OH OH - Tiffany Papesh, 8, Maple Heights, 13 June 1980

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bumping for Tiffany. I hope that her remains can be found someday soon. Her case breaks my heart. She seems to have vanished in the blink of an eye. Were there ever any viable suspects besides Flagner? He’s definitely a creep but I’m not sure if he’s guilty in Tiffany’s case.
Robert A. Buell is a person of interest I think.

Now I personally do not buy that Flagner is the responsible party in Tiffany’s case. He was only really convicted in this case solely based on his previous record for child molestation and his confessions. The confessions were never consistent and he gave 30 of them. I also read from some locals that public pressure played a role in his conviction. Many people in Maple Heights wanted someone behind bars for TJ’s kidnapping.

There is also evidence that he was at his place of employment Sta-Co in Creston, Ohio. This is almost two hours away from the site of Tiffany’s disappearance. He only got off of work about 30 minutes before she went missing. He wouldn’t have had enough time to leave work and drive to Maple Heights to snatch her. It’s been considered that a fellow employee might’ve stamped his time card for him but they all denied this and even said they didn’t like Flagner and wouldn’t have put their jobs on the line for him. The production line he worked on needed five people, including him, to work properly. There were no reported problems that day.

I think Brandon should be in prison because he is still a danger to young girls but I feel like him being in prison for Tiffany’s disappearance takes away from the media attention and the general public concern for her case to be solved because with him in prison, many will assume it’s solved.

I posted about Tiffany in a local group for Maple Heights residents and many of them also don’t believe Flagner was responsible. There was a group of people who Tiffany’s father owed money too and it’s believed she was taken by them in retaliation. They wouldn’t have harmed Tiffany if they did kidnap her but they probably wouldn’t let her go back to her family.

I don’t believe Tiffany is dead to be honest. I’m glad they are still doing age progressions for her.

Bumping for Tiffany. I hope she is found some day.

Like others posting here, I lived in the Cleveland area at the time. It received a huge amount of media coverage at the time and continued for months after. Everyone was looking for her.

There's not much available at Newspapers.com sine the 2 major daily Cleveland papers aren't available there. This article at the !ink says they used tracking dogs and came up with nothing. JMO, that sounds like she was taken into an automobile.

16 Jun 1980, 1 - The Times Recorder at Newspapers.com

How unfortunate what happened to this baby to meet this damn mental patient and some who believe that he is not guilty... I believe that he is, but there is also the possibility that attention is not focused on him and we all give it for being guilty since it is possible that he is another sick murderer and justice will never be done... perhaps a psychic could help in this case just to give it closure because the baby is not alive...
rest in peace little one

Last year when I was on FB I was in a Tiffany Pepesh group and the cousin and I were talking he told me he swears he saw Tiffany two weeks after she went missing 2 times in the back seat with a little boy and a woman and man driving threw Streetsboro Ohio. My GF her hairdresser had a shop next door to the store Tiffany went to she was related to her. Her name was Debbie Pepesh the police were in her shop all day long. The parents believe that Tiffany is buried in concrete near the bridge by Rockside and Broadway. I used to have all kinds of information about it but deleted it.

TPapesh.jpg

Tiffany Papesh, age 8
Missing since 13 June 1980

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members