OK OK - Deborah Farmer, 26, Midwest City, 1 June 1981

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Farmer is her married name. Her maiden name was Willis. She graduated from Central High in Marlow Ok. In 72. The picture on file is her senior picture. I know these things because I am her son. I just happened to be thinking of her and decided to Google her name and found this forum.

Thank you for the info and welcome to Websleuths Codenamefarm. I'm so sorry your mom is still missing. Do you have any ideas on what happened to her? There is not much info on her case. Any new details you can give might help us narrow down where/how to search for her?

I hope you find out soon where she has been all these years. I cannot imagine how you must feel.
:(

Hi, CodenameFarm. Thank you for sharing. To me it's seems difficult to see a bunch of strangers talking about your mother in a forum. How is this for you? Do you have any memories of your mother or were you to young when she dissapeared? Is there anything you would like us to help you with.

Deborah Joan Farmer
  • deborah_joan_farmer_1.jpg
  • farmer_deborah2.jpg
Farmer, circa 1981

• Missing Since 06/01/1981
  • Missing From Midwest City, Oklahoma
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Age 26 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2, 115 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Farmer's wrist was injured and in a cast at the time of her disappearance. She has a joint problem in her middle finger and it sticks up as a result. Farmer has a large surgical scar extending from under her right breast to her left hip. She had her gallbladder and a gallstone removed.
Details of Disappearance
Farmer was last seen in Midwest City, Oklahoma on June 1, 1981. She left her children with a babysitter, never came back to get them and has never been heard from again.

Farmer's car was found abandoned a year after her disappearance. Few details are available in her case.
Investigating Agency
  • Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation 405-879-2613
Source Information

I don't know the exact date but the year was 1955

Thankyou for sharing any information you can, the people here do really try to help find missing persons. As next of kin I’m sure you could request a birth certificate of your mother, the dob would be a huge help to finding her and/or eliminating people with the same name.

I just noticed that Deborah has just been ruled out against some Jane Doe's - this is what brought me to her case.
Here is her NamUs Profile

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She currently has 11 rule outs on her profile

UP5819 12/05/1981 St. Martin LA
UP4511 12/01/1984 Jack TX
UP12202 08/19/1982 Pawnee OK
UP6279 12/18/1996 Fairfax VA
UP6661 02/03/1991 Stafford VA
UP8419 01/16/2001 Isle of Wight VA
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP8493 12/06/1993 Fairfax VA
UP6642 08/07/1986 Chesterfield VA
UP6796 11/18/1985 Alleghany VA
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA

farmer_deborah.jpg

Twenty six year old Deborah Joan Farmer dropped her children off with a babysitter, in Midwest City, on June 1st, 1981 and was never seen again. Her car was reported stolen and was found abandoned one year after her disappearance.

Deborah was 5’ 2” tall and 115 pounds at the time of her disappearance. She had shoulder length curly brown hair that was usually dyed blond. She has a large scar for under right breast to her left hip. She also had a joint issue that caused her middle finger to stick up.

There is very little details on this case, so if you have any information please contact Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (405)879-2613.

Information resource(s):

NamUs #MP35284

Deborah Joan Farmer – The Charley Project

Deborah Joan Farmer — Oklahoma Cold Cases

farmer_deborah.jpg

Twenty six year old Deborah Joan Farmer dropped her children off with a babysitter, in Midwest City, on June 1st, 1981 and was never seen again. Her car was reported stolen and was found abandoned one year after her disappearance.

Deborah was 5’ 2” tall and 115 pounds at the time of her disappearance. She had shoulder length curly brown hair that was usually dyed blond. She has a large scar for under right breast to her left hip. She also had a joint issue that caused her middle finger to stick up.

There is very little details on this case, so if you have any information please contact Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (405)879-2613.

Information resource(s):

NamUs #MP35284

Deborah Joan Farmer – The Charley Project

Deborah Joan Farmer — Oklahoma Cold Cases
Was she collecting child support from anyone? If so, then that's the first person I'd look at.

