Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

CastlesBurning

Reaction score
Pottawatomie County officials search for missing woman

https://kfor.com/news/family-begs-for-help-finding-missing-pottawatomie-woman/

POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – Officials and loved ones need help finding 30-year-old Makayla Fay Meave-Byers who was last seen in Macomb on Friday.

According to the Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Office Meave-Byers was seen at her home in Macomb around 5:30 p.m. Friday and has been missing since.

Her family said they are worried and upset, but holding out hope she will be found safe and return.

“She’s a great mother, it’s all she cares about,” said Andria Meave, Byers’ older sister.

Meave said she still remembers her sister’s last words.

“Love you, bye,” said Meave.

Byers has two adopted children and is a mom to four step daughters.

Her family said it’s not like her to disappear and to leave behind her children and her beloved dog.

“For him to be left at home, was very unusual,” said Barbara Harper, Byers’ mom.

Her family said they are overwhelmed with thoughts of what possibly happened to her.

“Her phone was pinged within a 3-mile radius of her home,” said Harper.

Her family said she is a teachers aide, working to get her teaching certificate.

Byers’ mom explained she believes her daughter is still close.

“The thought process that we have is she’s still quiet local, in the area and so the people especially around that area we want them to be area of that, that they need to be looking,” she said.

The family gathered Sunday at their church to pray for a miracle.

“I just ask the lord just to give them strength to make it through this and to be with Makayla,” said Jerry Clifton, family pastor.

Byers’ family said it’s about keeping faith alive and she will be found.

“She’s got a family that loves her, and that god loves her and ask her to please come home,” said Scott Harper, Byers’ step-dad.

If you have any information concerning where she might be you are asked to call 405-273-1727.

1695022367270.png

Pottawatomie County Sheriff's Office, Oklahoma ·​

1f6a8.png
MISSING PERSON
1f6a8.png
Please share* Our office is attempting to locate Makayla Fay Meave-Byers White/female date of birth 6/15/1993. Last seen 9/15/2023 at approximately 5:30pm at her home in Macomb, Oklahoma. She was wearing a Macomb Public School t-shirt, and blue jeans shorts, and was carrying a multicolor quilted pattern backpack.​

After visiting with school staff it was determined the shirt in the image below is likely the one she was wearing.

It is reported she allegedly left voluntarily in a white Chevy extended cab pickup with tinted windows. The driver was a tall male balding with a dark-colored beard.

If you have information concerning where she might be please call (405) 273-1727

More information on NamUS: https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/108466/
Missing Person Poster: https://pottcook-my.sharepoint.com/.../EaoVMkHcDhFEg8owhZ...

“She’s a great mother, it’s all she cares about,” said Andria Meave, Byers’ older sister.

Meave said she still remembers her sister’s last words.

“Love you, bye,” Meave said.

Byers has two adopted children and is a mom to four stepdaughters.

Last edited:
How sad, Madeline Kingsbury's body was also found in a drainage culvert. Who is this man she was last seen with?
My thoughts are with Makayla's children and those who loved her :(
The “man she was last seen with” - description came from Makayla’s husband to law enforcement. Husband‘s statements have not been verified as fact. I’m skeptical about husband‘s description. My opinion and cheap 2 cents. Oklahoma has a horrible problem with domestic violence and murders committed by partners, like in the top 5 nationwide.

edit to add Oklahoma ranked number one in DV

The “man she was last seen with” - description came from Makayla’s husband to law enforcement. Husband‘s statements have not been verified as fact. I’m skeptical about husband‘s description. My opinion and cheap 2 cents. Oklahoma has a horrible problem with domestic violence and murders committed by partners, like in the top 5 nationwide.

edit to add Oklahoma ranked number one in DV
I'm leaning toward this as well just because of what court records show when you do some digging MOO

Her cause of death and approximate time of death have not yet been determined, the undersheriff says, but, he says, her death is “absolutely” foul play.

Meave-Byers, 30, a teacher’s aide at Macomb Public School, was the mother to six children including four step-daughters and two adopted children, KFOR previously reported.

“She’s a great mother,” Andria Meave, Meave-Byers' older sister, told the outlet. “It’s all she cares about.”

Meave-Byers, who was in an open relationship with her husband, had not been seen alive since she left on the possible date.

Meave-Byers, who was in an open relationship with her husband, had not been seen alive since she left on the possible date.
Glad MSM is reporting about the open-relationship. I think this is the first time we heard she left for a possible date? I'm guessing LE is tracking him down.

Her poor cousin. I can't imagine finding my loved one like that.

The discovery was made amid the search for Meave-Byers. On Friday, the Pottawatomie County Sheriff's Office confirmed to KOCO 5 that the body was Meave-Byers.

"Obviously, it’s suspicious. You know, we found a deceased person wrapped up in a carpet and stuffed in a drain under the road," Dinwiddie said.

SEP 23, 2023
[...]

"I was searching with my friend for my cousin that’s missing, Makayla Meave," said a 911 call to law enforcement. "I think that we just found her."

[...]

“We were walking down all of the canals down closest to the water, and we smelt something, and so my friend got down there and found her," said the 911 caller. "She’s inside there 100%."

The body was identified by the medical examiner on Friday as the missing teacher. She was found just a few miles from her home.

The Macomb School District released a statement to social media saying their hearts are heavy and called Meave-Byers, a deeply caring educator. The district called in additional counselors to help with the loss.

[...]

Authorities said they had no suspects as of Friday. ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back