GUILTY OK - Donald 'Joe' Neff, 61, Poteau, 14 May 2009 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Found this -
"Jan. 27, 1985
Poteau businessmen Bob and Ray Thompson were sentenced to jail terms and fines in a federal court Wednesday.
The Poteau men were convicted of conspiracy to possess, distribute and manufacture methamphetamine.
Bob Thompson, a Poteau bail bondsman, was sentenced Wednesday to three years in jail and fined $15,000.
Ray Thompson, former owner of the Flame Club in Poteau received a split sentence and will serve six months in jail and four years of supervised time."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tXSJ3Up1sq0J:www.poteaudailynews.com/content/view/179136/60/+flame+club+poteau&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Have found nothing about Ray Thompson being killed. Maybe someone else will have more luck.

ok, this probably nothing, but who knows....

I found this online obituary for Dempsey Thompson from Wilson, OK who passed away on 6/17/99. It states he was preceded in death by a son, Tommy Ray Thompson Sr., Dec. 13, 1994 and a brother, Ernest R. Thompson, Oct. 11, 1994. I know the earlier reference just mentioned 1 man being killed, but the close proximity of the death of these 2 family members and the brother simply having the middle initial of "R," which could be Robert, "Bob," just makes me wonder...

http://www.genealogybuff.com/ok/carter/webbbs_config.pl/read/231

ok, this probably nothing, but who knows....

I found this online obituary for Dempsey Thompson from Wilson, OK who passed away on 6/17/99. It states he was preceded in death by a son, Tommy Ray Thompson Sr., Dec. 13, 1994 and a brother, Ernest R. Thompson, Oct. 11, 1994. I know the earlier reference just mentioned 1 man being killed, but the close proximity of the death of these 2 family members and the brother simply having the middle initial of "R," which could be Robert, "Bob," just makes me wonder...

http://www.genealogybuff.com/ok/carter/webbbs_config.pl/read/231

I was searching robert for bob because it makes sence. I also had been searching Raymond for ray but thought it may be a middle name. Good find. Now we need to make sure that is who it is. If someone doesnt beat me to it I will check criminal records for the guys mentioned in article posted about the bar owner, tomorrow.

Hello all! I am from the area where this murder happened. I stumbled upon WS while researching the story to see if there had been any news. Figured I would go ahead and join. My heart goes out to mmd. This is ridiculous that this case is not solved. I have a friend, who is friends with Joes GF. She told me some pretty crazy stuff that happened at the bar the night before the murder while she was at the bar. Before I state it, is that allowed on here? I have also heard talk that maybe the safe and the murder are not related. I was told he shared a safe with his brother since they did some business together. From what I understand, its possible the brother took the money from the safe before police got to Joes house to investigate. That is of course Here-say, but I could think it is a definite possibility, and if thats the case, the murder could have had nothing to do with his safe money.

Hello all! I am from the area where this murder happened. I stumbled upon WS while researching the story to see if there had been any news. Figured I would go ahead and join. My heart goes out to mmd. This is ridiculous that this case is not solved. I have a friend, who is friends with Joes GF. She told me some pretty crazy stuff that happened at the bar the night before the murder while she was at the bar. Before I state it, is that allowed on here? I have also heard talk that maybe the safe and the murder are not related. I was told he shared a safe with his brother since they did some business together. From what I understand, its possible the brother took the money from the safe before police got to Joes house to investigate. That is of course Here-say, but I could think it is a definite possibility, and if thats the case, the murder could have had nothing to do with his safe money.

cdp1983~
Welcome to WS. It is so nice to have someone local posting about this case. Joes death was so senseless and tragic. If the motive for his death was not burglary, what do you think it may have been?

I have no idea. From the story i was told by someone who was there the night before, could have been totally random. The night before Joes murder, there was supposedly someone in the community of Monroe (about 10-15 minutes from Joes bar) who had their arm cut off by a chainsaw. I heard about it from several people, but the story never made the news. Anyone here heard of it? More events followed, but I need to talk to mmd before I say anymore.

Welcome to Websleuths, cdp1983....we're glad to have your local perspective. This case has broken my heart many times over and I pray for a resolution everyday.

I do think that your info would be best shared with MMD. She has been a true inspiration as you can tell after reading these pages. I agree that the safe and Joe's murder could be unrelated....it's just so hard to know with the lack of info from LE. You would think that anyone with access to Joe's safe would have been spoken with and cleared by LE long ago, but then again.....

I sure hope all is well with MMD (as much as can be expected) as we haven't heard from her for a bit. I'm hoping that all of the media attention on OK LE lately will eventually focus badly needed attention back onto this case.

