OK OK - Tracey Neilson, 21, Moore, 5 January 1981

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Going cross-eyed trying to figure out what those letters are, for now - guessing it starts with a small capital R ( or B) which swirls into an O, then an i, or r, U .
jmo.

Does it say Bir? Boir?

I, with my low-level reading glasses see possibly S, o, E?? Very distinctive signature to it. I am sure they could have solved it this way at the time. But now!?

Another thing that occurs to me is maybe they don't know which SWBell it comes from. It might have come from the local SWBell, or from an out of state SWBell, etc...

Or a generic office supply company as part of a ruse, as others have mentioned.

Hello all, I am a new member here on WS. I am a private detective here in Oklahoma, and you may have seen articles related to the Judith Elwell case, which I have been working for years. I will save that for another time, but as for the case of Tracey Neilson, I might add the following:
We must keep in mind that the authorities are in no way releasing ALL the evidence they have in this case. There is a lot we, as the public, do not know about.
The devil is often in the details, and the details are often locked securely away.
If one examines the story, they will see that the victim had gone to a "nearby" grocery store that day. There is a grocery store located a few hundred feet north of her apartment. This particular store has been there since 1961, thereby making it a good possibility that she went there.
The grocery store is within walking distance, thereby showing the possibility that the victim walked to the store, rather than drove.
The historical record shows a slightly chilly high that day of 44 degrees, and partly sunny, so not too cold to walk to the store.
In order to walk to this particular grocery store, she would have had to pass through one of many gaps in the privacy fence, if it were there at that time.
She would have also had to pass by one of several telephone risers which are clearly located in the right-of-way between the apartments and the store, thereby creating the possibility that a phone company repairman was near where she passed to go to the store.
The nagging question is- why would a telephone repairman, who may have had any intention of doing the victim harm, take the time to COMPLETELY fill out a ticket book? A ticket book that clearly has to be turned in at some point?
Why would a repairman do that? As you can see by the hand writing, he has filled the form out in a calm manner, not hurriedly or sloppy in manner, AND SIGNED IT!
Why would this repairman put himself at the crime scene by filling this out and signing it?
Let me express my opinion on the book. It is not a fake ticket book, has several other pages that we aren't privy to see, has been clearly and neatly filled out, and appears to be signed by Joe, employee #143.
Please keep in mind what a messy deed the murderer has just done, these types of incidents result in the murderer being very often covered in spatter, yet in broad daylight, high noon, he went back to finish his workday looking that way?
I welcome questions, comments, suggestions, threats, personal insults etc. and look forward to being a part of this community.
Thank You.

Hello all, I am a new member here on WS. I am a private detective here in Oklahoma, and you may have seen articles related to the Judith Elwell case, which I have been working for years. I will save that for another time, but as for the case of Tracey Neilson, I might add the following:
We must keep in mind that the authorities are in no way releasing ALL the evidence they have in this case. There is a lot we, as the public, do not know about.
The devil is often in the details, and the details are often locked securely away.
If one examines the story, they will see that the victim had gone to a "nearby" grocery store that day. There is a grocery store located a few hundred feet north of her apartment. This particular store has been there since 1961, thereby making it a good possibility that she went there.
The grocery store is within walking distance, thereby showing the possibility that the victim walked to the store, rather than drove.
The historical record shows a slightly chilly high that day of 44 degrees, and partly sunny, so not too cold to walk to the store.
In order to walk to this particular grocery store, she would have had to pass through one of many gaps in the privacy fence, if it were there at that time.
She would have also had to pass by one of several telephone risers which are clearly located in the right-of-way between the apartments and the store, thereby creating the possibility that a phone company repairman was near where she passed to go to the store.
The nagging question is- why would a telephone repairman, who may have had any intention of doing the victim harm, take the time to COMPLETELY fill out a ticket book? A ticket book that clearly has to be turned in at some point?
Why would a repairman do that? As you can see by the hand writing, he has filled the form out in a calm manner, not hurriedly or sloppy in manner, AND SIGNED IT!
Why would this repairman put himself at the crime scene by filling this out and signing it?
Let me express my opinion on the book. It is not a fake ticket book, has several other pages that we aren't privy to see, has been clearly and neatly filled out, and appears to be signed by Joe, employee #143.
Please keep in mind what a messy deed the murderer has just done, these types of incidents result in the murderer being very often covered in spatter, yet in broad daylight, high noon, he went back to finish his workday looking that way?
I welcome questions, comments, suggestions, threats, personal insults etc. and look forward to being a part of this community.
Thank You.

Welcome to Ws. Starving PI, thanks for the generous serving of food for thought!

:welcome:

Tracey Neilson Murder: As New Clues Emerge, Can You Help Police Crack Decades-Old Cold Case?

http://people.com/crime/tracey-neilson-moore-cold-case-murder/

Tracey Neilson’s brutal slaying has haunted investigators in Oklahoma for nearly four decades. But the search for the truth — and ultimately, closure for those the Oklahoma State University student and young wife left behind — continues still, as detectives hunt down new leads and turn to the public for assistance in solving one of the state’s oldest cold cases.

