GUILTY OR - Brooke Wilberger, 19, Eugene, 24 May 2004 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
fran said:
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/front_page/1123063670114990.xml&coll=7

"We believe justice needs to be served," said Dina McBride of Beaverton, Courtney's sister. "He has a long history of involvement in things that have been hurtful to many people, and he needs to be held accountable for those behaviors."

McBride, who described herself as a spokeswoman for her family, said she was aware that her brother would be charged with murder and said her family has cooperated with the task force investigating Wilberger's disappearance for several months.
Thank God his family aided police!

I hope they find Brooke soon so that her family can say a proper goodbye.

They are being too evasive - I think the police know more.. Hopefully her family can bring her home soon.
Prayers for Brooke and her family!

I am sure too that they know more but are protecting the case. We may here more at the 2:oopm news conference.

An interesting statement was made today by this Courtney-jerkheads sister.
It was something to the effect that he has had problems for a very long time and whatever punishment he may get is truely deserved. Sounds like his family here in Beaverton (Where I live!) has been very cooperative with the investigation....

scandi said:
On the local news tonight it talked about his family who are from Beaverton Or. They said in May of 2004 he came back to Beaverton from down South and that he was picked up on a DUII the same day that Brooke went missing. He would have to have driven by Corvallis on his way up to the Portland area. They said the family who is a lovely family acc to the neighbors, have been working with LE for months now.
Scandi

Oh good grief! Don't tell me from '94 to 2004 he was in California? or do they mean 'down south' as in Southern Oregon?

I could think of several girls gone missing in California during the '94-2004 time period. :doh: Some were wearing 'school sweatshirts.'

Da#n sexual predators!

JMHO
fran

The fact that her family has not been speaking to the media leads me to think that LE may have been able to give them some very definative answers.

mysteriew said:
The fact that her family has not been speaking to the media leads me to think that LE may have been able to give them some very definative answers.

I just watched the video on www.katu.com and the police has asked the family of Brooke's and the family of the suspect NOT to speak to the media until AFTER the news conference. They said the family HAS been in the loop but has been asked not to speak. I bet we will hear from both of these family when the news conference is over.

mysteriew said:

This probably says it all, IMO:

http://www.katu.com/stories/78803.html

Police said after Wednesday, they would no longer need the public's help in terms of tips or information in the case

JMHO
fran

I dont know what to say. Atleast they know, and do not have to wonder anymore. how sad.

Hi Fran,

That was one of the first news blurbs I heard about it on TV, and it turns out it was not correct, so I don't know. He didn't actually get the DUII that day in 2004, but was due in court on the charge that day. Big difference.

I know from what the release was to the press on the info we heard last night has to say they know she is dead and who killed her, or they would not have arrested HIM on that CHARGE! Something was said about the Corvallis PD piecing everything together, so I bet with this charge in place, they already have all their ducks in a row. They might even know what happened to her. Maybe her body has been desintegrated in some way.

Scandi

scandi said:
Hi Fran,

That was one of the first news blurbs I heard about it on TV, and it turns out it was not correct, so I don't know. He didn't actually get the DUII that day in 2004, but was due in court on the charge that day. Big difference.

I know from what the release was to the press on the info we heard last night has to say they know she is dead and who killed her, or they would not have arrested HIM on that CHARGE! Something was said about the Corvallis PD piecing everything together, so I bet with this charge in place, they already have all their ducks in a row. They might even know what happened to her. Maybe her body has been desintegrated in some way.

Scandi

hi Scandi:

What I'm getting out of all of read is that the very day that Brooke disappeared, the perp was supposed to appear in court but phoned and said he was in Corvallis and on his way. He never showed.

He placed himself where Brooke disappeared from. It kind of sounds as if they may have the car or van too.

JMHO
fran

They're (Benton county DA) really not saying much about specifics in the case. Just that the green minivan WAS the link and that it was located "out of state" (not in NM). Never able to locate "Brian." No body located. Not saying much about evidence; Albuquerque PD contacted Newport (OR) PD to check for similar crimes in the area. Newport referred them to Corvallis and "a connection was made." This happened in early Dec 2004. DA "doesn't want to try case in the media" so is not saying much more. Grand jury has apparently been held in this case.

Press release (summary) will be released 3pm (PT) including copies of arrest warrants, indictments, etc. Capt Noble: "We still have a lot of work to do." "We still don't know where Brooke is."

I can't believe that the media, knowing that he was in the Portland/Beaverton area hasn't found an old high school teacher or beer buddy yet! I want to hear more about this creature...did you hear he was married with 3 kids?

lynie

It sounds like these LEs are truly doing a good job. They are not soiling the case by giving out too many details, it sounds as if they are being very thorough and it sounds like they have their man! From watching CW Jensen give his thoughts on the case it sounds like they must have found physical evidence placing Brooke in that green van. He said this is imperative because there would be NO other reason to place Brooke with this suspect. If her fingerprints, or DNA is found in that vehicle than you have found your culprit to her disappearance.

I have been very upset over this case after Robert St James started implying blame onBrooke's family, namely her brother-in-law Zak. I hope he offers a public apology here on this thread after all the facts come out. I hardly ever let things bother me but I used to walk away almost in tears and so upset that her family was being victimized after all they have been through. They seem like an amazing family, strong, full of strength, uprightness and fully united. It broke my heart that someone would lay blame at their door.

That's funny you mention him, Anngelique - I've been wondering if RStJ is going to make an appearance back here and comment on the latest developments.....

Robert dear Robert....everyone is allowed to have their opinions, and I do believe he would say "wait, the police have not divulged their information, Zak could have been there holding Brooke waiting for dirt-ball to come pick her up so he could meet up later." :doh: :doh:

:slap: :slap: :slap:

Heck,
I should eat crow too.
I thought it could be some sect leader or visitor like the Lafferty Bros...

What was he doing there? Seems like he was in to scoping campuses.
A LOT of the time though, it does turn out to be someone the victim somehow knows.
I am wondering about the initial green van tip...

I posted a synopsis of the press conf in post #32 - sorry, I didn't label it!

Yep...just finished a news conference with Joel Courtneys family....basically that his family (conference given by his older sister) would appreciate no media contact, and that she would be the family spokesperson. They have small children and an elderly relative in the home, and any additional upheavel could be harmful to these innocent people.

She also said that she is impressed with the professionalism and courtesy of the law enforcement folks that they have dealt with.

Sounds like the Courtney family is a decent one, I am sorry he has placed them in a bad position...

Bhodi...I know all of us were throwing around therories...The remarks about RStJ I believe refer to the insistence he had that the Corvallis police were trying to cover for the brother-in-law, and putting out some ideas that could be considered hurtful to the Wilberger family.

Heck, I too thought that she could have been "stolen" by a religious sect! especially after reading "Under the Banner of Heaven". I really wish this were the case :o(

annemc2 said:
I posted a synopsis of the press conf in post #32 - sorry, I didn't label it!

Thanks, I was hoping for a link but your word is good enough for me. Getting here late today and so much is happening that I am jumping from thread to thread just trying to keep up. :blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glittersomething
Back