Omaha double murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sometimes wondered if the perp could have been some deranged person who took offense at something Dr Hunter had in one of his on line articles dealing with medical research? His specialty has been issues with blood transfusion, etc. Perhaps someone who thought something he had said indicated that he was in some conspiracy re the AIDS virus, etc? Anything is possible. The doctor in New Orleans was gay- not sure if that is a clue to follow?
One chilling thought- has anyone else who participates in this thread ever had the feeling that the killer is reading it? I do not get that feeling as an ongoing thing but have had it a time or two, especially earlier this year.

That is always a possibility, Snick. It would be a good way to see if anyone is on the right track as to solving the case.

Interesting theory, keep brainstorming/researching

and yes, there is not a doubt in my mind that the perp is following this thread.

Interesting theory, keep brainstorming/researching

and yes, there is not a doubt in my mind that the perp is following this thread.

Will do Ryuzaki! Will post anything I find.

I've felt the perp reads here too, but seeing it written in your post is chilling!

Steph, We have discussed many theories and motives here on this thread. The WS Forensic Astrologers chart interpretations suggest that this was a hit on Tom. One thing is for sure, these murders were vicious. I think someone's anger got the best of them for some reason.

Ryuzaki, Here's a link to a case from 2004 in Rochester, NY. A well to do couple was attacked inside their home. The man was almost decapitated and the woman's eyeball was cut out. The hubby died but she survived. The couple's son was a suspect initially with alleged gambling depts. The home was also robbed the months prior to the murders. The theives stole laptops on both occasions. I haven't read it all....very gruesome. There is also suspicion there was more than one suspect.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16490"]Another Menandez situation? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The thread title is deceiving. I don't see a similarity to the Menendez case, MOO.

thanks for this link

very saddening, i did some research and found that their son was found guilty and given 50 years to life, his alibi fell through and he was proven to have large gambling debts, also his car was seen at the scene of the crime hours before the bodies were found

this was a good find though

keep up the good work.

I see no one has posted on since 12/6. I'm afriad this case is going to end up unsolved and I really hate that. I've lost faith in the Omaha Police Dept. and the media who have let this case die down to nothing.

I see no one has posted on since 12/6. I'm afriad this case is going to end up unsolved and I really hate that. I've lost faith in the Omaha Police Dept. and the media who have let this case die down to nothing.

YellowDog, thanks for bumping up the thread. There has been some sleuthing going on behind the scenes so rest assured that this case will not die down to nothing here on WS.:snooty:No way, no how....(that similie is called 'snooty' but I think it looks like 'no'...not snooty :~))

It is a busy time of year but March 13 is not that far away when you think about it. Maybe we'll hear something more after the first of the year. I sure hope so.

Let's remember to keep our eyes open for any similar cases in the midwest and the US to assist Ryuzaki with his sleuthing. Post a link 'cause ya never know.

I feel especially sad for Tom and Shirlee's families during the holiday season. I can't imagine how much they must miss their loved ones.

wm

I have been wondering if any of Shirlee's family are aware of this thread and/or following it? I found this condolence page online:

http://www.tributes.com/gift/leave_gift/83053003

I was tempted to email the family but decided that would be a bit presumptive. I thought also of posting a condolence and mentioning the thread but I wonder if any of them ever look at it anymore?
I do think her family has gotten the short end of the deal in all this. Everyone focuses on the Hunters. I would sure be interested to know what some of them think about some of the theories we have discussed on the board.

You know, Snick, I think the focus is more on the Hunters mainly because it was at their house. I'm sure Shirlee's family would think looking into the Hunters more would make sense.

By the way, thanks for keeping this case in our consciousness.

tapu/jen

I have been wondering if any of Shirlee's family are aware of this thread and/or following it? I found this condolence page online:

http://www.tributes.com/gift/leave_gift/83053003

I was tempted to email the family but decided that would be a bit presumptive. I thought also of posting a condolence and mentioning the thread but I wonder if any of them ever look at it anymore?
I do think her family has gotten the short end of the deal in all this. Everyone focuses on the Hunters. I would sure be interested to know what some of them think about some of the theories we have discussed on the board.

Thanks for the link snick. I would be interesting to hear the families opinions of theories discussed here, expecially Shirlee's because there haven't been many interviews with her family like there have been with the Hunter family.

I do have faith that this case will be solved. Sometimes it takes years for LE to gather enough evidence needed for an arrest. Just last week an arrest was made for Michelle Young's murder after 3 long years! Her husband Jason Young is now in custody. The general consensus was that he killed her but he had an alibi, was on business trip in VA. Registered at a hotel but sneaked out in the middle of the night to drive home, kill her and be back in VA by morning. and their 2 yr old daughter was left in the home with her mother's body. Tiny little bloody footprints were found when the crime scene was discovered! What kind of monster would do such a thing! At least he's in custody now and justice will be served.

What drives someone to kill? Especially a young boy and housekeeper....

wm

*sorry for the disturbances that this post caused... I am thankful to be a part of this thread, and thankful for the members that have made me feel welcome*

Welcome Near! I'm glad you decided to join us here at WS. Snick set up a 'private room' here at WS at one time where we could discuss the more sensative aspects of this case but WS discontinued the private rooms months back. Now we communicate via PM's if there's something we aren't comfortable with posting on the thread. Once you reach 50 posts then you may send and receive pm's also. I must say that it does take awhile to develop trust in fellow sleuths because one never really knows with whom they are communicating. One must be careful to protect one's privacy, IYKWIM.

Unfortunately, part of sleuthing entails looking at the families and discussing the gruesome details of the case. This is a crime forum after all and all aspects must be considered. But I know what you mean because many of us have had the same concerns.

There is a forum here for 'Family support' for crime victims but this thread is dedicated to solving the crime itself. It aint easy when it feels as though you're sleuthing with one arm tied behind your back due to knowing/suspecting that both the families and perp read here. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks for posting and I look forward to your contributions to the thread.

Hope this helps........wm

Welcome, Near. I must agree with Tapu that your first post was, indeed, a strange one.
We have been looking at this case from every angle. Until, it is solved, I think the door is wide open for speculation. There is something strange about a case of this magnitude that gets so little press or media coverage.

I almost feel like you may be a member of one of the victims' family. We are not here to hurt anyone, only to try and figure out what in the world caused these needless murders.

Thank you everyone for the Welcome, I must apologize for being so ambitious in my first post, I get ahead of myself sometimes. I guess i just wanted to jump in head first, sorry if I angered or startled anyone (Tapu) . I am connected to one of the families as Yellow Dog suspected, and am dismayed at the length of time that has expired, and how quiet the police have been, meaning one of two things 1. they have a really good suspect and are closing in or 2. they have nothing concrete and are scrambling.. I hope it is the first one but i have my doubts, Waltzing Matilda had a good point when she said that we have to gain trust with one another, I want to gain your trust and work with you side by side.

Hi Near. There is nothing the posters on this thread want solved more than these horrible murders. It's is so hard to believe no one saw anything that day except the dark skinned man in the SUV. Was he connected to the crime or not? No one seems to really know. If he wasn't the killer, that leaves us up in arms as to who the killer might be. And, therefore, we speculate down many different avenues. We also wonder why LE wouldn't allow AMW to do a TV show about these murders.

Dear Near,

My sincerest condolences for your loss. I can not even imagine.........and there are no words.......

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member