Found Deceased OK - Roshawna Stephens, 12, Oklahoma City, 9 June 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Oklahoma County, Oklahoma
12 year old black/african american female

Height: 59 inches
Weight: 100 lbs
Hair Brown
Eyes Brown

Roshawna was last seen on June 9, 2015.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37579/16/

There is absolutely nothing on her. She was 12 when she vannished and they believe she left on her own accord. According to an article on reddit and a youtube video of her
she speaks at (3.38)
she seems to have been living in a school for homeless kids in 2014. A 12 year old girl being homeless in America feels unreal. Breaks my heart to listen to her speak about motivation and dreams and we don't even know wether she's even alive today.

EDIT: On facebook she updated her profile photo 16th september, while searching for her name on youtube she also liked a video few days ago ( if that's her ofcouse).

I assume she's alive but nobody is looking for her or know her wherabouts. How sad, she still only 15.

Last edited:
at 12 poor child , I don't care what anyone says there is a clear picture on why some cases get more 'notice" and its a sad shame I don't know why we try to pretend its not real .

Charley Project has one more photo:
roshawna_stephens_3.jpg

They also say she disappeared from Illinois in 2014, not Oklahoma:

Roshawna disappeared from Elgin, Illinois on May 19, 2014. Authorities believe she left of her own accord. She may still be in the local area.

Roshawna was a student at the Classen School of Advanced Studies, a public school that offers fine arts programs, at the time of her disappearance. Few details are available in her case.

Roshawna Stephens – The Charley Project

So sad. I was really touched by her story in that video which is no lober available where she was living in foster care and talking about her future dreams and to have a family that cared for her.

Seems like Roshawna was eventually reunited with her mom and her boyfriend and was living a happy life she deserved and some much cherished. Then in january she become the victim of a triple homicide.

Family Pleas For Help In Solving Triple Homicide In NE OKC

Ms. Roshawna Stephens - View Obituary & Service Information

[Unresolved disappearance][Unresolved murder] Roshawna Stephens, comes back home after vanishing. Years later is murdered : UnresolvedMysteries

So sad. I was really touched by her story in that video which is no lober available where she was living in foster care and talking about her future dreams and to have a family that cared for her.

Seems like Roshawna was eventually reunited with her mom and her boyfriend and was living a happy life she deserved and some much cherished. Then in january she become the victim of a triple homicide.

Family Pleas For Help In Solving Triple Homicide In NE OKC

Ms. Roshawna Stephens - View Obituary & Service Information

[Unresolved disappearance][Unresolved murder] Roshawna Stephens, comes back home after vanishing. Years later is murdered : UnresolvedMysteries

Oh no, how terrible! She is still listed as missing on NAMUS so someone might need to inform them of this development... Unless they are still waiting on a DNA match which happens-- I've seen it take up to a year for DNA to clear a case out.

I wonder if perhaps she was in foster care and not supposed to be with her mother and mother's fiance? Either way, it's so heartbreaking that this child was murdered with her family. I hope she was living a happy life as you said, Moonwalker. :(

MOO

Last edited:
I’m confused. Was she still considered missing when she was murdered?

It's unclear to me too. She is still, as of today, listed missing in NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
At first I wondering if the murder victim was someone else with the same name but the news story used the same photo of her used on her missing profile-- which makes me wonder why they did not release an updated photo. She was 15 when she was murdered but they used a photo from when she was 12-- kids change a lot from 12 to 15. Another reason we can be sure it was her is because her obituary lists the same DOB listed on Charley Project: Roshawna Stephens – The Charley Project

I'm hoping some more sleuths can dig into this case and help find info on Roshawna, her mom and mom's fiance. Perhaps someone can find some leads that LE may have missed?

If Roshawna was still legally considered missing that could play a part in this case IMHO. It would mean she probably wasn't in school for one thing. On the other hand, it may simply be a case where she was located and should have been removed from the missing person database but was not.

MOO.

I think there's plenty of people on namus that are no longer missing but still up there becuase nobody bother to inform them of their well being. It's sad how Roshawna was no longer missing but ended up being murdered for something completely unrelated.

Sadly I couldn't find that video anymore, it's from the positive tomorrow project in Oklahoma.

She's quoted saying “I’m not going to sugar coat it, [being homeless] is scary, but after you get through it you can become something great,” said Roshawna Stevens, a Positive Tomorrows alumni. “Positive Tomorrows will be with me every step of the way, and if you ask me what I’m going to do next, I’m going to be something big.”

She lived with her mother Carnesha Powell and her fiancé Elijah Mothershed Bey. He was working with a organization to help disadvanced youth. It's not unlikely that one of these youngsters were the culprit in the homicide. Maybe a robbery gone wrong? people have been murdered for simular things before.

let me end with sharing a beautiful photo of a rose that she took while at the school.
Photo By: Roshawna (age 11), Positive Tomorrows

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee