Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Doe that matched was Annie Doe. Sorry, I should have stated that more clearly.

I am unable to edit my post to take it down and I'm a little offended so I will just take my research and see my way out. Cheers Websleuths.

I'm sorry for not understanding-- You are a DNA match to Annie Doe? Have you been able to trace your ancestry back to the Vanstones? How close of a match are you? 4-6 cousin? Or closer relation?
How did you determine you are a match to Annie Doe? I thought DNA Doe Project kept their doe profiles private? (But as I said before, I'm not on GedMatch so I don't know their website)

And I meant no offense by suggesting you move to another thread to discuss your DNA research. If you are a DNA relative of Annie Doe this is a good place to discuss. But you might want to be careful not to share too much personal info, of course. The other thread I linked is in the private forums that only members can view and there are more posters in that thread who know about DNA and genealogy research that might be able to help. That is why I suggested it.

I am unable to edit my post to take it down and I'm a little offended so I will just take my research and see my way out. Cheers Websleuths.
I don’t think any offense was intended. The folks that hang out on the genealogy thread will just be able to help you a ton more than (most) of us that hang out in UIDs.
I wouldn’t hesitate to contact DDP either. Granted I know very very little, but from my understanding, it would pretty quick to figure out whether you and Annie are from the same tree. They’re passionate about what they do and it might help break the case (potentially saving them a crazy number of hours), so I’m sure they wouldn’t mind.

Why would you be offended? Gardner was trying to help point you to a forum that would be more helpful in answering your questions. There’s absolutely zero to be offended about there.

If you have traced yourself to be connected to Annie doe then please make sure you contact DDP with that info if you don’t feel comfortable sharing it here.

I love Gardener to death. But I have to say, the wording was a little abrupt at the end. @sunnyday, those of us that know her realize she would never intend to offend anyone and was really only trying to be helpful. I hope you read some of her other posts, realize that yourself, and not leave WS. All of us have off days when we are in a hurry or something.

I’m a DDP volunteer, and I can say that neither “Annie Doe”, nor any of our other does, will show up among anyone’s match results. Anyone who has the Doe’s GEDMatch kit number can see the Doe’s matches. But we don’t make the Doe kit numbers public.

I’m a DDP volunteer, and I can say that neither “Annie Doe”, nor any of our other does, will show up among anyone’s match results. Anyone who has the Doe’s GEDMatch kit number can see the Doe’s matches. But we don’t make the Doe kit numbers public.

Thank you CarlK. I noticed Rainyday07 posted something similar in the thread I recommended and seems to acknowledge there knowing that the profiles are confidential. So I'm still lost as to what he or she was really asking if it is not possible for the average person who has their DNA on Gedmatch to know they are related to a doe. Maybe you can help answer questions over there too:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...na-for-genealogy.323643/page-18#post-14654852

:confused:

If someone thinks they are a match and thinks this is their family member, I hope they will contact DNA Doe Project. JMO.

Last edited:
Duchess, that is so beautiful. Both the sentiment and the drawing!!!! And what a GREAT idea to put it in the county fair! It would be fantastic if the right person would see it.

Thank you! I want to do as much as I can to help this case. It’s so nice to find a community working so hard to find Annie’s family!
Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Is Annie Doe, Annie Lehman?

Feb 19th, 2019

"In the fall of 1970, or maybe the spring of 1971 — it’s not clear — Annie Lehman ran away from her Aberdeen home. She would have been around 16 or 17.

Less than a year later, in August of 1971, the skeletal remains of a young woman were found near Cave Junction, Ore. The timing of Annie Lehman’s disappearance from Aberdeen and the age, size and hair color of the young woman in Oregon, have Josephine County, Ore., detectives trying to determine whether the “Jane Doe” remains they’ve had in storage the past 47 years are those of Annie Lehman.

Detective Ken Selig of the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office is hoping that friends, classmates or anyone who knew her will see the photo of Annie – Anne Marie Lehman was her full name – and remember her from her days on Grays Harbor. “My goal is to find people who knew her to see if they recall her association with anyone else who helped her.”

Selig was in Washington recently to collect a DNA sample from Lehman’s sister Virginia, who would be six years older than Annie and no longer lives on Grays Harbor. He hopes to have results in a matter of weeks...."

http://www.thedailyworld.com/news/is-annie-doe-annie-lehman/

Annie Lehman's photo from the article.

That would be really freaky if her name really did turn out to be Annie.

15624651_web1_MissingHero-1200x1617.jpg

Is Annie Doe, Annie Lehman?

Feb 19th, 2019

"In the fall of 1970, or maybe the spring of 1971 — it’s not clear — Annie Lehman ran away from her Aberdeen home. She would have been around 16 or 17.

Less than a year later, in August of 1971, the skeletal remains of a young woman were found near Cave Junction, Ore. The timing of Annie Lehman’s disappearance from Aberdeen and the age, size and hair color of the young woman in Oregon, have Josephine County, Ore., detectives trying to determine whether the “Jane Doe” remains they’ve had in storage the past 47 years are those of Annie Lehman.

Detective Ken Selig of the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office is hoping that friends, classmates or anyone who knew her will see the photo of Annie – Anne Marie Lehman was her full name – and remember her from her days on Grays Harbor. “My goal is to find people who knew her to see if they recall her association with anyone else who helped her.”

Selig was in Washington recently to collect a DNA sample from Lehman’s sister Virginia, who would be six years older than Annie and no longer lives on Grays Harbor. He hopes to have results in a matter of weeks...."

http://www.thedailyworld.com/news/is-annie-doe-annie-lehman/
So I wonder if this lead came about via the DDP work or whether this is an unrelated lead?

Wow what an amazing development. I’m suspecting that this was a DDP connection and that they are gonna wait til the DNA test returns and conclude a positive match.

I was skeptical when I first saw the article last night...now I’m feeling very hopeful this is Annie!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back