First Name: Edwinna or Edwina
Middle Name: Michelle
Last Name: Bull
Nickname/Alias: Miki, Michelle Martinez, Michelle Sanchez
Height: 5 feet 1 inch
Weight: 110 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Tattoos: Tear drop on forehead and unknown tattoo chest (see image)

Circumstances of Disappearance: Mother states that she last saw her daughter on August 27, 1991 when she dropped her off at a south Oklahoma City bar. Police say she was last seen August 28, 1991 when an unidentified man dropped her off at her mother's home to get some clothes.

Investigating Agencies:
Oklahoma City Police Department (405) 297-1129
Police | City of OKC

*attached are reports included in her NamUs profile*
https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/63769

Attachments

• 03BFEF0D-91CD-4119-A1AE-41E7C744A436.jpeg
    03BFEF0D-91CD-4119-A1AE-41E7C744A436.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 47
  • AF540F53-C166-4FE5-AE7D-5FDAB32E1B0F.jpeg
    AF540F53-C166-4FE5-AE7D-5FDAB32E1B0F.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 52
  • E98DB3BB-A516-4A4D-8F32-92A6509CDA79.jpeg
    E98DB3BB-A516-4A4D-8F32-92A6509CDA79.jpeg
    15.7 KB · Views: 46
  • A6F86E86-BDD0-4526-A089-8F95F3D3B841.jpeg
    A6F86E86-BDD0-4526-A089-8F95F3D3B841.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 45
Wonder why LE haven't release her booking photo and clearer information on her tattoos as it appears from online records that she was arrested in 1988 and was on probation at the time she went missing.

Booking records says the MP is Native American (Namus says uncertain).

Looking at OK possibilities:

www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/7246?nav
Cranium found in 2005 in Roosevelt, OK with a PMI of up to 20 years. LE's initial recon had dark hair - no explanation for that. Later recon has blonded hair. Not sure how they got the nose shape given the PMI was estimated at up to 20 years.

www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/52313?nav
Found Oklahoma City 2018. Partial skeletal remains. No information/estimates of PMI, age, height etc published.

www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/8761?nav
Partial skeleton found 2007 in Shawnee, OK. Very little information.

www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/6728?nav
Found Oklahoma City in 2009, partial skeletal remains that fit Edwina's timeline and age. Very little information.

www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/7810?nav
Lawton OK bone fragments found 2010 have yielded only partial DNA according to Namus. PMI fits (estimated 10 years) as does age estimate.

www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/6729?nav
Partial skeleton found 2008 in Oklahoma City. Partial skeletal remains and some shoes. Height is estimated at 5'3" (MP was 5'1") and PMI a bit short at 18 months unless the estimate is off.

I contacted Edwina's Namus contact to ask if there were any existing exclusions, or automatic exclusions since we can't see these as non-LE.

Her contact responded that, as Edwina is a new case, there are no identifiers for us to use for exclusion or identification. When there is more information on Ms Bull they will gladly consider the list I posted above.

Last edited:
I’ve been reading the thread while desperately searching for more information! Something tells me Sanchez may be her birth name...I may have found some high school photos but that’s a very common name, so I can’t be certain. I’m not sure about the discrepancies in her ethnicity.

I’d sure like to see a clearer photo of the tattoo on her chest, too!

Any theories on the “tear drops” on her forehead and looks like neck/mid clavicle area also? My first impression of the large one was it reminded me of those mandala color books. Anyone know what I’m talking about? lol... maybe a sun - that would be indicative of Native American cultural.

Hopefully we can come up with something to compare those potential matches to! They all seem relatively good considering what little we know.

As for the jail record...I can’t find anything else on that either. I do know for certain that when someone is booked into jail, unless jail staff find records to indicate otherwise, a person can claim to be anything they chose and that is what their booking information will reflect. That could be the case with her, although she does appear to have some sort of NA ancestry, IMO.

This is probably a typo but this 1988 arrest record says she is male: Edwina M Bull Mugshot 20837694 - Edwina M Bull Arrest - Woodward County, OK - Booked for Robbery

Mugshots.com : 20837694
Names / Aliases:
  • Edwina M Bull
  • Michelle Bull
  • Edwina M Sanchez
  • Michelle Sanchez
ODOC#: : 174938
Birth Date: : 3/01/1970
Race : American Indian
Height : 5′ 1″ (1.55 m)
Weight : 110 lb (50 kg)
Hair Color : Brown
Eye Color : Black
Scars / Marks / Tattos : N/A
Charges:
CRF# 88-36
County WOODW
Offense Robbery
Conviction 04/12/1988
Term 5Y 0M 0D
Term Code Probation
Start 04/12/1988
End 09/07/1995

Also no Tattoos listed in 1988. Perhaps those were all tattoos she got after her arrest?
The tear drop tattoos are a prison thing IMO.

@Gardener1850 woah! Nice catch! I didn’t even see the ‘male’ listed on the record. Hmmm. I’m thinking typo too. Surely.

The tattoos don’t look like teardrops you me...not the ones I’ve seen anyway. They are much larger than the ones I’ve seen. And the location of hers is especially different... they’re definitely unusual. It would be nice to have a mugshot from that arrest. They appear to have ‘faded’ in the photo, as though she’d had them for awhile when it was taken. IMO.

