OR OR - Erika Renee Hogg, 39, Josephine County, 17 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Woman in Josephine County

SELMA, Ore. — A woman who went missing a week ago has prompted the Josephine County Sheriff's Office (JCSO) to ask for help from the public in locating her.
268CB0DF-9721-45B0-B343-9E7AAAF5C1C1.jpeg
Erika Renee Hogg was last seen on May 17, walking in the 7800 block of Deer Creek Road, according to JCSO.

Hogg is described as a white female, 39 years-old, about 100 pounds and 5'6" tall, light brown hair in dredlocks with multi-colored (rainbow) highlights. Her eyes are brown, and she has a marijuana leaf tattoo on her right bicep.

At the last sighting of Hogg, she was wearing a green jacket/vest and purple moccasins.

JCSO asks that anyone with information about Hogg's whereabouts contact them immediately at 541-474-5123 or at 911 if contact is made with her.

KTVL CBS 10 News, Medford

Hogg1.jpg

"Erika Renee Hogg was last seen on May 17, walking in the 7800 block of Deer Creek Road, according to JCSO.

Hogg is described as a white female, 39 years-old, about 100 pounds and 5'6" tall, light brown hair in dredlocks with multi-colored (rainbow) highlights. Her eyes are brown, and she has a marijuana leaf tattoo on her right bicep.

At the last sighting of Hogg, she was wearing a green jacket/vest and purple moccasins.

JCSO asks that anyone with information about Hogg's whereabouts contact them immediately at 541-474-5123 or at 911 if contact is made with her."

Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Woman in Josephine County

Sad that there's been no activity on this thread since around the time she disappeared. I live in the area and just heard about her disappearance a few weeks ago, which definitely says something about how Media and LE have been handling the case (or not handling it).

A few articles i've seen state that she's schizophrenic, I'll try to find them again and link them here. But if that's the case then it really doesn't look that great.... who knows, though? Mentally ill people have been known to wander off and reappear years later before. Hell, people in general have done that, regardless of mental health.

Thinking about bringing this one to LordanArts.

Her name is spelled with a "c" on her Facebook, and using that spelling, I found this article from Oct. 22, 2018.

Police still searching for missing Selma woman - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2
Friends and family of Ericka Hogg are hoping for answers…and praying for good news.

[...]

Hogg’s sister, Rachel Carter, says she suffers from schizophrenia and is an adventurous spirit who’s gone missing before.

[...]

Carter says when she got a call from Hogg’s boyfriend concerned about where she was; They all contacted police.

Carter drove to Oregon.

“We did a ground search, we went on hikes, we walked the river…,” Carter said.

The family posted on social media, put up countless flyers, even hiring a private dog handler to search the grounds.

Hogg was nowhere to be found.

“It went stale…There were no new tips to follow up on,” said Sergeant Jeff Proulx, Oregon State Police.

The case has been investigated by multiple agencies from the Josephine County Sheriff’s Office, FBI, and now, Oregon State Police.

Right now, Sgt. Jeff Proulx says they’re still investigating it as a missing person’s case.

“We’ve reviewed the report and any interviews…and right now, nothing stands out that it was foul play…,” he said.

But family and friends aren’t so sure. Some are expressing concerns about a volatile past relationship.

(continued at the link)

Here is her FB page. Family and friends are pleading for information. They don’t feel LE is helping much. Unfortunately Josephine County LE has been rather limited due to budget cuts.

She may be in the Bend area, apparently. She’s so tiny!

https://www.facebook.com/Aiirakarra
The biggest thing I noticed is that she spells her name with a "c." Ericka

A few other observations:

Her intro says, among other things, she was a personal care provider at Oregon DHS, a musician, lives in Cannon Ball ND, attended Caldwell HS (Idaho) and she is from Bend, Oregon.

Flyers posted on her page indicate that she was last seen with her boyfriend, LAH, aka as Hannibal, that she is known to travel to Bend, Oregon, and that she is in need of medical assistance.

Cover photos from Oct 31, 2016 look like Colorado. I'm pretty sure this one Ericka Hogg Renee is Grand Junction, CO and a post on Nov 1, 2016 is tagged "in Grand Junction, CO."

However, there's also this photo Ericka Hogg Renee posted Nov 1, 2016 of her on a beach, which looks like it could be Cannon Beach but I'm not certain.

MOO

Last edited:
Ericka Renee Hogg
NamUs #MP53282

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Missing Age 39 Years
Current Age 40 Years
Height 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight 100 - 130 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Hair Color Sandy
Head Hair Description Light brown dreadlocks, rainbow-colored highlights
Eye Color Hazel
Eye Description Reports also list eye color as brown and green
Tattoo Marijuana leaf on right bicep
Clothing Green jacket vest
Footwear Purple moccasins
Date of Last Contact May 17, 2018
NamUs Case Created November 5, 2018
Last Known Location Map
Location Selma, Oregon
County Josephine County
Circumstances of Disappearance Ericka Hogg was last seen on May 17, walking in the 7800 block of Deer Creek Road.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Well I am local in Cave Junction and I saw a poster about this at a local business.

I have been actively searching for Sherry Wellwood and would like to note that 7800 Deer Creek Road is less than 10 miles from where Sherry's car was found abandoned. During good weather you could take Deer Creek Road to the road Sherry's car was found. I find this slightly suspicious does anyone else?

I should note that when I tried to take Deer Creek Road to search the area Sherry's car was found (I couldn't get there due to snow/ice on the pass) although many residences are quite nice you do pass some places that look highly sketchy (meth?).

Now that I know a bit more about this case I will also begin searching when I can for Ericka as well. Can't hurt to try.

Anyone interested can see my posts on Sherry Wellwoods disappearance here on WS.

Also I would be interested in checking out or helping a podcast. I can't help but notice the large number of missing persons cases in Josephine County and our poor sheriff does not have the budget/man power to resolve all of them.

Probably need to help JCSO with community volunteers to search more.

I have been actively searching for Sherry Wellwood and would like to note that 7800 Deer Creek Road is less than 10 miles from where Sherry's car was found abandoned. During good weather you could take Deer Creek Road to the road Sherry's car was found. I find this slightly suspicious does anyone else?

Holy Moly. Seriously good catch. I often browse the first page of this forum and look for missing people in my state and saw this one and thought "Hmm another in Josephine county" and then clicked on the google map link and alarm bells started going off from the Sherry case. Then I keep reading and see you're the one that bumped it!

To give people more of a visual perspective of just how close this is to Sherry here is a map (Click it for more detail):
FOVsln6.jpg

The last known locations of both of these middle aged women is 4-5 miles as the crow flies! 6-7 months apart from one another! I was not thinking foul play in the Sherry case but I can't help to think it now!

Even worse is there is seemingly very little media coverage about this. I browse websleuths every once in awhile and am always looking at local news but I just found out about these!

BTW, here is the link to the forum case for Sherry Wellwood: OR - OR - Sherry Wellwood, 46, Portland hospital, 10 Dec 2019 *car found*

Ok I listened to a podcast about Erica and I got some questions about the guys doing the searching with dogs.

First off I used to hunt with blue and red hounds back in the day for really stinky things like bears etc... Now in my experience they can track great....but really only best in snow. That keeps the scent in. Rain and other weather it's not as good. So my question is if Erica went missing in May there was no snow. How did this guys search dog get a scent from Selma Oregon to Bend Oregon. That's like hundreds of miles and hours of driving. What did he put the dog in the passenger seat and drove down the freeway and the dog makes one woof for a left or two woofs for a right?

I can't possibly imagine how he could have accurately tracked a scent days or weeks after she went missing in a vehicle with a dog with multiple roads/routes that could have been used and know where the destination was. It seems to me highly improbable.

Also he mentions he took his dog there 3 times to search and they never found anything that Erica's scent lead to the road etc. But then her ex gets out of jail some months or a year later and finds her personal belongings and her "bong" approx. 100yards behind the property in the woods. If this guy and his dog is so good to track her scent to Bend Oregon but couldn't locate her personal belongings 100 yards away?? Again something ain't adding up here.

I am not knocking the guy and his dog and the effort. He says he has 46 years experience. But in my experience it's not how long you been searching it's your success rate.

What I am saying is ....I think this guy and the search dog lead people astray in this case. Makes everyone think she fled to Bend but IMO all the details look to me like foul play on or near that property. Or somewhere very nearby.

I wonder if JCSO turned this over to Oregon State Police after thinking she fled to Bend. Knowing OSP would have more resources to search in Bend and other places in OR far away.

When really we need to go back to square one and seriously search the areas around that property and Deer Creek Road and Deer Creek itself. Also it seems highly suspicious her ex packed up and bailed to another state. He needs to be questioned. Hard.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67
Back