Someone threatened to narc on someone else.
3) Someone was owed a large amount of money.
4) Someone owed the Rhodens a large amount of money.

Backwoods of Kentucky, just West of the West Virginia line, up a dirt road, off of another dirt road, up a trail through a field stands a barn. Around the barn are 30 or so vehicles. Bright lights and loud noises emanate from the barn. Inside, men of all walks of life are gathered. The men range from ordinary laborers to lawyers and judges. There is even a couple of law enforcement officers and a State Senator in the crowd. They are all gathered around a large ring in the middle of the barn and inside this ring, there are two combatants. Roosters. The men are here in the middle of nowhere to gamble and root for their favorite fighter's chicken. Some of the chickens have a long, documented pedigree in this arena. Some of the breeders spend thousands of dollars on their birds and their fighting equipment. Some of the birds will live to fight another day, many will be tossed in a gunny sack for burial. Thousands of dollars will change hands.

Gary, Chris and Kenny Rhoden are in the crowd to watch Chris's son Frankie fight his chickens. This is not the first time Frankie has fought his birds, but this is the biggest arena so far. His first opponent is XXXX, a well known breeder from Kentucky with numerous trophies and growing reputation in the gamefowl arenas. As the fight approaches, the trash talk starts. "You ready to bury your bird tonight, Rhoden?". Frankie being a rather hot headed young man, throws some words at his opponent in retaliation for his taunts. One thing leads to another and Kenny. pipes in with, "Why don' you put your money where your mouth is?". A very large bet is made.

Somehow, against all expectations, Frankie's bird beats the reigning champion bird.

Cover your bet old son.

Can't do it right now.

You'd better pay, or bad things will happen.

Others heard these threats. A few weeks later, XXXX is turned in by an anonymous neighbor for chicken fighting and is arrested. "Bad things" is recalled.

Some very important people with a lot to lose are now worried. They recall the night of the chicken fight and the threats that were made.

Fast forward to April 21st. We'll say for our scenario that it is around 10 p.m. YYYY a long time acquaintance of Chris, known through the chicken fighting circuits arrives. Chris Sr., Kenny and Gary and Chris Jr. are working on a car in the garage. They drink a few beers and BS for a while. At some point, Chris Sr. tells Chris Jr., "you need to get home, son. You've got school tomorrow and your mother will be home from work soon". Chris Jr leaves and before too long, Frankie and Hannah arrive home from visiting friends nearby. Hannah heads to the house but Frankie stays around for a while to BS about chickens with YYYY before also excusing himself and heading for bed. About that same time, Kenny says he needs to get home too because he told his cousin to be there at 5:30 in the morning to go work on a car. Kenny departs.

"YYYY", says Chris, "You should just stay the night so you don't have drive home drunk.".

YYYY agrees and the three men head into the trailer and to bed. Chris in the back bedroom. Gary in the 2nd bedroom where he often stays when he's at Chris's house and YYYY takes the couch.

4 a.m. comes. A car slowly drives up Union Hill Road with its lights off as it approaches 4077. About the same time inside the trailer, YYYY gets up and opens the front door to the trailer allowing the 2 men from the vehicle to enter. They slowly approach the back bedroom. They awaken Chris Sr. and Gary at gun point, forcing them to the living room. They begin to beat the two, "Don't you ever threaten us". The two men fight back and shots ring out. Chris Sr. is hit a couple of times and is bleeding profusely as he staggers back down the hall to where he has a gun in the bedroom. Another shot rings out, felling Chris just as he enters the bedroom. The perps with Gary in tow, head down the hallway where finishing shots are administered to Chris's head. Gary is shot in the head and falls at Chris's feet with two finishing shots following.

The perps make a quick dash to the trailer next door, break down the door and shoot Frankie and Hannah. Who else can identify us? Chris Jr. lives just up the road, so they head to 3122 where everyone is in bed. The perps break in and quickly dispatch the three occupants.

They then head backroads to Left Fork road and quietly sneak up on Kenny's trailer. His pitbull puts up a racket, but Kenny has been drinking and is passed out in the trailer. They quickly jimmy the door and fire a single shot to his head before running to the car and gunning it South.

<modsnip>
Note, a similar scenario could be worked no matter what the revenge motive mentioned above.

Just my twisted mind at work ...

I go back to this

2 aggressive dogs at Danas per her father

1 aggressive dog at Kenneth Rhodens

So that tells me at least the killer/killers had to know those two.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap, maybe it WAS Chris Jr! Maybe that's what Bobby Jo did for 49 minutes - dispose of the weapon. Maybe that's what the divers were looking for. They were looking in the pond on the family's property. Chris Junior would have known where all the cameras were. He would have known all the dogs. He would have been able to easily gain entrance to all residences. He was a verified hothead.

I couldn't understand why anyone would cover up a murder suicide. But now that I have learned more about this culture, I see that these families take care of their own. I guess it would look better for the public to think they had been murdered by an outsider.

Gah!!! Just when I thought I had this figured out, my wheels are spinning again!

Uggggh.. I can't get a PM to reply no matter what I use, app, phone browser or desktop.

Crap, maybe it WAS Chris Jr! Maybe that's what Bobby Jo did for 49 minutes - dispose of the weapon. Maybe that's what the divers were looking for. They were looking in the pond on the family's property. Chris Junior would have known where all the cameras were. He would have known all the dogs. He would have been able to easily gain entrance to all residences. He was a verified hothead.

I couldn't understand why anyone would cover up a murder suicide. But now that I have learned more about this culture, I see that these families take care of their own. I guess it would look better for the public to think they had been murdered by an outsider.

Gah!!! Just when I thought I had this figured out, my wheels are spinning again!
My theory was kinda far out there but I've thought covered up murder suicide from the begining, esp after finding out who called 911.

Oh I understand that completely. The bodies that regulate CNA's are different in each state, but a drug conviction could be a huge issue for someone working in a facility that comes in contact with patients.
I agree! Sorry, I think I was confused about the issue. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99