OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer Klein was ruled out via DNA testing, according to the book "A Beautiful Child." I think I need to put this in my sig...LOL

ETA - LE did take notice of the Utah connection, and in the book Matt describes Jennifer Klein as the "first and most promising lead". But DNA testing came back negative in Dec. 2004. The testing was handled by the California Department of Justice Lab. This is on pages 281-282 of "A Beautiful Child."

Here is a copy of a letter Mr. Nance at MCMEC, that he wrote back to me when I suggested Jennifer Klein as a possible match awhile back............

Subject:Your suggested lead
trans.gif
trans.gif
blue.gif
Date:Fri, Apr 21, 2006 02:15 PM
trans.gif
trans.gif
blue.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif
Move message to...InboxJunk MailTrash[ Printable Version ] ?

blue.gif
Karen, my name is Jerry Nance and I am the Senior Case Manager in charge of the Special Case Unit. Unfortunately we do not have a case on either "Suzanne" or Jennifer. After the publication of the book, "A Beautiful Child" detailing in part our search for a little girl named Sherry Marshall who we thought could be the "Suzanne" we received many leads connecting the Offender, Franklin Floyd with a number of missing girls, Jennifer being the best suggested match after it was supposedly determined by DNA that Sherry was not Suzanne.

We have a lot of issues. First being that Oklahoma City Police claim they identified the little girl as Suzanne, and that they interviewed the father of Suzanne who admitted to giving the child to Floyd. The FBI agent who worked this case said that never happened. OK City PD has declined our offer to fund an exhumation for DNA testing. They did send us a vial of blood stating this was blood taken from "Suzanne" at autopsy. It was supposed to have been destroyed but had been maintained unrefrigerated. The blood was too degraded for any meaningful DNA, but we did get mtDNA and that was not a match with Sherry. Some have questioned me as to whether I am certain the blood they sent is really the blood of Suzanne, and truth is, I don't know. At some point of time in this business, we have to trust.

The blood had to be returned, and I have been informed the blood was destroyed.

There are some significant physical differences that could be apparent between Jennifer and Suzanne, but the facial similarity is there, no one can deny that. Floyd was evasive for a good part of his career, we cannot find any known location. We do know he traveled and lived in his car, so being in a campsite anywhere in the US is a good possibility. We have tried talking to him, but he is so busy trying to cheat the excutioner by convincing the state he is insane, no one gets very far.

Bottom line: Could it be true? Yes Do I think it is true? Maybe, but probably not. Is there anything we can do at this point? No.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

--------------------------------------------
I thought it was very interesting....so DNA blood was destroyed.

Why does OKCPD have to be the one to OK a request for exhumation? Since the FBI maintains that the identification of "Suzanne" never happened, THEY still have an unsolved possible kidnapping. Why couldn't the FBI authorize exhumation for DNA?

Here is a copy of a letter Mr. Nance at MCMEC, that he wrote back to me when I suggested Jennifer Klein as a possible match awhile back............

blue.gif
Karen, my name is Jerry Nance and I am the Senior Case Manager in charge of the Special Case Unit. Unfortunately we do not have a case on either "Suzanne" or Jennifer. After the publication of the book, "A Beautiful Child" detailing in part our search for a little girl named Sherry Marshall who we thought could be the "Suzanne" we received many leads connecting the Offender, Franklin Floyd with a number of missing girls, Jennifer being the best suggested match after it was supposedly determined by DNA that Sherry was not Suzanne.

We have a lot of issues. First being that Oklahoma City Police claim they identified the little girl as Suzanne, and that they interviewed the father of Suzanne who admitted to giving the child to Floyd. The FBI agent who worked this case said that never happened. OK City PD has declined our offer to fund an exhumation for DNA testing. They did send us a vial of blood stating this was blood taken from "Suzanne" at autopsy. It was supposed to have been destroyed but had been maintained unrefrigerated. The blood was too degraded for any meaningful DNA, but we did get mtDNA and that was not a match with Sherry. Some have questioned me as to whether I am certain the blood they sent is really the blood of Suzanne, and truth is, I don't know. At some point of time in this business, we have to trust.

The blood had to be returned, and I have been informed the blood was destroyed.

There are some significant physical differences that could be apparent between Jennifer and Suzanne, but the facial similarity is there, no one can deny that. Floyd was evasive for a good part of his career, we cannot find any known location. We do know he traveled and lived in his car, so being in a campsite anywhere in the US is a good possibility. We have tried talking to him, but he is so busy trying to cheat the excutioner by convincing the state he is insane, no one gets very far.

Bottom line: Could it be true? Yes Do I think it is true? Maybe, but probably not. Is there anything we can do at this point? No.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

--------------------------------------------

Hold the phone:hand: So, does this mean that they have or have not ruled out Jennifer Klein? And if not why are they refusing to exhume the body for DNA if someone else is footing the bill?:doh:

I for one (and I am sure that I am probably one of thousands) would like to find out the truth. Can we start a petition or something requesting that they exhume the body, or maybe if we say pretty please?????

Why does OKCPD have to be the one to OK a request for exhumation? Since the FBI maintains that the identification of "Suzanne" never happened, THEY still have an unsolved possible kidnapping. Why couldn't the FBI authorize exhumation for DNA?

And you know, they also say they identified "Suzanne" and interviewed the father, wonder if it could be David Dial as stated in the post above mine by dottierainbow?

O.k. Someone sent me a message on myspace stating that they found a discussion about David Dial on Websleuths and they personally knew him and said that he had even murdered someone. They said they could read @ Websleuths but could not post. I will post it but not sure it is legitimate because one former poster who could be doing this as a scam. Of all things this persons Myspace hat is Mary Jane and said they are from Georgia. Again, I am skeptical because no proof to me that they actually knew him. You can come to your own conclusions.
myspace.com/greatatlantapotfest
Date:Sep 5, 2007 8:20 PM Flag as Spam or Report Abuse [ ? ]
Subject: Saw You At WebsleuthBody: I was doing a websearch on people I knew back during the late 60's and 70's. One of the people I was trying to find info on (out of curiosity) was David Dial.

The search took me to Websleuth where I read with interest the comments about David Dial. I tried to join so that I could post but for some reason I can log-in but I can't post or reply.

I saw a link to your myspace and thought I'd just contact you to give you some more info. I knew David well back in the 60's and 70's. He lived alone with his little mother in Newnan, Ga.. His father was deceased but he had a brother who lived in Cobb County. When you searched David's name in the Ga. Correctional Database you only got a portion of his arrest record. He was arrested in a couple of other states as well, one was for murder.

He was even arrested for a few crimes in Georgia that weren't listed which is no surprise to me as David was well-connected to large crime syndicates and was able to pay off law enforcement. He was addicted to heroin when I knew him and yes, he did have a daughter who was born around 1969 if I remember correctly.

Hmmm :cool: :silenced:

i live in warren michigan and my mom works at one of the hospitals here (there are two) and has since the late sixties. she tells me she definitely remembers babies being footprinted then. i also have access to the detroit news and free press archives but i have no idea where to begin to look (i read this thread from time to time but am not up to date on all the different theories)

Would you ask your mom if the hospitals kept footprints/handprints on file at the hospital, or if the birth record that the hospital took was given over to the parents and no copy kept? I have a birth "certificate" from the MI hospital in which I was born that served as an official document to be presented at the County Clerks office so a "real" birth certificate could be gotten. I think my original County Clerk Birth Certificate had to have my mother or father's thumbprint, but I would have to ask at the County Office to see if that was the practice in the 60's. Mind you, this doesn't solve Sharon's identity, but I do wonder if there is a fingerprint on file somewhere that could hold the answers. (Not that it would be found, that would be a real needle in the haystack!)

As far as MI is concerned, I am still reading (and learning the map...) but really haven't found anything.

dottierainbow, the letter you recieved may have been nothing, but I did wonder if Dial was Sharon's father. Could Dial have "commissioned" Floyd to kill Sharon's mother?

itsreenw, Karen Lynn Tompkins does sound like a candidate for being Sharon's mother, your post was interesting.

There are so many things involved here, it's great that so many have decided to look into all of this. I am glad that M. Birkbeck wrote the book, the more people who look, perhaps can find some resolve in this baffling case.

Has anyone tried to find out what happened to the daughter that David Dial says he had? Maybe she is still around. Also, Itsreen, I know this was a repost from the Karen Lynn Thompkins thread you started quite a while back so did you ever get any results from the DNA on her with regard to Sharon?

i know on this disccusion or on the former sharon marshall spotlight that once was on ws see archives.one of sharons children given up for adoption found out about the book and red it along with her mother. they contacted Matt Birkbeck because they wanted to put the Dna question to rest on the accuracy of the blood sample being sharons. her blood and the sample blood were a match. blood they have for sharon is truly her blood

i know on this disccusion or on the former sharon marshall spotlight that once was on ws see archives.one of sharons children given up for adoption found out about the book and red it along with her mother. they contacted Matt Birkbeck because they wanted to put the Dna question to rest on the accuracy of the blood sample being sharons. her blood and the sample blood were a match. blood they have for sharon is truly her blood

Oh yeah, and Matt said that the daughter's DNA is in CODIS now too.

[snip]

Now I'm trying to remember...I know there was some question about the validity of Sharon's blood sample awhile back, and this is referred to at the end of Matt's book. This of course made everyone question the validity of the DNA tests they did on Jennifer Klein and the others. This could be what Jerry Nance is referring to in the letter. But IIRC Matt posted fairly recently that the sample was indeed of Sharon's blood, and that the DNA tests were all valid. I'll try to find that post...

ETA: Matt's post from 1-28-07 is posted below. Jerry's letter is dated Apr 21, 2006, so I think Matt's post would have the most up-to-date information.

Post from Matt Birkbeck dated January 28, 2007:

To answer your questions, I came into contact w/ the daughter's adopted mother last summer. You'll recall in the book that Sharon and Floyd left Florida after Cheryl Commesso was killed, stopped in Alabama to take new names off of tombstones, then arrived in New Orleans.
There, as Clarence and a very pregnant Tonya Hughes, they sought to give up the baby for adoption, which they did.
I cannot identify the mother, father or daughter (confidential) but suffice to say the daughter ended up in a wonderfull home with two loving parents, is doing very well in school, and about to begin college next fall.
The mother learned about "A Beautiful Child," read the book, then reached out to me with the goal of trying to identify Sharon. The daughter also read the book, knows about Sharon, and readily agreed to a DNA test to help clarify questions we had about the OKC police blood, etc.
I contacted the National Center for Missing CHildren and they agreed to facilitate a DNA test, which took several months to complete.
The results, as I mentioned earlier, are in and the daughter's DNA matches Sharon (which takes the OKC police off the hook).
The daughter's DNA profile has been inputed into CODIS and will be tested against all samples on file. That also means that if you come up with any legitimate prospects (as to Sharon's real family) then we can faciliate DNA testing.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1304528&postcount=416

I wonder if Sharons mom might have SOLD Sharon to FDF? Maybe she was down and out poor , needing drugs etc and couldnt afford a kid so she SOLD her maybe thinking she would have a better life, and that is why nobody reported her missing.
Maybe he doesnt want to admit to buying Sharon, because the allusion of being a mastermind kiddnaper or whatever seems better to him than having to buy her.
The story on the news with Katie Couric last night about human trafficking made me think more along this angle.
And I thought about Sharon. They said this is running rampant in the Florida panhandle. They interviewed one teenage girl that got away after 4 days.
She said there was a new girl at her school and this new girl invited her over to her house for a sleepover, where she lived with a man that was posing as her dad. The next thing she knew she woke up with somebody holding her legs down and her hands tied above her head, she was being sexual abused. The man had drugged her and had either sold her or was going to sale her.
They said there are houses here in america that keep these girls to be sold as sex slaves etc. they said they are in nice neighborhoods everywhere and neighbors dont even know these girls are in these houses, because they never go outside.

Weird, when I tried to see it earlier it said it had been moved or was unavailable.

Would you ask your mom if the hospitals kept footprints/handprints on file at the hospital, or if the birth record that the hospital took was given over to the parents and no copy kept? I have a birth "certificate" from the MI hospital in which I was born that served as an official document to be presented at the County Clerks office so a "real" birth certificate could be gotten. I think my original County Clerk Birth Certificate had to have my mother or father's thumbprint, but I would have to ask at the County Office to see if that was the practice in the 60's. Mind you, this doesn't solve Sharon's identity, but I do wonder if there is a fingerprint on file somewhere that could hold the answers. (Not that it would be found, that would be a real needle in the haystack!)

Mom says she's "pretty certain" they kept the babies' footprints on file (not sure they still have them from that far back, but she'll check!). She doesnt think they took the parents' thumbprints though ..

Mom says she's "pretty certain" they kept the babies' footprints on file (not sure they still have them from that far back, but she'll check!). She doesnt think they took the parents' thumbprints though ..

Thanks for asking her, blue_the_puppy. I know it doesn't solve Sharon's mystery, but I was curious about the prints being kept on file. (The certificate I remember with my parent's thumbprints could also have something to do with my own parent's traveling out of the country with us.)

Gina_M, thanks for adding the quote regarding the validity of the blood sample.

just bumping for sharon anyone else find any new things to search?

What happened to Dr. Doogie? His posts are always very informative no matter what thread he is on. I thought at one point they were close to identifying Sharon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025