Silver Alert OK - Grady Benson, 69, not at home, all vehicles are at home & wallet, keys & phone in PU trk, Randlett, 9 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sounds like she suspects an abduction and foul play since his keys and wallet were still in the truck and no signs of him coming into the house. She says if he had come into the house he would have eaten some of the pie left in the kitchen.

Very odd story. No health or mental issues.

I've caught up on the thread now. No one has mentioned a data dump or phone data found on the night he went missing. I know he had a flip phone, but it seems they could locate other phones in the area. There can't be that many in that area. I am not sure if flip phones have the same GPS data that other "smart phones" have these days. Do we know locations of phone towers? This is pretty rural so it should be pretty easy to see other phones in the area that night. I am very concerned about his comment of a cough. I've been around farmers all my life. They usually don't let a little cough keep them from working. Farmers work hard 6-7 days a week....sick or not.
This case sort of reminds me of Robert Hoagland.

His wife was on a trip, he mowed the lawn, was supposed to pick her up at the airport and never showed up. Everything left at home. He was located 2 hours away 9 years later. He was living "off the grid" so to speak. He had assumed a new name, being paid cash, lived in a room in someone's house. The only way they found it was him was he had a heart attack and died and they found papers indicating he was Robert Hoagland. I don't feel that is what happened here, but one never knows.

I've caught up on the thread now. No one has mentioned a data dump or phone data found on the night he went missing. I know he had a flip phone, but it seems they could locate other phones in the area. There can't be that many in that area. I am not sure if flip phones have the same GPS data that other "smart phones" have these days. Do we know locations of phone towers? This is pretty rural so it should be pretty easy to see other phones in the area that night. I am very concerned about his comment of a cough. I've been around farmers all my life. They usually don't let a little cough keep them from working. Farmers work hard 6-7 days a week....sick or not.

His wife was on a trip, he mowed the lawn, was supposed to pick her up at the airport and never showed up. Everything left at home. He was located 2 hours away 9 years later. He was living "off the grid" so to speak. He had assumed a new name, being paid cash, lived in a room in someone's house. The only way they found it was him was he had a heart attack and died and they found papers indicating he was Robert Hoagland. I don't feel that is what happened here, but one never knows.
That’s an amazing story. You never know.

The cough thing doesn't concern me as much- Covid and all.

It sounds like she suspects an abduction and foul play since his keys and wallet were still in the truck and no signs of him coming into the house. She says if he had come into the house he would have eaten some of the pie left in the kitchen.

Very odd story. No health or mental issues.
Aww, I know this is a troubling story with this man so mysteriously missing, but that just made me smile. Said by a woman who knows her husband well! Cute. :)

I just happened upon this story for the first time today. Very worrisome that it’s been a year.

After reading all, I can only assume :
Suicide
Sudden farm accident
Foul play (homicide)
It seems like he'd have been found after a farm accident.

Even a suicide, I'd think eventually he'd be seen somewhere?

So it kind of comes down to foul play?

At first I was a bit suspicious of the son, but only because he was the last one known to be with him. I was wondering because of a possible financial benefit---but Mom is still alive so it wasn't really a sudden windfall for the son.

I can't imagine what enemy this man could have? No one can think of anyone.

And there didn't seem to be a robbery of any kind. So it really is a mystery.

It seems like he'd have been found after a farm accident.

Even a suicide, I'd think eventually he'd be seen somewhere?

So it kind of comes down to foul play?

At first I was a bit suspicious of the son, but only because he was the last one known to be with him. I was wondering because of a possible financial benefit---but Mom is still alive so it wasn't really a sudden windfall for the son.

I can't imagine what enemy this man could have? No one can think of anyone.

And there didn't seem to be a robbery of any kind. So it really is a mystery.
Yes, agreed. It really is a mystery.
If he had some reason to commit suicide, though, he may have planned it in a way so it was undiscovered, and his spouse could still receive life insurance?
And if it was the son, maybe it was not planned for financial gain, but erupted from an argument?

Yes, agreed. It really is a mystery.
If he had some reason to commit suicide, though, he may have planned it in a way so it was undiscovered, and his spouse could still receive life insurance?
That's true.
And if it was the son, maybe it was not planned for financial gain, but erupted from an argument?
I'd be curious to hear what Grady's wife thinks about that.

I know 100% that my son would never hurt his Dad. They are very close and even when they disagree on something, it has never been a major thing of any kind. I would just never believe it.

