GUILTY OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK MMD, this is who I am talking about....

Missingmydad y dnt they check Willie potter and them 2 Mexican boys try got stuck down in the pits in pocola the night that ur dad went missing

The above was on the Topix website. I heard a Fonzie Potter and two friends showed up to the bar around closing time the night he was murdered!! MMD, do you know anything about this?!

What does that have to do with the arm of someone getting cut off at Monroe?

Because it was supposedly this Potter guy and a couple of his friend resposible for the incident in Monroe. After that happened, the guys showed up to Joes bar. He was not there at the time, but his GF was. Apparently the guys drank some free beer, got some free smokes, and told the GF they would be back tomorrow to pay back the money for what all they got. So, theres the question, DID THEY COME BACK??

Let me get this straight.
Willie/Fonzie Potter and two friends, that could be Mexicans, cut someones arm off in Monroe, came in to Joe's bar after the fact, ran up a tab for beer and cigarettes, told the girlfriend they would be back the next day to pay up, that means they were regulars or no tab would have been allowed. On the night of the murder they were stuck in the Pocola strip pits where Joe's body was found
Is that what you are saying?

If the safe is not tied into the murder then the POI that I first had would be more likely and would be business related as that POI is a high profile business man and has been rumored to be behind Thompson's murder several years ago and also behind Joe Neff's murder.
One of Americas safest small cities, two murders of bar owners in 25 years or so, possible murder of Wilson that also frequented a bar in Poteau around time of Neff's murder. Thompson taken from bar, shot and dumped in ditch on route to Pocola, Neff taken from bar, shot before most likely, taken to Pocola and body dumped into strip pits.
Same MOs, same locations
Does this Potter work for my POI? It has to be three that did it if the safe is involved. Even if not it takes one to drive and lookout, one to enter the bar and one at the house or bar, three to load dead man quickly as Joe most likely killed at bar due to amount of blood that was said to have been found there. One on each side and third on legs. Most likely all three are experienced hunters.
Did my POI hire them, what kind of business did Joe have with him? That will be your huckleberry

If the safe is not tied into the murder then the POI that I first had would be more likely and would be business related as that POI is a high profile business man and has been rumored to be behind Thompson's murder several years ago and also behind Joe Neff's murder.
One of Americas safest small cities, two murders of bar owners in 25 years or so, possible murder of Wilson that also frequented a bar in Poteau around time of Neff's murder. Thompson taken from bar, shot and dumped in ditch on route to Pocola, Neff taken from bar, shot before most likely, taken to Pocola and body dumped into strip pits.
Same MOs, same locations
Does this Potter work for my POI? It has to be three that did it if the safe is involved. Even if not it takes one to drive and lookout, one to enter the bar and one at the house or bar, three to load dead man quickly as Joe most likely killed at bar due to amount of blood that was said to have been found there. One on each side and third on legs. Most likely all three are experienced hunters.
Did my POI hire them, what kind of business did Joe have with him? That will be your huckleberry

I have searched and searched about the murder of a Thompson and cannot find one if you could link a site the refers to it or scan an archived article from a local paper or anything to help me along it would be great. I even searched the club name. Someone did find a resource for that but the murder story still eluded us.

unless somebody got details mixed up and it is this .
http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/8978112.html

Unsolved OK links.
http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Investigative/Unsolved_Cases/

JackAMW, that is EXACTLY what I am saying. But I know one of the people that were at the bar when the 3 guys arrived, and they didn't know them. It was storming pretty bad that night, and I think they may have just been helping the guy out. I don't think they asked him to pay the tab, but he did say he would be back. I am not sure who your POI is, but if from this area, I more than likely know or kno of him/her. From what I understand about that night, one of the guys was shirtless, and I heard they found his bloody shirt(From the Chainsaw incident) the next day when searches for Joe began.

JackAMW, that is EXACTLY what I am saying. But I know one of the people that were at the bar when the 3 guys arrived, and they didn't know them. It was storming pretty bad that night, and I think they may have just been helping the guy out. I don't think they asked him to pay the tab, but he did say he would be back. I am not sure who your POI is, but if from this area, I more than likely know or kno of him/her. From what I understand about that night, one of the guys was shirtless, and I heard they found his bloody shirt(From the Chainsaw incident) the next day when searches for Joe began.

So would the guy comes n with severed limb make the newspaper there? Or guy looses arm in accident ? I would just like to have some links. I mean this is all really huge stuff.

2 dead bar owners and a sawed off arm. Something should be able to be proven.

You don't know the area, things get washed over or neglected to mention in Little Dixie.
I doubt you will find a link about Ray Thompson, check old court files in mid 1980s, Leflore County.
Also, you don't know how big of news this is, if my POI is involved. It would be major.
Thompson's club was almost across the street from his business.
Thompson and his brothers were in making and distribution of certain drugs, one brother served time for it and the others charged but no time served, this is what many thought got the guy killed, that he squealed or elminate a witness.
To get nto the Flame Club, you would have to flick a light switch which in return would flicker a light inside so that someone could look thru a one way mirror at who was outside. If they were not known, no one answered the door and cleaned the evidence up. Inside were gambling tables, pool tables and other vices with full gambling allowed, this was inside city limits and protected by the police until Thompson was murdered.
The Flame Club was on the opposite end of Poteau than the Neff Club, as you headed out of town to Pocola

to jack, prayers for your safety and success as you try to solve this case. missingmydad deserves answers about what happened to Joe Neff and my hat is off to you in your efforts. to MMD, keep the faith, girl! you ARE NOT alone. i pray constantly for God to bring you peace even before the answers.

