Omaha Double Murder #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this works. This still shot of EA is creepy, IMO, because it is very similar to the composite. Notice the pure cunning irradiating from his eyes.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/08/serial_stabbing_suspect_elias.html

MOO

wm

Seeing this guy's photo is like a punch in my stomach, every time. There is a lot about investigation procedure I don't understand and am just trusting that his connection to this case is going to be checked into carefully. We know that EA has not only attacked black men in the street; there are probably instances of his doing so in homes, etc. OPD is looking into any connection, probably it takes time, there is a long line of other agencies looking at this guy.
It's a cool Fall like day here in Omaha and I took my son to High School this morning. He is Tom's age. So much was taken away from his and Shirlee's family by the coward who did this thing. I wish sometimes that I were religous because right now I'd be praying for this connection to check out and end the families' suffering.

I know what you mean snick. I get the same 'punched in the stomach feeling' as you. Maybe it is because of seeing this young mans wounds. He is just a boy really and IIRC it was reported the youngest victim in Flint was 15 yrs. old.

Warning somewhat graphic video. The young man shows the wound to his abdomen at about :22 .

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/38832015#38832015"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

I'll bet many LEA's across the country are seeking this guys DNA due to him traveling around the USA so much. I feel sure a timeline will eventually emerge regarding his movements. Even if he turns out to not be the killer in this case I want to say, GO OPD! for checking it out. Leave no stone unturned for Tom and Shirlee, I say!

OT Congrats to your son for entering HS. What an exciting time for him! They grow up so fast don't they? I'm sure you an Mrs Snick are very proud of him. Next thing you know, he will be learning to drive! EEK!!! (that was one of the scariest things for me while raising my kids, LOL!)

all MOO

wm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38863283/ns/us_news/

The attacks started in late spring, and a pattern emerged after a dozen more men were stabbed between late June and early August. Survivors described the attacker as a big man wearing a baseball-style cap and feigning the need for car help or directions.
The above info in italics caused a lightbulb to go off in my head. I may be reaching here so please tell me your collective thoughts on this idea. Remember the eyewitness account in the beginning who reportedly saw the SUV starting and stopping in the Dundee neighborhood on the day of the murders? IMO, it is possible that the killer of Tom and Shirlee may have used car trouble as an excuse to enter the Hunter residence.

I researched serial killers this a.m. and one who was interviewed described it as an 'urge' that was uncontrollable. How does a serial killer satisfy this 'urge' if the 'urge' overcomes his psyche during daylight hours? It wouldn't make sense to satisfy his 'urge' outdoors in broad daylight and risk being caught. He would need to create a 'ruse' to gain entry into his intended victims residence. I wonder if this guy had crossed paths with Tom or at least seen him while he walked home from the bus one day. If other students walked with Tom, he couldn't very well make his move in daylight hours at a time of day when there is foot traffic about the neighborhood. He may have stalked the neighborhood for a few days looking for an easy victim or even asked Tom for directions while he was walking home. Perhaps he was looking for a home where he thought the child was alone in the afternoon. But surprise! Shirlee was there cleaning that day with her car parked in the back of the home.

It is a long shot that EA was in Omaha on that March day in 2008 but the more I think about it, the more I think these murders could be the work of a serial killer. If not EA, then some other deranged person.

This is all just a theory, MOO and all that jazz. Besides, I like keeping the thread bumped up to page one....

wm

Oh, one other thing. I hope the FBI/LE check EA's SUV for any previous paint jobs. I remember reading somewhere that EA's SUV looked like the paint job was NOT the factory one. Sorry, I have no link.

A few other thoughts.....

The perp parked his car a few houses down from the Hunter home and reportedly 'cut through' a neighbor's yard while walking to the front door of the H home.

IMO, this indicates that he did not wish to be recognized by anyone in the Hunter home as he took a foot route where he would less likely be seen from the residence prior to ringing the door bell. I wonder if he had previously encountered either of our victims.

Now I have a question! (for which I'll probably never have an answer)

Did Shirlee have keys for entry into other homes that she cleaned? Were any taken?

Sorry to hijack the thread everyone but just wanted to run some thoughts by you all while they are fresh in my head.

MOO

wm

A few other thoughts.....

The perp parked his car a few houses down from the Hunter home and reportedly 'cut through' a neighbor's yard while walking to the front door of the H home.

IMO, this indicates that he did not wish to be recognized by anyone in the Hunter home as he took a foot route where he would less likely be seen from the residence prior to ringing the door bell. I wonder if he had previously encountered either of our victims.

Now I have a question! (for which I'll probably never have an answer)

Did Shirlee have keys for entry into other homes that she cleaned? Were any taken?

Sorry to hijack the thread everyone but just wanted to run some thoughts by you all while they are fresh in my head.

MOO

wm

I wonder if the perp was avoiding the victims or other people in the neighborhood… Head scratcher.