There is a Debbie G in the 74 Midwest City yearbook. I think she might be our Deborah but I'm not a face person. Someone else want to take a look? I saved the photo but don't want to post until I know for sure. I didn't get any further in the yearbook before I had to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think that would be her. .* It stands to reason that if she was 26 years old in Jun 1981 when she disappeared, she would have been born 1955 or so. (give or take a year or so) had she been born in '55 she would likely have graduated at 17 or 18 which would have been '72 or '73. A quick check of the '74 and '72 Yearbooks ('73 is not avaialble on classmates.com) show no one with the last name of "Farmer." I went through the '71 and '72 yearbooks (The years she would have been 17 and 18) and found in '71 there were 7 (seven) females named Debbie or a variant thereof, that were in the senior class. In '72 there were a total of 19 Debbie or variants in the Senior class. (Assuming of course that she went to school in Midwest city!)

Needless to say, we do not know if "Farmer" was a married or maiden name. Another one of those rare details that might help to clarify who she actually was, as trying to track down a marriage license would be next to impossible without a DOB, or clarification about the child. Who was the father? Were they married? Divorced? a Single mother?

I will see if I cannot track down at least some newspaper articles about her disappearance. And the question then becomes was she reported missing in Midwest city? It is interesting that this poster lists her missing date as 27 Jun 81, but one could understand the police thinking she would turn up. (I am kind of doubting it however as her name does not bring up much on Google, save the usual missing persons related sites)

As one of the articles mentioned that she lived in Midwest City, I can go to the historical society and check the '71 and '72 phone books under the name of Farmer and see how many were in Midwest City.

Otherwise, the best info seems to be on this page. Other sources include:

* In looking thorugh the yearbooks, don't feel bad, I cannot say that any of the Debbie, Debi, Deborah's could or could not be her based on the yearbook pictures.

Attachments

• Deborah Farmer.jpg
    Deborah Farmer.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 1
The OSBI has a webpage for her at Cold Case Files E - F where they state that she went missing on June 27, 1981 while her NamUs webpage states it's June 1, 1981. Not sure if the 27th is the date she was actually last seen or if that is the date the missing persons report was taken by law enforcement.
Which presents yet another question. . which city was she actually reported missing in? Oklahoma city? Midwest City would seem logical, but the accounts have all been stingly with their details.

Can you give us a hint which sites you are seeing her on?
I am coming late to this party, but have been digging a bit on the matter. I would tend to discount that she just decided to disappear and say change her name or try to change identity, as it would be pretty rare for a woman to go off and leave her son behind. . .

Speaking of Son, I notice codenamefarm never bothered to come back after 22 Sept 2019. But I will add that there are some oddities in what he offers. It just so happens Marlow in '70 was a very small town, less than 4,000 people, and only a single highschool, in 1972. The yearbooks for '71. '72, '73 and '74 just happen to be on line. What is interesting it that for such a nice black and white Senior Picture. . there is no such person listed. . in the class picture, in the individual pictures or any of the clubs or organizations. No missed picture notes at the end either. Someone want to double check for me? The Marlow Year books are on line here:

Now, certainly someone could miss picture day, but we have the senior picture, but it is not in the Marlow yearbook.

It also strikes me a bit strange that a son would not know his mothers birthdate, and he never seemed to have come back to check on the case. (I hope the guy is alright, and I am dead wrong)
I am going to chase down this week which city or town she was listed as missing from, and see if we have a source for the photo.
I also encourage you to go to classmates dot com and enter the name Debbie Farmer in Midwest city and not that person is listed in the '72 year book, as a soph. Still possible to have graduated HS at 19 which is what would have happened had she graduated in '74. (with regards to the assumption she was born in 55. See what name it returns and ask youself why this would get someones attention.

One other thing, if you look up where Marlow Ok is, it is a small town South and West of Oklahoma city. There is an area called Central High which is WEST of town, but there no school there. I checked Duncan (south), Lawton (West and North), and Rush Springs (North) in 72 and looked at the juniors too. . that name does not appear there either.

