Found Alive OH - Rainn Peterson, 2, North Bloomfield, 2 Oct 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I kinda feel like we should be leaving this family alone now, there is clearly zero evidence to suggest anything untoward happened and Rainn is alive and well. It feels off to continue picking, and one day she will google her name and read all this. And for that reason, I'm out. May Rainn have a happy, healthy life :)
That's how I feel too. The family and Rainn have been through enough. It's not often that we have a happy ending here on WS. I'm putting this one in the win column and moving on. [emoji230] [emoji230] [emoji230]

http://www.wfmj.com/story/30711509/rainn-peterson-shops-with-deputies-for-christmas

It's been two months since a Trumbull county toddler went missing and was found unharmed.

The same deputies who logged hours on the effort to bring her home safe, invited Peterson and her two older brothers to their annual Shop With a Cop event.

Altiere is hopeful evidence will provide a definitive outcome, because like others, he has questions too.

"Personally yes, I do have suspicions," he said.

He says the department has evidence that needs to be taken to state investigators, but it's a process that takes time.

I'm not sure I understand this article. What DNA are they thinking they might find? What suspicions does the police officer have? Is this based on real evidence they collected or just a gut feeling? I really am confused.

I'm not sure I understand this article. What DNA are they thinking they might find? What suspicions does the police officer have? Is this based on real evidence they collected or just a gut feeling? I really am confused.

From listening to the video, it appears that LE collected evidence and is sending it off to be tested. The officer say's they can only send 1 item at a time and he just hopes the will find a hair or dna on one of the items sent. He also says he still has suspicions. IMO just the fact that she survived outside for so long on her own is suspicous.

Is this shop with a cop and come home with a concussion program? It drives me nuts when people let children stand up in the basket of a shopping cart.
O/T haha! I shouldn't laugh, but been there, done that, got the ER bill. With my niece...my sister and I both thought the other was watching her...she stood up, toppled on her head, and got a bloody lip. Looked much worse than it was but we took her to the hospital anyway. Learned my lesson the hard way!

But I still don't understand this "evidence"...I was just beginning to agree with the people upthread who suggested leaving this family alone. But apparently the police aren't on board with that idea. I think they must know something I don't, as usual. Anyway, merry Christmas Rainn and brothers, so glad you are all healthy, happy, and together for Christmas!

http://fox8.com/2016/02/05/trumbull-county-sheriff-shares-new-details-in-the-rainn-peterson-case/

WARREN, Ohio - A few months into the investigation of*2-year-old Rainn Peterson's disappearance, the Trumbull County Sheriff Tom Altiere told Fox 8's Peggy Gallek that*he has new DNA evidence.

The Trumbull County Sheriff's Office has been working with the*Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation*and*the Federal Bureau of Investigation throughout the investigation.

Altiere*said that when Rainn was found, there was a cigarette and half-eaten apple near her.

On Friday, Altiere said evidence from the cigarette has helped the case.*The cigarette is being sent back for additional testing and the apple is now being tested as well.

“In my own mind, I have someone of interest. I have someone who is very interesting,” Altiere said.
Definitely some interesting information.

Whoa. This is an interesting development. Good for LE.

http://fox8.com/2016/02/05/trumbull-county-sheriff-shares-new-details-in-the-rainn-peterson-case/

WARREN, Ohio - A few months into the investigation of*2-year-old Rainn Peterson's disappearance, the Trumbull County Sheriff Tom Altiere told Fox 8's Peggy Gallek that*he has new DNA evidence.

The Trumbull County Sheriff's Office has been working with the*Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation*and*the Federal Bureau of Investigation throughout the investigation.

Altiere*said that when Rainn was found, there was a cigarette and half-eaten apple near her.

On Friday, Altiere said evidence from the cigarette has helped the case.*The cigarette is being sent back for additional testing and the apple is now being tested as well.

“In my own mind, I have someone of interest. I have someone who is very interesting,” Altiere said.

Now, I understand what the LEO meant by DNA evidence collected!!

well I wasn't expecting this - what a turn up for the books! :thinking:

I knew it! Or maybe I should say I seriously suspected it :blushing:

I have always thought there was more to this story. It was very odd the way she was found, in the open, so close to where she went missing---and very little evidence that she really was outside in the elements for that entire time.

I have always thought there was more to this story. It was very odd the way she was found, in the open, so close to where she went missing---and very little evidence that she really was outside in the elements for that entire time.

^^^Yep, yep, yep.

Wow. Im just reading about this case for the first time today. The only thing I know for sure is I am willing to bet a ton of money that baby girl don't smoke cigarettes. :)

Seriously though I am very happy she is back home with Grandparents. Hope she stays safe now.

Interesting. I wonder who they have in mind... Might have to tune back in on this one. Kind of dropped off after she was found.

I kinda feel like we should be leaving this family alone now, there is clearly zero evidence to suggest anything untoward happened and Rainn is alive and well. It feels off to continue picking, and one day she will google her name and read all this. And for that reason, I'm out. May Rainn have a happy, healthy life :)

I'll get my coat....

:facepalm:

I'll get my coat....

:facepalm:

:pillowfight2:

Just kidding. There's still no evidence her family is involved... at least no evidence that has been released to us. :)

I should add that I personally don't think her grandparents were involved. I'm basing that off the fact that they still (after this new evidence came to light) have custody of Rainn and siblings, but, that may be a wrong assumption, and someone please correct me if so.

Interesting. I always thought she looked quite clean to be out there for so long. But then again, she did have that really awful diaper rash. I wanted to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. But if she was with someone....ugh. I hope they are able to tell us more soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc
Back