Ohio Bill Would Make Abortion Illegal Without Paternal Consent

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would maybe agree IF the father was then going to take custody- dont agree if the "father" says no to an abortion, but only wants the child placed up for adoption

snipped----.I think it would be mean to force a woman to endure nine months of preganancy then labor only to adopt the child out against her wishes. Not all woamn can handle that emotionally.I can only assume that you do not agree with abortion at all which is fine, but I still have the viewpoint of my body my choice.
And to make it a crime to have an abortion is over the top in my opinion.

you said it sooooo much better than I did

In the case of rape there had to be a police report.

This really bothered me because what if the woman didn't report the rape only to find herself pregnant. Now she would be forced to carry the child of her rapist.

I'm a member of a single parent group, and two of the mothers I can think of conceived due to rape. One date rape, and the other, raped by a stranger. I had a neighbor years ago, who had a grown child who was conceived via rape. Each of these women did not believe in abortion, and felt it was no fault of the childs so they did carry the child to term and kept the child.

The girl on the SP forum who was raped by a stranger is having a difficult time having her fiance/ possibly now husband adopt her daughter. No she never reported it, was young at the time, and her choice now is to print her daughters name in the paper for several weeks to see if any "alleged" fathers appear. She has thus far chosen not too, as she does not want to do that in a small town and expose her daughter to that kind of trauma, I don't blame her. A putative fathers registry exists if a man believes he has impregnated someone, so she can't give the child up for adoption without his consent.

NEver mind the horror stories on reporting and convicting rape, it's difficult.

I too am opposed to abortion, however, as it's been stated, a womans choice is a womans choice. Who am I to throw a stone, when we have all sinned in one way or another. I get teased and called the Polish Nun since I've chosen abstinence, and am in my early 40's. Don't think I will engage until long after I am sure I have hit menapause...... also due to my beliefs.

Only if it's his body that will go through 9 months of pregnancy, and birth and the year of recovery, does he get the choice. But it's not. It's mine.

It's not just so simple. Pregnancy involves work problems, career problems, physical problems, up to and including bed rest for months, permanent injury, death. No amount of money can compensate for that (and I bet that's how much support the father who wants to stop the abortion has to give - none - right?). After the birth - then what happens to the child? Is the father a good sole parent? Can you be positive that the adoptive family, if there is one, will be good parents? Because if I'm going to bring a child into the world, I'm not just going to ignore what happens to it after. Far better to abort an unthinking cluster of cells than to doom a living human being to a lousy childhood of abuse.

OT- but there is tons of data indicating not so many woman died as a result of illegal abortions, and another interesting site is preists for life, and information on abortion survivors......

end of my soapbox.

It can be an interesting debate as long as people can respect each others views.
Oh and don't mention religion.:D

This is really about whether the father should have a say in what a woman does with her body.

It really is about that. If the father carried the bullet, so to speak, would this ever be an issue? I have my doubts.

If the father wanted to take the child and raise it, I would be open to that as an option, but - as written - I think the bill stinks.

It really is about that. If the father carried the bullet, so to speak, would this ever be an issue? I have my doubts.

If the father wanted to take the child and raise it, I would be open to that as an option, but - as written - I think the bill stinks.
I still think it stinks no matter what. It isn't his body...he shouldn't have a choice. If he doesn't like that reality...tell him to take it up with God.

I am strongly pro-abortion--A woman should absolutely have the right to have one if she so wishes--This bill is stupid because why should the male have anything to with this decision--Its the woman's body that goes thru this for 9 months and sometimes a lot of morning sickness is involved--She should not be forced to endure this just because the male says not so fast--and this whole subject begs the question, well what if the woman wants the baby and the male doesn't? Should she be forced to have an abortion because he objects? of course not--But both partners in either situation should respect and be open-minded about what the other wants and no one needs any bill to tell everyone what they HAVE to do

If this bill passed, can you imagine all the unwanted babies that would be abandoned and / or murdered? It would force girls and women into having children they do not want... and we already see what happens - the babies are abandoned and/or killed.

While I respect father's rights, father's rights do not start until the child is born.

The baby is just as much a part of the father as it is the mother so I never could understand to begin with why the father never had a say so in this matter.

They should give the father a say....he helped create it, it is part of him that the mother is murdering. That's a fact.

If I decide at work that someone other than my wife is going to be the beneficiary of my insurance policy, guess what? SHE HAS TO SIGN IT.

Until a girl reaches the age of majority (most states 18), she should have to get her parent's permission. I agree. She isn't a legal adult and this is a good law.

Cal

If this bill passed, can you imagine all the unwanted babies that would be abandoned and / or murdered? It would force girls and women into having children they do not want... and we already see what happens - the babies are abandoned and/or killed.

While I respect father's rights, father's rights do not start until the child is born.

Oh what absolute BS.....a father's rights don't start until birth?

Laughable feminism at its worst.

I would submit that the opposite would happen.....the children would either be born and adopted out or given to the father or perhaps, PERHAPS, the kids will stop having sex because they know that abortion is no longer an option.

At the end of this life, women who had abortions will have to answer for that. There will be no Supreme Court justices standing there....there will be no ACLU....the will be no case law. Just a really angry God proclaiming the woman a murderer. Don't believe that? Gooooood luck.

JMHO

Cal

I would submit that the opposite would happen.....the children would either be born and adopted out or given to the father or perhaps, PERHAPS, the kids will stop having sex because they know that abortion is no longer an option.

God gives life and God takes life. I feel sorry for anyone who spouts out this garbage about it being a woman's body and blah blah blah. That baby inside of the womb is a real human being from inception and sometime these murderers will face a God that isn't mocked with nonsensical Supreme Court decisions. Don't believe that? Good luck with it.

JMHO

Cal
yes I agree- with what I highlighted in your post- now, that is BS

At the end of this life, women who had abortions will have to answer for that. There will be no Supreme Court justices standing there....there will be no ACLU....the will be no case law. Just a really angry God proclaiming the woman a murderer. Don't believe that? Gooooood luck.

JMHO

Cal
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member