Thoughts?

Hello, @whorton, I also noticed @Codenamefarm was only here at websleuths for a short time. I also thought it a bit odd on not knowing his mother's birthdate. I know my parents birthdates; I have them memorized.
Be that as it may, Codenamfarm did say that FARMER is her married name. Her maiden name is WILLIS. Also,
she was born in 1955, and she graduated from CENTRAL HIGH in Marlow Oklahoma in 1972 and the picture is her senior picture. Hope this helps. JMO MOO

tell me if I'm wrong, doesn't this woman's face look like Deborah's if her mouth were closed in that school photo? Her eyebrows look similar as well IMO. Anyone good with faces that can tell if this is close? Here is the Ancestry.com page I found this on. This is Marlow High School in 1971 - "Debbie Brown".
Also, I am not finding anything on a Deborah being married around 1972-81ish to anyone named Farmer, in OK. I would like to know the father of her son first, did they end up getting married? Did he see the child at all?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-22 114859.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-22 114859.png
    218.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hello, @whorton, I also noticed @Codenamefarm was only here at websleuths for a short time. I also thought it a bit odd on not knowing his mother's birthdate. I know my parents birthdates; I have them memorized.
Be that as it may, Codenamfarm did say that FARMER is her married name. Her maiden name is WILLIS. Also,
she was born in 1955, and she graduated from CENTRAL HIGH in Marlow Oklahoma in 1972 and the picture is her senior picture. Hope this helps. JMO MOO
Hey bettyboop,

Thanks for piping up. Yes, I had re-read the comments several times to ensure I was not reading the material incorrectly. The first big red flag for me was that when I went to Marlow Oklahoma classmates page and yearbooks was that there was no person named DEBORAH WILLIS. She was not listed under the student listings, or the full class page, which had everyone graduating on the school stage togather. Humm, I thought, Ok, everyone can miss picture day, but we were told that the photo was her Senior High picture (And I am assuming that Senior individual pictures were the responsibility of the now adult student) So, I looked twice at all of the clubs in the '72 year book, no such person. Again, Everyone can miss picture days. . looked in the '70 and '71 yearbooks SAME LACK OF RESULTS.

Now he did say his mother went to Central High. His literal quote was, ". . .She graduated from Central High in Marlow Ok. In 72. The picture on file is her senior picture. I know these things because I am her son."

Now there was or still is a Central High Elementry, and there is a notice in the '72 yearbook that this was their first year. Being a small town, Marlow could have had all classes combined at the old Central High Elementry/middle/high school, but with a population of just shy of 4,000, the're certainly are not TWO different and distinct highschools.

The next nearest bigger town is Duncan, 11 miles to the South. Checked their yearbooks, Rush Springs is smaller and to the North, The Biggest is Lawton to the Southwest. I checked all three highschools. There is no person in '72 or either year aside (before or after) by that name. There is a Deborah Farmer in '76 with a very unusual last name listed under Classmates.com when you Enter Deborah Farmer, Marlow, '73, and she is apparently still around.

As the Oklahoma State bureau of Investigation site (IIRC) notes there is very little information on this case. OK. .apparently the police never took it seriously until it was too late. . *sounds like kathleen Henson." but I digress. . .Who reported her missing?
What city was she reported missing in officially?
Did she have any other relatives? No one stuck around to give information to the poice? (where have we seen this before) Who was her husban?
Were they seperated?
As another user noted Was she getting money from the father?

Seriously? We don't have any of this data available? We are not even sure what her birthday and maiden name for sure is?

I don't want to say that information given by family is wrong, but User never stuck around and used a psudonym. Why?

Worse, why was the information so easy to check? Am I missing something important here. As I said, there is an area just West of MArlow called "Central High" but there is no real town and no school.

We have to ask again, if we know anyting.

Wesley Horton

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatD
Back