Olimpia Miksan Missing 1996 Abbotsford, BC Canada

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JDinsley

Reaction score
Olimpia was the best friend of my youngest sister. The police deemed her a runaway at the time, but she had her own place, left all of her ID,her new puppy and her paycheck at the house. This was NOT a runaway situation at all. There have never been any leads in the case, mainly because her disappearance wasn't taken seriously by the Abbotsford police at the time of her disappearance.

The Province (Vancouver, BC), 23 Aug 96

1657483649013.png

The Abbotsford, 29 Aug 96, pg 1
1657483708251.png

The Chilliwack Progress, 4 Sep 96, pg 9

1657483808391.png

The Province (Vancouver, BC), 9 Aug 2016, pg 2
1657483907812.png

She may have been down, maybe a bit stressed, but she had a lot going for her at 18. Her own place that young is an incredible achievement. Just from those articles, it seems out of character for her to leave town abruptly rather than discuss a spur-of-the-moment trip if that's what she chose to do. Especially if she had a new puppy, and especially if she left behind a cheque/IDs. It does seem strange that her Canadian citizenship papers were missing, though, if I'm reading that Global write-up correctly. Does not rule out foul play as even if I were trying for a fresh start, I would want to ensure I had funds ahead of me.

Let's bring more attention to Olimpia's name and find answers for her friends and family.

0*mqojHkXfMjHfMvle.png

Olimpia Miksan, age 18
Missing since 21 June 1996 from Abbotsford, BC, Canada

LINK:

A possible suspect in the disappearance of Olimpia Mikszan might be James Allen Kinney. He is a likely serial killer who was convicted of the 2001 murder of Keri Lynn Sherlock, age 20, in Bellingham, Washington.

James Allen Kinney
Date of Birth: 11 September 1949
Inmate 835603 Washington State DOC

Abbotsford, British Colombia is right on the border of Canada and the US, only a short distance from Bellingham, WA.

Kinney travelled throughout the US visiting numerous military bases, Veteran's hospitals, American Legion, and VFW posts. Here is a link to his Websleuths thread:

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TacoPanda