OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that his wife didn't call the police until 11:30 (EIGHT HOURS after he went missing) certainly did nothing to help the situation. My LE friends all said they would that that as a sign she wasn't that worried, especially given the situation that they were out of town. One would think she'd be even more upset as their surroundings were unfamiliar. Plus she was totally alone after the friend left. So, if she's not that worried, why should they be? It would look like she thought he'd be back soon, or that he has a habit of taking off and he'd come back eventually. Had she called right away - panicked, upset and desperate to find him, that changes things. Usually, when loved ones go missing their families are panicked and call right away. LE then goes out and assesses the situation. She didn't even call them right away to allow them to drive out there and see if there was a reason to worry, etc.. That's unreal to me.
I don’t know. I actually probably wouldn’t have called the police right away either. This is her adult husband, not her child. For one, I would be thinking the most likely explanation is that his phone died & he was passed out somewhere—not abducted or something terrible. I would be super worried and upset, but I wouldn’t have wanted to involve the police & risk him getting arrested for public intoxication. I totally buy that her mother-in-law had to convince her it was time to call & make a missing persons report b/c for her this took it to another level of worry. I think I would feel like that. I just think police were called in a reasonable amount of time. Besides, they pretty much just told her at that point that he’s an adult and allowed to “go missing.” So I don’t know that it would have made a difference.
There are some weird things about the whole situation, but for me this isn’t one of them.

I don’t know. I actually probably wouldn’t have called the police right away either. This is her adult husband, not her child.

Really? If your drunk husband was wandering around an unfamiliar city and wasn't dressed for the weather at 3am, you would wait 8 hours? Adult or not, he was in a dangerous situation. Bad things can happen in situations like that. I'll have to agree to disagree with you there. I would have called right away. Who cares if he's arrested for public intoxication! At least he'd be safe and alive.

Besides, they pretty much just told her at that point that he’s an adult and allowed to “go missing.” So I don’t know that it would have made a difference.

What would have made the difference, is that a police officer would have been out there sooner, and it's possible he would have been found stumbling around before he disappeared. Anyhow, just relaying what my police friends said. The sooner you call, the better.

Last edited:
I don’t know. I actually probably wouldn’t have called the police right away either. This is her adult husband, not her child. For one, I would be thinking the most likely explanation is that his phone died & he was passed out somewhere—not abducted or something terrible. I would be super worried and upset, but I wouldn’t have wanted to involve the police & risk him getting arrested for public intoxication. I totally buy that her mother-in-law had to convince her it was time to call & make a missing persons report b/c for her this took it to another level of worry. I think I would feel like that. I just think police were called in a reasonable amount of time. Besides, they pretty much just told her at that point that he’s an adult and allowed to “go missing.” So I don’t know that it would have made a difference.
There are some weird things about the whole situation, but for me this isn’t one of them.
I guess what bothers me is that even though he is an adult, By her own admission she said that he had fallen getting out of the car and that he was confused and in my mind that makes him a vulnerable Person and if it were me I would’ve called the police immediately knowing what a vulnerable state he was in but I am a social worker so I see things a little bit differently.

Really? If your drunk husband was wandering around an unfamiliar city and wasn't dressed for the weather at 3am, you would wait 8 hours? Adult or not, he was in a dangerous situation. Bad things can happen in situations like that. I'll have to agree to disagree with you there. I would have called right away. Who cares if he's arrested for public intoxication! At least he's safe

What would have made the difference, is that a police officer would have been out there sooner, and it's possible he would have been found stumbling around before he disappeared. Anyhow, just relaying what my police friends said. The sooner you call, the better.
And the fact that he had fallen getting out of the car and she said he was confused I would’ve called the police immediately all of these factors put him in a very vulnerable position not to mention being in the city you’re not familiar with

And the fact that he had fallen getting out of the car and she said he was confused I would’ve called the police immediately all of these factors put him in a very vulnerable position not to mention being in the city you’re not familiar with

Yes THIS ^^^^. I find some things are very off about this whole thing. Something is missing. The time to report him missing is disturbing in addition to letting him wander off in that condition in the first place. It has been almost two months. This is bad. And where is he on security cams?

On a freezing night when the love of your life is missing and he is drunk and who knows what else you think that a drunken charge is worst than him dying from hypothermia? This situation was totally different than a husband leaving his house after a tiff not drunk and wearing proper attire to blow off steam. The fact that he was drunk would speed up hypothermia. Her choice not to attempt to get the mall security and police involved immediately could have cost him his life.