I think I see where some of you are going. If this was someone who either lived in the area or knew someone who did maybe he was trying hard not to be seen or at least recognized.
The idea about the keys is one I never thought of. Most cleaning people have a collection of keys for those they clean for, whether she would have had them all with her that day I dont know. Could the perp have been after something at another house, one she cleaned in? Something important enough to kill for? I wonder if LE checked out her other clients?
I recall right afterward reading that Shirlee cleaned almost exclusively in doctor's homes. Would that suggest anything?

It sure is a head scratcher omaha.....

Maybe he didn't wish to walk on the side walk for fear of someone getting a good look at him in passing.

Snick, I cleaned houses during summer break from school several years back. I had keys to the homes I cleaned. It occured to me that this could be a possible motive for someone to commit these murders. Nothing was reportedly stolen from the H residence and money was left behind in Shirlee's purse. Just throwing it out there as a possible theory because this is such a senseless crime.

All MOO

wm

The perp parked his car a few houses down from the Hunter home and reportedly 'cut through' a neighbor's yard while walking to the front door of the H home. IMO, this indicates that he did not wish to be recognized by anyone in the Hunter home as he took a foot route where he would less likely be seen from the residence prior to ringing the door bell.
wm

I agree.

wm

It was reported that nothing was taken. However, many details known only to the police have not been disclosed.

There haven't been any reports (that I'm aware of) that any of Shirlee's other clients were victims of subsequent home invasions, or other crimes that could be tied to the taking of Shirlee's keys.

We don't know if these murders were the work of a deranged stranger, but often 'those types' take souvenirs from their victims.

Does the fact that nothing was reported as being taken argue against this being the work of a random killer?

We don't have evidence at this time that Tom cyber stabbed anyone while online gaming.

Waltzing Matilda is correct. We don't know anything about Thomas' online gaming activities - what or when they took place. We don't know what game was placed on "pause" that day. It could have been anything.

While some assume it was a violent, on-line, role-playing game, it's just as good a guess that it was something tame, like Farmville. Or maybe he wasn't on-line at all, and was simply playing a video game like Mario Kart Racing. He was eleven years old, after all. And news reports were vague about when and where his on-line activities took place.

We do know that OPD searched every device (cell phones, computers, hard drives, etc.) belonging to or used by the Hunter family. If leads had been generated from that information, I think we would have seen more activity in the investigation by now.

It's been over two years....

Waltzing Matilda is correct. We don't know anything about Thomas' online gaming activities - what or when they took place. We don't know what game was placed on "pause" that day. It could have been anything.

While some assume it was a violent, on-line, role-playing game, it's just as good a guess that it was something tame, like Farmville. Or maybe he wasn't on-line at all, and was simply playing a video game like Mario Kart Racing. He was eleven years old, after all. And news reports were vague about when and where his on-line activities took place.

We do know that OPD searched every device (cell phones, computers, hard drives, etc.) belonging to or used by the Hunter family. If leads had been generated from that information, I think we would have seen more activity in the investigation by now.

It's been over two years....

When my son was Tom's age he came home from school every day for awhile and played Medal of Honor on PS2. I have never assumed that he was playing online that day or even that he played online a lot on his PC. I did assume that because he was known to have been a bright kid and good with technology, that he may have done so.
However we shouldn't underrate the power of online games. My son lost a friend of several years due to some dumb thing that happened in an online game. He thought he was being playful- the other kid took it deadly serious and they weren't friends after that. They are both in High School now and the other kid looks the other way when he sees my son- incredible.

This could just as easily have been someone who had been stalking Thomas......perhaps saw him at the YMCA or saw him get on or off the bus each day. I think the killer was looking for a specific target for a specific reason and it does not appear to have been robbery motivated. This could be from a grudge that goes way back that had been festering in someone's mind for a long time. If he was just looking for a random victim, why would he have been scrutinizing the neighborhood apparently looking for a specific address?

We may never know who committed these horrible crimes but I think the killer is a local.

It would take some rock-hard evidence and a strong explanation to convince me that an 11-yr-old could be a target of this attack.

And not just because I have an 11-yr-old, but seriously....

The key angle is an interesting thought. Just seems like if someone is willing to murder they wouldn't have too much of an issue doing a B&E. Alarm systems would have to be circumvented in either case, with or without the physical key. Unless the perp got the code for the specific house, but it doesn't sound like it from the description of the attack on Shirley. She was considered to have been "surprised" in a hallway, I believe.

I don't recall if there was ever an explicit discussion of Tom's older siblings.

Always found it odd that Tom's family hasn't offered much of (or even any?) reward.

Doesn't seem like putting up whatever the difference between what Shirley's family is offering ($30,000?) and what is needed to push the published reward over $100K would be much of an issue for the double doctor family.

Well, the eleven year old could be oblivious to the whole thing, People do fixate on other people. It happens.

