Ohio, Akron, police rescue 22 yr old held hostage for days...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

katydid23

Reaction score
Thirty-three-year-old William Mozingo was arrested after he allegedly held a 23-year-old woman against her will for four days inside a garage in Akron, Ohio. Bodycam video shows officers finding the woman and helping her to safety on Oct. 16. Mozingo was taken to jail on kidnapping and other charges. He has reportedly been arrested and convicted in several other kidnapping cases. The woman was taken to a local hospital for her non-life-threatening injuries.

Bodycam: Ohio Man Kidnapped Woman, Held Her Prisoner in Garage, Police Say​

Another woman came forward after he did the same thing to her a few years ago. He was in jail for only 18 months, after holding her captive, brutally raping and beating her for 4 days...:mad:

Thirty-three-year-old William Mozingo was arrested after he allegedly held a 23-year-old woman against her will for four days inside a garage in Akron, Ohio. Bodycam video shows officers finding the woman and helping her to safety on Oct. 16. Mozingo was taken to jail on kidnapping and other charges. He has reportedly been arrested and convicted in several other kidnapping cases. The woman was taken to a local hospital for her non-life-threatening injuries.

Bodycam: Ohio Man Kidnapped Woman, Held Her Prisoner in Garage, Police Say​

Another woman came forward after he did the same thing to her a few years ago. He was in jail for only 18 months, after holding her captive, brutally raping and beating her for 4 days...:mad:

' ... arrested and convicted in several other kidnapping cases ...'

WHY was he out of prison???!!!

Poor woman, she seemed in terrible condition. I hope they can keep this guy locked up for a while.

Akron Police Department body camera footage captured the moment when officers rescued a woman being held against her will for four days.
Man imprisoned 3 times for kidnapping charged in multi-day abduction of woman in Akron

The article says the homeowners weren’t even aware he was hidden in the garage with the woman. The man who lived in the home went back to the garage to get some tools and discovered them. A very dangerous situation.

Last edited:

Heres an interview with the woman who suffered a fractured skull, among other injuries. She warns other young women to not get into cars with strange men. She said he had offered her a ride and seemed harmless.

bbm

A man who lives at the home found Mozingo and the woman in the garage at about 1 a.m., about nine hours before police forced the garage door open. The resident told police he’d gone into the garage for a dolly to take out an old washing machine and replace it with a new model.

“I was in there grabbing the dolly when I heard, ‘Bro,'” the man told police.

The voice belonged to Mozingo, someone the man and his wife said they knew but had cut off contact with months before. He told police he was outside talking with Mozingo when he heard a woman’s voice asking, “Can I come down now?” When he heard her a second time, he went into investigate and saw her in the attic-like space at the top of a ladder.

He climbed up and brought her down. She told him she was scared and didn’t know what to do, he said. The resident didn’t either. He went back inside and spoke with his wife, and they decided to wait until morning to call police.

“I didn’t know how to handle this while keeping her safe and without getting anyone else [hurt],” he told police. “He wasn’t in his right state of mind. I wanted to make it look like I wasn’t doing anything so he wouldn’t get panicky.”

The residents told police they suspected the wife’s 80-year-old father likely left the garage unlocked. But by the time police arrived, it was locked tight.

The body camera footage shows officers calling for Mozingo to come out before one of them takes a long, wooden tool to pry the door open. Once he did, officers approached with guns drawn — and Mozingo came out.

The Beacon Journal said that Mozingo was jailed for a kidnapping incident in Adams County in 2014 and in Stark County in 2017 and 2019, serving 18 months on the last one.

Kidnapped Woman Rescued After 4 Days; Held by Man With History of Kidnappings

October 22, 2023

Heres an interview with the woman who suffered a fractured skull, among other injuries. She warns other young women to not get into cars with strange men. She said he had offered her a ride and seemed harmless.

Why is this man FREE?!!!

bbm

A man who lives at the home found Mozingo and the woman in the garage at about 1 a.m., about nine hours before police forced the garage door open. The resident told police he’d gone into the garage for a dolly to take out an old washing machine and replace it with a new model.

The voice belonged to Mozingo, someone the man and his wife said they knew but had cut off contact with months before. He told police he was outside talking with Mozingo when he heard a woman’s voice asking, “Can I come down now?” When he heard her a second time, he went into investigate and saw her in the attic-like space at the top of a ladder.

He climbed up and brought her down. She told him she was scared and didn’t know what to do, he said. The resident didn’t either. He went back inside and spoke with his wife, and they decided to wait until morning to call police.

“I didn’t know how to handle this while keeping her safe and without getting anyone else [hurt],” he told police. “He wasn’t in his right state of mind. I wanted to make it look like I wasn’t doing anything so he wouldn’t get panicky.”

The residents told police they suspected the wife’s 80-year-old father likely left the garage unlocked. But by the time police arrived, it was locked tight.

The body camera footage shows officers calling for Mozingo to come out before one of them takes a long, wooden tool to pry the door open. Once he did, officers approached with guns drawn — and Mozingo came out.

The Beacon Journal said that Mozingo was jailed for a kidnapping incident in Adams County in 2014 and in Stark County in 2017 and 2019, serving 18 months on the last one.

October 22, 2023
This a perfect example of someone who needs life in prison. He will offend again when let out.

Why is this man FREE?!!!

I think he's in jail now, but had gotten fairly short sentences for previous kidnapping incidents.

According to Akron Municipal Court, Mozingo faces charges of felonious assault, unlawful restraint, kidnapping, abduction, parole violation and escape. He's being held in Summit County Jail on a $100,000 bond as of Friday. The case remains under investigation, police said.

