OK - Athena Brownfield, 4, found deceased, Cyril, 10 Jan 2023 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Now, community members are rallying around Athena's sister, and have created a bank account for donations to go straight to the family currently taking care of the 5-year-old.

The community of Cyril is rallying together to support the 5-year-old sister of Athena Brownfield.

Court documents said Athena’s sister told the post office employee she “was tired of being alone."

Donnie Miller, the pastor at Family Life Search, said part of the proceeds will go into an account that will help the family that’s currently taking care of Athena’s sister.

Part of the money is going to the family who is taking care of Athena’s sister? Where’s the rest going?

So it's safe to assume the ME has released her little body?
Perhaps. But they may be having a memorial service that doesn't involve the body. Lots of people do. I was startled when I went to my aunt's service a few years ago and there was no casket in the church.

EDIT: As for her body, it depends on the case. Athena Strand's body was released quickly to her family, within a week, I think. But Quinton Simon's remains were still with the FBI as of the 6th of January. As for condition... I think this Athena would be more in need of, say, a forensic anthropologist, like Quinton was. Athena Strand was found quickly, within days. Quinton's body was subjected to a much longer interval, and much more postmortem trauma. This Athena wasn't in a landfill, but it was weeks, and it's possible they need to keep her body for longer to be sure of what happened to her.

Last edited:
News is reporting they have Ivon back in Oklahoma now.

So... any court dates coming up for him? At least in the next 24 to 48 hours I would think?
TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

Perhaps. But they may be having a memorial service that doesn't involve the body. Lots of people do. I was startled when I went to my aunt's service a few years ago and there was no casket in the church.

EDIT: As for her body, it depends on the case. Athena Strand's body was released quickly to her family, within a week, I think. But Quinton Simon's remains were still with the FBI as of the 6th of January. As for condition... I think this Athena would be more in need of, say, a forensic anthropologist, like Quinton was. Athena Strand was found quickly, within days. Quinton's body was subjected to a much longer interval, and much more postmortem trauma. This Athena wasn't in a landfill, but it was weeks, and it's possible they need to keep her body for longer to be sure of what happened to her.
Yes, of course. You're exactly right! I don't know what I was thinking of. To be honest I didn't think it would be released this soon BUT I am expecting them to find fractured ribs, if in fact she was punched by the force that IA could administer.

"A" = ATHENA BROWNFIELD, age 4 (originally reported as 3), wearing pink butterfly sweater and pink pants, may have limited verbal skills [3]
"5yoSis" = Athena's older sister, found wandering neighborhood on T Jan 10

AA = ALYSIA ADAMS - 32-year-old caregiver of Athena and 5yo sister, arrested Jan 12 for child neglect; estranged from husband IA, 4 children together; cousin of A's mother [18] - FB1 / FB2 / TikTok
IA = IVON ADAMS - caregiver of Athena and 5yo sister, arrested Jan 12 in Phoenix, AZ as 'fugitive from justice'; estranged husband of AA, 4 children together - FB

UPDATED MAP:
AB2.jpg

-------------------------------------------------

~2021 ("at least a year" [17]; "a year and a half ago" [18]; "approximately 1.5 to 2 years" [19])
A and 5yoSis entrusted into care of AA and IA

Su DEC 25
~12PM - [according to AA's Jan 12 confession] IA beat A to death [19]

M DEC 26

• ~1AM = [according to AA's Jan 12 confession] IA left with A's body, said he buried her near fence at old residence in Rush Springs and placed a broken branch over the burial site [19]
  • 4:15AM to 5:30AM - phone records show IA traveling to Rush Springs [19]
T DEC 27

W DEC 28

Th DEC 29

• AA posts pic of manicure on Instagram [23]
F DEC 30
  • AA posts pic of salon visit on social media [23]
  • IA posts pic of himself on buffalo statue on social media [23]
Sa DEC 31
  • AA shares quote on social media about "starting over" in new year [23]
Su JAN 1
  • AA posts about new year on social media [23]
M JAN 2

T JAN 3

• AA posts about how "everything always ends up working out" on social media [23]
W JAN 4

Th JAN 5

F JAN 6

• updated presumed date of disappearance [6]
  • date LE believes 5yoSis was left alone [23]
  • AA posts pics of date with new boyfriend on social media [23]
Sa JAN 7
  • initial presumed date of disappearance [2] - cf F JAN 6
  • AA enjoys weekend getaway with new boyfriend BD in Oklahoma City (1hr from residence) [13*]

Su JAN 8
  • AA enjoys weekend getaway with new boyfriend BD in Oklahoma City [13*]
M JAN 9
A's 5yo sister found by OSBI agent? [2@1:45] - cf T JAN 10