I read somewhere else that the google location was on his phone And that they have posted the map of where he was walking and at the the time it shows him going farther from the hotel and stopping at Abbott labs park and That is where it left off . So it would seem that when he said he was getting closer to the hotel he must’ve been really drunk and confused because he was actually going farther from the hotel. I don’t know if I’m allowed to post this here or not since it’s a page we can’t use. Also it looks like right next to where the Phone pinged last, there is a little body of water does anyone know what that is. Is it a pond? I also read that that must be where the phone died because it’s the last location shown.
Can you give the street names?

With all the irrelevant details B gave in the TCG podcast (diet coke or regular coke etc.) I would have thought she would really go into detail about the Google location info. But nothing really. That seems really odd to me. As well as details about what Tyler was so upset about. Cause that might explain why they waited to contact the police. Something like (pure as an example) a guy who took illegal drugs and just found out his wife cheated with his best friend and took off, might be something really painful to explain to the police.
I don't see them waiting until 11.30 be that awkward. He had money and a phone. He could have gone somewhere to chill out.

But I would have expected her to come up with more info that actually DOES matter. Who did they talk to at the dollhouse. Could he have been drugged there. Who were they with while waiting on the Uber. Were they waisted. What's the Google locations route? Was the argument so bad that Tyler was at risk of hurting himself ? But nothing......

Last edited:
On a freezing night when the love of your life is missing and he is drunk and who knows what else you think that a drunken charge is worst than him dying from hypothermia? This situation was totally different than a husband leaving his house after a tiff not drunk and wearing proper attire to blow off steam. The fact that he was drunk would speed up hypothermia. Her choice not to attempt to get the mall security and police involved immediately could have cost him his life.
Don't forget soooooo EXHAUSTED and confused when they got out of the Uber. So disoriented he didn't remember where they were.

With all the irrelevant details B gave in the TCG podcast (diet coke or regular coke etc.) I would have thought she would really go into detail about the Google location info. But nothing really. That seems really odd to me. As well as details about what Tyler was so upset about. Cause that might explain why they waited to contact the police. Something like (pure as an example) a guy who took illegal drugs and just found his wife cheated with his best friend and took off, might be something really painful to explain to the police.
I don't see them waiting until 11.30 be that awkward. He had money and a phone. He could have gone somewhere to chill out.

But I would have expected her to come up with more info that actually DOES matter. Who did they talk to at the dollhouse. Could he have been drugged there. Who were they with while waiting on the Uber. Were they waisted. What's the Google locations route? Was the argument so bad that Tyler was at risk of hurting himself ? But nothing......
What was the argument over?

There are so many confusing things about this story. Especially when you start looking at numbers. The probability of certain things just seems unlikely.
Let's say, human trafficking. Reportedly, 2% of people trafficked are men (not including young boys and teens). Most for labor.
So, are we talking a crime of opportunity? Hey, here is this 29 year old man, smoking, hopefully he is a hard worker! Let's snatch him?
Let's move to the fact that he was "drugged at the club"... So, they drugged him, let him leave, followed him, and hoped at some point he would walk off in the wee hours of the bitter cold morning, all alone into the darkness? According to the wife, they waited outside for the Uber... Seems like a prime opportunity to rob someone you have drugged. Instead of following them for nearly 20 minutes, and waiting outside the hotel for another opportunity to take what he had.
Let's move to random homicide. In Columbus, there were 103 in 2018. 70 percent were African American, and almost half were in specific areas of the City. What I didn't dive into were how many were domestic situations vs random mugging homicides.
The Uber driver? He was, what? So mad that he waited around for this guy to be alone? His GSP would say so, if that was the case.
As far as all these missing men in Columbus. I'm wondering, are they unreported? I could only find 4 on the Attorney General's website in OH. One being Tyler. Two of them according to articles, were reported to have been acting paranoid. One, there wasn't anything on, the other was Tyler. So, unless there are dozens of unreported men missing in OH that the AG refuses to list, then it's 4. In 2019. That is not a crazy amount of missing men. I do however understand that there may be individuals who are not reported missing that turn up. Mostly they are high risk. Not your "out for a night on the town, 3x a year, full time job, supporting his family, regular" husband and father.
I just have so many questions. Mainly... What are the chances of a 29 year old white, average, low risk, "regular" male being abducted, assaulted, or murdered by a stranger in 29° weather at 4 am?
Now, what are the chances of a 29 year old white, average, low risk, "regular" male being abducted, assaulted, or murdered by someone they know in 29° weather at 4 am?
I think statistically, one of them is more realistic.
Though both seem out of the realm for normal people to understand.
I would love to hear from a few people. The strippers who spent time with them that evening. The bartender. The bounce. And, finally the Uber driver.
I don't think an accident could be ruled out. But, then were is the body? Someone came along and said, here is body... Guess I'll dispose of it?
You'd have to believe that he traveled to some obscure, out of range place, where his body would never be found.
So, here is where I've landed... In order for this to work, he has wondered off in to some weird, obscure, wayyyyy off the beaten path place and died. Because according to the family, they've searched the water, the woods, and entire area without finding a trace of him.
I'm a brand new poster guys! I'm only here because TCG has me riveted with this insane, bizzaro case!
Please don't tear me apart too bad. These are just my thoughts written out.
(All my numbers can be found through a bit of searching and reading on google)