In 2020, he was found guilty of kidnapping and aggravated assault and was sentenced to 18 months in prison, according to documents filed within the Stark County Court of Common Pleas.

His previous offense was in Stark County, which is just south of Akron/Summit County. He was sentenced to 18 months in prison then.

Actually, he's been imprisoned 3 times. They need to make this one stick for a while. I posted this link earlier, upthread:

ETA: Just a hunch, but it seems likely that drugs (meth) are involved in his crimes. It doesn't excuse his horrible behavior, nor does it reflect negatively on his victims. It just might explain why he is doing this over and over. Those drugs can really damage your brain, it seems.

From the 2019 kidnapping he was busted for:

Stark County court records show on April 4, he beat his 29-year-old ex-girlfriend, tried to strangle her and, at some point, put a knife to her throat. The court records also show he restrained her, refusing to let her leave for four days.

Canton police talked to her on April 8, and warrants for his arrest were issued the next day, said Katie Erchick Gilbert, deputy chief counsel for the Canton Prosecutor’s Office.

Investigators are trying to piece together how, just a few days after that, she came to be in an abandoned house on Cobbler Road in Carroll County with the man accused of abducting her in Canton.

Last edited:
I think he's in jail now, but had gotten fairly short sentences for previous kidnapping incidents.

His previous offense was in Stark County, which is just south of Akron/Summit County. He was sentenced to 18 months in prison then.

Actually, he's been imprisoned 3 times. They need to make this one stick for a while. I posted this link earlier, upthread:

ETA: Just a hunch, but it seems likely that drugs (meth) are involved in his crimes.

From the 2019 kidnapping he was busted for:

They need to change the laws to reflect the severity of the crime of violent abduction and kidnapping. These light sentences are ridiculous.

bbm

October 22, 2023
Wait, what?!!! They waited for nine hours to call police, WTH? He could have killed her!!!

They need to change the laws to reflect the severity of the crime of violent abduction and kidnapping. These light sentences are ridiculous.

Some of those judges down there in those counties like Stark and Carroll, I don't know. JMO, they see a lot of these as drug-related cases where both victim and perp are addicts, so a "victimless" crime. They're wrong, of course. Carroll and Stark county judges should have done more, but they're surprisingly lax. Some of us followed a case a while back of a little 14 yo boy who died of a fentanyl overdose while working on the dairy farm of a family friend one weekend. Never heard the real story, but it was believed the kid had a toothache and took a pill from a bottle of what he thought was a pain reliever.

It took the county prosecutor a really long time to charge the young man (drug addict) who ran the dairy farm for his parents and gave the pill to the kid. I almost thought they were going to let it slide. The guy later changed his story and said the kid wanted to take fentanyl, which was ludicrous. He finally admitted guilt but didn't say exactly how it happened and made it sound like an accident or blamed the victim. He got a maximum of 9 years. Unreal.

Last edited:
View attachment 458224

Stark County Ohio Name Search- DOB 2/1/1990

He's also had trouble down in Adams Co, OH, the Appalachian part of Ohio. Also drugs down there. Adams is next to Pike County, OH, where 8 members of the Rhoden Family were murdered over a child custody case by the Wagner family, some of whom were known to be tweakers.

He's been trying all this "in a small town", so to speak. Getting by with it mostly. Family roots back to early 1830s in West Virginia.

Last edited:

He's also had trouble down in Adams Co, OH, the Appalachian part of Ohio. Also drugs down there. Adams is next to Pike County, OH, where 8 members of the Rhoden Family were murdered over a child custody case by the Wagner family, some of whom were known to be tweakers.

He's been trying all this "in a small town", so to speak. Getting by with it mostly. Family roots back to early 1830s in West Virginia.

Adams County OH Record Search​

You searched by name for "mozingo, william"​

7 matches were found

1EX78Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
Concerning: Mozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 05/13/2009

Case Type:
Viol./Cause:
2EX278Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 07/29/2011

Case Type:
Viol./Cause:
3EX578Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 06/27/2014

Case Type:
Viol./Cause:
4CA1025Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 05/02/2016

Case Type: Appeals
Viol./Cause:
CaseDocket
5CR20090029Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 03/05/2009

Case Type: Criminal
Viol./Cause:
6CR20100345Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 11/15/2010

Viol./Cause:
7CR20140066Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 03/14/2014

This guy has been abducting women since 2009 according to the cases above. So for over 14 years he has been allowed to commit violent crimes against women?

Adams County OH Record Search​

You searched by name for "mozingo, william"​

7 matches were found

1EX78Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 05/13/2009

Case Type:
Viol./Cause:
2EX278Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 07/29/2011

Case Type:
Viol./Cause:
3EX578Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 06/27/2014

Case Type:
Viol./Cause:
4CA1025Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 05/02/2016

Case Type: Appeals
Viol./Cause:
CaseDocket
5CR20090029Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 03/05/2009

Viol./Cause:
6CR20100345Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 11/15/2010

Viol./Cause:
7CR20140066Mozingo, WilliamMozingo, William
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed: 03/14/2014

This guy has been abducting women since 2009 according to the cases above. So for over 14 years he has been allowed to commit violent crimes against women?

From nearby Chillicothe, OH where abducted, missing and murdered women are no big deal

This time, he may have ventured too far north in his crime spree. He's up in the city now. Sherry Bevan Walsh has been Summit County Prosecutor for quite a while and she's pretty good. The Summit County Common Pleas Court Bench are all "wimmin" judges.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back