T JAN 10 - REPORTED MISSING

• 2PM - A reported missing from 225 W Nebraska Ave [1] when 5yo sister found unattended near home by mail carrier [2] who reported to Cyril police [6]; 5yo did not require medical care and is now in protective custody [3@0:45]; 5yoSis stated that she was home alone and tired of being alone [19]
  • during phone call with LE, AA asked where A was [19]
  • PM - OSBI posts press release asking for public's help in finding A [1]
  • 5PM - Search including helicopters, 250 searchers [2@1:00]
  • 9PM - residence marked off with crime tape [6], executing search warrant as part of "standard procedure" [3]
W JAN 11
  • FBI confirmed to be assisting on case, though not on location [6]
  • 7:30AM - prayer vigil held at First Baptist Church [3]
  • LE held press conference [3] - transcripts by @Allabouttrial HERE
    • "collecting items that could be relevant" [3@0:35]
    • checking land, waterways/ponds/sonar [3@3:00]
  • 4PM - search (including vacant houses, waterways, search dogs, drones, etc) concluded [4]
  • PM - Estranged paternal grandmother spoke to media [5]
Th JAN 12 - ARRESTS
  • AM - trash pickup halted until cleared by OSBI [7]
  • PM - Caregiver Alysia Adams arrested on two counts of child neglect [8], Suburban seized from home [10vid1@0:55]
    View attachment 395124
  • AA interviewed, confessed to LE that IA had beaten A to death on Dec 25 [19]
  • [TIME?] - Caregiver Ivon Adams arrested in Phoenix, AZ under 'fugitive from justice' charge [9] - arrest papers
F JAN 13
  • $1000 reward offered by searchers [10vid1@1:00]
  • LE searched near family's former home near Rush Springs, OK [11]
  • IA in Maricopa County (AZ) Court - waived extradition hearing [12]
Sa JAN 14
  • heavy LE presence searching at creek reservoir in Grady County (where IA has connections) with boats, dive team [14]
  • PM - vigil held for A at City Hall[15]
Su JAN 15
  • AM - LE revisited residence [16]
M JAN 16
  • LE stated that this is now considered a "recovery operation" [17]
T JAN 17
  • remains of a child recovered in rural Grady County [20] (location based on MSM video/photos -- 34°51'17.9"N 97°55'29.6"W - GoogleMaps)
  • AA court date: $500,000 bond with restrictions if posted. She cannot leave Oklahoma, she has to have a GPS tracker on her and she can't have contact with witnesses [20]
Th JAN 19
  • obituary posted [21]
  • PM - IA booked into Caddo County Jail [21]
W JAN 25
  • 2PM - funeral to be held [21]

[1] OSBI FB post - Jan 10
[2] Authorities, Community Search for Missing 4-Year-Old w VIDEO - NewsOn6 - Jan 11
[3] Search continues for missing 4-Year-Old w PRESSER VIDEO & TRANSCRIPT - KOCO - Jan 11
[4] OSBI completes grid search - ABC7 - Jan 11
[5] Grandmother of missing 4-year-old - ABC7 - Jan 11
[6] Latest on search for Athena - ABC7 - Jan 11
[7] Cyril halts all trash pick-up - ABC7 - Jan 12
[8] Arrest made as search for missing - KFOR - Jan 12
[9] Second caregiver arrested - KSWO - Jan 13
[10] Second caregiver arrested w VIDEOs - KOCO - Jan 13
[11] Investigators searching for missing 4-year-old - News9 - Jan 13
[12] Ivon Adams, caretaker of Athena Brownfield - KSWO - Jan 13
[13*] Missing Athena Brownfield's TikTok Obsessed Caregiver - DailyMail [*TABLOID] - Jan 13
[14] Heavy police presence at creek reservoir - KSWO - Jan 14
[15] Cyril community holds vigil - KFOR - Jan 14
[16] OSBI investigators revisit home - KFOR - Jan 15
[17] OBSI: Search for 4-year-old - KOAM - Jan 16
[18] Family of Missing 4-year-old - KWTV - Jan 16
[19] Court Docs: Athena Brownfield Killed on Christmas - KSWO - Jan 17
[20] Athena Brownfield Search - KOCO - Jan 17
[21] Athena Brownfield obituary - Stittworth Funeral Services - Jan 18
[22] Ivon Adams accused of killing - KFOR - Jan 19
[23] Timeline of Social Media Posts - KWTV - Jan 18

Last edited:
According to the documents obtained by KSWO, A[redacted] told police after she was discovered that she had been left in the house and was "tired of being alone."

