Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Annie Lehman's photo from the article.

That would be really freaky if her name really did turn out to be Annie.

15624651_web1_MissingHero-1200x1617.jpg

It would be super freaky. This happened with a murder victim named Dawn Birnbaum who coincidentally was nicknamed “Spring Dawn” before her identification. I’ve always found that randomly fascinating since I first heard of her case.

Dawn Birnbaum

Anyway, I’m really hopeful Annie will get her name back soon. This seems quite promising.

I don't want to sound sensationalist, but I'm certain that Annie Lehman is our Annie Doe... I was reading the article on TheDailyWorld and they don't give any hint of where did this new lead come from... So, all I can think is the DDP. The 'AL' initials on Annie Doe's ring can't be just a coincidence.

DDP said that they have two more cases solved, let's hope this case is one of them! :)

I don't want to sound sensationalist, but I'm certain that Annie Lehman is our Annie Doe... I was reading the article on TheDailyWorld and they don't give any hint of where did this new lead come from... So, all I can think is the DDP. The 'AL' initials on Annie Doe's ring can't be just a coincidence.

DDP said that they have two more cases solved, let's hope this case is one of them! :)
I think she definitely is. I’ve put two and two together and if Annie Lehman was not connected with DDP, how else was she, especially considering she wasn’t reported missing.

I think she definitely is. I’ve put two and two together and if Annie Lehman was not connected with DDP, how else was she, especially considering she wasn’t reported missing.

Exactly!
Although I don't know why they didn't mention on the newspaper that JD and MP were connected thanks to genetic genealogy.

I'm definitely no expert, but my gut feeling tells me that Annie Lehman is very very likely going to be Annie Doe....the stats and timing, and the fact that her mother was born in the Sussex area seem to match up perfectly with Annie Doe's stats. Along with what @AmonAmarther mentioned, the 'AL' on the ring also matches Annie Lehman's initials exactly. I know this is a very amateurish speculation, but could Annie Lehman have scratched her own initials onto the ring as she knew she was going to be a prostitute murder victim (the Dailyworld article mentioned that Annie Lehman 'could have been sold into the sex trade') and hence the initials on the ring would serve as a vital clue to who she was/help identify her one day?

Annie Lehman's appearance is strikingly similar to the NCMEC reconstruction of Annie Doe (even the hairstyles , especially the fringe, match). Makes me wonder if that was the exact same hairstyle that Annie Doe had when her skeletal remains were found.

(...) the 'AL' on the ring also matches Annie Lehman's initials exactly. I know this is a very amateurish speculation, but could Annie Lehman have scratched her own initials onto the ring as she knew she was going to be a prostitute murder victim (the Dailyworld article mentioned that Annie Lehman 'could have been sold into the sex trade') and hence the initials on the ring would serve as a vital clue to who she was/help identify her one day?
I always thought she scratched the initials in because she was afraid she could lose it or it could be stolen, meaning it could have some sort of sentimental value to her. JMO

I always thought she scratched the initials in because she was afraid she could lose it or it could be stolen, meaning it could have some sort of sentimental value to her. JMO

Seems odd. Defacing the stone like that basically destroyed the value. Though I guess sentimental reasons often trump cash value, so maybe it's not odd after all.

Exactly!
Although I don't know why they didn't mention on the newspaper that JD and MP were connected thanks to genetic genealogy.

I think shes been ID'd but I dont think its official yet. I dont doubt that the news came straight from LE, most likely they want her info out there whole waiting on final family DNA confirmation. I think DDP got a close enough match that LE were ok with her story getting out sooner, rather then later.

Everything adds up. The recon looks correct, the ring initials it's just a a matter of time till LE puts an official ID'd out there

I think shes been ID'd but I dont think its official yet. I dont doubt that the news came straight from LE, most likely they want her info out there whole waiting on final family DNA confirmation. I think DDP got a close enough match that LE were ok with her story getting out sooner, rather then later.

Everything adds up. The recon looks correct, the ring initials it's just a a matter of time till LE puts an official ID'd out there

I could’t agree more! I’m currently making plans with my Josephine County contact to arrange a memorial for Annie Doe whenever she should be identified at Mile Post 35 near Cave Junction. I’m reaching out to the Josephine County Sheriffs to see if they wish to participate as well and get locals involved.

If you all know anyone who would wish to participate, let me know! Also, I will likely live stream it on my Facebook page depending on how service is.

I’m so confident in this ID I’m already jumping the gun a bit haha!

It's a shame LE disnt allow DDP to have the glory of sharing some sort of news release on their page since it was probably their solve

The ring's stone is mother of pearl, which is commonly engraved. Perhaps Annie hoped for a nicer effect than it ultimately gave? Monogrammed/initial/signet rings aren't uncommon but can be pricey. The choice to engrave it could be seen as odd, but I think if it were done, it would most likely be her own initials or that of a significant other. A definite point in the favor of Annie Lehman, as others have indicated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back