This is a really awesome post! I can’t shake feeling like we’re missing info. Perhaps that info wouldn’t help or hinder the search, but it’s distracting. I just can’t shake it. The TCG podcasters also seemed to think something’s being left out. I think it was the Captain who mentioned it at the end of part 2 of their podcast. Idk. Then again, I think we here at WS are used to thoroughly questioning every single aspect of all cases. Maybe I’m a bit jaded. jmo

I read somewhere else that the google location was on his phone And that they have posted the map of where he was walking and at the the time it shows him going farther from the hotel and stopping at Abbott labs park and That is where it left off . So it would seem that when he said he was getting closer to the hotel he must’ve been really drunk and confused because he was actually going farther from the hotel. I don’t know if I’m allowed to post this here or not since it’s a page we can’t use. Also it looks like right next to where the Phone pinged last, there is a little body of water does anyone know what that is. Is it a pond? I also read that that must be where the phone died because it’s the last location shown.

BBM above...
Do you mean (that small body of water) in the these trees??? Google Maps

Cuz THAT is really close to the Hilton....FWIW.

ETA: And (meant to add) yes it does appear to be a pond

ETA2; The other blue bit closer to the hotel appears to be a parking lot but notice the man hole cover straight ahead in the forefront when you open this link....also THAT is the Hilton where they stayed?? straight across the way in the background across the block there - the building with the fancy white trim === OR is it not? Google Maps

Last edited:
What if TD were out walking, and someone in a strange car pulled up and said”hey, did you need an Uber?” And him being drunk, just hopped in. Also though I feel that The reason TD Walked off is because there was something going on with the friend and the girlfriend.

I get the same feeling! Or, perhaps TD just got it in his head that there was something inappropriate going on with his wife and friend, leading him to argue and storm off. I know I’m bad to get all up in my feelings if I’m exhausted and pretty drunk. Maybe his friend left for that reason, thinking TD was being ridiculous and not wanting to argue with him when he returned. There’s just SOMETHING being left out. It’s so obvious, it literally screams out at me. I think the info could easily be nothing that would help or hinder finding TD, but because it seems to be there, it’s distracting us. Idk. I hope that makes sense. jmo

There's something weighing on my mind: BD has made it clear that they weren't at all familiar with Columbus since they live in Wilmington. TD's parents live in Circleville and they met in Grove City to transfer their son to his parents' care. Was he raised in Circleville as opposed to Wilmington? If so, he most certainly was very familiar with Columbus. Circleville is nearly a suburb of Columbus. Folks who live in and around Circleville ARE well versed in "the lay of the land" of Easton. When they shop or want to go to the mall, that's where they go. The teenagers travel to Columbus for entertainment and sporting events. (I live between Circleville and Grove City and know this to be true)

Maybe this doesn't mean a thing in the big scheme of things but she makes it sound as if they were in a foreign land. I doubt he was as unfamiliar with the area.

That’s great info! That means he’s likely been to Columbus quite a lot. I wonder if he had a spot in mind to go cool off for a while? When I’ve been drinking, I can get lost in a locked room! lol Perhaps, that disjointed feeling happened to TD... jmo

Interesting theory I saw on FB:

In her own written account that was posted here, she says that the friend returned without Tyler and he told her not to worry about Tyler.....she went on to say that she was already"freaking out." She doesn't say where the friend went after that. She omits that in her post. Also, why would a good friend leave a woman who was "freaking out?"