Tracey Neilson Murder: As New Clues Emerge, Can You Help Police Crack Decades-Old Cold Case?

http://people.com/crime/tracey-neilson-moore-cold-case-murder/

A key chain, taken as a token as opposed to a necklace, is somewhat surprising imo. Could there be something specific about the key chain the perp wanted? Did it have his fingerprints, or his blood on it, or did it represent something more??
speculation.
According to police, there were no signs of forced entry at the home in Moore, Oklahoma, and Tracey’s remains showed no signs she had been sexually assaulted.

But detectives hope that a recently released piece of evidence — Tracey’s keychain, which her killer may have taken as a “trophy” — could generate new tips in the case.
“People’s relationships change over time,” Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Francia Thompson tells PEOPLE. “If anyone, a former girlfriend or ex-wife, might recognize it and knew that it was taken from a crime scene, it could provide the lead we need.”
Those with any information about the case are asked to call the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation at 800-522-8017.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold...be-key-solving-travey-neilsons-murder-n394676
attachment.php

Sketch of the key chain taken from the crime scene that day. OSBI Forensic Artist Harvey Pratt

Attachments

• key_chain_tracey_neilson_murder_2b4c276de1f4ce6a582e70edccd04483.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg
    key_chain_tracey_neilson_murder_2b4c276de1f4ce6a582e70edccd04483.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 116
I wonder if Tracey had a ex or someone infatuated with her? She was a very attractive woman and they could have been tipped over the edge by her marriage. She was murdered in her 21st birthday so could be significant, you might expect a friend to drop by and invite them in. Wonder if anyone she knew (or their parents) once worked for a cable co?

Who gave Tracey that keychain? The person who murdered her?

Are they absolutely sure it was the cable man (or someone posing as him) who murdered her?

Could it have been someone else who waited until after the cable man was done and left?

And on her 21st birthday? :(

Despite the new pieces of evidence there is still a lot of unanswered questions to this case.

Any chance that Tracey's killer was a woman?
Tracey was beautiful and newly married to a handsome man, a soon to be doctor, plus she was not apparently, sexually assaulted.
speculation.

From the Yahoo article:

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/tracey-neilson-murder-clues-emerge-155023706.html

[FONT=&quot]In the ensuing years, authorities have had precious few leads to go on, other than a still-unidentified fingerprint recovered from the scene, a cable TV repair ticket found at the apartment, signed by a still-unidentified repairman, and eyewitness accounts of a white male seen near the Neilsons’ front door.

BBM

Did that white male happen to be wearing a service uniform? Or, is this a different guy?[/FONT]

Any chance that Tracey's killer was a woman?
Tracey was beautiful and newly married to a handsome man, a soon to be doctor, plus she was not apparently, sexually assaulted.
speculation.

No eye witnesses of a woman though

Tracey Neilson’s Husband Is Hopeful Her Cold Case Slaying Will Be Solved: ‘The Pain Never Goes Away’

Not a day goes by that Jeff Neilson doesn’t think about the decades-old killing of his 21-year-old wife, Tracey — and the moment he found her lifeless body in their home, riddled with stab wounds.

“It was a horrible day,” Jeff tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue, on newsstands now, as the 37th anniversary of his wife’s killing approaches.

“During my first years at medical school, I was dissecting cadavers, but nothing prepares you for that … it was absolutely horrible.”

While frustrated by the lack of answers to Tracey’s cold case, Jeff tells PEOPLE his wife’s keychain — which investigators believe the killer may have taken as a “souvenir” — is still missing and could be the key to solving this crime.

“That key ring would be one way to link someone” to the killing, he explains. “We hope a mistake is made. I think we’re doing a Hail Mary pass here and trying to do whatever we can to stimulate one phone call to authorities that could lead to something.”

I see the name Joe. Even before I found and read this thread I saw Joe in the photo in People mag.

The word someone here couldn't make out imho looks like intercept.

Is that blood or ketchup on that ticket?

Hoping this new exposure will have someone come forth who knows who this killer is. For her poor husband and families sake, let it be so.

I see the name Joe. Even before I found and read this thread I saw Joe in the photo in People mag.

The word someone here couldn't make out imho looks like intercept.

Is that blood or ketchup on that ticket?

Hoping this new exposure will have someone come forth who knows who this killer is. For her poor husband and families sake, let it be so.

Was wondering what that mark was too?

Hello, everyone...I'm a new member but have visited the site quite a few times.

In my opinion, the name appears to be Lou. If you look at the ink accumulation dots that occur with certain types of pens, it seems that the first letter is an L. I'm taking into account the ink dots on the first letter and using those to mimic the writing strokes. I hope this makes sense. Based on the ticket, he seems to have had some familiarity with cable repair or copied info from a ticket after having work done at his own home. Though, he was clearly comfortable with that ruse, so I wouldn't be surprised if he actually worked in that field, even for a short time.

I saw on here that a private detective said that she may have walked to a grocery store. I believe that she went to a Braum's or something like that. I think if there were some reports that maybe she helped two guys with car trouble. maybe gave them a jump or something like that. I don't think she had been home very long the perpetrator arrived if memory serves. I think the iron was left on. I read in this blog where it said her throat was cut. I did not know that or hadn't heard that. also I believe that police checked an ex-boyfriend and maybe a female from her former school which was OSU.

I know they went and questioned Henry Lee Lucas has a possible. He lived in Altus some around that time. That's where Jeff is from her husband. I think Henry Lee Lucas was in Altus a couple of weeks maybe Roofing. He lived at a motel call Astro travel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Let the light shine
Back