GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's a map of the location of the body found in Butler County off of Frederick Pike. Note proximity to I-75.

ScreenHunter_01Feb202302.jpg

ya know, I thought this for awhile but I just couldn't bring myself to put in writing. I'm sick about this mess. I am so "ill" for these poor people who are just trying to survive, to be put through all of this is disgusting. I can't imagine what these family members are going through not to mention ZERO answers/closure for Deb Neeley or Tiff's boys, this is just going on and on. I find myself looking and looking at FB families and to be honest, those I have found to be relatives to SL are disgusted as well. I pray and pray that this poor couple are found safe and soon yet this guy just seems to have hit a place in himself that there is no turning back. S. Littleton is not a smart person IMO. He is acting fast, dumping cars etc, he has not planned a thing IMO which scares the crap out of me. He acts and then reacts. Prayers to the Russells

You hit the nail on the head, that's what I don't get why this guy can't be caught. He seems to act on instinct and instinct alone. He really hasn't had that much time to plan anything out; especially a trip on the run. This apparently is a crime of passion, so what's next for him? Does he have money? My thought on this is - this elderly couple probably had cash hidden in their house. Isn't that what a lot of elderly people do? To me that would explain why there's been (to our knowledge) no activity on credit cards etc. (Although there could be, and we don't know it) Le has been silent for a bit, so maybe they are on to him, and don't want to scare him away in going off the path he is on.

Obviously, he didn't dump the car at the rest area, so where was he? Surely, he didn't haul to elderly people into the bathroom; so they must be north somewhere.

Where did the connection to the landfill come in? What made LE think "trash?"

What do we know about this guy? Was he an eagle scout, outdoorsmen that could live off the land?

The one thing is for sure....he can't be too bright, too well - thought out, he did put Tiffany's body in the basement of the very house he lived in. How long did he really think he could hide her there?

I'm rambling, but come on....how far away could he have taken this elderly couple, really?

If there are any locals here (I'm not sure who you are), can you tell me if there are any rest stops to the north of the Vandalia exit on I-75 South? Can you state as precisely as possible where they are?

Thanks.

If there are any locals here (I'm not sure who you are), can you tell me if there are any rest stops to the north of the Vandalia exit on I-75 South? Can you state as precisely as possible where they are?

Thanks.

If on I75 going south, you past the Piqua exit...there's a rest area right after that

If there are dead bodies found along the travel path that LE thinks Littleton might have taken.....I'm wondering if Littleton could/would kill again to comandeer another car....a carjacking. He'll need a different car if he thinks/knows that LE is aware now of the car/elderly couple missing.
I wouldn't put it past him to carjack and injure or worse, someone else just for the car.

My elderly (both 80's) live with me. Mom has many health problems and Dad is diabetic.
Watching them tonight at the dinner table just made me tear up and have to leave the table to compose myself.....I couldn't help but think about the Russells.
This sweet elderly couple, the Russells....my heart is hurting so much for them, for their loved ones.

Here's all the exits on 75 in Ohio

http://www.i75exitguide.com/restareas/ohio.php

There's only 4.

Exit Access Exit Services

153 northbound/southbound access only Rest Area

Public Rest Rooms
Public Telephones
Picnic Area
Vending Machines

114 northbound/southbound access only Rest Area

Public Rest Rooms
Public Telephones
Picnic Area
Vending Machines

81 northbound/southbound access only Rest Area

Public Rest Rooms
Picnic Area
Public Telephones
RV Dump Station
Vending Machines

28 northbound/southbound access only Rest Area

Public Rest Rooms
Picnic Area
Public Telephones
Vending Machines
Tourist Information

Kentucky Rest Areas

MM Access Services
177 southbound access only Welcome Center

Handicapped Facilities
Picnic Area
Public Restrooms
Public Telephones
Vending Machines

177 northbound access only Rest Area

Handicapped Facilities
Picnic Area
Public Restrooms
Public telephones
Vending Machines

127 northbound/southbound access
Rest Area
Handicapped Facilities
Picnic Area
Public Restrooms
Public Telephones
Vending Machines
Pet Walk Area

82 northbound/southbound access Rest Area
Handicapped Facilities
Picnic Area
Public Restrooms
Public Telephones
Vending Machines
Pet Walk Area

1 northbound access only Welcome Center

Handicapped Facilities
Picnic Area
Public Restrooms
Public Telephones
Vending Machines
Pet Walk Area

If on I75 going south, you past the Piqua exit...there's a rest area right after that

Any other rest stop after Piqua and going toward Vandalia? I'm just trying to narrow down where Littleton could have picked up another person with a car at a rest stop and then taken them south to Vandalia, where they exited I-75.

They would have traveled only 5 1/2 miles to where Littleton might have disposed of the guy's body in a field on Frederick Pike.

Nothing written in stone here; just trying to think of possibilities.

ETA: Sorry--we cross posted. Thanks for the information!

Here's a map of the location of the body found in Butler County off of Frederick Pike. Note proximity to I-75.
ScreenHunter_01Feb202302.jpg

Looking at the aerial map, I don't think they found this body in Butler County. I think they found this body in Montgomery County, Ohio.

Vandalia is a suburb North of Dayton, close to where I-70 and I-75 intersects. Do you see the airport on the aerial map? That is the Dayton International Airport.

I'm guessing that where the body was found in Montgomery County has to be at least 40 miles from the rest area on I-75 in Butler County where the Russell's car were last seen.

