OK - Cops Try to ID Boy Abandoned at Wal-Mart by Fleeing Shoplifter

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LOL JanetElaine. This guy is lucky WE aren't looking for him ourselves, eh?!

I'm curious to see how this shakes out. The only thing I can think of is that he was supposed to be visiting someone for the weekend/week??? Maybe seeing Grandma with his dad and the parents are divorced??? So that would be why the mom didn't know he was missing. Right?

If she talked to the dad every day and he was acting like everything was fine...

I don't know. I always talk to my kids when I'm away, even when they were little and could only have the phone held up to their ear to hear my voice. Maybe I'm just weird. :blushing:

I'm dying to know who the guy is in the video and where Mom thought the little boy was during all this time.

LOL Taximom...we'd be all over the case!

LOL JanetElaine. This guy is lucky WE aren't looking for him ourselves, eh?!

He sure is! Maybe seeing a horde of WS'ers coming at him would give him an idea of how scared that little boy was! And then we'd teach him a few other valuable lessons. All genty, of course. :angel:

Then again I get these feelings with a lot of the articles I read on here. We'd be very busy!

Angelmom, you're not weird.... that's what I did too, and so did my husband when he was in the US, and me and DD still in Europe.... Heck my DD even talked to her pet bunny on the phone who had to remain with my parents overseas when we moved (you could hear him responding too, with excited little sounds, and my mom on the other end could see it made him happy! Back on topic now.... :o). Isn't that natural instinct or something, to want to have your child on the phone? I'm dying to find out too!

You're not wierd, Angelmom. I'm the same way. I smell a cover-up for the shoplifting man...maybe they were afraid to go to police to claim the boy?

A lot of adults use kids as a distraction or a means to shoplift. It's horrible. I worked at a shoe store in college and it was ridiculous the number of people who would train their kids to put new shoes on and walk out the door or place their kids around them in such a way that we couldn't see the new shoes on the adults feet as they walked out.
I'm glad this little boy is going home to his family. I hope no one puts him in a situation like this again.

This happened to a girl in Sugar Land a couple of years ago, her mother and another female relative fled the scene and left her.

They terminated the mother's parental rights and the girl was adopted by her foster care family.

Maybe this little boy's abandonment will eventually end up with a happier ending for him as well.

How could you not report your son/nephew/grandson missing for five days while a man that is NOT his father has him...or doesn't have him as in this case?! I call my grands daily and would know if something was up. He shouldn't be allowed to be returned to this family without an indepth investigation. They should charge the mother for failure to report it!

Cops ID Boy Abandoned by Fleeing Shoplifter at Oklahoma City Wal-Mart

OKLAHOMA CITY — Relatives of a young boy who was left in a Wal-Mart store by a suspected shoplifter came forward and identified the child on Wednesday, police said.

The relatives, three women, told The Oklahoman that the child's name is Bryan Allen, 3. They also said the man who abandoned the boy is not his father.

More at link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295149,00.html

How could you not report your son/nephew/grandson missing for five days while a man that is NOT his father has him...or doesn't have him as in this case?! I call my grands daily and would know if something was up. He shouldn't be allowed to be returned to this family without an indepth investigation. They should charge the mother for failure to report it!
:clap: :clap: :clap: i want to know how this guy got the kid before they give him back. how was this child missing for days and nobody noticed? if he turns out to be moms man of the week i would not be shocked.

:clap: :clap: :clap: i want to know how this guy got the kid before they give him back. how was this child missing for days and nobody noticed? if he turns out to be moms man of the week i would not be shocked.
Suspect arrested in abandonment case

Police have arrested a man whom they say abandoned Bryan Allen, 3, at a local Wal-Mart store last week.

The man is not related to Bryan, police said, but is a friend of the boy's mother.
Morris James McCaskill, 28, was arrested this afternoon by Oklahoma City police child abuse detectives at an apartment complex in the 6600 block of NW 10, police said in a news release. He was booked on complaints of child neglect and larceny of merchandise and on three separate felony warrants for violating a suspended sentence.

http://newsok.com/article/3114398

I am so glad they found that !!! The mother should be facing similar serious charges for allowing Bryan's disappearance to go unreported for five days. Where in the hell did she THINK her son was?!?! Sounds like she was covering her own @zz and her boyfriend's! Freaking crackheads!!

Is anyone else as irritated as I am that the news stories are STILL not saying how the child came to be in this man's care? Or that no charges have been filed against his mother or whomever had custody of him?

This is crazy!!! :behindbar

Every adult involved in this case needs to be smacked around.

Freaking crackheads!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That made me laugh!

I am so glad they found that !!! The mother should be facing similar serious charges for allowing Bryan's disappearance to go unreported for five days. Where in the hell did she THINK her son was?!?! Sounds like she was covering her own @zz and her boyfriend's! Freaking crackheads!!

I totally agree!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imabrattoo
Back