Now my younger brother, may he RIP, that's another story. He was bipolar/sxchizophrenic and liked drugs at times. He had a very bad temper and was often estranged from our father. If my Dad had gone missing, my younger bro would have been the first one that came to mind.

I wonder if the mom has any doubts or is she 100% certain it wasn't her son?

That's true.

I'd be curious to hear what Grady's wife thinks about that.

I know 100% that my son would never hurt his Dad. They are very close and even when they disagree on something, it has never been a major thing of any kind. I would just never believe it.

Now my younger brother, may he RIP, that's another story. He was bipolar/sxchizophrenic and liked drugs at times. He had a very bad temper and was often estranged from our father. If my Dad had gone missing, my younger bro would have been the first one that came to mind.

I wonder if the mom has any doubts or is she 100% certain it wasn't her son?
Yes, I see exactly what you’re saying.
So it all depends on what the son was like, if he had problems that could lead to a major conflict with his father, that could escalate to violence. As you say, we don’t know, but the wife and mother would have some inkling.

I think there's just something missing that we're not being told about this whole thing. None of it adds up. Not that LE has to tell us everything, nor would I want them to if they think something illegal happened, but when I read it I just don't get it.

Reading one of the articles it's mentioned that it was a Silver Alert but now they think it's "suspicious". Makes me think they have something that says there was some foul play. I'm sure they're looking at everything and everyone.

Benson was last seen at his residence on East 1970 Road ten miles outside of Randlett, Oklahoma at 8:00 p.m. on November 9, 2022. He and his wife had dinner together at a restaurant before she left for a trip to Missouri. He then drove back home, went out to the farm field to give his son supper, and gave his son ride back to his pickup truck. He was behaving normally at the time.

Benson's wife texted her husband that night, and again the next morning, but got no response from him. At midnight, when she still hadn't heard from Benson, she asked their son to go looking for him. Benson's son went to his home, but couldn't find him. His truck was found under the carport, unlocked, with his keys, wallet, jacket and $200 in cash inside. After hearing about this, Benson's wife canceled her trip and came home early.

For his entire life Benson had been a farmer, growing first cotton and then wheat. He retired in 2016 and had his son take over the farming. His wife stated he had no enemies and was close to his family. The circumstances of his disappearance are unclear, but the case is considered suspicious.

When I first read about Grady's case, I thought maybe someone followed them home from the restaurant for robbery.
Then we find out that nothing of value was taken, so that's out.
Money, love, anger, rejection, fear...
I wonder what it was?
If it were a medical issue I think Grady would have been found a while ago.

I wonder if he was attacked by coyotes who dragged him off? Moore, just a couple hours northeast of Randlett, has had an awful problem with coyotes this year. https://kfor.com/news/local/moore-neighborhood-terrorized-by-coyotes/
That might explain why he hasn't been found and why he never made it back inside the home. He took his son a meal at 8pm, it's getting dark, he may have gotten back to his home, gotten out of his vehicle and been attacked.

I wonder if he was attacked by coyotes who dragged him off? Moore, just a couple hours northeast of Randlett, has had an awful problem with coyotes this year. https://kfor.com/news/local/moore-neighborhood-terrorized-by-coyotes/
That might explain why he hasn't been found and why he never made it back inside the home. He took his son a meal at 8pm, it's getting dark, he may have gotten back to his home, gotten out of his vehicle and been attacked.
I think there would be blood.

My theory is that someone desperate asked him for a large financial favor/investment and was rejected.
Grady knew everyone. It could be anyone.

I think there would be blood.

My theory is that someone desperate asked him for a large financial favor/investment and was rejected.
Grady knew everyone. It could be anyone.
Possible, but what would they have to gain if he said no, by murdering him? If it was just a fit of rage, would they not have found even a small amount of blood, or some sign of a struggle?

Maxine Benson, the wife of 69-year-old Grady “Bruce” Benson, spoke to Free Press about her husband, who was last seen on Nov. 9, 2022, at his home in Randlett, OK.

Maxine said the last time she saw her husband was before leaving on a trip to Branson, Missouri with her friends.

She started to get worried after she wasn’t receiving any texts or calls from her husband after reaching out to him several times.

Maxine called her son, who lives nearby, to look for Bruce, but only found his truck parked in the carport and his boots in the living room but no sign of his Dad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back