Anyone heard from MMD? Hope all is well with her. Its been months since I have heard anythng about Joe or Jody Wilson in the media. Why does no one in this county care that we have unsolved murders? Its scary to know there are such cold blooded killers walking amongst us...

I haven't heard from her in a while....I'm hoping she is alright. Will try to contact her. Oh how I wish her silence here meant that Joe's case was progressing. I can only hope and pray.

Hello all! So sorry its been so long! I have gotten behind on everything and been sick for a month. Then laptop had a virus too, I fixed it, BY MYSELF!!!!
Okay I wanted to welcome cdp 1983! I wanted to clear up a few things. The uncle that was business partners, hired investigator. That P.I. spent weeks clearing him and even me before he would proceed with the case. So we have been cleared, (if that eases anyones mind). So as far as the other info you know about what happened the night before I would love to hear it. If you are from here, you probably know me. I have the resale shop here in town, across the highway from D&D Pharmacy, beside the new bank. Come and see me. You could have a critical piece of info. I tell you when I was walking the ditches and creekbeds and screaming for my dad. Scared to death, that I might find his body, I realized just how important it is for everyone in the community to come together quick with any info they have. Every tip may fit to make a big picture. I thank you all so much for being here when I couldn't be.
The latest info I have received is they have uncovered some more evidence. It really sounded like good news. I was not told any details, so the case is sealed. The OSBI is working with our cold case detective/investigator though. This is all good news! I think we will have another meeting in a week or two. I will update you soon! Please keep on praying! Thanks bunches ((((hugs)))) to you all !!!!!

MMD so glad your back! Still praying for you and your family. I pray that this new evidence leads to the arrest of the scum that did this to your wonderful daddy.

MMD....I just received a google alert for your dad's name that shows your post under Topix....you had posted that the reward money is possibly being transferred into a scholarship payout when it expires. I also was not aware that reward funds have an expiration date.

I have little info on this, just what I read a few moments ago and I don't know if I can post the Topix link here. If anyone reading here wants to check it out you can google Topix Oklahoma and it should come up.

From what I understand, the reward money was solicited by citizens who were attempting to help MMD. Now I'm not sure who is behind the possible transfer of the funds into a schorlarship. That in itself is a very nice idea, but at this point, where the perp(s) is/are still running around committing crimes (I'm sure), it makes no sense to me. As MMD posted there, why not use this money to help fund the private investigation into finding the pieces of trash that committed this crime?

MMD, I hope you don't mind that I posted this info, but this really frosts me, to say the least.

Yep, the night of the candlelight vigil, I gott home and had turned on the news at 10pm. A "friend" announced that the reward money was expiring and would bengoing into a welding scholarship fund. We were never notified of any of this. The first we heard of this was on the news. I just wonder if any of the people that donated were contacted so they could decide where their donated funds could be allocated? If dad were alive I know for a fact that he would help a woman struggling to make ends meet with a child, or an elderly person trying to make it. Do not get me wrong he helped everyone, but he did try to encourage all able bodied men to "work" if they were able. If dad were to give money to put someone through school I bet it would be a single mother first. That is just my opinion, anyone that knows him on here, please feel free to correct me if you think I am wrong.
I wish that the reward money could have been applied to the investigation but I am going to just keep praying. God has gotten us this far, He will not leave me now. Thanks everyone.

MMD...I too am glad to hear from you....we all miss hearing from you. So sorry you haven't been well.

You are a fantasic voice/advocate for your dad's cause....I admire you for all you have done. It sounds like your PI is being very careful and thorough, thankfully. There is a reason this is all working out the way it is...I have to believe that. In time it will all be revealed and this perp will face the music. I refuse to believe anything less and I know you do too.

Hang in there....so many more people read here than we will ever know....everyone who reads on this thread wants to help and I firmly believe that it's just a matter of time for all of the puzzle pieces to fit together and this will be solved. (I know I sound like a broken record.)

I agree that your dad probably would have preferred to help a struggling single mom or the elderly...that just sounds like the Joe that we have read about here. But I doubt he would begrudge the money helping anyone who was struggling so we'll just have to trust that the Lord above is sorting all of this out in his own perfect way and putting that money where it needs to go.

Thanks for the update and for posting. We're always concerned about you and glad to hear from you!

MMD, So good to hear from you! I actually go in that resale shop quite often, Pass it on, right? I will make a stop by there sometime soon! And that is EXCELLENT NEWS that there is new evidence! It sickens me to think the person(s) who did this are still walking amongst us! Having 3 kids really keeps me worried too!

As for Jody Wilsons case, does no one find it strange that her husband is not reaching out trying to find the person who murdered his wife?! I have never seen him on the news, in the newspaper, on here, or posting signs?!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff
Back