You don't know the area, things get washed over or neglected to mention in Little Dixie.
I doubt you will find a link about Ray Thompson, check old court files in mid 1980s, Leflore County.
Also, you don't know how big of news this is, if my POI is involved. It would be major.
Thompson's club was almost across the street from his business.
Thompson and his brothers were in making and distribution of certain drugs, one brother served time for it and the others charged but no time served, this is what many thought got the guy killed, that he squealed or elminate a witness.
To get nto the Flame Club, you would have to flick a light switch which in return would flicker a light inside so that someone could look thru a one way mirror at who was outside. If they were not known, no one answered the door and cleaned the evidence up. Inside were gambling tables, pool tables and other vices with full gambling allowed, this was inside city limits and protected by the police until Thompson was murdered.
The Flame Club was on the opposite end of Poteau than the Neff Club, as you headed out of town to Pocola

Anyway you could get any public records? An address for the flame ? Court house records ? Do they file they search warrent records? Ours does here thankfuly. If you could get them and scan them that would be great.
It would also have the assigned officers name on them.

This is the guy
Found this -
"Jan. 27, 1985
Poteau businessmen Bob and Ray Thompson were sentenced to jail terms and fines in a federal court Wednesday.
The Poteau men were convicted of conspiracy to possess, distribute and manufacture methamphetamine.
Bob Thompson, a Poteau bail bondsman, was sentenced Wednesday to three years in jail and fined $15,000.
Ray Thompson, former owner of the Flame Club in Poteau received a split sentence and will serve six months in jail and four years of supervised time."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tXSJ3Up1sq0J:www.poteaudailynews.com/content/view/179136/60/+flame+club+poteau&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Have found nothing about Ray Thompson being killed. Maybe someone else will have more luck.

You got it, Ray sentence got him killed just after this

I saw that link. Nothing there that says he was murdered of reveals the address of the flame club. Nothing anywhere I have looked for about a murder of a Ray Thompson.

I am really trying to validate information so that we will be allowed to post openly about this and how it may relate to Joe's murder,but I cannot. I believe you we just need it in print. Or inked images.

It will get more people killed. You don't seem to understand, this is not playtime, it is real, the area is corrupt, things are swept under the rug, have you been able to find anything about it on the net? No, it is unsolved, is it mentioned on the OSBI? No. Most criminals don't publish their info and cover their tracks, who has that power? Think about it. No Ray info, out of sight, out of mind.
Now figure this out, oh what do we weave when we practice to deceive and the 8 legged creature that spins it?
This will give you the name, figure that out to get the location as well of his business but the Flame club has long been gone before the internet took off, I think it is a car lot now

My POI will be too old to have participated but could have ordered a hit. This looks to be a hit with robbery as a cover up, it was thought out, had a small time frame to kill, load the body and dump it, pre-meditated, more than one to lift body and steal from safe, two vehicles needed, new clothes to change into because of blood. Scene discovered by noon, if Willie/Fonzie guy did get stuck that night, then they would have had to cool their heels somewhere covered like a garage nearby. They would have had to had plastic to wrap the body in, none was found, did they wash the blood out of the transport vehicle?
If they did get stuck, who pulled them out?
Add together, garage nearby, covered area, wrecker truck to pull them out? Eight or more hours before body dumped as it had to have been after dark. This means they had to show the body to whoever paid them, money was found on body, ruling out robbery.
Conspiracy evident!
Same MO as Thompson murder, same rumors of same man involved.
Why? Business deal acknowleged

Joe Neff had to have been killed for a bad business deal with local man with contacts to garage to hide vehicle and body for the length of day, high pressure washing to clean vehicle, safe location with police monitors to listen, available vehicles to use and dispose of, most likely sold or burned vehicle, men that did the hit were butchers or hunters, experienced with blood and death, body placed in water to destroy evidence, professional.
Interesting thing is Joe would go into mountains, where Wilson woman was found dead. Wilson very likely went to Joe's bar as there are few bars around and is one of the closest to Wilson home by backroad, Wilson's husband also went back into those mountains for work
The truth may be coming

When I start getting my thing going, I go in fast short bursts and can't seem to stop sometimes until I get the truth out, so you have to forgive the way I operate but I am very effective
To continue, the old Flame club was at the end of town on the old main highway 59, not far up the street and across te highway from the 59 motel, current POI was close and across road but may have now moved to new location
The 3 routes to Pocolo from Neff Bar are the loop but too many 18 wheelers and cops for broad daylight with body in back of vehicle, old 59 that runs through town and past front of POI business and where the old Flame club was, too many witnesses again, and the third route in the backway to Cameron and then to Pocolo but also backdoors into POI business. The road that Neff's house is on leads to this same route. It was here that Thompson was found, it also goes right to my POI in both cases, also means that there are LE and political forces involved.
However there is a fourth little known route that can be taken by going back the other way, turning to Monroe where the Potter guy and his friends cut someones arm off before going into Neff's bar the night before. Take a left on a dirt road after you turn to go to Monroe and it will take you the back way into Poteau by the small airport that Barry Seal of the Iran-Contra Affair, Mena Conspiracy and JFK murder case used to fly drugs and weapons into.
This continues on until you come upon the backroad that goes to Cameron and Pocolo, no traffic, no cops

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back