It would take some rock-hard evidence and a strong explanation to convince me that an 11-yr-old could be a target of this attack.

And not just because I have an 11-yr-old, but seriously....

Hi friends,
I sure do think of this case alot, and everyday pray justice can prevail. Of course my first thought was the school/asian person connection. Then, I went off on the husband having an affair connection...(made sense in the religious/kill kinda thing.) Especially when the house was titled over... Still, I wondered about the OLDER brothers, and their possible connections. Well, I came across this horrific crime, and it gave me pause. First, because the composite looks EXACTLY like this person. Then, my wondering armchair detective kicked in... Perhaps, there is a connection...if not this particular perp who looks EXACTLY like the composite, but who knows? Psychos & sociopaths don't make sense. Anyway, this link I am alluding to reminded me of our Omaha crimes. A long shot, I know, but the deprevity of this psycho, gave me pause. I know, I know, it's a long shot. ( And I still think that the school of the boy might be a better lead...) But ya gotta admit, the composite photo of this psycccccccccccho machete/large knife killer is eerie.
I wonder if there is ANY, ANY connection,...be it drugs with the older brothers, or this freak simply didn't know what address he was looking for.
Nonetheless, it gave me pause. Read, and especially look at this crazy case. I do admit, he was from Texas, (I think,) and somehow this socio made it to Lexington... with a girlfriend who finaly turned him in??? I'm wondring what could have been... I know it's a longshot, and I do have other theories, still... this guy's mug looks just like the perp in this case. Correct me if I'm wrong, but would just like someone to further investigate this possibility. Can't hurt, right?
Perhaps this perp felt ripped off and "wronged" by someone. Didn't have the EXACT address, and went karate-psycho? Just wanting to exact some sick revenge. That in turn, led me to wonder.... Where were the older boys? Is there any connection???
[Not trying to make this case harder, just wondering what if, and if there is a possible connection?? I realize it is about a 12-hour straight drive from Omaha to this Michigan address, so maybe not, but WHAT IF?]
Sorry for adding probably nonsense, but what if? Look at the photo:

www.voicenews.com/articles/2010/08/26/news/doc4c753581b3b17936428464.txt

Crap I can't link the photos, but there are two that will blow your world if ya look at this dude compared to the composites. I'm so sorry I have to go, and research this further. (My son is sick, and has had some horrible stomach virus since 3 am.---hurling and such, so he is priority #1) Just wanted to throw this out there, and see if anyone else could link his photos,, and such.
Take care friends for justice,
Gotta go take care of my own. Can't wait to check back to see what you all think of this Jorge Diaz, Jr.

ShowerSinger- welcome back!! You have been missed.

Theories come and go on this case still you have to keep getting back to a couple central questions. Why does LE seem so relunctant to push into certain areas of investigation. Why have there been so few stories in local media. Is something or someone being protected? If so who and why?

Many humble thanks, for missing me. I really feel for you locals, and just shake my head when I think about this tragedy. It's unbelievable that it's being "swept under the rug." I'd be parked outside the detective's office if this were a loved one of mine. Their phone number would be on speed dial, so would America's Most Wanted, Nancy Grace, Geraldo, and yes, even the President of the United States! I seriously don't get how they turned down America's Most Wanted. Why??? That's something they need to answer for. Perhaps they could at least say we are confident in our "person of interest." However, we still lack enough evidence to seal the deal, so please come forward anyone who knows anything. Does make ya really question is there some sort of cover up, and if so, for whom? I dunno. Isn't there some gumshoe who could get on this, and at least assure the public they have someone specific in mind who did these crimes? Well, to shake things up, I hope they check the whereabouts of this killer:
www.thetimesherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/201008270635/NEWS01/8270310

This story made me wonder if there weren't some info that police were holding back on...like an accelerant, or hopefully DNA. Have the police even said if they have any DNA? I don't see how that could hurt the case if they confirmed just that little bit of info. Sure would make me feel better if they did.

These two victims deserve better than this. So does your community. Why the silence??? Where's the public push to get this solved?

Crap. I am exhausted, and headed for bed, yet sorely disappointed that this thread always seems to go down on the list. Everyone I have asked says this dude's photo matches the composite photo. So hey, why not go to the witnesses, and ask them? Check DNA? Or, is that not something the detectives are used to? Especially since they say they are always occupied with current crimes....? My PI friend, even though we are in another state said, "Hell yes, that composite looks just like their perp."

Okay. Way too tired to wait to hear a response, but I would like to know what everyone else on this thread thinks about this photo of the psycho- hacker killer looks like in comparison to the composite. There is another photo of this particular freak, but I am just too tired to try and link it. Needless to say, I think it's an amazing likeness.

Praying for answers, and safety for my Omaha friends!

Still interested in knowing about young Tom's older siblings....or Daddy Dearest love interests.... JMHO and curiosity....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485