OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The FBI agent would not have taken the report. He wouldn't even have known about it. Suzanne's mother would have tried to file a report with her local North Carolina authorities. It was someone in NC who refused to take the report.
The blog post does say she went to local police and FBI and they refused to file a report though

Apparently per someone on FB her middle name and last name were changed slightly in Matt's blog to protect the family. So it isn't Sevakig, but some variation. The person did not post the name she figured out. I could find no results on google or FB or Sevakig.

Apparently per someone on FB her middle name and last name were changed slightly in Matt's blog to protect the family. So it isn't Sevakig, but some variation. The person did not post the name she figured out. I could find no results on google or FB or Sevakig.
Sigh. So we don't actually know her name?
ETA, An earlier post talked about an amazon review posted by a fam member. Saw that review...no where close to a mash up of Sevakig. I guess we have to wait and see if the fam chooses to reveal themselves and the name. At least she has a name and they know.

That's what at least one person is saying, and I have to agree, since I could find not a single Sevakig on intellius or facebook.

If I wasn't such a Luddite I could have saved the newspaper. I was trying a variation of the name, which could possibly be German. There were German families living in the Carolinas in the 1700s. I would never have considered a North Sea last name, but an English, Scot, or Irish one. The paper was from, I think, the early decades of the 1900s, from Asheboro, NC.

That's what at least one person is saying, and I have to agree, since I could find not a single Sevakig on intellius or facebook.
I have to agree that from what you have seen this looks to be the case. I thought it sounded odd but didn't question. Too happy to think it through I guess.

what pisses me off to no end is back then law enforcement treated missing children and run aways like noting was wrong. they would say kids are kids teeangers are teeangers tell the parents wait a few days and they will return home. if you were lucky enough your local pd would treat it as a missing persons/runaway. if only her local pd had taken a report and filed a case i feel sharon would still be here today and they would have found her sooner.

Floyd did reveal that Michael was dead. i wish he would have elaborated more on it but knowing Floyd he never reveals much info and when he does its garbled and makes no sense.

i know when Floyd said in the past you will never find her true identity is because he knew that he had an alias when he married her mother and he probably knew about the police attempt for a missing persons report and that's why he said those things because he knew no one would ever know

because of the nc pd sharon never had the chance to know her family.

:possibly Selkvig?? If this is going off:tos: will a mod please delete?

there was a guy who posted on matt's website interesting enough when i did a google search there someone with the same name who hails from franklin nc kinda odd franklin floyd franklin nc

what pisses me off to no end is back then law enforcement treated missing children and run aways like noting was wrong. they would say kids are kids teeangers are teeangers tell the parents wait a few days and they will return home. if you were lucky enough your local pd would treat it as a missing persons/runaway. if only her local pd had taken a report and filed a case i feel sharon would still be here today and they would have found her sooner.

Floyd did reveal that Michael was dead. i wish he would have elaborated more on it but knowing Floyd he never reveals much info and when he does its garbled and makes no sense.

i know when Floyd said in the past you will never find her true identity is because he knew that he had an alias when he married her mother and he probably knew about the police attempt for a missing persons report and that's why he said those things because he knew no one would ever know

because of the nc pd sharon never had the chance to know her family.
Except this time Floyd was wrong. Even if the name we are given is slightly off....her fam knows. [emoji18] he thought he would go to his grave with all his secrets. Not so, thanks to ppl who doggedly saw this through

The book review poster shares the same last name as the mother. I found a listing on Ancestry.com with Suzanne's real name. Her last name is only one letter off from the posted one.

OK...that's the last name I saw on the Amazon review for the book stating that the book was about his grandma

Matt's blog said Suzanne's Mother went to local LE and the FBI and both refused to take the report because Floyd was her stepfather.

Sorry, I misread your post while I was still stunned this case was solved.

Sorry, I misread your post while I was still stunned this case was solved.
We all are. Thought for sure ol' Floyd would never reveal. Oddly enough he did reveal some facts but it wasn't because of him this case got solved.....he was foiled. That smug sociopath thought he could keep her for himself....he was wrong

The book review poster shares the same last name as the mother. I found a listing on Ancestry.com with Suzanne's real name. Her last name is only one letter off from the posted one.

The name I found on ancestry.com is several letters different but very similar. Her first name is one of her alias first names. The birth and death dates are a bit off also. Died in Michigan?

Unbelievably good news.... I feel bad for Suzanne's family.. but at least they all know the truth now.

Good ole Joe, and the rest who never gave up. Bless 'em.

there was a guy who posted on matt's website interesting enough when i did a google search there someone with the same name who hails from franklin nc kinda odd franklin floyd franklin nc
There's a Franklin county in North Carolina as well. Those of you who have been on this thread from the beginning, & I applaud all of your work & determination, have been resolute in your insistence in pursuing this mystery & you appear to be so close the finishing your quest to give her a reality, denied to her by a piece of garbage.

I'm just a newbie & only latched on because of Dial. It's a name I know all too well. The mixed remnants of the Pee Dee, Cherah, Lumbee & other tribes I can't remember just now, began traveling west. They began to call themselves Melungeons, just when however, isn't clear. They are also known by the pejoratives Brass Ankle & the more infamous Redbone.

They went west to Kentucky, Tennessee, & after the Louisiana Purchase, some of them, including a branch of the Dial clan, came to the coastal south. They first settled north of Lafayette, & began a trek westward again, towards the western part of Louisiana & the eastern portion of Texas.

There were at least 12 core families. My question, after this short lesson in ethno history is: is FDF's name real? It's not a name peculiar to the core group. My apologies if this has already been explored.

The name I found on ancestry.com is several letters different but very similar. Her first name is one of her alias first names. The birth and death dates are a bit off also. Died in Michigan?

There are people with what we presume is her last name, & they do appear to come from Minnesota. According to Find a Grave, itself not always an exact source, her place of death is listed as Choctaw, OK, or did I mis-read?

There are people with what we presume is her last name, & they do appear to come from Minnesota. According to Find a Grave, itself not always an exact source, her place of death is listed as Choctaw, OK, or did I mis-read?
Broken Arrow I believe

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess9976
Back