GUILTY OR - Brooke Wilberger, 19, Eugene, 24 May 2004 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A one-hour show that featured Brooke's cases and Maura Murray's disappearance was broadcast last week on one of the cable channels that carries old Dateline and 48 Hours episodes. Keep an eye out for these broadcasts!

The remains of 19-year-old BYU student Brooke Wilberger were found more than five years after she disappeared. The man accused of her murder, 42-year-old Joel Courtney revealed the location of her remains as part of a plea agreement. He pleaded guilty to Aggravated Murder and was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Stay with KSL.com, KSL TV and KSL Newsradio 102.7FM/1160AM.

Corvallis is right up the road from me! Have they said where her remains were found?

I am so glad the family ~ and community ~ will finally have closure!!!

http://www.komonews.com/news/60013937.html

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The remains of a 19-year-old student who disappeared more than five years ago have been found, and the man charged in her death pleaded guilty Monday.

Hi Hellolisakitty, Thanks so much for today's news. My heart goes out to her parents and family as this will be a traumatic day for them, looking at the reality of what has happened. I know they have known all along she was gone from the evidence found in his van. But it will still be a hard day for them and I wish them God's grace.

I'm sitting here typing with tears running down my face. What happened to Brooke should never happen to anyone much less a young lady who would have to be helpless in that situation. I will always have her spirit in my heart. xox

brooke-wilberger-mugjpg-cf8f6a15877874c2.jpg

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/09/brooke_wilbergers_remains_foun.html

<snipped>

More than five years after she was abducted from Oregon State University and presumed killed, the remains of Brooke Wilberger have been found and her suspected killer has pleaded guilty.

Joel Patrick Courtney faced a possible death sentence when he went to trial for aggravated murder in Wilberger's death next February in Benton. But today, after a change of venue to Marion County Circuit Court, Courtney, 43, entered a plea of guilty and was sentenced to prison for life with no possibility of release.

As a part of the plea agreement, Benton County District Attorney John M. Haroldson obtained clues that helped locate and recover Wilberger's remains.

Corvallis is right up the road from me! Have they said where her remains were found?

Hi Kimster, I just heard on FOX there will be a presser at 4 pm. xox

When she first went missing, everyone looked everywhere for her! Even all the farmers around here. She was from Veneta and vanished from Corvallis. I happen to live between the two...

I'm between shock and relief and sorrow. I will update as I hear news from around here.

I agree Kimster and know they will have a huge force of support.

There is a presser at 4 today and they will give the info on where she was found. xox

When she first went missing, everyone looked everywhere for her! Even all the farmers around here. She was from Veneta and vanished from Corvallis. I happen to live between the two...

I'm between shock and relief and sorrow. I will update as I hear news from around here.

It's been a long time coming and I feel the same way you do.

I haven't been here in a while but when I read this news I had to make sure you guys knew about it. This is great news. Now if only the scum bucket Courtney could get the death penalty!:furious:

I hope the DA had his fingers crossed when he agreed to the plea. Kill him anyway!

I haven't been here in a while but when I read this news I had to make sure you guys knew about it. This is great news. Now if only the scum bucket Courtney could get the death penalty!:furious:

Anngelique, It is so wonderful to hear your voice here today. When I learned about Brooke being found I thought about you right away. It is comforting to realize we all have this common bond between us here, holding her in our thoughts.

There was a time when I thought we would never learn what happened to Brooke. Courtney is such a cocky man I thought he would never give up her resting place. All these years I have envisioned her in a beautiful forest with tall firs, lacey green ferns and purple Triliums every Spring. Purple Triliums are very special. ;}

She was at the wrong place at the right time. My grandaughter Ariel is starting next week at the U of O and I have told her all about Brooke so she will be forewarned to be extra careful. She will now carry Brook's spirit with her. xox

Courtney'van was spotted speeding out of Rickreall, due west of Salem, on the day Brooke went missing. I think he was headed for the foothills of the Coast range to get rid of the body.

It is a very scenic area with lots of old farmhouses scattered here and there, huge green fields in May and then the forest of the Coast range almost as a backdrop as it rises before you.

We shall see, but I suspect it will be somewhere in that area where she was put. xox

Oh this is so sad. Prayers for Brooke's family now during their time of grief. :( :praying:

Have they said where she was located as of yet? I just heard, I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to get caught up yet on her thread.

I'm anxiously awaiting the presser. It seems weird to be happy when someone is found dead. But I am happy that the Wilberger's can bury their daughter now.

This has been one of my "pet" cases for so long - I didn't hear the news, I just found out about it when I was checking Websleuths this afternoon. May God comfort her poor family tonight, this has been such a long time coming.

It's amazing how well this was all kept under wraps. I wonder when they found Brooke's body?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicontrolling
Back