The five-year-old girl spoke of her caretakers, Ivon and Alysia Adams, who she tragically referred to as "mom" and "dad," the docs reveal.
Heartbreaking details about 4-year-old's life emerge in obit after body found
Every time I read this quote from when Athena's sister was found abandoned, I am reminded that this is the same "excuse" AA gave for why she left the home. :mad: :mad:

IT upsets me so much to see children go missing.. I hope she is found soon!!!

Yes, of course. You're exactly right! I don't know what I was thinking of. To be honest I didn't think it would be released this soon BUT I am expecting them to find fractured ribs, if in fact she was punched by the force that IA could administer.
Agreed.
To think of a former marine and a full grown man punching a tiny girl like that makes me livid.
:mad:
I'd expect the ME will also look for past, healed fractures, etc ?
And to think both children hadn't been to see a doctor.
Smh.
Athena may have been somewhat non-verbal, but in the presence of an angry adult she may have frozen up completely, thus making him more enraged ?
Sickening.

I’ve been silently following this case it’s so upsetting and I have a feeling that as the details emerge it’s going to get even worse.

From SM AA is self absorbed, desperate to portray herself as living a perfect life. She appears vain and self centred there are so many pictures of her posing with nice clothes, full face of makeup, hair and nails done. While her kids appear malnourished and abused.

Over the last year there is an obvious decline in the children’s appearance - her own children this is, there are absolutely zero pictures of Athena or her sister. In some pictures you can see suspicious marks on their faces, they look tired and pale. Hairs haven’t been brushed in what looks like days/weeks etc.. I can’t shake the feeling that all children in the house were victims of at the very least neglect but wouldn’t be surprised if there was abuse going on towards them also.

You genuinely wouldn’t think that she had Athena or her sister. They don’t get a mention atall. You can see how AA obviously favourites one of her children, but even that child appears unclean and unkempt especially in the last few months. The decline is very striking to me over the last year. While AA appears to become more and more obsessed with her own image and looks, her children appear more and more neglected. Where were the other 4 children when AA’s sister was found home alone? I may have missed that post. I feel that all of these children have suffered at the hands of AA and IA. What we’re 6 children doing while she was putting her makeup on and taking selfies? ALL MOO

Ivon Adams, the man accused of killing 4-year-old Athena Brownfield, appeared in front of Judge David Stephens in the Caddo County Courthouse Friday.

The state and defense attorney both signed off on a gag order regarding this case.

The court also denied a bond for Adams. The state requested there not be a bond due to Adams being extradited from Arizona.

His defense attorney, Mitchell Solomon, said he was not going to argue the request at this time.

Ivon Adam’s next court appearance will be at 9 a.m. on April 27.

(THREE months?)

I keep wondering why they are taking the word of the witness, his wife. There must be someone else in the house that saw him kill A (?). Or witnessed the disposal?

I've been just sort of skimming this case as it's so disgusting, but how did LE know the female was telling the truth?

I keep wondering why they are taking the word of the witness, his wife. There must be someone else in the house that saw him kill A (?). Or witnessed the disposal?

I've been just sort of skimming this case as it's so disgusting, but how did LE know the female was telling the truth?

LE has said that there is evidence on his phone.

It's also possible that Athena's sister and the other children have given information. We probably won't know what evidence they have any time soon. As of Friday there is a gag order.

Will either of them be Adult enough to accept a plea deal, and save the other 5 children from testifying in court???

All of the children have been traumatized enough imho.

jmho of course.

Since it is only a day late - I shall go ahead & post this to keep my stuff straight! :) And I can shorten this up a bit!