•In the podcast, she mentions how she had to pee and was afraid to leave her drink alone at the bar because people might tamper with it. She says she had to pee so she left the drink anyway.

•Why would a woman, accompanied by her husband, be worried that someone would spike her drink?

•I think she added that extra detail about people tampering with drinks because that's what she and this mysterious friend did.....they put something in Tyler's drink to impair him.

•When they arrived back to the hotel, she woke their friend up first. Odd because the friend was in the front seat and her husband was asleep beside her. Still, she woke up this other man first. She cited Tyler as potentially being "grumpy" as the reason she has the friend wake him up.
What does she do when he falls asleep at home? Ask the neighbor to wake him up?

•I think she woke the friend up first, knowing that it was time to put the plan in action. Tyler gets out of the car and is "confused"......or rather drugged....

•I think the friend killed him when they went on that walk and I think it was premeditated.

•Brittany, who just peed before she left the strip club and obviously has an overactive bladder, passes by the hotel lobby bathroom to return to her hotel room to pee and charge her phone for 2 seconds.

•Her frequent bladder was a convenient excuse to excuse herself and leave the mysterious friend alone with Tyler.

•The friend returns without Tyler. His buddy's wife is "freaking out" because her husband hasn't returned.

•The friend leaves his good buddy's wife while she's freaking out? After she played "wingman" for him all night? That's bull ****.

•The friend left Brittany because that was the plan, he had to go back and get Tyler's body. Tyler's cellphone was "dead" which automatically removes the ability to locate him.

•Brittany, giving the friend more time to properly dispose of Tyler, calls another good friend to help her look for Tyler. One would think she'd call the man who last saw Tyler and ask him to come back and help her. Also, one would immediately call his parents and ask them if they'd heard from him before scouring the shopping complex...but she needed more time and she knew that she had to create a detailed timeline

It would be interesting to know what this mystery man does for a living. How familiar was he with the Easton shopping complex?
Also....Easton is very pricey and they obviously needed the money if Tyler was working 6 straight 10-12 hour days. I think she wanted to assure herself some short-term financial security when he was gone, so she encouraged him to put in extra hours...which would get her through for a bit.

This is an awesome post! You gave me things to consider that I hadn’t thought about. I have an overactive bladder normally, so when I drink, it’s like I pee 2 times an hour. Ikr! I’d have used the lobby bathroom if I had intentions to go look for my husband straight away. If I’d waited until I got to the room, and worried about charging my phone, I certainly wouldn’t have went right back outside bringing said almost dead phone with me. That’s just me, of course. jmo

This is a really awesome post! I can’t shake feeling like we’re missing info. Perhaps that info wouldn’t help or hinder the search, but it’s distracting. I just can’t shake it. The TCG podcasters also seemed to think something’s being left out. I think it was the Captain who mentioned it at the end of part 2 of their podcast. Idk. Then again, I think we here at WS are used to thoroughly questioning every single aspect of all cases. Maybe I’m a bit jaded. jmo
Thanks, StarEyes! I feel the same. We are missing key pieces to the puzzle which makes it hard to out together.

This is an awesome post! You gave me things to consider that I hadn’t thought about. I have an overactive bladder normally, so when I drink, it’s like I pee 2 times an hour. Ikr! I’d have used the lobby bathroom if I had intentions to go look for my husband straight away. If I’d waited until I got to the room, and worried about charging my phone, I certainly wouldn’t have went right back outside bringing said almost dead phone with me. That’s just me, of course. jmo
The time after they all come back from the strip club and the exact events are very sketchy. What if instead of going to the room to pee and get 5 seconds of charge on her phone she went to get her car keys? That way there would not be a fresh sent of Tyler in the friends car and less suspicion that he had been removed from the area. And when google located him near Abbott could his phone actually been on 270 south in the car? I wonder if Greenfield Lake wilderness area has been searched?

Went to Easton today for some shopping and casually mentioned Tyler’s disappearance to a few workers, including one from the hotel. Not sure if I’m allowed to post what they said but it was very interesting and all of them were consistent. Anyone know if I’m allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soundvisualproductions