I guess I should research traditional Native American tattoos...that is one area I’m not at all familiar with. If, in fact, she was NA.

In the files attached to the first posting here, it says that she had burns over 80-90% of her body in 1990. Mom helped her through all the healing and was happy that she was “coming out of her shell” again, wearing short sleeved shirts, etc. There are no mention of her scars in her missing profiles. It might explain why her tattoo looks faded though?

In the files attached to the first posting here, it says that she had burns over 80-90% of her body in 1990. Mom helped her through all the healing and was happy that she was “coming out of her shell” again, wearing short sleeved shirts, etc. There are no mention of her scars in her missing profiles. It might explain why her tattoo looks faded though?
Very good point! Those were pretty severe burns, too! That would have drastically altered the appearance of any tattoo that was burned. She may have even gotten the tattoos after she was burned, in which case they still would have been difficult to make out, IMO. Good catch, that thought hadn’t even crossed my mind.

I’ve been reading the thread while desperately searching for more information! Something tells me Sanchez may be her birth name...I may have found some high school photos but that’s a very common name, so I can’t be certain. I’m not sure about the discrepancies in her ethnicity.

I’d sure like to see a clearer photo of the tattoo on her chest, too!

Any theories on the “tear drops” on her forehead and looks like neck/mid clavicle area also? My first impression of the large one was it reminded me of those mandala color books. Anyone know what I’m talking about? lol... maybe a sun - that would be indicative of Native American cultural.

Hopefully we can come up with something to compare those potential matches to! They all seem relatively good considering what little we know.

As for the jail record...I can’t find anything else on that either. I do know for certain that when someone is booked into jail, unless jail staff find records to indicate otherwise, a person can claim to be anything they chose and that is what their booking information will reflect. That could be the case with her, although she does appear to have some sort of NA ancestry, IMO.
Hi! Edwina, she always went by Michelle. Her maiden name is Bull. She is Native American. She is my aunt and I am currently gathering as many photos as possible. Thank you so whoever started this.

Hi! Edwina, she always went by Michelle. Her maiden name is Bull. She is Native American. She is my aunt and I am currently gathering as many photos as possible. Thank you so whoever started this.
Welcome to Websleuths! Thanks for joining the discussion about your aunt. I hope that we can help in your search. I will search again for anything I can find and in the meantime, feel free to share anything you may find.

Welcome to Websleuths! Thanks for joining the discussion about your aunt. I hope that we can help in your search. I will search again for anything I can find and in the meantime, feel free to share anything you may find.
Yes I also wanted to clarify some info about the tattoos. The one on her forehead in between her eyes was a small cross, she had one tear drop under her eye. They other tattoos are hard to clarify bc they were not visible much after she was burned. I am just now starting this search into new information so I will continue to post.

This is probably a typo but this 1988 arrest record says she is male: Edwina M Bull Mugshot 20837694 - Edwina M Bull Arrest - Woodward County, OK - Booked for Robbery

Mugshots.com : 20837694
Names / Aliases:
  • Edwina M Bull
  • Michelle Bull
  • Edwina M Sanchez
  • Michelle Sanchez
ODOC#: : 174938
Birth Date: : 3/01/1970
Race : American Indian
Height : 5′ 1″ (1.55 m)
Weight : 110 lb (50 kg)
Hair Color : Brown
Eye Color : Black
Scars / Marks / Tattos : N/A
Charges:
CRF# 88-36
County WOODW
Offense Robbery
Conviction 04/12/1988
Term 5Y 0M 0D
Term Code Probation
Start 04/12/1988
End 09/07/1995

Also no Tattoos listed in 1988. Perhaps those were all tattoos she got after her arrest?
The tear drop tattoos are a prison thing IMO.

Such a beautiful young girl! Thanks for sharing!

If you don’t mind, is there anything you can tell us about this photo? When or where it was taken maybe? Also, if you know where she was born or went to school it could help others when searching for more information. Really anything could help.

I am providing a link to information on how to become a verified insider on this site. It just means that you are allowed to post freely about Michelle without having to provide a source link. I encourage you to take the few steps to do that so none of your posts get modified or deleted. :)

Thanks again.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

The "unidentified man" is mystifying. Have police ever figured out who this man is and relation? An employee at the bar (like a bartender), a friend, or a stranger? August 27, 1991 was a Tuesday. Was dropped off at mother's house on August 28 - I assume maybe in the morning - to get clothes? But...then what? Did Michelle say anything? When did her mother file a missing person report?

@Oraliag Welcome to WS. We are here to try and help you. Do you know if any family have done DNA testing from a commercial company and had it uploaded to either Family Tree DNA or GED Match? This would allow comparison of Michelle (via her family member/s) against deceased persons whose DNA are being studied to find their identity.

I always secretly wondered if maybe she was Bitter Creek Betty, because of the indigenous and hispanic mix as well as the potential tattoo on the chest, but so many things don't Match up at all. I just wish we could know what that tattoo on her chest used to look like.

I think of Edwina often. This is a case I check on often. Hope the family gets answers soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back