Friday, January 20th:
*First Appearance Hearing (for Ivon) (@ am CT) - OK – Athena Alexandria Brownfield (4) - Athena & her sister (5) were left alone on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023 but Athena was first reported missing on Jan. 10, 2023 after her sister was found walking alone near the town of Cyril by a postal worker & he contacted LE. Athena was found on Jan. 17, 2023 in Rush Springs, Grand County; found out that she had died on Dec. 26, 2022 from Alysia’s interrogation. - *Alysia Adams (31) arrested (1/12/23) & charged (1/17/23) with 2 counts of child neglect – one for failing to supervise Athena's sister & another for failing to protect Athena from her husband’s physical abuse. Plead not guilty. Bond @ $500K with restrictions if bonded out.
OK – Athena Alexandria Brownfield (4) - Athena & her sister (5) were left alone on Friday, Jan. 6, 2023 but Athena was first reported missing on Jan. 10, 2023 after her sister was found walking alone near the town of Cyril by a postal worker & he contacted LE. Athena was found on Jan. 17, 2023 in Rush Springs, Grand County; found out that she had died on Dec. 26, 2022 from Alysia’s interrogation. - *Ivon Neil Adams III (36) arrested (1/12/23 in Phoenix, AZ) & held on a fugitive from justice charge. Felony warrant from OK. for 1st degree murder & child neglect. Held without bond pending extradition to OK. Booked (1/19/23) in Caddo County Jail. Held on $1M bond. *Charged (1/20/23) with 1st degree murder & child neglect. No bond.
Athena Brownfield was reported missing around 2 p.m. this afternoon, 1/10/23 from 225 W. Nebraska. Has been missing since 1/7/23 Saturday. Cyril police asked for assistance from the OSBI with the search. A command post has been established at Family Life Church in Cyril. Please do not self-deploy to the scene. If you want to volunteer to help with the search, please come to the command post & ask for the OSBI. Cyril police, Caddo County Sheriff's Office and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol are assisting with the search. Authorities said Brownfield’s 5 yr. old sister, whose name has not been released, was also missing & found on Monday, 1/12/23 by a postal worker near her home. Alysa Adams was arrested 1/12/23, Thursday afternoon on two complaints of child neglect after Athena was reported missing in Caddo County. Adams & her husband were caregivers to the 2 sisters. Ivon Adams was arrested 1/12/23, Thursday in Phoenix, Arizona & is being held on a fugitive from justice charge, according to the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office. Adams was arrested on an outstanding felony warrant from Oklahoma for murder in the first degree & child neglect. Ivon has currently waived his right to an extradition hearing in Arizona and is being held in Maricopa County Jail as he awaits extradition to Oklahoma.
1/13/23 Update: During Ivon Adams' court appearance Friday, 1/13/23, an Arizona judge initially set his bond for $1 million, if Adams chose to remain in Arizona for an extradition hearing. However, Adams waved his rights to an extradition hearing, saying “I want to get there and take care of it. He will now be held without bond for up to 30 days in the Maricopa County Jail, as he awaits extradition to Oklahoma.”
1/17/23 Update: Ivon Adams allegedly beat Athena to death & buried her near their old house, according to court documents in the case against him. The affidavit for Adams’ arrest alleges that his wife, Alysia Adams, confessed to authorities in a 1/12/23 interview that her husband beat Athena on Christmas night & “held her up by her arms.” Athena was “not moving & her eyes were barely open,” the affidavit alleged. Ivon Adams allegedly then took Athena’s body & “buried her near a fence line” close to their old home in Rush Springs, according to the court document. He also allegedly told his wife he placed a “large broken branch” over the site, according to the affidavit. In its Tuesday announcement, the state’s bureau of investigation said the child remains were recovered in rural Grady County, “outside of Rush Springs. Ivon Adams then “laid her on the ground & punched her at least three more times in the chest,” and the child did not move after that, Alysia Adams allegedly told police, according to the affidavit. According to Alysia's affidavit, she & her husband took care of the two children from their biological mother two years ago, but had yet to take them for a doctor's checkup or enroll them at school.
1/17/23 Update: A not guilty plea was entered on Alysia Adams’ behalf during a court hearing. Adams remains in custody in Caddo County after she was arrested last week. On Tuesday an Oklahoma judge set a bond of $500K with restrictions if posted. She cannot leave Oklahoma, she has to have a GPS tracker on her & she can't have contact with witnesses. The district attorney also mentioned the felony charges Adams’ is facing could be upgraded or additional charges could be added.
1/19/23: Alysia: Application for Order to stop prejudicial pretrial publicity. Motions hearing on 1/26/23 @ 1:30pm & initial appearance on 3/23/23 @ 9am. Order prohibiting extrajudicial statements.
1/19/23: Ivon Adams was booked into Caddo county Jail at 8:57pm on Thursday evening, 1/19/23. Being held on $1M bond. 1/20/23: Ivon: Pauper's affidavit application for court appointed Counsel. Order appointing OK. indigent defense system. First appearance hearing on 1/20/23.
1/20/23 Update: Ivon Adams appeared in front of Judge David Stephens in the Caddo County Courthouse Friday. The state & defense attorney both signed off on a gag order regarding this case. The court also denied a bond for Adams. The state requested there not be a bond due to Adams being extradited from Arizona. His defense attorney, Mitchell Solomon, said he was not going to argue the request at this time. Adams is facing one count of child neglect & one count of first degree murder. Adam’s next court appearance will be at 9am on 4/27/23.

Will either of them be Adult enough to accept a plea deal, and save the other 5 children from testifying in court???

All of the children have been traumatized enough imho.

jmho of course.
She must have proof that she wasn't with him at the burial site, other than her phone not being with her. (if that is the situation, don't know). <modsnip - other children are off limits>

4 days and nights alone for the 5 year old, wondering where her little sister was. What if the heat went off. Or a fire was started while she was sleeping.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back