You hit the nail on the head, that's what I don't get why this guy can't be caught. He seems to act on instinct and instinct alone. He really hasn't had that much time to plan anything out; especially a trip on the run. This apparently is a crime of passion, so what's next for him? Does he have money? My thought on this is - this elderly couple probably had cash hidden in their house. Isn't that what a lot of elderly people do? To me that would explain why there's been (to our knowledge) no activity on credit cards etc. (Although there could be, and we don't know it) Le has been silent for a bit, so maybe they are on to him, and don't want to scare him away in going off the path he is on.

Obviously, he didn't dump the car at the rest area, so where was he? Surely, he didn't haul to elderly people into the bathroom; so they must be north somewhere.

What do we know about this guy? Was he an eagle scout, outdoorsmen that could live off the land?

The one thing is for sure....he can't be too bright, too well - thought out, he did put Tiffany's body in the basement of the very house he lived in. How long did he really think he could hide her there?

I'm rambling, but come on....how far away could he have taken this elderly couple, really?

I agree about the money factor. He doesn't seem to have any (much) and we have NOT heard about the $ that was supposed to go the the family member that Tiff was going to a Western Union ( or whatever). We don't know if that money was found in the car or missing. We don't know if the Russell's have hit the mac or withdrew $ ( LE is quiet on this) so we don't know if he has the cash to have the ability to stay at a cheap motel or some campground. I feel he left his job early because B. Neeley told him that LE wanted to go over things with them, he didn't want to be in the house "just in case" they wanted to look around and that's why he took off. He left his truck and I feel he didn't even know where he was going when he left his truck, I think everything has been 1 second thinking. IMO

snipped and bolded by me...

first bold -- you ask "so where was he". i think at the time the cop was at the rest area and running the russell's license plate. sam was right there at that rest stop. either in the car or somewhere within the rest stop.

second bold ---you ask "what made le think trash" while sam was at that rest stop. he may have (i can't think of a proper word)...put dick and gladis's bodies into a dumpster at the rest stop.

the car was seen at the rest stop by the cop on wednesday the 16th at night and the dumpsters were emptied at some point thursday feb 17th.

my heart is breaking. i hope they didn't suffer.

County maps of Ohio

Attachments

• ohiomap.gif
    ohiomap.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 8
Looking at the aerial map, I don't think they found this body in Butler County. I think they found this body in Montgomery County, Ohio.

Vandalia is a suburb North of Dayton, close to where I-70 and I-75 intersects. Do you see the airport on the aerial map? That is the Dayton International Airport.

I'm guessing that where the body was found in Montgomery County has to be at least 40 miles from the rest area on I-75 in Butler County where the Russell's car were last seen.

Ok...if he left the Russell's he could have headed north and got onto i75 around Lima, Ohio (I doubt this) rest stop at 114....kept going south...eventually passing rest area 81....if he kept going south...he would hit Vandalia....yes, there is the Dayton airport off of Vandalia....right from the map you have been showing.....it would have then been quite someways before he hit another rest stop...

The problem is they lived in Logan County...he could have jumped on 33....before crossing back over to get to 75...he could have taken several backroads before he hit the highway....this also explains why he isn't too bright...he could have probably hit country roads forever to get out of Ohio...why would he get on 75....I guess I would have to know which rest area he stopped at...if it was before the kentucky border he could have taken back roads all the way down to southern ohio, but maybe needed to get back onto the highway in Kentucky b/c less familair with the roads....

He might have stayed away from 33 b/c close to where truck was found...he may have headed north west to get to 75, only to turn around and go south on 75 to try to keep his tracks from being followed...

Question is...why 75..why the rest stop

I've probably made no sense to someone who is unfamiliar with these roads...I'm sorry

snipped and bolded by me...

first bold -- you ask "so where was he". i think at the time the cop was at the rest area and running the russell's license plate. sam was right there at that rest stop. either in the car or somewhere within the rest stop.

second bold ---you ask "what made le think trash" while sam was at that rest stop. he may have (i can't think of a proper word)...put dick and gladis's bodies into a dumpster at the rest stop.

the car was seen at the rest stop by the cop on wednesday the 16th at night and the dumpsters were emptied at some point thursday feb 17th.

my heart is breaking. i hope they didn't suffer.

I keep thinking maybe he ditched the car and got in a semi...but that wouldn't explain why the car can't be found

Deborlee...

Can you help me out with what rest area they called the plates? Are we sure it was a rest area on 75 or just a rest area in Butler County...if it's 75...there's only one left after the piqua/troy rest area

If there are dead bodies found along the travel path that LE thinks Littleton might have taken.....I'm wondering if Littleton could/would kill again to comandeer another car....a carjacking. He'll need a different car if he thinks/knows that LE is aware now of the car/elderly couple missing.
I wouldn't put it past him to carjack and injure or worse, someone else just for the car.

My elderly (both 80's) live with me. Mom has many health problems and Dad is diabetic.
Watching them tonight at the dinner table just made me tear up and have to leave the table to compose myself.....I couldn't help but think about the Russells.
This sweet elderly couple, the Russells....my heart is hurting so much for them, for their loved ones.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. There have been a few cases where people and their cars weren't noticed missing for days giving the perp days head starts for their next target. It's the weekend, might not notice anyone missing till school or work tomorrow. I want this guy caught in the worst way. I keep getting misty eyed over the Russells and other possible victims.

Swaniee mentioned:

"He left his truck and I feel he didn't even know where he was going when he left his truck, I think everything has been 1 second thinking."

I've been thinking maybe he called the Russell's to pick him up. Perhaps he called and asked them for a ride.

I wonder if the name/cell phone number on the piece of paper were in the Russell's handwriting. Were there any indications he had been on thier property the day they went missing?

Maybe they should be checking locations which aren't very far from his vehicle, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back