OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Honesty is always the best policy. Doesn't mean you have to give all the gory details, as you said.Great job MJAK and best of luck.
California Carrie what brought you to Websleuths? Have you been here before and have a new hat or are you new to us? Welcome to Websleuths.

mjak said:
She has not said she believes the half sister was kidnapped. IF she said that I agree I would not feel the need to be so gentle. Here is the letter I composed to send to her. What do you think?

Thank you for providing your email so we can communicate off of the public board. My name is MJ, and
I am a member of an online volunteer community that trys to help find missing children. Before, we go any further I have to tell you unfortunitly that the information I have regarding a child who might ( and this is a real long shot) be your missing half sister is very tragic and this child is no longer alive. However, You should know she was a remarkable child and young women who left an incredible impression on everyone who new her. It was her remarkableness that has kept me and others activly searching for her real identity and to give her back to her family. I am so so sorry I have to tell you such sad news. At this point I understand completly if you want to go no further with this. If you do want to persue this, emal me back and I will provide you with more information. Again, I am so sorry I could not be emailing you with happier information.

-mjak
I think that is perfect. Can you get her to email you pics of this 1/2 sister?

Okay, I sent the email. I will post when I get a response.
-mjak

PS. In case you all have not figured out I am good at the research but terrible at
human interaction.

mjak said:
Okay, I sent the email. I will post when I get a response.
-mjak

PS. In case you all have not figured out I am good at the research but terrible at
human interaction.
mjal,

I think that you are doing a great job. I think that it is very important to try and get a picture of her half sister so it can be compared to that of Sharon as a child. I might have missed it but what were the circumstance around her half sister being missing?

Has it been established yet if the half sister ever knew Sharon/Suzanne? Would she recognize her from a picture (the one with Floyd when she was 5-6 years old)?

Great job, Mjak!

Personally, while I think it's important that mjak contacted this person, I think it's equally important that mjak doesn't give out too much information about Sharon/Suzanne. I'm just thinking that if this person who posted that she was looking for her half sister on the board that mjak found, too much information could lead to a Delia Cly type situation and lead us all off on some useless and unnecessary search.

So far everything about this women seems very legitamite. she posted a perfectly appropriate simple post on a reputable missing family members site looking for her half sister. Her posts to me have been brief, polite and I see no red flags at all. I am a very very causious person and will immediatly jump back if I suspect any thing is not how it seems. Hopefully, we will instant message tonite and I can get some more answers and give more information to her. She did email me back today saying her family does want to know what happened to Suzy and it would give them much needed clousur. She thanked me for my help. I will keep everyone posted. Of couse this is a realy long shot this is Sharon Marshall but anything is possible.

mjak

dottierainbow said:
I believe Honesty is always the best policy. Doesn't mean you have to give all the gory details, as you said.Great job MJAK and best of luck.
California Carrie what brought you to Websleuths? Have you been here before and have a new hat or are you new to us? Welcome to Websleuths.
I'm not quite sure how I found websleuths to be honest but I'm sure it was while i was looking around for information on one missing person or the other...something I've always done since I was a kid actually! But yeah, I'm brand new here - thanks for the welcome!

Just a thought (not directed at anyone in particular). I see that much of the information being discussed on the new thread was covered in the original Sharon Marshall forum. We all dedicated so much time to come as far as we have and I think it is counter productive to answer the same questions again. One simple question turns into several posts about things already discovered/discussed.

Maybe a response to all duplicate questions could simply be:

"An answer to your question can be found here http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93"

BTW, I think it's fantastic to see so many new members taking an interest in Sharon!!

I have spoken online to the women who is looking for her half sister and she does not think Sharon Marshall was her half sister after seeing the pictures of her, but she can not rule it out. She is going to read up on Sharon Marshall, and may come here and decide what to do next. She will keep in touch with me. I suggested she call the FBI If she believes this could be her half sister. One conincidence is she believes her sister may have been taken to Georgia.

mjak

Does she have a picture she's willing to share with you?

daga said:
Does she have a picture she's willing to share with you?

To My knowledge she does not have a picture and has never met this half sister. I gave her the address for websleuths and she may show up here.

mjak

Can someone briefly explain what the "Delia Cly situation" was all about - or reference me to a thread that's not 10 miles long (or give specific page numbers)? Thanks :)

californiacarrie said:
Can someone briefly explain what the "Delia Cly situation" was all about - or reference me to a thread that's not 10 miles long (or give specific page numbers)? Thanks :)
In a nutshell, Delia Cly was a woman who posted (originally on a different site) that she believed she had been kidnapped as a young girl by her "parents" to replace a child that had died (and maybe had been murdered). Researchers here dedicated many hours into investigating her claims. Delia started to "remember" many horrible and fantastic "details" of her life - each one more unbelievable than the last, until finally someone openly questioned her honesty. She immediately announced that she had been "advised by her attorney" to stop all posting on WS and disappeared. Eventually, enough evidence was uncovered to convince most of us that she was either a hoax or was mentally unstable and seeking attention.

Many good researchers were fooled for a period of time, while others admitted that they had their doubts from the beginning. A "Delia Cly situation" has become a shorthand saying meaning that claims need to examined with the thought that what is being said is not always the whole truth. In the context that Daga used it, it means that by posting too much information, we could attract an attention-seeker who uses that information to waste our time chasing hoaxes.

ragland said:
have you heard anything conclusive yet?
Nothing yet. I am going to give this women until the end of the week to contact me again and if I don't here from her I will contact her again. I do not want to
make her uncomfortable at all. If she concludes that Sharon could be her missing half sister that could be very truamtic and she might need to come with terms with that before she can presue this matter anymore.

mjak

does anyone know what state jennifer and her family live in now? (sharons best friend)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia