OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm getting vertigo from the Sharon/Suzanne threads. Do you suppose a mod could weave them together so that we aren't going back & forth playing catch-up? It's clearly a deeper mystery. Has her bio family not made any attempt to add another marker with her bio name or bring her remains home? Does anyone know if the Birbeck has made contact with her daughter again? Every time I think I have even a remote idea of how to put this together, I start navigating back & forth trying to understand why I can't understand anything on this case, as deeply layered as it is.
Thank you Donamena for letting me know that I am not alone in my difficulty in trying to put all of this sad story together. I am just left feeling an overall sadness with this resolution, not relief nor thankful or happy to at least have some semblence of closure. Then when I begin to think I have an understanding of things, I am finding I am far from that. I think too I am left with such a feeling of grief for the life that Sharon had at the hand of Franklin Floyd, I want her to know that if she had been my baby girl I would never have quit trying to find her. It makes my heart feel so heavy, I'm having a hard time trying to put it into words.

I AM WONDERING SEVERAL THINGS ALSO , Like why does the brother not have a namus profile already its december for gosh sakes!!!!!!! and I also wonder if Suzanne really thought her mother was dead? surely at 6 she remembered her siblings. Back to the brother what is the hold up?

It's amazing this is now resolved, but of course, as everyone else has pointed out, there are now more questions as well.

So sad there was never a missing person's report filed, but it makes sense now why it took so long to identify her.

Her brother may not have a NAMUS profile yet because they may still be in the process of proving that he existed. I'm not sure what they need to create one.
Do they need a birth certificate? It sounds like her brother was too young to be enrolled in school?

Were they just able to prove Sharon Marshall was Suzanne with a DNA test? Did they have proof of birth for her?

bumping another month for the brother to be added to namus, I really dont understand the holdup unless maybe the FBI got an answer from Floyd and they are searching? thoughts anyone ? And I have not found one single follow up story anywhere

It's amazing this is now resolved, but of course, as everyone else has pointed out, there are now more questions as well.

So sad there was never a missing person's report filed, but it makes sense now why it took so long to identify her.

Her brother may not have a NAMUS profile yet because they may still be in the process of proving that he existed. I'm not sure what they need to create one.
Do they need a birth certificate? It sounds like her brother was too young to be enrolled in school?

Were they just able to prove Sharon Marshall was Suzanne with a DNA test? Did they have proof of birth for her?

Yes the FBI did a DNA test.

I think there's a lot about this case that we will never know, which is a shame for those of us that followed tirelessly for over a decade. I think the "powers that be" know far more than they will ever say and I think any further information that does come out will be in the form of a book by Matt, so the info will be at his/their discretion. I do understand the family's need for privacy and that they may want to keep this a private issue but in some ways Suzanne was "ours" longer than she belonged to anyone else. And I don't mean that to sound as cold as I know it comes off.

That doesnt come off cold , I had thought about the same thing, I think if I were the family I would be very grateful that strangers worked so hard on my daughter, sisters case, I would be reaching out and providing a statement, thats just me. I saw on Matts blog a lady kinda went on a rant about that, I imagine the family does not realize that it looks to people who have spent alot of energy, tears and emotions on this case like they could care less about all of us who LOVED a girl we never met, I want to blame it on they arent ready but on matts blog it looks like by one of the familys comments there will be no update to the public JMO but I would feel obligated to to update all the people that worked so hard to bring her home JMO my opinion and no offense intended and all that stuff !

Ok I might bee over thinking this but the whole reason the FBI went to see Floyd was the story the woman outside of Knoxville said re Janet Carter and Christinas body being under the house Maybe that was correct and they are still investigating, it could be the location of the infant boys body , and this woman really was Suzanne Cousin, suzanne Sister did say on arts blog there is olny so much the FBI will allow them to say

I think that this family is overwhelmed and just not ready to speak out. For years they thought their two siblings/children/grandchildren, etc. were alive somewhere and probably held out hope of being reunited. Now they have found out that Suzanne is dead and her brother and son are likely dead as well. The FBI gave the family Matt's book to read. I read it and found it traumatizing; I can only imagine how traumatized I would be if she were related to me.

That doesnt come off cold , I had thought about the same thing, I think if I were the family I would be very grateful that strangers worked so hard on my daughter, sisters case, I would be reaching out and providing a statement, thats just me. I saw on Matts blog a lady kinda went on a rant about that, I imagine the family does not realize that it looks to people who have spent alot of energy, tears and emotions on this case like they could care less about all of us who LOVED a girl we never met, I want to blame it on they arent ready but on matts blog it looks like by one of the familys comments there will be no update to the public JMO but I would feel obligated to to update all the people that worked so hard to bring her home JMO my opinion and no offense intended and all that stuff !

Wow. I catch up on this case every couple of months but I never really thought there would be an answer. That poor little girl. :( With the speculation that Floyd might have bought her from her family, with them knowing full well what he wanted, it seemed like 'Sharon' would have had a terrible life even if he hadn't got his hands on her. But from the limited information, it seems she was loved by her mother. Somehow this makes it worse. :(

I haven't been actively involved in finding out who she was, just a reader... but I find some of the recent posts in really bad taste. Suzanne's family owe absolutely nothing to the people who have been trying to find out her true identity, and to suggest that they do is horrible. They have only just found out that their daughter / sister / whoever was repeatedly raped throughout her short, miserable life and then killed. Let's allow them to grieve and respond in their own way shall we?

I agree that the family should have its privacy respected.

But let's face it: there are a lot of people who spent a lot of time over the years hoping and wishing and praying that Sharon's identity would come to be known. That kind of emotional investment demands some kind of closure of its own.

I recently heard of this case and I have a couple of questions:

* I recall from a crime show that Floyd and 'Sharon' left one state and changed their names because they were suspects in a 1990 homicide. Were they referring to Cheryl Comesso's murder, or was Floyd only a suspect when those photos appeared? Was there any indication in 89/90 that Cheryl had been murdered or was she just considered missing/a runaway by LE? I'm curious to know if Floyd murdered someone besides Suzanne and Cheryl around that time and who they might be.

* I read 'A Beautiful Child' and it mentions that when Floyd was arrested they found in his wallet the current name and address of the woman he assaulted when she was 4. Many parts of the book made my stomach turn but this was the worst because I wasn't expecting it at all.

* How long was Floyd married to Suzanne's mother? I could see Suzanne believing he really was her father if they lived together for a couple of years before her abduction. Did her biological father die when she was young?

Sorry if these questions have been answered already. I've read a few of the Sharon Marshall threads here but I've found it hard to remember everything.

Her biological father is still alive, but was in the military at the time, so that may be why her parents split up.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

The marriage license and recorded wedding date between Brandon Cleo Williams (Floyd alias) and Suzanne/Sharon's mother is 6/12/1974, issued in Mecklenburg County, NC...so they were not married that long before he took off with the children after her arrest for passing a hot check for diapers.

The marriage license and recorded wedding date between Brandon Cleo Williams (Floyd alias) and Suzanne/Sharon's mother is 6/12/1974, issued in Mecklenburg County, NC...so they were not married that long before he took off with the children after her arrest for passing a hot check for diapers.

they were not married long , and I wonder if her bio dad ever tried to report her, if he had stepped in it would probably have been a different story, so I'm guessing Mom was left to deal with this without backup.

She was jailed for passing a bad check while paying for diapers? That is so sad.

that is really Sad, I'm sure she had no help at the time it seems as if all the fathers just left her on her own, she needed diapers for the baby boy.....its like one of those heartbreaking stories where Mom had to work and child died in the hands of someone else, this was always a fear of mine, sometimes you just cant do it alone.

My brother brought up an interesting point the other day. Floyd was friends with guys who were master forgers. He was very good himself at assuming identities. My brother suggested FDF may have set up the mother in some way. Marry her, suggest she pass a bad check, and take the little ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back