Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can appreciate your input and even some of your skepticism but I submitted over a year ago and still she has not been excluded. Wendy's name has not been added to the exclusions list - despite the availability of DNA in both cases. Of course, my hopes are high that it's a match and that both cases can finally move on to finding the murderer. However, if the DNA is not a match, I will accept those results and keep searching. Did you see my post about the dental records, yet? I thought that was pretty telling too.

"If you'll note - in Wendy's photo, she has a seriously chipped front tooth. And according to various sources, our UID (found three nearly years later) has a crown on tooth #8 (see attached). That's the same tooth shown chipped in Wendy's photograph."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-15-25-Apr-81-*GRAPHIC*&p=9846794#post9846794

Thank you. Here is a link to one of the articles that mention the crowned tooth.

"Her teeth were in excellent condition. Her only dental work was a root canal and crown on her upper right front tooth (#8)."

http://www.missinginamerica.us/apps/photos/photo?photoid=195872032

As you can see - that's the same tooth that looks damaged in Wendy's picture.

DNTKnowUnivNumSys.gif p8657472.jpg

That looks quite interesting! Also wondering if BG had any connection, perhaps through a boyfriend to OhioS.University.The team's name caught my eye.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_Buckeyes

I no longer live in the area but I went to one of the Rendezvous back in the late 70's. A lot of the people were dressed similar to BG. Many come from out of state.

You would be surprised at how many high schools have a native american name as well.

i've only just looked at this case...could someone link me to her namus? I keep thinking Carla Rebecca Corley, she was epileptic which may link to BG scars? She went missing without any shoes...has she been ruled out? Her story is a very very sad one.

i've only just looked at this case...could someone link me to her namus? I keep thinking Carla Rebecca Corley, she was epileptic which may link to BG scars? She went missing without any shoes...has she been ruled out? Her story is a very very sad one.

Carla Corley has been ruled out. They are up to 95 women on the UID's rule out page https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4790

Hey everyone! Longtime lurker, first time poster. I was born and raised in Troy and have been following Buckskin Girl since I found this site. I was talking about my co-worker casually about crime in the area and brought up BG. My co-worker said "Oh, that one girl. Becky." I told her she's still unidentified. My co worker didn't realize this, but said she used to hang out with a group of older kids in high school. One of them (I know his name but won't post it here) had a girlfriend in her early twenties with long red/brown hair she wore in braids. Her name was Becky and she was from out of state. My coworker remembered her for her matching fringe boot and jacket combo. She didn't know the girl very well but knew that she had heard she cheated on her boyfriend once. He was known for his violent temper, and years later was imprisoned for trying to kill his wife. My coworker stated both her and her boyfriend (who also ran around with this group in high school) thought it was Becky after seeing her picture. I asked her why she never went to the police and she said she ran away to Texas when she turned eighteen and didn't hear much more about the story, and she had always assumed she had since been identified. Unfortunately she couldn't remember Becky's last name but said she would think about it. I'm not sure if this helps any but I felt it was too important to ignore. (Sorry if i made any errors...typing on an iPhone is hard!)

Rubies87,
Perhaps you should call your tip in to Detective Steve Lord at 937 440 3965 x6633
Sounds like a good lead to me.

Hey everyone! Longtime lurker, first time poster. I was born and raised in Troy and have been following Buckskin Girl since I found this site. I was talking about my co-worker casually about crime in the area and brought up BG. My co-worker said "Oh, that one girl. Becky." I told her she's still unidentified. My co worker didn't realize this, but said she used to hang out with a group of older kids in high school. One of them (I know his name but won't post it here) had a girlfriend in her early twenties with long red/brown hair she wore in braids. Her name was Becky and she was from out of state. My coworker remembered her for her matching fringe boot and jacket combo. She didn't know the girl very well but knew that she had heard she cheated on her boyfriend once. He was known for his violent temper, and years later was imprisoned for trying to kill his wife. My coworker stated both her and her boyfriend (who also ran around with this group in high school) thought it was Becky after seeing her picture. I asked her why she never went to the police and she said she ran away to Texas when she turned eighteen and didn't hear much more about the story, and she had always assumed she had since been identified. Unfortunately she couldn't remember Becky's last name but said she would think about it. I'm not sure if this helps any but I felt it was too important to ignore. (Sorry if i made any errors...typing on an iPhone is hard!)

Welcome to Ws Rubies87, thanks for joining in with that very interesting tip!

I'm going to talk to my co worker again this week to see if she remembers anything else! I'll see if she wants to contact the detective, and if she doesn't I will. It's quite possible that someone else in her group of friends remembers her last name.

Something that has not been brought up is that BG was in the right place at the right time to have been an early victim of Larry Dewayne Hall. He did not live far away, in Wabash, IN. He did strangle his victims in his van. He confessed to 39 murders but was only convicted of one.

He was a Civil War reenactor. Could he have met BG at an event of that nature?

Interesting. Anyone have a description of Hall's van? I can't find it anywhere. He apparently lined it with tarps.
Is this the list of victims he confessed to or something LE came up with? I think that BG as a victim of Hall is quite within the realm of possibility.

He apparently had a passion for HEMMING engines, no idea if that is an engine found in vans. interesting tidbit though from this book, he was an extra in a Matthew Broderick film, "Glory".. . ..

https://books.google.ca/books?id=Ob...nepage&q=type of van larry hall drive&f=false

adding, according to this article, he drove a Dodge van, also..
Buckskin apparently was not sexually assaulted and allegedly,Hall did s. assault victims, but some articles say he changes his m/o.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/07/04/tricia.reitler.disappearance/

"Although Larry Hall has not been charged with crimes against anyone other than Jessica Roach, experts close to the case say he may have killed up to 40 women".

More on Hall http://truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=174.

According to the above article: Larry DeWayne Hall is a twin. He is very angry at his brother, because Brother has been assisting authorities. Authorities believe there may have been one other person, and possibly a third person, involved in some of the murders he committed. Larry DeWayne Hall has said he has buried at least 5 women in the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri. Larry DeWayne Hall wants immunity in exchange for the locations of those victims. According to the above link he was attracted to a certain physical "type" of victim: petite, athletic build, with shoulder length dark hair.

That national forest is huge, covering 11 separate counties, but I wonder if it would be possible to do an airplane flyover in winter before snowfall or in late fall, using ground penetrating radar to find at least some of his victims.

Larry DeWayne Hall is described as having a"dependent personality" and his IQ is estimated at about 80.

I'm going to talk to my co worker again this week to see if she remembers anything else! I'll see if she wants to contact the detective, and if she doesn't I will. It's quite possible that someone else in her group of friends remembers her last name.

Have you had a chance to speak with your coworker?

I just happen to remember that in the early 80’s, western style clothing was the biggest fashion trend during the early 80’s after the release of the 1980 movie Urban Cowboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova